PDA

View Full Version : To me, it's pretty obvious who is the

basedog
05-12-2019, 06:26 PM
Coach of the year in the Sec. Lemonis has been outstanding, yes he inherited a good club that now is one of the best in the country. Not many first year Coaches at any sport have done what he has done.

He also should be considered for National COY.

preachermatt83
05-12-2019, 06:50 PM
Ppl forget we were not a great team last year. We just got hot at the right time. We were only 15-15 in conference play and only one loss, maybe two away from not even being in the post season. We had a 31-24 regular season record. The job Lemo and staff has done has been incredible

R2Dawg
05-12-2019, 08:34 PM
Agree. He has to be SEC COY and finalist for NCOY.

Course look what Henderson inherited last year that he lead to final 4.

Really Clark?
05-12-2019, 08:38 PM
Ppl forget we were not a great team last year. We just got hot at the right time. We were only 15-15 in conference play and only one loss, maybe two away from not even being in the post season. We had a 31-24 regular season record. The job Lemo and staff has done has been incredible

While true, we did have a little distraction to start the year and put us in a hole. We finished like 20-10 in our last 30 games

yjnkdawg
05-12-2019, 09:32 PM

First off this is not a "I wanted to keep Henderson as coach response." ( I trusted in Cohen on who he thought was the best fit). I know you don't probably agree with this. However, with all that said, what our players and coaches went through during and after the Cann fiasco, and what they accomplished uniting together, was an amazing accomplishment. I think Henderson had too much on his plate, when he kept the pitching coach duties, and I think he realized it into the season. But like I said I trusted Cohen's expertise in the situation and I'm glad we hired Lemonis.

preachermatt83
05-12-2019, 10:13 PM
First off this is not a "I wanted to keep Henderson as coach response." ( I trusted in Cohen on who he thought was the best fit). I know you don't probably agree with this. However, with all that said, what our players and coaches went through during and after the Cann fiasco, and what they accomplished uniting together, was an amazing accomplishment. I think Henderson had too much on his plate, when he kept the pitching coach duties, and I think he realized it into the season. But like I said I trusted Cohen's expertise in the situation and I'm glad we hired Lemonis.

Oh I certainly agree, what we accomplished was amazing, however I just dont think the team was great. This year however, Lemo has taken decent and turned it into great.

Todd4State
05-13-2019, 02:44 AM
I agree about Lemonis being SEC and National Coach of the Year. Certainly at this point. The postseason will also have a bearing on that as well.

Todd4State
05-13-2019, 02:46 AM

We were essentially down a coach last year.

Cohen to his credit made the right the decision for the program in the long term though. And credit Henderson for what he did last year and how he has handled everything.

Todd4State
05-13-2019, 02:48 AM
Oh I certainly agree, what we accomplished was amazing, however I just dont think the team was great. This year however, Lemo has taken decent and turned it into great.

We have a lot of talent and had a lot last year too. The differences between this year and last year is we have a better pitching coach, a better catching coach, and a much, much more stable situation with more home games. If we had Foxhall and Cheesebrough last year we probably win the National Championship.

Lord McBuckethead
05-13-2019, 08:17 AM
Cheesebrough has turned Skelton into a force behind the plate. From what I can tell, he has streamlined his throws to second and when he is not lazy, he fields balls in the dirt really well.