PDA

View Full Version : Softball Expert Question - Louisiana Lafayette

ScottH
05-13-2019, 06:12 PM
They are 50-4 and 25-0 in their Conference.

How are they a 2 seed?

Really Clark?
05-13-2019, 06:23 PM
Their RPI is 17th Nationally so I don’t have a huge problem with them being a 2 seed. I have a huge issue with UNM hosting when they are below them at 18th in RPI and ULL is ranked Top 10, UNM is ranked 17th. They shouldn’t be a national seed, especially how the went flat at the end of the season. And ULL definitely shouldn’t be a 2 at UNM regional but they have a good shot to come out of that regional

Quaoarsking
05-13-2019, 06:24 PM
It's also an issue in women's basketball. UCF had an RPI of 15 and got a 12 seed this past year. Not that the RPI is a great metric or anything, but it's clear that UCF got hosed.

TNDawg35
05-13-2019, 06:36 PM
ULL will win that regional.

Cooterpoot
05-13-2019, 08:29 PM
Let’s face it. The seeding was a mess this year. A damn mess.

notsofarawaydawg
05-13-2019, 08:40 PM
UNM is throwing money at anything they can to try and say they are championship material in any sports program. They've got a lot to throw around since the NCAA lived on campus for like three years. Got to give all them white girls a little love now.

Todd4State
05-13-2019, 08:53 PM
My question: Does ULL have a pitcher that is a potential grad transfer that would come to MSU?

Really Clark?
05-13-2019, 08:59 PM
My question: Does ULL have a pitcher that is a potential grad transfer that would come to MSU?

Their ace is from Lafayette and will be a Senior next year. Doubt she would. She is very very good. A lot of innings on her arm this year but very good

Really Clark?
05-13-2019, 09:00 PM
Let’s face it. The seeding was a mess this year. A damn mess.

Yes it was

Dawg2003
05-13-2019, 09:25 PM
How in the world is FL the overall 5 seed? I have watched them this year, and they are not a CWS team.

BuckyIsAB****
05-13-2019, 10:27 PM
I have never ever in my life seen OM fans become such softball fans. 2 years ago they didnt know they had a team

Leeshouldveflanked
05-13-2019, 10:57 PM

Lafayette is a much better program than MSU in Fastpitch.

Really Clark?
05-14-2019, 07:17 AM
UNM is throwing money at anything they can to try and say they are championship material in any sports program. They've got a lot to throw around since the NCAA lived on campus for like three years. Got to give all them white girls a little love now.

What? How does that sentence relate to the rest of your post? And was skin color really necessary to be brought up? They did give Loftin from Mendenhall a scholarship as well. Good young woman and deserving a scholarship.

Dawg2003
05-14-2019, 07:39 AM
I have never ever in my life seen OM fans become such softball fans. 2 years ago they didnt know they had a team

You could say the same thing about us and women's basketball.

Westdawg
05-14-2019, 08:01 AM
Having lived and coached in NM, I can tell you that they care about three things in that state way more than you can imagine - softball, volleyball, and basketball. There are few legit D1 football athletes, which probably feeds the frenzy around the others. And girls there are taller, longer, and there's a huge push for those kids to compete in those sports at a very high level at a very early age.
Speaking of this, our volleyball coaches need to spend a ton of recruiting time scouting the states of of NM, CO, and UT. Most high schools , even the small ones, have one or more college athlete on their volleyball teams. It's ridiculous.

Quaoarsking
05-14-2019, 03:44 PM
You could say the same thing about us and women's basketball.

That's not really true. There was a lot of discussion on SPS about WBB when the Congo girls led us to the S16 under Fanning.

And to go way, way back, there was discussion on Gene's Page about the Latoya Thomas and Tan White teams.

RocketDawg
05-14-2019, 03:50 PM
Their RPI is 17th Nationally so I don’t have a huge problem with them being a 2 seed. I have a huge issue with UNM hosting when they are below them at 18th in RPI and ULL is ranked Top 10, UNM is ranked 17th. They shouldn’t be a national seed, especially how the went flat at the end of the season. And ULL definitely shouldn’t be a 2 at UNM regional but they have a good shot to come out of that regional

It may be a matter of facilities ... what does ULL have? Would they be acceptable as a host site?

Really Clark?
05-14-2019, 03:57 PM
It may be a matter of facilities ... what does ULL have? Would they be acceptable as a host site?

Goodness that’s not the issue. They’ve hosted multiple and have very nice facilities. They had nearly 2800 in attendance when they beat Stanford in the 2012 regionals. They even have luxury seating and covered grandstand. Considered one of the best places to play in college softball.

South Alabama has hosted in the past as well when they were cranking pretty good

RocketDawg
05-14-2019, 06:58 PM
]Goodness that’s not the issue. They’ve hosted multiple and have very nice facilities. They had nearly 2800 in attendance when they beat Stanford in the 2012 regionals. They even have luxury seating and covered grandstand. Considered one of the best places to play in college softball.
[/B]
South Alabama has hosted in the past as well when they were cranking pretty good

Thanks. That's why I asked. For all I knew they played in a pasture.