PDA

View Full Version : Hayden Jones - Baseball Playing time

The Federalist Engineer
05-16-2019, 09:38 PM
Hayden Jones - been a while since he played. What gives? Jones is a big bat and big prospect.

Hancock has been very good, in the meantime.

The Federalist Engineer
05-16-2019, 09:42 PM
8th inning sub for Skelton. Kid needs to play when he can.

TNDawg35
05-16-2019, 10:20 PM
I literally just asked the same in the game thread. I believe he is our future at catcher. The season Skelton is having, he will be hard to retain after the draft. I like Hancock, but I think Hayden will be better in the long run.

timotheus
05-16-2019, 10:35 PM
I agree guys but we can't overlook Hancock. He's a pure dirt bag and I think his bat will be in the lineup next year. question is, where does he play?

Todd4State
05-17-2019, 01:56 AM
I think we play both Hancock and Jones at catcher in the future and have them split time back there. It's a good problem to have. The one who isn't catching can possibly DH.

shoeless joe
05-17-2019, 06:38 AM
Admittedly I haven’t gotten to see jones play much...but if he’s better than Hancock behind the dish then he is a studd. I have said before but from a blocking and arm talent standpoint Hancock has pro ball skills. What he lacks rite now is size and therefore I agree with those saying we’ll utilize more than one behind the dish next year.

Tbonewannabe
05-17-2019, 08:37 AM
It seems like Hayden has just popped up every time he gets to bat for a while now. Hancock just seems to have better discipline at the plate right now. I think both have great potential and Jones seems to have a lot of power in his swing. Jones also has a great arm behind the plate.