PDA

View Full Version : Anyone snagged a triple tail?

BeastMan
10-22-2013, 11:43 PM
I'm not gonna lie, I've never caught one. They say to target them you ride around looking at crab traps and other structure and to spot them and then cast to them. They're only seasonal. I looked a cpl times this year to no avail. This monster was 20+ lbs. They're supposed to be great eating.200

ETA- pretty sure that one was caught on shore thing charters but could be mistaken

FISHDAWG
10-23-2013, 08:46 AM
wanted to but never took the time ... seems like every time I was flying past crab traps & buoys that I was in a hurry out or running late coming back in ... I hear they are delicious and put up an incredible fight ... also hear they are tough to clean / fillet because of tough skin ... one day I'm gonna take time and try it ... that one in the pic is enormous

J-Dawg
10-23-2013, 08:58 AM
Like I always say, I'm jealous of you coasties and the fishing ya'll could do. I really need to get down there with my kayak and try my hand at it.

BeastMan
10-23-2013, 09:45 AM
@Fishdawg

I've heard it called "rich man fishing". If you have the fuel money to drive around checking crab traps all day you must be a rich man... Me and my dad have got to the point where we check 1-2 that are directly on our way in to see if we get lucky. Haven't yet. I personally would prefer them much smaller than the one in the pic for eating.