PDA

View Full Version : EPL fantasy league

DawgHouseUnited
05-13-2019, 12:24 PM
It was fun doing that this year! Thanks to WMD and the others for making it interesting!

WeWonItAll(Most)
05-13-2019, 08:21 PM
I almost caught you. The SPS league has 18 players in it if you want to join that one next season too.

DawgHouseUnited
05-13-2019, 09:40 PM
I almost caught you. The SPS league has 18 players in it if you want to join that one next season too.

I was sweating it out on Sunday waiting for everything to update. Liverpool really helped me out- I kept Sadio Mane all year long.

Im going to talk to a couple of friends and see if they want to join in as well. One is a big ATL united fan but I'm not sure if he follows anything else.

War Machine Dawg
05-16-2019, 02:21 PM
Appreciate it, dude. I'm actually embarrassed at how little attention I paid to my team. We should definitely do this again next year, though.

I'd be down for doing the SPS league, too. Been following ATL United myself. I'm still not convinced DeBoer is the right hire after Tata, but at least he's finally winning.

WeWonItAll(Most)
05-16-2019, 10:01 PM
Appreciate it, dude. I'm actually embarrassed at how little attention I paid to my team. We should definitely do this again next year, though.

I'd be down for doing the SPS league, too. Been following ATL United myself. I'm still not convinced DeBoer is the right hire after Tata, but at least he's finally winning.

He crashed and burned big time at Inter and Crystal Palace. It will take time for the team to adjust to not having Almiron though. He's been really good at Newcastle and has that ability to make others around him look better even when he's not necessarily shining.

War Machine Dawg
05-17-2019, 12:45 PM
He crashed and burned big time at Inter and Crystal Palace. It will take time for the team to adjust to not having Almiron though. He's been really good at Newcastle and has that ability to make others around him look better even when he's not necessarily shining.

Yeah, I was surprised when they announced they'd hired DeBoer. If he wrecks the Ferrari ATL United handed him, he'll be hard pressed to manage again.

I'm still sick Arsenal didn't pony up the cash for Miggy after the initial reports broke that we'd agreed to a deal for him. You're right, he's been great for Newcastle. He really adds an injection of pace and quality they've sorely lacked. It's definitely been an adjustment without him, but Pity Martinez is no slouch. I can't help but feel DeBoer is wasting all of United's fantastic attacking talent. He inherited one of the most prolific scoring squads in MLS history and it seems like we're laboring to just get one goal consistently. Miggy was a big loss, but his departure shouldn't have affected the offense that much. Pity, Josef, Nagbe, Villalba, Barco and Gressel are all still in the squad. That's an embarrassing amount of attacking talent.

Tbonewannabe
05-18-2019, 08:43 AM
Yeah, I was surprised when they announced they'd hired DeBoer. If he wrecks the Ferrari ATL United handed him, he'll be hard pressed to manage again.

I'm still sick Arsenal didn't pony up the cash for Miggy after the initial reports broke that we'd agreed to a deal for him. You're right, he's been great for Newcastle. He really adds an injection of pace and quality they've sorely lacked. It's definitely been an adjustment without him, but Pity Martinez is no slouch. I can't help but feel DeBoer is wasting all of United's fantastic attacking talent. He inherited one of the most prolific scoring squads in MLS history and it seems like we're laboring to just get one goal consistently. Miggy was a big loss, but his departure shouldn't have affected the offense that much. Pity, Josef, Nagbe, Villalba, Barco and Gressel are all still in the squad. That's an embarrassing amount of attacking talent.

We have won 5 in a row now. Hopefully they are starting to hit their stride. I wonder how long until a Premier League team comes calling for Josef. He is amazing.

War Machine Dawg
05-19-2019, 05:09 PM
We have won 5 in a row now. Hopefully they are starting to hit their stride. I wonder how long until a Premier League team comes calling for Josef. He is amazing.

I was shocked no one in Europe came after him in the winter. He's clearly too good for MLS. Someone like Everton could do way worse than him, that's for sure.

Tbonewannabe
05-20-2019, 08:14 AM
I was shocked no one in Europe came after him in the winter. He's clearly too good for MLS. Someone like Everton could do way worse than him, that's for sure.

And Josef is happy in Atlanta. He talked about how he would play here as long as he could. Almirion was talking about trying to get into the MLS before last year so you knew he was probably gone with a good year. Pity is looking good now as well. We probably need someone else to get sent to the Premier League so we can be that pipeline.

Liverpooldawg
05-22-2019, 10:11 AM
A star in MLS is probably more suited for the Championship, possibly League One, in England first. MLS is getting better, but it's still not that good really.

War Machine Dawg
05-22-2019, 12:15 PM
A star in MLS is probably more suited for the Championship, possibly League One, in England first. MLS is getting better, but it's still not that good really.

Turrable take. Almiron literally just made the move and has been probably the biggest bright spot of Newcastle's team. But tell us how young talented stars that European clubs are already tracking aren't good enough for the PL because they chose to go to MLS first. I mean it's not like PSG just tried to buy an MLS player last summer...oh wait, they did. Or maybe that Zach Steffen fella that City bought to compete with Ederson should go play the Championship instead. Pep clearly doesn't know that there's no PL talent in MLS.*****

Tbonewannabe
05-24-2019, 11:12 AM
Turrable take. Almiron literally just made the move and has been probably the biggest bright spot of Newcastle's team. But tell us how young talented stars that European clubs are already tracking aren't good enough for the PL because they chose to go to MLS first. I mean it's not like PSG just tried to buy an MLS player last summer...oh wait, they did. Or maybe that Zach Steffen fella that City bought to compete with Ederson should go play the Championship instead. Pep clearly doesn't know that there's no PL talent in MLS.*****

Rooney is on the backside of his career but was still good enough to play on some team in the Premier League, maybe not Man U but somewhere. He isn't a high school kid playing against middle schoolers. Guys in the MLS might not be good enough to be All Star level talent in the Premier League but some are good enough to play.

I would equate it to A or AA compared to MLB. Still good soccer with occasional guys good enough to play MLB right now.