PDA

View Full Version : Colby White is a different pitcher now

AlSwearengen
05-11-2019, 10:52 PM
With that change up. I saw folks here talking about it but I was skeptical about a new changeup being all that good. I was wrong, that is a damn good pitch. If he can have consistent command of it, the dynamics of our bullpen just changed.

With Cole pitching better, Brandon Smith pitching better, and Colby White becoming a legitimate 2 pitch closer, we might have the ingredients. I still consider Cole a closer, but now I think they can be co-closers, which is good for us. It gives us more options.

I?m praying for everyone to get hot, pitchers and hitters.

BiscuitEater
05-11-2019, 11:04 PM
One issue I always had with Ron Polk was when he would leave pitchers in way too long. It's just the opposite with Lemonis. White strikes out the side but is pulled for Cole. While I can't argue with his results.. it makes me hyper nervous at times.

ScottH
05-11-2019, 11:05 PM
Foxhall

AlSwearengen
05-11-2019, 11:11 PM
One issue I always had with Ron Polk was when he would leave pitchers in way too long. It's just the opposite with Lemonis. White strikes out the side but is pulled for Cole. While I can't argue with his results.. it makes me hyper nervous at times.

I think he did that in order to keep their pitch count down so they can all go again tomorrow. The bright side is that Cole pitched well again which is huge for his psyche.

Todd4State
05-11-2019, 11:13 PM
With that change up. I saw folks here talking about it but I was skeptical about a new changeup being all that good. I was wrong, that is a damn good pitch. If he can have consistent command of it, the dynamics of our bullpen just changed.

With Cole pitching better, Brandon Smith pitching better, and Colby White becoming a legitimate 2 pitch closer, we might have the ingredients. I still consider Cole a closer, but now I think they can be co-closers, which is good for us. It gives us more options.

I?m praying for everyone to get hot, pitchers and hitters.

White developing the change up has been a game changer that has put him over the top. It was great to see him be dominant after his last outing against Georgia was not. Other than Georgia has been really good the second half of SEC play. Gordon has looked better the last two outings as well. Leibelt has been our best guy and is our fireman. I wouldn't be surprised to see Smith start against La Tech.

We really just need to get Barlow going again. Self didn't pitch well tonight but LH hitters are going to hit him better than RH hitters. Eagan has been better too.

I think Lemonis left pitchers in too long sometimes earlier in the year. He definitely tried to overextend some guys at times and it cost us. We're not doing it as much lately I think because with Plumlee emerging as a guy that can eat 5-6 IP along with Small and Ginn who eat up 5-6 IP or more if you're Small it has allowed him to manage our team differently.

Todd4State
05-11-2019, 11:15 PM
I think he did that in order to keep their pitch count down so they can all go again tomorrow. The bright side is that Cole pitched well again which is huge for his psyche.

I agree. And Leibelt should be available for at least one IP too. Maybe even two.

ShotgunDawg
05-11-2019, 11:20 PM
Foxhall

He's clearly excellent at his job.

Lord McBuckethead
05-12-2019, 12:22 AM
White developing the change up has been a game changer that has put him over the top. It was great to see him be dominant after his last outing against Georgia was not. Other than Georgia has been really good the second half of SEC play. Gordon has looked better the last two outings as well. Leibelt has been our best guy and is our fireman. I wouldn't be surprised to see Smith start against La Tech.

We really just need to get Barlow going again. Self didn't pitch well tonight but LH hitters are going to hit him better than RH hitters. Eagan has been better too.

I think Lemonis left pitchers in too long sometimes earlier in the year. He definitely tried to overextend some guys at times and it cost us. We're not doing it as much lately I think because with Plumlee emerging as a guy that can eat 5-6 IP along with Small and Ginn who eat up 5-6 IP or more if you're Small it has allowed him to manage our team differently.

Alright, Gordon has only looked shaky in one outing ranging back to the first game of the regional last season. Heck, I think he went like 28 innings without giving up a run.

CadaverDawg
05-12-2019, 01:49 AM
Tomorrow we need to get 5-6 out of Plumlee, then we have Liebelt, White, Gordon available to slam the door. Let's sweep these shitheads

Todd4State
05-12-2019, 02:25 AM
Alright, Gordon has only looked shaky in one outing ranging back to the first game of the regional last season. Heck, I think he went like 28 innings without giving up a run.

What? He has an ERA over 5 and was close to 6 as recently as two weeks ago. He was lights out in OOC play this year other than one minor hiccup against Maine. He has struggled since SEC play started until recently. He almost blew Florida, and he gave up a home run against Auburn before settling down, Alabama and Arkansas also hit him hard. He also has 15 walks in 26.1 IP which is not great.

I think he will be better now that we are through the meat of the SEC and I think that we have figured out that he is not a fireman and is better as a closer/set-up guy.

BuckyIsAB****
05-12-2019, 02:40 AM
I thought Self pitched pretty well tonight. I'd love to see him get back to what he was last year. He has came thru in some big situations before. Then again, so has Keegan James so...

Todd4State
05-12-2019, 04:55 AM
I thought Self pitched pretty well tonight. I'd love to see him get back to what he was last year. He has came thru in some big situations before. Then again, so has Keegan James so...

Left hand hitters usually hit sidearm/lower arm slot right hand pitchers well.

Captain Falcon
05-12-2019, 08:05 AM
Didn’t mind pulling White after an inning. He is great in small doses but not somebody who we’ve been able to extend. His three K’s were against the bottom of the order, and the meat of OM’s order can really hit the fastball. Going to Cole there made sense. Now both should be available today.

tcdog70
05-12-2019, 10:31 AM
What? He has an ERA over 5 and was close to 6 as recently as two weeks ago. He was lights out in OOC play this year other than one minor hiccup against Maine. He has struggled since SEC play started until recently. He almost blew Florida, and he gave up a home run against Auburn before settling down, Alabama and Arkansas also hit him hard. He also has 15 walks in 26.1 IP which is not great.

I think he will be better now that we are through the meat of the SEC and I think that we have figured out that he is not a fireman and is better as a closer/set-up guy.

Humm, almost blowing a save means he did not blow it. He hasn't blown a save nor has he lost a game. We ask Cole to be more than a one inning closer. According to another Pitcher on the team, the times Cole has struggled ,they didn't let Him warm up enough.