PDA

View Full Version : My 2 cents from Oxford...

Rick Cleveland
05-12-2019, 05:41 PM
https://mississippitoday.org/2019/05/12/bulldogs-continue-domination-of-ole-miss/

CadaverDawg
05-12-2019, 05:45 PM
Heck of an article, Gov. Great read

Jack Lambert
05-12-2019, 06:16 PM
?It?s frustrating for sure. We just haven?t played well against them.?........Grae Kessinger

Lets be honest. They have lost six mid week games this season. They lost two of three to UK. They did not have to play GA or Vandy. Replace KY with one of them they get swept. So far the toughest team from the East they have played was Missouri. I suspect they will lose two next week. They haven't played well against a lot of teams. They probably should not have been ranked as high as they are. They are not a top 20 team. They have not been all year.

MarketingBully
05-12-2019, 06:27 PM
https://mississippitoday.org/2019/05/12/bulldogs-continue-domination-of-ole-miss/

Great article Rick! Question and you might be a good one to ask. How does this team compare with our 89 team? I’m thinking if we do win the NC with this team they will also have our total wins record as well that the 89 team set of 54.

Bigedawg
05-12-2019, 06:29 PM
The explanation is really easy. One program is a national power that only has one thing missing from it’s illustrious history, and the other is an annual pretender that has one CWS appearance in my 42 year lifespan. One is built on “#1 recruiting classes” and inflated preseason rankings. The other is built on a winning tradition and the ability to rise above “paper” rankings and stupid beer showers. Paper tiger sharks can’t run with real dawgs. It really is simple. The bulldogs are the rebels daddy. Regardless of who the coach is, we know that winning that game is our birthright. Nice article Rick, but the explanation is that simple. There is no need to ask Kessinger. He knows it. His daddy knows it. His family knows it. They have lived it. State baseball is their daddy.

BeardoMSU
05-12-2019, 06:31 PM
?It?s frustrating for sure. We just haven?t played well against them.?........Grae Kessinger

Lets be honest. They have lost six mid week games this season. They lost two of three to UK. They did not have to play GA or Vandy. Replace KY with one of them they get swept. So far the toughest team from the East they have played was Missouri. I suspect they will lose two next week. They haven't played well against a lot of teams. They probably should not have been ranked as high as they are. They are not a top 20 team. They have not been all year.

Good points, Jack. Their hype has always been tied to their class of "#1 Juniors".

DancingRabbit
05-12-2019, 06:31 PM
Thanks Gov, good write-up. All it needs is a pic of the Mayor of Oxford.

CadaverDawg
05-12-2019, 07:04 PM

They won series at Arkansas and at LSU....not too shabby

West Tn Dawg
05-12-2019, 07:10 PM
Good points, Jack. Their hype has always been tied to their class of "#1 Juniors".

That #1 class is 1-11 against the Dawgs! Suck it Rebels!

Goldendawg
05-12-2019, 07:18 PM
"Flagship" that we constantly run aground and totally destroy in most all sports since the "antebellum" years, as it's ancient name and symbolism wander in the past. Hail State!

Rick Cleveland
05-12-2019, 07:41 PM
State could win it all. Best team i’ve Seen since Will, Raphael, Brantley Thigpen, etc. still can’t believe they did not win it all.

FriarsPoint
05-12-2019, 07:44 PM
State could win it all. Best team i’ve Seen since Will, Raphael, Brantley Thigpen, etc. still can’t believe they did not win it all.

You along with thousands of others.

R2Dawg
05-12-2019, 08:31 PM
State could win it all. Best team i?ve Seen since Will, Raphael, Brantley Thigpen, etc. still can?t believe they did not win it all.

Agree. This team has all, I mean all the pieces to win NC. It is hard to believe that the Thunder and Lightnin team didn't win it.

Jack Lambert
05-12-2019, 09:03 PM
They won series at Arkansas and at LSU....not too shabby

Arkansas was early and LSU was depleted from injuries.

Lumpy Chucklelips
05-12-2019, 09:07 PM
Thanks Gov, good write-up. All it needs is a pic of the Mayor of Oxford.

Which mayor of Oxford are you talking about? The one who wears maroon and white or the one who’s child walked away from the most beautiful campus in the universe and attends MSU instead?

DancingRabbit
05-13-2019, 01:25 PM
Which mayor of Oxford are you talking about? The one who wears maroon and white or the one who?s child walked away from the most beautiful campus in the universe and attends MSU instead?

The one now known as King of the North

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D6Vtg85X4AAvkkH.jpg

Brahmabull
05-13-2019, 02:05 PM
Good article. I would have gone with a different picture, but I get it. Need a reason for the Rebs to at least think about reading.