PDA

View Full Version : UF has had 3 decommits of 4 star recruits in the last 24 hours

Tbonewannabe
05-10-2019, 07:01 PM
It seems like it isn't just us getting decommits.

Cowbell
05-10-2019, 07:06 PM
It seems like it isn't just us getting decommits.

I wonder if their fans are flipping out and already talking about who to hire next?

msstate7
05-10-2019, 07:07 PM
Mullen is having a rough 2 weeks. These decommits hurt for sure, but they're all 2021. The Steele and jones' fiasco is a much bigger headache for dan at the moment though. Steele supposedly telling staff about jones' sexual attacks could be a bombshell (per tRant, so who knows how true that is)

msstate7
05-10-2019, 07:08 PM
I wonder if their fans are flipping out and already talking about who to hire next?

Hell yeah they're freaking out

CadaverDawg
05-10-2019, 07:10 PM

They are. Newsflash, our fan base is no different than other SEC schools. That's why I always go back at the crowd that wants to say our fanbase is so much more negative than others. No we aren't. And if you think ED is worse than other boards, take away OT threads from other boards and it's really no different. We just have different forums for non-sports topics.

Tbonewannabe
05-10-2019, 07:17 PM
UF fans are also pissed because they haven't signed a composite 5 star in several years. McE had fallen off in recruiting and Mullen hasn't really improved it much.

ShotgunDawg
05-10-2019, 07:19 PM
They are. Newsflash, our fan base is no different than other SEC schools. That's why I always go back at the crowd that wants to say our fanbase is so much more negative than others. No we aren't. And if you think ED is worse than other boards, take away OT threads from other boards and it's really no different. We just have different forums for non-sports topics.

Agree.

The people who think we gripe more than others must live under a rock. Clearly ignorant and living in a vacuum

HoopsDawg
05-10-2019, 07:22 PM

yes, they are going nuts.

basedog
05-10-2019, 07:25 PM
Agree.

The people who think we gripe more than others must live under a rock. Clearly ignorant and living in a vacuum

Never read other fan boards never will. Got way to much going on with family, to each there own I suppose.

HoopsDawg
05-10-2019, 07:28 PM
Never read other fan boards never will. Got way to much going on with family, to each there own I suppose.

when fans stop complaining on message boards, we have a real problem. Apathy is as bad as it gets for an athletic dept.

basedog
05-10-2019, 07:32 PM
when fans stop complaining on message boards, we have a real problem. Apathy is as bad as it gets for an athletic dept.

Ok, whatever floats your boat. I got better things to do than read message boards all day long.

You mad from my post?

Liverpooldawg
05-10-2019, 07:36 PM

Our fan base is the most paranoid and poor old whooped down I have ever seen. Before you start, I DO look at other boards, and some are beyond the SEC , and the US. It is BEYOND old.

basedog
05-10-2019, 07:43 PM
Our fan base is the most paranoid and poor old whooped down I have ever seen. Before you start, I DO look at other boards, and some are beyond the SEC , and the US. It is BEYOND old.

I guess you have to think a lot of negative stuff on message boards are from fans who don't attend games much less buy tickets.

Now b4 some of you guys fixing to go off like a bottle rocket on fire, I ain't calling out the ones that do both.

JMO

Todd4State
05-10-2019, 07:46 PM
My guess is Florida probably got these four star recruits because of their boosters paying them but then Dan is still going to rear his ugly head with his policies like playing juniors and seniors over underclassmen no matter what and that's not going to play well with divas.

HoopsDawg
05-10-2019, 07:51 PM
Ok, whatever floats your boat. I got better things to do than read message boards all day long.

You mad from my post?

huh? Umm, no.

Gutter Cobreh
05-10-2019, 07:56 PM
Mullen also had a staffer get arrested last week for stalking his exgirlfriend.

https://www.gainesville.com/news/20190423/uf-football-staffer-on-leave-after-stalking-arrest%3ftemplate=ampart

R2Dawg
05-10-2019, 08:03 PM

Ha, so true. Out fan base is a softy compared to the UF, AU, AU, UGA, LSU 's of the SEC. We probably have one of the most light hearted fan base in SEC.

CadaverDawg
05-10-2019, 08:05 PM

Y'all may want to take this guy's posts on the subject with a grain of salt....he's the guy that would still have Croom and Ray if he were in charge. You are more of a Genespage sheep than anybody else on this board.

CadaverDawg
05-10-2019, 08:07 PM
Ha, so true. Out fan base is a softy compared to the UF, AU, AU, UGA, LSU 's of the SEC. We probably have one of the most light hearted fan base in SEC.

100%. People saying we're the most negative need to get out of the MSU bubble and form an educated opinion on the subject. Because they're way wrong

ShotgunDawg
05-10-2019, 08:13 PM
100%. People saying we're the most negative need to get out of the MSU bubble and form an educated opinion on the subject. Because they're way wrong

Can you imagine Auburn and Tennessee’s boards? Yikes

Todd4State
05-10-2019, 08:13 PM

I would say that we are probably the nicest and most rational of any of the fanbases. We're actually rational to the point where I think it sometimes actually comes off badly and people don't realize it.

Full disclaimer I have been to every SEC football stadium to watch MSU play so I have a decent idea of what fans are really like. I've witnessed Florida fans booing and cursing at Urban Meyer just one year after winning the National Championship. That would honestly NEVER happen at MSU. And if some MSU fan did do that to a National Championship caliber coach that fan would probably get his ass kicked and/or arrested by the other surrounding MSU fans.

Todd4State
05-10-2019, 08:16 PM

The funny thing to me is some of the guys that are now the most "positive" ahem... "rational" MSU voices out there were considered some of the most negative 15 years ago and that ended once they got a lot closer to MSU athletics.

basedog
05-10-2019, 08:19 PM
I would say that we are probably the nicest and most rational of any of the fanbases. We're actually rational to the point where I think it sometimes actually comes off badly and people don't realize it.

Full disclaimer I have been to every SEC football stadium to watch MSU play so I have a decent idea of what fans are really like. I've witnessed Florida fans booing and cursing at Urban Meyer just one year after winning the National Championship. That would honestly NEVER happen at MSU. And if some MSU fan did do that to a National Championship caliber coach that fan would probably get his ass kicked and/or arrested by the other surrounding MSU fans.

Been to most as well, gotta say Gator fans are the nasty bunch! Lsu fans are rowdy but loyal, Gator fans have none of that.

RougeDawg
05-10-2019, 08:35 PM

Ignoring and sugar coating negative things is a common problem for many people in this country. Far too many. How are you ever supposed to improve something if you ignore and sugar coat the things occurring that are preventing excellence? This attitude is the main reason we spent so much time in sucktitude with regard to MSU athletics.

biggun
05-10-2019, 10:55 PM
Should this be it for the night, SEC rules says this game has to be completed from this point prior to tomorrow’s regularly scheduled game.

10:27 PM - May 10, 2019

Lord McBuckethead
05-11-2019, 09:05 AM

Well this board acts like a different teams fan board sometimes......

basedog
05-11-2019, 11:55 AM
Well this board acts like a different teams fan board sometimes......

LMBO

+1

Lord McBuckethead
05-11-2019, 12:01 PM
Moorhead must have made a couple recruiting visits.

Lord McBuckethead
05-11-2019, 12:29 PM

It would happen at msu.

msstate7
05-12-2019, 07:28 PM
Steele now staying at Florida. Mullen has to breathe a huge sigh of relief

Gutter Cobreh
05-15-2019, 09:44 AM
Steele now staying at Florida. Mullen has to breathe a huge sigh of relief

Steele to Oregon, plus based on the article below - Diwun Black did not academically qualify.

http://www.gatorsports.com/2019/05/steele-decides-to-transfer-to-oregon/

msstate7
05-15-2019, 09:50 AM
Steele to Oregon, plus based on the article below - Diwun Black did not academically qualify.

http://www.gatorsports.com/2019/05/steele-decides-to-transfer-to-oregon/

Yeah, not sure what happened there. Florida fan sites reported Steele coming back, and then boom, Oregon. Either way, I always like good players leaving the sec. Mullen has to be feeling some heat

Gutter Cobreh
05-15-2019, 09:53 AM
Yeah, not sure what happened there. Florida fan sites reported Steele coming back, and then boom, Oregon. Either way, I always like good players leaving the sec. Mullen has to be feeling some heat

Oh, I agree with you. I think it's funny their fan sites are blaming English for the transfer.

Do the recruiting sites reevaluate previous classes after the initial signing period? I'd be interested to see what the loss of Jones, Steele, and Black do to their ranking.

msstate7
05-15-2019, 09:59 AM
Oh, I agree with you. I think it's funny their fan sites are blaming English for the transfer.

Do the recruiting sites reevaluate previous classes after the initial signing period? I'd be interested to see what the loss of Jones, Steele, and Black do to their ranking.

Taking those 3 off drop them from 9th (276.85) to 13th (263.75) using 247 class calculator. I thought the difference would be more

Tbonewannabe
05-15-2019, 10:21 AM

Mullen flew to California and thought he had talked him into coming back but I guess not. He never was great at closing on a recruit.

Ari Gold
05-15-2019, 04:55 PM
Well the recruiting wont be any better under Mullen has it has been post Urban ...
and Mullen better hope he hangs in to Grantham as long as he can .. DC musical chairs won?t work so great in Fla..