PDA

View Full Version : McNamee

Homedawg
05-13-2019, 09:30 PM
So now that it's out there. McNamee is out until at least the regional. Based on the person who told me, getting him back then is clearly not a certainty. Big time fingers crossed. Hatcher gonna have to step up. And Cumbest as well. Tough news for us for sure

maroonmania
05-13-2019, 09:48 PM
We've been playing him with a bad wheel for several weeks now. We took a risk playing him without letting him heal up and it backfired by him injuring it worse. Certainly hope we get him back in time for regional play.

BuckyIsAB****
05-13-2019, 10:04 PM
It probably had a lot to do with him slumping at the plate as well. I would guess though it was his decision as to whether or not he wanted to play hurt. I've never heard of a coach (a good one) forcing a kid to play when he's injured. You can be hurt or you can be injured. Mac is now injured

Homedawg
05-13-2019, 10:06 PM
We've been playing him with a bad wheel for several weeks now. We took a risk playing him without letting him heal up and it backfired by him injuring it worse. Certainly hope we get him back in time for regional play.

Maybe so. But he won us a game last week and was showing signs of coming out of it.

MarketingBully
05-13-2019, 11:46 PM
I’d play Cumbest the whole time. He gives us the best chance in the outfield and just put Cumbest at 7 in the order and move everyone up in the lineup.

Todd4State
05-13-2019, 11:57 PM
I’d play Cumbest the whole time. He gives us the best chance in the outfield and just put Cumbest at 7 in the order and move everyone up in the lineup.

Nah. You match it up with Hatcher going against RHP and Cumbest against LHP.

I think MacNamee ends up coming back for the Regionals. The guy is a badass and by that time it will basically be three weeks assuming he doesn't pinch hit or something in the SEC Tournament.

MarketingBully
05-14-2019, 03:25 AM
Nah. You match it up with Hatcher going against RHP and Cumbest against LHP.

I think MacNamee ends up coming back for the Regionals. The guy is a badass and by that time it will basically be three weeks assuming he doesn't pinch hit or something in the SEC Tournament.

Cumbest is great in the outfield. I don’t trust Hatcher out there. You might as well put Allen in right and move Hatcher to first if you go with Hatcher. Hatcher played first in HS and Allen player OF in high school. I don’t understand why we’ve changed their positions so drastically in college.

Homedawg
05-14-2019, 07:34 AM
Cumbest is great in the outfield. I don’t trust Hatcher out there. You might as well put Allen in right and move Hatcher to first if you go with Hatcher. Hatcher played first in HS and Allen player OF in high school. I don’t understand why we’ve changed their positions so drastically in college.

Allen played inf in hs. And I like Todd would platoon them. Cumbersome still isn't ready offensively to be an everyday guy

Saltydog
05-14-2019, 08:15 AM
Apparently he's supposed to be having a "procedure" today on his foot. I'm not sure exactly what that entails. He'd been in a boot for the last few weeks anyway. Either way, it's not good.

HooverDawg
05-14-2019, 09:17 AM

Did you watch the game on Sunday?

HooverDawg
05-14-2019, 09:18 AM
Wish there was a way to play Halter out there with Gilbert at third and then we could DH Hancock. But I don't think Halter has ever played outfield and we know he struggles in the infield.

Tbonewannabe
05-14-2019, 09:19 AM
Did you watch the game on Sunday?

Hatcher made a game saving play so I guess he is at least ok.

shoeless joe
05-14-2019, 09:47 AM
Hatcher made a game saving play so I guess he is at least ok.

But he also made a terrible read on the first hit in the 8th that would have ended the inning before all the fielding mishaps and the last two runs scored.

HooverDawg
05-14-2019, 10:18 AM
But he also made a terrible read on the first hit in the 8th that would have ended the inning before all the fielding mishaps and the last two runs scored.

No that was a frozen rope that he smartly let land in front of him for a harmless single with a 7 run lead in the 8th inning with 2 outs and nobody on base. Smart play, actually. Hatcher will be fine in right.

shoeless joe
05-14-2019, 10:33 AM
No that was a frozen rope that he smartly let land in front of him for a harmless single with a 7 run lead in the 8th inning with 2 outs and nobody on base. Smart play, actually. Hatcher will be fine in right.

If he takes one step up he catches it. It was so close I thought live that if he had just stuck his glove out he catches the correct read was to come in two steps and get the out. I guarantee you he’d say the exact same thing.

WinningIsRelentless
05-14-2019, 10:35 AM

Cumbest was the one who made a terrible base running mistake right after Mac got hurt. Dumbest thing ever.

HooverDawg
05-14-2019, 10:57 AM
If he takes one step up he catches it. It was so close I thought live that if he had just stuck his glove out he catches the correct read was to come in two steps and get the out. I guarantee you he’d say the exact same thing.

LOL.

ShotgunDawg
05-14-2019, 10:59 AM
If he's not fully healthy by the regional, I'd consider DHing him & just tell him to jog out any hits. If he gets on base, then pinch run for him