PDA

View Full Version : State Championship Bound!

Commercecomet24
05-11-2019, 03:37 PM
This isn't MSU related and if it needs to be moved off the main board that's cool. Just indulge a proud dad for a
moment.

My son and his team won South State in 5A last night and will be playing for a State title at Trustmark this week!

My kid in 6 playoff games is 9 for 16 with 2 doubles, 2 homers, 4 walks and 10 rbi. And no one runs on him. Only one attempt and that was on a ball in the dirt he blocked and threw the kid out by 10 feet. One error this year and only 2 passed balls. The team has scored 48 runs and only given up 7 in the playoffs.

I just wanted to share this with y'all because I enjoy this board and the many great posters on here. I'm proud of what he's accomplished. He works his butt off and he's beat up as heck right now from blocking so many balls, foul tips etc, but always turns it up a notch for the big games going back to his coach pitch days.

Thank y'all for indulging an old proud dad!

HAILSTATE!

BrunswickDawg
05-11-2019, 03:40 PM
Congrats Commerce Jr. I know this old catcher is rooting for your kid.

Treemydawg
05-11-2019, 03:51 PM
Congrats Commerce

Noxdog
05-11-2019, 03:51 PM
This isn't MSU related and if it needs to be moved off the main board that's cool. Just indulge a proud dad for a
moment.

My son and his team won South State in 5A last night and will be playing for a State title at Trustmark this week!

My kid in 6 playoff games is 9 for 16 with 2 doubles, 2 homers, 4 walks and 10 rbi. And no one runs on him. Only one attempt and that was on a ball in the dirt he blocked and threw the kid out by 10 feet. One error this year and only 2 passed balls. The team has scored 48 runs and only given up 7 in the playoffs.

I just wanted to share this with y'all because I enjoy this board and the many great posters on here. I'm proud of what he's accomplished. He works his butt off and he's beat up as heck right now from blocking so many balls, foul tips etc, but always turns it up a notch for the big games going back to his coach pitch days.

HAILSTATE!

What class is he? Any interest from MSU?

basedog
05-11-2019, 04:02 PM
+1

Sounds like a solid prospect!!

Commercecomet24
05-11-2019, 04:03 PM
What class is he? Any interest from MSU?

He's a junior. No interest from MSU but our catcher roster is pretty full and some others committed so it's understandable. Lot of interest from cusa, sunbelt, big 10 schools. Would love to play in sec but don't know that that will happen.

Noxdog
05-11-2019, 04:12 PM
He's a junior. No interest from MSU but our catcher roster is pretty full and some others committed so it's understandable. Lot of interest from cusa, sunbelt, big 10 schools. Would love to play in sec but don't know that that will happen.

I may be wrong but If, IF Skelton comes back, I have a hard time seeing both Hancock & Jones staying, Hearn is a draft risk. Really don't know about the kid from Greenville.

Either way, congrats. USM is a good potential landing spot. Edit to add, USA is as well. Good baseball school.

Saltydog
05-11-2019, 04:16 PM
Congrats to both you and your son CC24.....

BulldogtheMS
05-11-2019, 04:26 PM
Those boys have been beating the eyes out of everyone the last few weeks. I’m glad to see this group get a shot at a title. This is prob the most talented team I’ve ever watched come though the county.

CadaverDawg
05-11-2019, 04:37 PM
Congrats man! Love stories like this. I know you are proud as you should be. Good luck to you guys at Trustmark...keep
Us posted

starkvegasdawg
05-11-2019, 04:39 PM
Congratulations. Nothing wrong with a proud dad bragging on his son.

Todd4State
05-11-2019, 04:51 PM
Congrats Commerce! I hope things work out where your son can play at MSU!

Good luck at Trustmark Park next week. That's actually a pretty good baseball event to go to for a casual fan and probably one of the top 10 baseball events to go to in the state of Mississippi.

basedog
05-11-2019, 05:22 PM
Btw Cc24, I'm assuming Brandon will play winner of NWR/Desoto Central. DSC is up one game and they are playing game 2 tonight.
Talk about talent, DSC is loaded, have 4 MSU commits, with a few other D1 commits and some JC bound kids. Maybe I will meet you b4 game Wednesday if DSC wins.

msstate7
05-11-2019, 05:27 PM
Good luck rest of way

Gutter Cobreh
05-11-2019, 05:41 PM
Congrats Commerce Sr. and Jr.!

Bring home the title!

msbulldog
05-11-2019, 05:43 PM
Congratulations CC & CCJr., fingers crossed for ya'll in the state tourney!

BuckyIsAB****
05-11-2019, 06:17 PM
moment.

HAILSTATE!

When I was younger I worked on the baseball field at Trustmark. My favorite event of the year was the High School State Championships. I loved watching State play but the atmosphere at those games were special. Congrats and good luck, should be a fun time

shoeless joe
05-11-2019, 06:24 PM
Whoever comes outta the north half in 5A will be VERY beatable...

bulldawg28
05-11-2019, 07:51 PM
Congrats 24

HoopsDawg
05-11-2019, 07:59 PM
congrats! Culmination of many years in the cages, on the fields and playing travel ball! That is awesome.

Cowbell
05-11-2019, 08:48 PM
Congrats Commerce! Hope he makes it to be a dawg!

Commercecomet24
05-11-2019, 11:38 PM
Thank y'all for all the kind words and good wishes it's much appreciated! Our team is fun to watch and reminds me a lot of the Dawgs(accept we actually play really good defense lol). These kids grind at bats and are freaking relentless at the plate. Credit to our head coach because he's a hard ass and requires it of his players! Once again thanks y'all for the indulgence and kind words!

P.S. It would be a dream come true for my son to play at State! He's all Dawg! Wish it could happen but realistically it's a long shot at this point.

HAILSTATE!

preachermatt83
05-12-2019, 12:24 AM
Outstanding!! Congrats buddy!!

Goldendawg
05-12-2019, 12:25 AM
Congrats to your son and his team. Hope they win it all. My son graduates from High School this week with honors and I am very proud of him. His sister is 35, so quite a few years between this type activity for me. He's hardcore, all-Dawg, and made his first State game in a baby carrier less than 1 year old. We haven't missed a home game together in his 17 years. I'm a 55 model and the Bible says that you are blessed to have a child in your older years. I am indeed blessed. Hail State!

Commercecomet24
05-12-2019, 12:44 AM
Congrats to your son and his team. Hope they win it all. My son graduates from High School this week with honors and I am very proud of him. His sister is 35, so quite a few years between this type activity for me. He's hardcore, all-Dawg, and made his first State game in a baby carrier less than 1 year old. We haven't missed a home game together in his 17 years. I'm a 55 model and the Bible says that you are blessed to have a child in your older years. I am indeed blessed. Hail State!

That's awesome! You are blessed! It's these kind stories and interactions that make this board so great! Thanks for sharing that!

HAILSTATE!

MarketingBully
05-12-2019, 12:56 AM
Congrats man and good luck! Hope your son and his team is able to bring it home! Always love your baseball commentary and you were spot on with Ginn! Would be great if your son?s team wins the state the same year we win a Natty! Would be really cool!