PDA

View Full Version : Thompson vs Stevens Career Stats

YoungB
05-13-2019, 03:43 PM
Based on recent threads, I expected Stevens to have a few more career throws.

K Thompson
http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4242243/keytaon-thompson
https://i.imgur.com/2SFwQX1.jpg

T Stevens
http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/stats/_/id/3791110/tommy-stevens
https://i.imgur.com/RGMa3A4.jpg

Jack Lambert
05-13-2019, 03:46 PM
I just hope he understands that the Big 10 has a few good defenses but the SEC is a whole different level when it come to defenses. I think Moorhead learned the hard way. If I am not mistaken Iowa had negative rushing yards in the out back bowl.

RougeDawg
05-13-2019, 05:34 PM
I just hope he understands that the Big 10 has a few good defenses but the SEC is a whole different level when it come to defenses. I think Moorhead learned the hard way. If I am not mistaken Iowa had negative rushing yards in the out back bowl.

Iowa had a majority of their yardage on a handful of plays. We either stuffed them and a punt, or they hit a homerun.

YoungB
05-13-2019, 05:53 PM
Keytaon has more throws in Moorhead's offense than Stevens.

chef dixon
05-13-2019, 06:00 PM
Stevens is a hope and a prayer

Really Clark?
05-13-2019, 06:06 PM
Keytaon has more throws in Moorhead's offense than Stevens.

Game throws? KT 39 attempts, Stevens 41 (they ran the same offense this season)

RougeDawg
05-13-2019, 06:09 PM
Stevens is a hope and a prayer

Better break out the bread and wine then, and get an early start.

chef dixon
05-13-2019, 06:12 PM
Better break out the bread and wine then, and get an early start.

Not so much that he will come, but that he will be any better than what we got

Ari Gold
05-13-2019, 06:19 PM

Explain ...

chef dixon
05-13-2019, 06:56 PM
Explain ...

Preface by saying I don't know if KT is the answer.

Stevens has maybe even less game experience than KT. He has never been a starter in college. He has recent injury issues and obviously was looking like he was not going to win the job at Penn State. Its far from clear cut to me that he can come in and actually be any good, especially in the SEC.

Ari Gold
05-13-2019, 07:13 PM
Preface by saying I don't know if KT is the answer.

Stevens has maybe even less game experience than KT. He has never been a starter in college. He has recent injury issues and obviously was looking like he was not going to win the job at Penn State. Its far from clear cut to me that he can come in and actually be any good, especially in the SEC.

I don’t think anyone has ever said Stevens is the savior. He may come here an blow up tho.
Thing is CJM is doing things to make this team better . Which we can all get behind

BiscuitEater
05-13-2019, 07:13 PM
QB that knows JoeMo's O and has experience in it ... check
Another QB in case of injury; possible starter .. check
Available positions under 85 .. check
Competition should help ALL QBs .. check

More positives than negatives

chef dixon
05-13-2019, 07:24 PM
I don’t think anyone has ever said Stevens is the savior. He may come here an blow up tho.
Thing is CJM is doing things to make this team better . Which we can all get behind

I agree with that.

I just hope he has a plan for 2020. A 1 year rental that isn't significantly better will just keep KT from getting valuable experience going into his senior year. That is, assuming Moorhead ever wants him to be the starter.

YoungB
05-13-2019, 07:31 PM
Game throws? KT 39 attempts, Stevens 41 (they ran the same offense this season) By adding an additional year with a different coordinator you can get to 41 game throws. I'm not sure that materially changes what I was making note of. There isn't a huge chasm in experience levels given the game throws and Keytaon going through 2 spring practices.

YoungB
05-13-2019, 07:33 PM
QB that knows JoeMo's O and has experience in it ... check
Another QB in case of injury; possible starter .. check
Available positions under 85 .. check
Competition should help ALL QBs .. check

More positives than negatives

agree

Cooterpoot
05-13-2019, 07:43 PM
He’s not a difference maker. But maybe he helps us. Bout sums it up.

Really Clark?
05-13-2019, 07:43 PM
By adding an additional year with a different coordinator you can get to 41 game throws. I'm not sure that materially changes what I was making note of. There isn't a huge chasm in experience levels given the game throws and Keytaon going through 2 spring practices.

Stevens springs under Moorehead don’t count? And I didn’t say that there was a real difference. Just pointing out that statistically “under Moorehead’s offense” which they are still running, he actually had more throws in games.

Todd4State
05-13-2019, 08:21 PM
Quarterbacking is more than passing. I think based on what I have seen that Stevens runs Joe's offense better at this point. The stats don't measure the reads on handoffs on the option and things like that.

Really Clark?
05-13-2019, 08:27 PM
Quarterbacking is more than passing. I think based on what I have seen that Stevens runs Joe's offense better at this point. The stats don't measure the reads on handoffs on the option and things like that.

Very very true

RezDog7
05-13-2019, 08:37 PM
If I poured the purest of purified water on your head, some of you would still call it piss.

Jarius
05-13-2019, 09:27 PM
I agree with that.

I just hope he has a plan for 2020. A 1 year rental that isn't significantly better will just keep KT from getting valuable experience going into his senior year. That is, assuming Moorhead ever wants him to be the starter.

KT will not be on our roster in 6 months. Joe is not worried about KT getting game experience or he would not be bringing Stevens in. Mayden or Shrader will be the guy next year.

RougeDawg
05-14-2019, 04:10 PM

Just bookmark this post and return to it in August.

KentuckyDawg13
05-15-2019, 09:07 AM
Completion percentage is the big difference. KT w 46-48% and TS w 51-72%

Ari Gold
05-15-2019, 09:15 AM
He?s not a difference maker. But maybe he helps us. Bout sums it up.

We dont know that..
Is Stevens going to get us over the hump against Bama . Very doubtful
Could he gets us wins that are toss up games . Absolutely

Even if he is wroth 2 extra wins that could mean form going to 7 wins to 9

Dawgology
05-15-2019, 09:22 AM
I agree with that.

Cam Newton says "hi".

deadheaddawg
05-15-2019, 09:46 AM
Cam Newton says "hi".

Yep.

With all the gnashing of teeth the anti Moorhead crowd does over 2018 and not taking advantage of the defensive talent, you would think they understand how important each year is

msstate7
05-15-2019, 09:54 AM
Cam Newton says "hi".

I'd say this is more of a Danny etling upgrade than cam upgrade. Etling was an upgrade though, and I expect Stevens to be also

drunkernhelldawg
05-15-2019, 02:57 PM

I'd pay money to watch you say that at a bar in Columbus, Ohio. Not sure about the reality, but B 10 fans like to talk about their toughness and how they beat each other up on the field. In their world, the SEC is not real. It's like a movie that other people talk about.

Jarius
05-15-2019, 03:21 PM
I'd pay money to watch you say that at a bar in Columbus, Ohio. Not sure about the reality, but B 10 fans like to talk about their toughness and how they beat each other up on the field. In their world, the SEC is not real. It's like a movie that other people talk about.

They sure punched our ass in the mouth in January.

TrapGame
05-15-2019, 03:59 PM
We dont know that..
Is Stevens going to get us over the hump against Bama . Very doubtful
Could he gets us wins that are toss up games . Absolutely

Even if he is wroth 2 extra wins that could mean form going to 7 wins to 9

Exactly!

Stevens + a WR stepping up + a TE stepping up could = 9 wins for sure.