PDA

View Full Version : South Carolina down to 8 pitchers for the rest of the season no excuse not to sweep,,

99jc
05-13-2019, 07:52 PM
now. we need to take care of business. Even their fans have little hope of a win...??..

I think it will be tough for anyone to get a win next weekend. I would give Alabama the best chance to win 1 of 3 and us the next best option to get one. I think we?ll all be swept, but if we can get one it will be good (unexpected). But, we need Al to be swept. We ain?t winning our first SEC series on the road at MISSST. They hit the cover off the ball and our pitching is on life support. So unless AL is swept (and really KY too), our season will end next weekend even if we find a rabbit?s foot for a game.

ShotgunDawg
05-13-2019, 07:55 PM
This is the SEC

I'll never say that we should sweep everyone. Very few excuses to not take 2 of 3, but I can't ever say there are no excuses not to sweep.

Plus, I'm not sure what a sweep would actually do for us that winning 2 or 3 won't

Todd4State
05-13-2019, 08:18 PM
Yeah- in baseball all it takes is for something weird to happen for an "upset" to occur in a one game situation.

basedog
05-13-2019, 08:55 PM
I've seen way to many unknown unappreciated pitchers step up and pitch like a Cy Young candidate!

That's Baseball

Dawg2003
05-13-2019, 09:18 PM
Don't know if it's been said here yet, but Gene's Page said Mac will be out for 2 weeks.

Todd4State
05-13-2019, 09:22 PM
Don't know if it's been said here yet, but Gene's Page said Mac will be out for 2 weeks.

Honestly, I was hoping that he would sit out this week and the SEC Tournament anyway. It really would be foolish to play him the next two weeks anyway.

Skydawg1
05-13-2019, 09:50 PM
I've seen way to many unknown unappreciated pitchers step up and pitch like a Cy Young candidate!

That's BaseballSo has Mike Bianco!*

Homedawg
05-13-2019, 10:07 PM
This is the SEC

I'll never say that we should sweep everyone. Very few excuses to not take 2 of 3, but I can't ever say there are no excuses not to sweep.

Plus, I'm not sure what a sweep would actually do for us that winning 2 or 3 won't

This. Hell it only takes one of the 8 to shove it up our ass. The worst mlb team that sucks wins 60....most of the time. Ha.

Homedawg
05-13-2019, 10:09 PM
Honestly, I was hoping that he would sit out this week and the SEC Tournament anyway. It really would be foolish to play him the next two weeks anyway.

Separate thread on this but, it's just a hope he's back by then. I think it's a hope at this point not a guarantee by any means.

The Federalist Engineer
05-14-2019, 10:52 AM
So has Mike Bianco!*

That's right. Just this year, we basically got no-hit by UAB's Ashcraft and the skinny kid from Texas Southern handled us for 7 or 8 innings before we got something.

Gotta respect the opponent. South Carolina has talent and a lot of pride, they will fight for their season. They will fight to scramble the eggs of a top-5 team.

Liverpooldawg
05-14-2019, 11:19 AM
now. we need to take care of business. Even their fans have little hope of a win...??..

It's baseball. There is no such thing as "no excuse not to sweep." Anybody can beat anybody on a given day.

Jack Lambert
05-14-2019, 11:39 AM
This. Hell it only takes one of the 8 to shove it up our ass. The worst mlb team that sucks wins 60....most of the time. Ha.

The problem is by the third round of batting the batters have him figured out. Our guys will hit any pitcher they throw at them.

TNDawg35
05-14-2019, 11:54 AM
That's right. Just this year, we basically got no-hit by UAB's Ashcraft and the skinny kid from Texas Southern handled us for 7 or 8 innings before we got something.

Gotta respect the opponent. South Carolina has talent and a lot of pride, they will fight for their season. They will fight to scramble the eggs of a top-5 team.
Shit I wish Ashcraft was still here. Just imagine having him as our #3 and Plum as a 4. We would have Natty written all over us.

Todd4State
05-14-2019, 12:42 PM
Shit I wish Ashcraft was still here. Just imagine having him as our #3 and Plum as a 4. We would have Natty written all over us.

Yeah- we screwed him over trying to get Carter Stewart and ended up with neither.

WeWonItAll(Most)
05-14-2019, 12:54 PM
He would not be our #3. He would probably be our best #4 right now though.

5.27 ERA, 39 walks and 50 Ks in 54.2 innings pitched. Teams are hitting .261 off him

Plumlee is 3.68 era, 24 walks and 51 Ks in 63.2 IP. Teams are hitting .202. Against SEC competition

I think he had a chip on his should against us and/or he caught us in one of our games where the bats go ice cold.

TNDawg35
05-14-2019, 01:55 PM
He would not be our #3. He would probably be our best #4 right now though.

5.27 ERA, 39 walks and 50 Ks in 54.2 innings pitched. Teams are hitting .261 off him

Plumlee is 3.68 era, 24 walks and 51 Ks in 63.2 IP. Teams are hitting .202. Against SEC competition

I think he had a chip on his should against us and/or he caught us in one of our games where the bats go ice cold.

I don’t care if he is our 3 or 4. Our 4 right now in Keegan can’t throw a strike to save his life. If I’m not mistaken, Ashcraft shut Bama down also during a mid week. I know, I know, it’s Bama. But we played Bama in a series also.

basedog
05-14-2019, 01:57 PM
Ashcraft is history to Msu baseball, doesn't matter today. I wish the kid the best!

The Federalist Engineer
05-14-2019, 03:29 PM
Yeah- we screwed him over trying to get Carter Stewart and ended up with neither.

How did we keep Kale Breaux and lose Ashcraft?

I am ok with us trying to get Carter Stewart, that would have changed the game.

Heck, why did we lose Cole Marsh, who was decent for midweek work?

Lord McBuckethead
05-15-2019, 09:29 AM
The problem is by the third round of batting the batters have him figured out. Our guys will hit any pitcher they throw at them.

Except that kid that threw 80 mph fastballs a few weeks ago. The game prior to the ARk series.

drunkernhelldawg
05-15-2019, 03:24 PM
I'm actually worried about this weekend. Winning and continuing to win gets tougher and tougher. Our players have to maintain a high level of motivation even though everybody's saying that we've already won the season. The great thing is that our coach knows this stuff thick and thin. He'll do all he can, and our players are so good that they're likely to respond.

The Federalist Engineer
05-15-2019, 03:59 PM
I'm actually worried about this weekend. Winning and continuing to win gets tougher and tougher. Our players have to maintain a high level of motivation even though everybody's saying that we've already won the season. The great thing is that our coach knows this stuff thick and thin. He'll do all he can, and our players are so good that they're likely to respond.

Actually we have been winning with some of the team slumping. This team is so deep that we seem to always have someone up while another is down...

We haven't had a Cole Gordon hot streak yet, Westy is due for a breakout, Mac is due to get healthy and breakout.