PDA

View Full Version : Stevens expected to sign this week with offer in hand

Coach007
05-13-2019, 11:37 AM
Here's to changing the mindset that we can go beyond where Mullen took us. Passing QBs can come here. WRs can come here and do well.

Here's to the QB competition and the betterment of that position

msstate7
05-13-2019, 11:39 AM
Good deal. Hopefully he does well here

Choctaw Dawg
05-13-2019, 11:43 AM
Fall ball come August is about to get interesting sounds like

Jack Lambert
05-13-2019, 11:44 AM
I have put some thoughts into it. If KT is the guy he will keep his job. If this guy is better then KT will probably transfer and Stevens will be the bridge to the kid from NC.

Coach007
05-13-2019, 11:48 AM
I will support who the qb is. As a fan, I feel I owe that to the people who give their best day after day for Ms St.

I would hope the KT sticks and takes the reins if Stevens wins it out and that KT is massively involved in the offense THIS season

HoopsDawg
05-13-2019, 02:43 PM
We basically are about to get Penn State's starting QB. I wish we had just one more WR and one more DT.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
05-13-2019, 03:03 PM
I have put some thoughts into it. If KT is the guy he will keep his job. If this guy is better then KT will probably transfer and Stevens will be the bridge to the kid from NC.

https://media.giphy.com/media/EyX6HndK3iXeg/giphy.gif

ShotgunDawg
05-13-2019, 03:05 PM
He actually runs an awful lot like Fitz, looks like he throws a softer pass, & at least knows the offense.

Wouldn't be shocked at all to our offense take a step forward under this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCHA-f58m4s

Jack Lambert
05-13-2019, 03:08 PM
I wonder why Auburn wasn't on this guy?

Jack Lambert
05-13-2019, 03:09 PM

He runs like Relf.

ShotgunDawg
05-13-2019, 03:10 PM

Good question that I don't have an answer to.

Maybe they just didn't have an in with him & weren't sure he'd start for them

msstate7
05-13-2019, 03:11 PM

Auburn has a future star in bo nix... maybe even this year

ShotgunDawg
05-13-2019, 03:12 PM
He runs like Relf.

Good call

ShotgunDawg
05-13-2019, 03:13 PM
Who knows what will happen, but I believe the tool-set looks bigger than Joe Burrow at LSU. Instincts, accuracy, etc are up for debate

Scared_Hitless
05-13-2019, 03:19 PM
Hope KT sticks it out and becomes a player next season if Tommy wins the job. But has a feeling of someone being the odd man out. With Mayden showing promise in the spring.

Coach007
05-13-2019, 03:19 PM
I prefer looking at his high school highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ09LGvmFkA

deadheaddawg
05-13-2019, 03:22 PM
Good news....I will feel better when it's officially offical though

Coach007
05-13-2019, 03:24 PM
BTW.... Did you know this kid also played on defense?

Coach007
05-13-2019, 03:24 PM
Good news....I will feel better when it's officially offical though

Well, UK took the Troy QB..

ScoobaDawg
05-13-2019, 03:37 PM
runs about the same speed as Fitz in the 40. It's just hard to know what to expect since that highlight video is about every play he's played... and lot's against lesser opponents.

I'm cautiously excited about him coming in though... Joe needs HIS guy that his the skills he needs. As mentioned. fall practice will be interesting if this happens.

Coach007
05-13-2019, 03:45 PM
runs about the same speed as Fitz in the 40. It's just hard to know what to expect since that highlight video is about every play he's played... and lot's against lesser opponents.

I'm cautiously excited about him coming in though... Joe needs HIS guy that his the skills he needs. As mentioned. fall practice will be interesting if this happens.

100% agreed. My hope is in what Franklin stated about him. "He is very accurate downfield."

msudawglb
05-13-2019, 03:59 PM
I noticed on several of his roll outs, he would watch the TE and if the Lb covering the TE would leave him to try to get the QB. He would hit that TE every time the Lb left him. I liked that alot.

Doggie_Style
05-13-2019, 04:04 PM
He actually runs an awful lot like Fitz, looks like he throws a softer pass, & at least knows the offense.

Wouldn't be shocked at all to our offense take a step forward under this guy

I agree....I hope he comes here

Prediction? Pain.
05-13-2019, 04:35 PM

I'm hopeful, too. To me, the biggest thing here is that the dude has been in Moorehead's system -- both for two years under Moorehead and one year under last year's OC at Penn. St. who, to my knowledge, continued running the same scheme -- for 3.5 years. That's two full years more than any QB on our roster. That's got to be a plus regardless of how his talent compares with our current QBs.

I'm not sure I'd label this -- assuming it happens -- as Mooreahd getting "his" guy for his system, though. Stevens signed with Penn. St. in 2014 and enrolled in January 2015, nearly a full year before Moorehead became the OC there. Moorehead definitely gets a dude who shouldn't have any problems understanding the system. But dude was recruited to run John Donovan's system, which Franklin ran at Vandy and during his first two seasons at Penn. St., not Moorhead's.

But again, that's not intended to poo on the parade or to understate how important this could be. I'm stoked -- assuming it happens, counting unhatched chickens, etc. -- about having someone that's well versed in Moorhead's concepts. Hopefully he gels with the team (especially the receivers) and pushes us to get more production through the air, regardless of who's taking the snaps.

bulldawg28
05-13-2019, 06:21 PM
I noticed on several of his roll outs, he would watch the TE and if the Lb covering the TE would leave him to try to get the QB. He would hit that TE every time the Lb left him. I liked that alot.

We need to utilize our TE's more. They are underutilized and are legitimate threats. We should take a page from Bama in that regards. I've always noticed a trend that the team that uses the TE regularly is normally a very efficient and successful offense.

ShotgunDawg
05-13-2019, 06:41 PM
We need to utilize our TE's more. They are underutilized and are legitimate threats. We should take a page from Bama in that regards. I've always noticed a trend that the team that uses the TE regularly is normally a very efficient and successful offense.

We've got to have good TE though.

Fortunately, I think this year will be the best TEs we've had in years

Percho
05-13-2019, 06:47 PM
I will support who the qb is. As a fan, I feel I owe that to the people who give their best day after day for Ms St.

I would hope the KT sticks and takes the reins if Stevens wins it out and that KT is massively involved in the offense THIS season

I agree with this post without having read further.

tcdog70
05-13-2019, 09:29 PM
I think the video showed us a good glimpse of TS. But what I really saw was how effective a JOMO offense can be. Now the difference is it was run against non-SEC defenses. So we have to see if it can be a good offense in the SEC. This season should tell us what we need to know. We would really get a good idea if we just had one really good wr.

BuckyIsAB****
05-13-2019, 10:00 PM
I have heard KT has handled it extremely well and wants to compete. For a year at least anyway.

BuckyIsAB****
05-13-2019, 10:01 PM
Auburn has a future star in bo nix... maybe even this year

Bo Nix is a worse runner than Stidham was

bulldawg28
05-14-2019, 04:52 AM
Bo Nix is a worse runner than Stidham was

Not true, however he's a more fiery Stidham clone.

yjnkdawg
05-14-2019, 08:42 AM
We've got to have good TE though.

Fortunately, I think this year will be the best TEs we've had in years

Brad Cumbest says Yeah!

Dawgology
05-14-2019, 08:43 AM
I think the video showed us a good glimpse of TS. But what I really saw was how effective a JOMO offense can be. Now the difference is it was run against non-SEC defenses. So we have to see if it can be a good offense in the SEC. This season should tell us what we need to know. We would really get a good idea if we just had one really good wr.

If we can have just ONE WR step up we will get a good idea of if the JoMo offense is going to work in the SEC. If he gets 7-9 wins this year I'm all for giving him one more season but it needs to all snap together in 2020.

msstate7
05-14-2019, 08:44 AM
If we can have just ONE WR step up we will get a good idea of if the JoMo offense is going to work in the SEC. If he gets 7-9 wins this year I'm all for giving him one more season but it needs to all snap together in 2020.

Unless he goes 2-10 with a 35-point loss to om, he'll be back in 2020

Dawg-gone-dawgs
05-14-2019, 08:56 AM
I agree....I hope he comes here

I love the play at 5:22

Scared_Hitless
05-14-2019, 09:01 AM

Hate to tell you but Joe is nowhere near the hotseat. Even if we win 6 as long as the bowl streak stays intact he is safe for the foreseeable future. He needs 3 recruiting cycles and then you will have a firm grasp on his player development and coaching within his system.

Doggie_Style
05-14-2019, 09:27 AM
I love the play at 5:22

That was some sweet touch.....he's got the tools

THE Bruce Dickinson
05-14-2019, 09:32 AM

So if the guy has 2 7+ win seasons in a row you are in favor of giving him one more year to break the 10 win mark or something ? This is insane. People need to get over the butt hurt of the 2018 season.

deadheaddawg
05-14-2019, 09:43 AM
So if the guy has 2 7+ win seasons in a row you are in favor of giving him one more year to break the 10 win mark or something ? This is insane. People need to get over the butt hurt of the 2018 season.

yep

Doggie_Style
05-14-2019, 09:47 AM

There is a big difference between voicing concern about certain things Joe has or hasn't done and calling for him to be fired....there are very few people that want him gone today and most of us realize that would be insane.

mstatefan91
05-14-2019, 09:52 AM
We've all slightly lost our minds because we should have been 11-2/10-3 (with bowl game) after this last season.. :)

THE Bruce Dickinson
05-14-2019, 10:13 AM
We've all slightly lost our minds because we should have been 11-2/10-3 (with bowl game) after this last season.. :)

Had Mullen recruited some receivers that can catch the ball when it hits them directly in the hands, we probably would have won 10.

Dawgology
05-14-2019, 10:34 AM
I never said anything about firing him. You guys are really sensitive over here.

I said we need to see his offense snapping together by 2020. But if he rolls out there this season and returns a 5 or 6 win season (including bowl) and then in 2020 his offense still isn't clicking you guys are saying it's all good?

Only at MSU...

Dawgology
05-14-2019, 10:36 AM

What? 10 win mark?

THE Bruce Dickinson
05-14-2019, 10:40 AM
What? 10 win mark?

What was said is that it needs to "snap together" in 2020 even after 7-9 wins this year. So a 10 win season is the logical next step of whatever it means to snap together

mstatefan91
05-14-2019, 10:49 AM
I never said anything about firing him. You guys are really sensitive over here.

I said we need to see his offense snapping together by 2020. But if he rolls out there this season and returns a 5 or 6 win season (including bowl) and then in 2020 his offense still isn't clicking you guys are saying it's all good?

Only at MSU...
Nobody has said that. Only on ED could somebody just make up other people's positions for them. Most, if not all, will be concerned if we win only 5 or 6 this year and if it looks like more of the same for 2020.. I haven't seen anybody state otherwise.

mstatefan91
05-14-2019, 10:50 AM
What was said is that it needs to "snap together" in 2020 even after 7-9 wins this year. So a 10 win season is the logical next step of whatever it means to snap together

8-10****

Dawgology
05-14-2019, 10:50 AM

I mentioned 7-9 wins in 2019 because with the schedule and our returning talent (plus the new QB) I think that is a baseline expectation even with a mediocre to sub-par offense. "snap together" = work efficiently or successful or "clicking" (whatever sports jargon you would like to utilize in it's place). I thought we were talking about offense. If the offense still looks like a steaming pile of dog shit in 2020 we may have a big problem. As a fan base I would HOPE we all want to see improvement in the offense by 2020. I think that is being very generous as an athletic program as well.

I said nothing about wanting a 10+ win season in 2020. Don't get me wrong I would love it...I think any MSU fan would.

yjnkdawg
05-14-2019, 02:16 PM
I thought this thread was on "Stevens expected to sign this week with offer in hand." Then about halfway through the thread it turns into more JoeMo survival or not surviving posts. Imagine that.

TrapGame
05-14-2019, 03:05 PM
I thought this thread was on "Stevens expected to sign this week with offer in hand." Then about halfway through the thread it turns into more JoeMo survival or not surviving posts. Imagine that.

And a Mullen non-recruiting shout out too.

I love these threads. They're so bipolar.

Dawgology
05-14-2019, 03:29 PM

I really wish Stevens would have landed in the transfer portal earlier. Would have been cool to get him in for spring ball but at least he will have summer and the fall practice to sync up with our WR's.

Ari Gold
05-14-2019, 03:35 PM
I really wish Stevens would have landed in the transfer portal earlier. Would have been cool to get him in for spring ball but at least he will have summer and the fall practice to sync up with our WR's.

I’m sure he had to finish up school this semester.
He will have plenty of time to get ready..

Dawgology
05-14-2019, 03:48 PM
I?m sure he had to finish up school this semester.

I'm not even sure what the rules are about when a player can enter the transfer portal. I'm assuming at any point outside of football season?

RougeDawg
05-14-2019, 04:29 PM
I have heard KT has handled it extremely well and wants to compete. For a year at least anyway.

You Need new sources.

trojandawg
05-14-2019, 04:49 PM
I think he has a little better side to side step than Fitz which is good. I also think he has a quicker step which will help also to roll out of the pocket and keep looking down field which I like. Fitz was pretty straight forward. He would outrun you with his long stride. This guy seems to be pretty quick and has a pretty good arm and vision.

RiverCityDawg
05-14-2019, 05:55 PM
I’m sure he had to finish up school this semester.

He actually graduated in December. After saying he might transfer in late 2018, he decided he would stay at Penn State because the coaches gave him the impression that the job was going to be his. Now they've changed course and said the "competition" will continue because he was injured during the spring. Hence his dad's comments about the relationship with the coaches deteriorating and a fresh start needed. Had the PSU coaches been straight with him he might not be leaving...or maybe he could have gotten out in December and gone through spring with us. You never know how it would have worked out.

Coach007
05-14-2019, 06:45 PM
You Need new sources.

Mine are the saying the same. He trusts his time will come and that he will be better for it

HoopsDawg
05-14-2019, 06:46 PM
delete.

BuckyIsAB****
05-14-2019, 07:32 PM
Not true, however he's a more fiery Stidham clone.

To be fair I didnt watch him much, just at the MS/AL game and he didnt run. He is an elite passer though no doubt

BuckyIsAB****
05-14-2019, 07:34 PM
You Need new sources.

Gotta love the guys with sources putting down other sources on a message board. You guys make the world go round

deadheaddawg
05-14-2019, 08:21 PM
You Need new sources.

lol. A source pissing contest on a football message board.

My sources have confirmed his sources are better than your sources. So you might want to start outsourcing your message board sources

BuckyIsAB****
05-14-2019, 09:36 PM

My sources have confirmed his sources are better than your sources. So you might want to start outsourcing your message board sources

Got em

Coach007
05-15-2019, 12:29 AM

no now. I checked my source who checks other sources. He, I mean the source informed me that the source you used to confirm whose source was better was paid by Russians/Ole miss to spread disinformation among our fans to create an appearance of disunion to drive out the qbs from our team in hopes that they will be able to compete this season. AND THE SOURCE HE USED.... is much better than his source...

Jarius
05-15-2019, 01:43 AM
I find it very unlikely that KT will still be here once Stevens wins the job. If he does stay, it will be better for MSU so I hope I'm wrong.

Dawgology
05-15-2019, 06:14 AM
If Stevens signs with State he is the new starter. At this juncture it doesn’t make sense for KT to leave. He’s not going to transfer and start anywhere worth a crap by August. His best move is to stick it out, use his RS season to learn and improve, and then if JoMo doesn’t name him the starter for 2020 in the Spring then transfer out. If he leaves now he will just have to sit out a year anyway.

msstate7
05-15-2019, 06:27 AM
If Stevens signs with State he is the new starter. At this juncture it doesn’t make sense for KT to leave. He’s not going to transfer and start anywhere worth a crap by August. His best move is to stick it out, use his RS season to learn and improve, and then if JoMo doesn’t name him the starter for 2020 in the Spring then transfer out. If he leaves now he will just have to sit out a year anyway.

He could leave now and learn the new system a year.

Ari Gold
05-15-2019, 08:36 AM
Expect good news tomorrow or Friday with Stevens...

TrapGame
05-15-2019, 08:46 AM
Expect good news tomorrow or Friday with Stevens...

Thanks Ari.

I hope this is for the best and really improves Joe's offense. This could be HUGE for next season.

Duckdog
05-15-2019, 08:54 AM
Dak 2.0!!!

Tbonewannabe
05-15-2019, 09:03 AM

Only at MSU...

I think most people expect his offense to look better this year and if not then flags go up. Fitz not having live reps until August then being suspended for the first game didn't help matters. I think Joe underestimated how badly Fitz just didn't fit his offense. It gives me hope that his offense did what it was billed as against 9 out of 13 teams. Mullen's offenses occasionally looked like shit also against great defenses. In 2017, we had almost the same results in the UGA and AU game as we did those 4 games this year and that was with Mullen's offense and players.

Moorhead's offense looked good against several good defenses also, KSU, A&M, and La Tech, I didn't include AU since it was just a different game plan. Now if we have the exact same issues this year whenever we play a good defense then I think almost everybody will get worried. We can win 7 or 8 games and I would still be worried if our offense barely crosses the 50 on LSU and Bama.

Ari Gold
05-15-2019, 09:12 AM
Thanks Ari.

I hope this is for the best and really improves Joe's offense. This could be HUGE for next season.

If this kid can make our offense everyone should be behind this no matter who the starting QB ends up being.

Dawgology
05-15-2019, 09:13 AM
I think most people expect his offense to look better this year and if not then flags go up. Fitz not having live reps until August then being suspended for the first game didn't help matters. I think Joe underestimated how badly Fitz just didn't fit his offense. It gives me hope that his offense did what it was billed as against 9 out of 13 teams. Mullen's offenses occasionally looked like shit also against great defenses. In 2017, we had almost the same results in the UGA and AU game as we did those 4 games this year and that was with Mullen's offense and players.

Moorhead's offense looked good against several good defenses also, KSU, A&M, and La Tech, I didn't include AU since it was just a different game plan. Now if we have the exact same issues this year whenever we play a good defense then I think almost everybody will get worried. We can win 7 or 8 games and I would still be worried if our offense barely crosses the 50 on LSU and Bama.

And I don't even have to see our offense blow the doors off or anything this year because he is STILL playing with Mullen's offensive players and a below average WR corp. That's why I said he needs to still win 7+ with this schedule but I'm not (honestly) expecting 9-10 wins this season. He just needs to show that he can coach the offense effectively. But we NEED to start seeing some returns on this investement offensively in 2020.

Dawgology
05-15-2019, 09:15 AM
If this kid can make our offense everyone should be behind this no matter who the starting QB ends up being.

Agreed. Losing Fitz and picking up Stevens should at least keep us on par with last year and everyone else an extra year in the system and an (on paper) "easier" schedule. 7 wins should be the floor this season with 9 as the ceiling (not including bowl games).

Tbonewannabe
05-15-2019, 09:17 AM
And I don't even have to see our offense blow the doors off or anything this year because he is STILL playing with Mullen's offensive players and a below average WR corp. That's why I said he needs to still win 7+ with this schedule but I'm not (honestly) expecting 9-10 wins this season. He just needs to show that he can coach the offense effectively. But we NEED to start seeing some returns on this investement offensively in 2020.

I agree, he should be able to recruit players to run his system by year 3 (2 full years of recruiting). We need to show WRs that they can actually do more than block at MSU. Putting up 600 yards is great but we need to see an offense that gives us the ability to compete in all of the games.

trojandawg
05-15-2019, 12:16 PM
i fully expect KT to leave at that point. If he isn't starting this year, he won't start next year. everyone will be calling for Shrader or Mayden behind him since he wasn't good enough to get the start over Stevens (if that happens). I would expect him to go to another school where he could start in 2020 after sitting out a year or he might go down and play immediately and then go back up.

trojandawg
05-15-2019, 12:21 PM
i just want him to win and put out a productive offense that doesn't look like a discombobulated mess. I don't care what offense he runs as look as it's productive and looks like a well oiled machine.

99jc
05-15-2019, 12:22 PM
if this kid can pass I expect 8+ wins because he can damn sure run.

AROB44
05-15-2019, 12:23 PM
I've been hearing that he will sign soon, this week.....why hasn't he done so?

basedog
05-15-2019, 01:09 PM

Trying to collect more vCash***

RougeDawg
05-15-2019, 01:17 PM
i fully expect KT to leave at that point. If he isn't starting this year, he won't start next year. everyone will be calling for Shrader or Mayden behind him since he wasn't good enough to get the start over Stevens (if that happens). I would expect him to go to another school where he could start in 2020 after sitting out a year or he might go down and play immediately and then go back up.

KT isn?t starting this year.

Gutter Cobreh
05-15-2019, 01:31 PM
Trying to collect more vCash***

How much more do we need to sweeten the pot and get this wrapped up?? I have some spare vcash laying around that I haven't been able to wager lately.

basedog
05-15-2019, 01:41 PM
How much more do we need to sweeten the pot and get this wrapped up?? I have some spare vcash laying around that I haven't been able to wager lately.

Holy Batman Gutter u ain’t lying bout yo vCash! I know a couple of use to be bag men who read and post on ED, send some my way and I will pass on to the use to be cheaters**

mstatefan91
05-15-2019, 01:47 PM
I get loyalty to a player but if brining Stevens in improves the offense then get it done.

AROB44
05-15-2019, 02:16 PM
Holy Batman Gutter u ain?t lying bout yo vCash! I know a couple of use to be bag men who read and post on ED, send some my way and I will pass on to the use to be cheaters**

I resent the implication basedog.....never was a bag man. Just sent $$$ on up the line...

Jack Lambert
05-15-2019, 02:26 PM
I get loyalty to a player but if brining Stevens in improves the offense then get it done.

I totally agree. Moorhead was hired to win football games. Plain and simple.

basedog
05-15-2019, 04:12 PM
I resent the implication basedog.....never was a bag man. Just sent $$$ on up the line...

Back in those days only handshakes were good enough***

LOL

StateDawg44
05-15-2019, 04:17 PM

I meaaan... it's the middle of the week.

RiverCityDawg
05-15-2019, 04:38 PM

He could transfer down to FCS and play immediately, but he couldn't then transfer back up to FBS and be eligible immediately. He doesn't need to do anything like that anyway, he has a redshirt year available.

If he likes being at Mississippi State he would be better off redshirting this year and try to graduate by next May so that if he doesn't win the job here in the spring he can be a grad transfer and have 2 years to play 2 wherever he wants.

yjnkdawg
05-15-2019, 06:21 PM
If Stevens signs with State he is the new starter. At this juncture it doesn?t make sense for KT to leave. He?s not going to transfer and start anywhere worth a crap by August. His best move is to stick it out, use his RS season to learn and improve, and then if JoMo doesn?t name him the starter for 2020 in the Spring then transfer out. If he leaves now he will just have to sit out a year anyway.

I think if he signs with us, then he is positive that he can win the starting position or he is almost positive. We aren't OM and tell a quarterback before he ever gets on campus that he will be the starter. Now that would cause a morale issue. As for as I know this hasn't happened in this situation, and I hope we never use that method at MSU. That kinda eliminates the whose best in practice thinking. Now if all quarterbacks get a fair shake and one stands out and he is the starter then that's a different story.

trojandawg
05-15-2019, 06:22 PM
That makes the most sense if loses the starting job.

yjnkdawg
05-15-2019, 06:27 PM
He could transfer down to FCS and play immediately, but he couldn't then transfer back up to FBS and be eligible immediately. He doesn't need to do anything like that anyway, he has a redshirt year available.

If he likes being at Mississippi State he would be better off redshirting this year and try to graduate by next May so that if he doesn't win the job here in the spring he can be a grad transfer and have 2 years to play 2 wherever he wants.

When the grad transfer possibility first came up, I didn't see any way that KT would even consider red shirting this upcoming season, but depending on how everything plays out, I believe that could possibly be an option he may would consider.

yjnkdawg
05-15-2019, 06:59 PM
Back in those days only handshakes were good enough***

LOL

Yeeh the real green worked back then. Didn't have to put the money in a certain account, or worrying about something showing up on social media. Tell the recruit to just don't say anything about any money if the paper asked you about it. OM did a lot of hand shaking back then. LOL

Dawg-gone-dawgs
05-15-2019, 09:51 PM
Could he sign with no offer?

Tbonewannabe
05-16-2019, 08:29 AM
When the grad transfer possibility first came up, I didn't see any way that KT would even consider red shirting this upcoming season, but depending on how everything plays out, I believe that could possibly be an option he may would consider.

Just want to say it again, Dak Prescott would have been a starter his Redshirt Junior year if Tyler Russell didn't get hurt his senior year. KT would be on the same track as the best QB to ever play at MSU.

basedog
05-16-2019, 08:32 AM
Yeeh the real green worked back then. Didn't have to put the money in a certain account, or worrying about something showing up on social media. Tell the recruit to just don't say anything about any money if the paper asked you about it. OM did a lot of hand shaking back then. LOL

Bob Tyler approves this message**

100 dollar handshakes were everywhere after games.

RiverCityDawg
05-16-2019, 09:33 AM
Just want to say it again, Dak Prescott would have been a starter his Redshirt Junior year if Tyler Russell didn't get hurt his senior year. KT would be on the same track as the best QB to ever play at MSU.

We've got to quit comparing people to Dak. He was a special player and his development curve was extremely unique. He progressed considerably every year from his true freshman year to his first year with the Cowboys. It's just not normal what he did, so we should throw it out the window when looking at others. He's a complete outlier.

StarkVegasSteve
05-16-2019, 11:26 AM
We've got to quit comparing people to Dak. He was a special player and his development curve was extremely unique. He progressed considerably every year from his true freshman year to his first year with the Cowboys. It's just not normal what he did, so we should throw it out the window when looking at others. He's a complete outlier.

His progression from sophomore to junior year was a huge jump, but that jump from junior to senior year was something I've never seen. He went from a good dual threat college QB to an NFL QB in a matter of months. You just don't see that from people.

Tbonewannabe
05-16-2019, 11:37 AM

All I am saying is people that think KT should transfer if he isn't the starter as a true junior year, Dak wasn't supposed to start until his redshirt junior year. If KT takes a redshirt year then he is on track with where most SEC QBs are. Not many QBs start before their junior year anyway so if he takes a redshirt year then he is actually right on track.

the_real_MSU_is_us
05-16-2019, 01:09 PM
All I am saying is people that think KT should transfer if he isn't the starter as a true junior year, Dak wasn't supposed to start until his redshirt junior year. If KT takes a redshirt year then he is on track with where most SEC QBs are. Not many QBs start before their junior year anyway so if he takes a redshirt year then he is actually right on track.

It's not really that way anymore. Look around the SEC recently: Tua started as a Fr after Hurts started as a Fr, Stidham started at baylor as a Fr and then transferred after that mess, Mond played a lot as a Fr and started last year as a true So, Fromm, Bentley, Guarantano, Franks, OM's new ahole, both of Auburns' QB's this year, Arkansas and Missouri's QB situations.... almost NOBODY is entering their 4th year at the same school when they become the starter. If you haven't taken the reigns by then, you've either A) been sitting behind a multi year starting stud, or B) aren't that good and will likely get passed up by a younger, more talented player.

Taking a RS year is normal, waiting 2 more after that as younger QB's threaten to jump you is not. If a QB doesn't start in his first 3 years he's extremely unlikely to start in his 4th

msstate7
05-16-2019, 01:12 PM
Could he sign with no offer?

So does he have an offer?

yjnkdawg
05-16-2019, 01:59 PM

If he is referring to Stevens, your answer is a Yes. I'm not sure what the intent of his question was. How could somebody sign a letter of intent for a football scholarship if they weren't offered one by the school. Weird!

gravedigger
05-16-2019, 02:23 PM

He has an offer. I dont have that first hand, but it wasnt 'through the grapevine' either.

Johnson85
05-16-2019, 02:52 PM
I agree, he should be able to recruit players to run his system by year 3 (2 full years of recruiting). We need to show WRs that they can actually do more than block at MSU. Putting up 600 yards is great but we need to see an offense that gives us the ability to compete in all of the games.

Unless we hit on a JUCO transfer or a ready to play freshman at WR, I think we're still going to be lacking in personnel in 2020 at the WR spot.

Tbonewannabe
05-16-2019, 03:01 PM
Unless we hit on a JUCO transfer or a ready to play freshman at WR, I think we're still going to be lacking in personnel in 2020 at the WR spot.

Most WRs should be able to run a route and catch a pass as sophomores. I am not expecting freshmen like Julio Jones or anything but just someone that catches a pass that hits them in the chest would be nice. I would think we can either develop the guys on campus or he would have 3 recruiting classes of guys so technically his first signees would be juniors.

Johnson85
05-16-2019, 03:22 PM
Most WRs should be able to run a route and catch a pass as sophomores. I am not expecting freshmen like Julio Jones or anything but just someone that catches a pass that hits them in the chest would be nice. I would think we can either develop the guys on campus or he would have 3 recruiting classes of guys so technically his first signees would be juniors.

We should have receivers able to catch passes that hit them in the hands in 2020, I just meant I don't think we're going to have a WR that is a legitimate threat to catch 50/50 balls down field. Obviously we usually don't have that, so it's not necessary for successful seasons, but as far as competing in all of the games, I don't think Joe's going to have guys in place to do that even in 2020.

Jarius
05-16-2019, 03:31 PM
We should have receivers able to catch passes that hit them in the hands in 2020, I just meant I don't think we're going to have a WR that is a legitimate threat to catch 50/50 balls down field. Obviously we usually don't have that, so it's not necessary for successful seasons, but as far as competing in all of the games, I don't think Joe's going to have guys in place to do that even in 2020.

Depends on Malik Heath I would assume.

DancingRabbit
05-16-2019, 03:39 PM
If he is referring to Stevens, your answer is a Yes. I'm not sure what the intent of his question was. How could somebody sign a letter of intent for a football scholarship if they weren't offered one by the school. Weird!

I think the OP intended it to read this way. "With offer in hand, Stevens expected to sign this week."

Tbonewannabe
05-16-2019, 05:39 PM

We have realistically competed with Bama 1 time in the last decade so if you are referring to that then probably not by 2020. If we have a QB that can find the open man and complete the pass then we have a shot in pretty much every game. A lot of last year's problems was either Fitz not finding the wide open man or the pass just not being completed.

Dawgfan77
05-16-2019, 06:25 PM
Here is the deal. Their are to many people in the transfer portal and not enough scholarships in FBS. Your about to see some of these kids transfer to FCS. Saying all this KT may not have a spot in FBS , so he should stay with the idea he is going to RS unless He is needed. Next year he is either competing for the job here or somewhere else.