PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Commerce comet

BulldogtheMS
05-16-2019, 10:36 PM
Awesome win for the mustangs tonight. I know y?all are celebrating your sons state championship!
Mods move it if need be

DancingRabbit
05-16-2019, 11:18 PM
Awesome! Congrats to Commerce comet.

preachermatt83
05-16-2019, 11:34 PM
Congrats Commerce!!

Commercecomet24
05-17-2019, 12:30 AM
Thank y'all so much brothers! We are celebrating! Proud of our kids and coaches! They worked their butts off! We made history tonight! First state championship for west jones!

CadaverDawg
05-17-2019, 01:22 AM
Congrats my man

Todd4State
05-17-2019, 01:54 AM
Congrats Commerce! I know your son will never forget this!

msbulldog
05-17-2019, 04:04 AM
Congratulations CC!

shoeless joe
05-17-2019, 06:35 AM
Congrats!

Hope you noticed the Williams kid from Lafayette. He’s the real deal as a 9th grader.

No BS Dawg
05-17-2019, 07:29 AM
Congrats, Commerce! Special times!

BrunswickDawg
05-17-2019, 07:49 AM
Congrats Commerce! There is nothing quite like watching a group of high school kids come together and make a title run - especially at a school that isn't known for titles. It's special.

Tbonewannabe
05-17-2019, 07:52 AM
Congrats, it must be great to have a championship for all that hard work.

Martianlander
05-17-2019, 07:54 AM
Congratulations. You and your son will always remember!

West Tn Dawg
05-17-2019, 09:36 AM
Good Job! Congrats! A state championship is a special memory for a kid.

Political Hack
05-17-2019, 10:53 AM
That's awesome. Congrats CC. I know your son has to be pretty jacked up!!!

MarketingBully
05-17-2019, 11:01 AM
Congrats man! Now MSU needs to win the Natty! :)

Commercecomet24
05-17-2019, 11:29 AM
Thank y'all so much! I'm so humbled by your wonderful comments! Thank you! We are so proud of our kids and coaches. We have an old school head coach in Trey Sutton who coaches very hard. If you can't take harsh criticism you can't play for him. He came to West 3 years ago and there were a few who couldn't take his hard style of coaching, and left the program. My son loves him even when Trey chews his behind. He's turned these kids and this program into hard chargers who just grind and grind and grind. They are mentally tough and These kids are relentless!

We went up against some of the best arms in the state this year and beat em. We were 6 and 1 against 6A(we split with Brandon). In the playoffs we scored 65 runs and gave up 10 in 8 games.

I'm so proud of my kid. Y'all indulge me for minute if you don't mind cause these kind of things don't happen every day. He caught all but 2 innings this year. He's beat up, had to have his left thumb and wrist taped up to keep it immobile for the last 8 games, his ankle is so swollen you can't tell where his calf begins and he took a foul tip of his right thumb in game 1 and its twice it's normal size, and his whole body is bruised and battered,yet he found a way to elevate his play for the playoff run. He went 11 for 23 with 2 doubles, 2 hrs, 11 rbi and 4 walks. He drove in 2 runs in Game 1 and singled to lead off the 5th last night that started our 4 run rally. He threw out the only runner that attempted to steal in the playoffs. He's leading the country(catchers) in total chances, putouts, third in assists and is in the top 8 throwing out runners, only 2 errors in over 350 chances and 2 passed balls this year.

I appreciate y'all so much for the good thoughts and wishes! Thank y'all! It's what makes this the BEST board bar none!

Now, I hope to watch our Dawgs go get a Natty, this would complete a dream baseball season for me!

HAILSTATE!

Commercecomet24
05-17-2019, 11:32 AM
Congrats!

Hope you noticed the Williams kid from Lafayette. He’s the real deal as a 9th grader.

Yes I did. Their best hitter by far, he can swing it. Needs to work on the glove a little but just a freshman playing a very demanding position, he's got a bright future. Plays hard too which I always look for and enjoy seeing.

BrunswickDawg
05-17-2019, 12:09 PM
Brag away Commerce, no on here will take offense.

Catching is such a fun part of the game, and it takes a certain mentality to do it and do it well. It takes a toll on your body. Hope he gets a week or two to heal up before summer ball starts!

West Tn Dawg
05-17-2019, 12:14 PM
Heck yea, you can brag! Those stats are not bragging, they are facts. Great job by your son. Hope he continues to improve and we see him in the Dude one day.

msbulldog
05-17-2019, 12:15 PM
So proud for you and your son CC, you talk all you want about him and his team, love to read about it.

BulldogtheMS
05-17-2019, 12:22 PM
Thank y'all so much! I'm so humbled by your wonderful comments! Thank you! We are so proud of our kids and coaches. We have an old school head coach in Trey Sutton who coaches very hard. If you can't take harsh criticism you can't play for him. He came to West 3 years ago and there were a few who couldn't take his hard style of coaching, and left the program. My son loves him even when Trey chews his behind. He's turned these kids and this program into hard chargers who just grind and grind and grind. They are mentally tough and These kids are relentless!

We went up against some of the best arms in the state this year and beat em. We were 6 and 1 against 6A(we split with Brandon). In the playoffs we scored 65 runs and gave up 10 in 8 games.

I'm so proud of my kid. Y'all indulge me for minute if you don't mind cause these kind of things don't happen every day. He caught all but 2 innings this year. He's beat up, had to have his left thumb and wrist taped up to keep it immobile for the last 8 games, his ankle is so swollen you can't tell where his calf begins and he took a foul tip of his right thumb in game 1 and its twice it's normal size, and his whole body is bruised and battered,yet he found a way to elevate his play for the playoff run. He went 11 for 23 with 2 doubles, 2 hrs, 11 rbi and 4 walks. He drove in 2 runs in Game 1 and singled to lead off the 5th last night that started our 4 run rally. He threw out the only runner that attempted to steal in the playoffs. He's leading the country(catchers) in total chances, putouts, third in assists and is in the top 8 throwing out runners, only 2 errors in over 350 chances and 2 passed balls this year.

I appreciate y'all so much for the good thoughts and wishes! Thank y'all! It's what makes this the BEST board bar none!

Now, I hope to watch our Dawgs go get a Natty, this would complete a dream baseball season for me!

HAILSTATE!

No doubt about Trey. I played with him a west. He coaches liked he played, like a man possessed! He keeps the kids fired up for sure. It’s incredible to me some of the numbers these kids put up this year. Including your son. He’s one tuff dude. I know every one on this side of the county is fired up this morning. Congrats again buddy

Commercecomet24
05-17-2019, 12:44 PM
No doubt about Trey. I played with him a west. He coaches liked he played, like a man possessed! He keeps the kids fired up for sure. It’s incredible to me some of the numbers these kids put up this year. Including your son. He’s one tuff dude. I know every one on this side of the county is fired up this morning. Congrats again buddy

Thank you so much! I coached him hard from the get go and Trey has just continued that brand of coaching. I don't think my kid could play for someone that wasn't a hard ass. He's fiery and intense and I think that's why him and Trey bonded immediately. Trey started him at catcher as a freshman during his first year as West's head coach. He loves Trey even when he's getting reamed. We love Trey and what he's done here at West. Such a special feeling for them to make history!

Political Hack
05-17-2019, 03:39 PM
That's unreal for a catcher to not give up a stolen bag during the entire playoff run. Not to even mention is other stats... keep him working man and definitely get him rested and healed! People don't realize how hard it is behind the dish, but when you find a guy who can perform back there the sky's the limit.

Cooterpoot
05-17-2019, 04:46 PM
Congrats CC! I couldn’t get to Trustmark until today. MS has some damn good talent here today! Hate I missed yours.

Commercecomet24
05-17-2019, 05:42 PM
That's unreal for a catcher to not give up a stolen bag during the entire playoff run. Not to even mention is other stats... keep him working man and definitely get him rested and healed! People don't realize how hard it is behind the dish, but when you find a guy who can perform back there the sky's the limit.

Thanks Hack! He threw out Dannis Jackson earlier this year and it was on a breaking ball. That was the only caught stealing for dannis all year.

Commercecomet24
05-17-2019, 05:45 PM
Congrats CC! I couldn’t get to Trustmark until today. MS has some damn good talent here today! Hate I missed yours.

Thanks man! Yeah I've seen a lot of talent this week as well. Coached a few of em.