PDA

View Full Version : EliteDawgs called out

Cooterpoot
05-10-2019, 01:23 PM
By BW for being a bunch of whining {{}}s. It?s bad when Brienne of Tarth calls you out!

Todd4State
05-10-2019, 01:30 PM
Who is BW?

KOdawg1
05-10-2019, 01:35 PM
I thought he had moved on to Barstool sports? Why does he care about what a message board says?

ETA: I like Brandon and listen to his show every now and then. But he of all people doesn't need to say anything about people whining and overreacting.

Saltydog
05-10-2019, 01:41 PM
Coming from him, who really gives a shit. He's an effing blowhard shock jock.

Tbonewannabe
05-10-2019, 01:42 PM
Brandon Walker

Leroy Jenkins
05-10-2019, 01:58 PM
Brandon Walker

Is he the guy that doesn't have any real talent, or original insight, but gets by on being an over the top personality?
If so, its not for me, but if his brand sells then whatever; its his business.
But, even Stingray eventually realized that the reasons he was getting attention were not good.

Lord McBuckethead
05-10-2019, 02:09 PM
By BW for being a bunch of whining {{}}s. It?s bad when Brienne of Tarth calls you out!

Well he is kind of right. Never saw so much sand in peoples ******s as the Moor-head-hunters on here.

Activated Alpha
05-10-2019, 02:18 PM
Go down a few threads and some people were praising him for speaking truth about Mullen. He speaks truth about the message boards and people revert back to being blind

Todd4State
05-10-2019, 02:20 PM
Brandon Walker

Oh. That guy is a *****.

Is he the guy that doesn't have any real talent, or original insight, but gets by on being an over the top personality?
But, even Stingray eventually realized that the reasons he was getting attention were not good.

Well, let me give you an example of his sports insight.

After telling me that Hevesy's unit wasn't a problem during the Georgia game where they were getting dominated I tweeted him a quote about how every player is an extension of themselves on the whole team and that every unit needs to work together to succeed- which he said was the dumbest thing that he had ever heard. The quote was from Bill Walsh who is easily one of the top five football coaches and offensive minds of all time.

After that I don't pay any attention to him.

Todd4State
05-10-2019, 02:20 PM
Well he is kind of right. Never saw so much sand in peoples ******s as the Moor-head-hunters on here.

It's not just Elitedawgs.

Liverpooldawg
05-10-2019, 02:21 PM
He is spot on, SPOT ON.

Brandon Walker
05-10-2019, 02:22 PM
Somebody asked me what my favorite MSU message board is, and I said I like both. But I did have a statement about the message boards.

I said "I like EliteDawgs, but lately, EliteDawgs is turning into the most depressing place on the internet. Too many poster trying to out-sad the others with diatribes on how Moorhead sucks, our recruiting sucks, everything sucks. We heard you the first 5,000 times you posted it. We have a national title-caliber baseball team, are good across the board and football is still in damn good shape. Relax and quit trying to use a message board as a way to tell everyone in the world how much you think it sucks to be a State fan."

That's pretty much what I said. If that means I don't have talent or I'm a shock jock, fine.

reno hightower
05-10-2019, 02:25 PM
He is spot on, SPOT ON.

Yep

BeardoMSU
05-10-2019, 02:26 PM
Somebody asked me what my favorite MSU message board is, and I said I like both. But I did have a statement about the message boards.

I said "I like EliteDawgs, but lately, EliteDawgs is turning into the most depressing place on the internet. Too many poster trying to out-sad the others with diatribes on how Moorhead sucks, our recruiting sucks, everything sucks. We heard you the first 5,000 times you posted it. We have a national title-caliber baseball team, are good across the board and football is still in damn good shape. Relax and quit trying to use a message board as a way to tell everyone in the world how much you think it sucks to be a State fan."

That's pretty much what I said. If that means I don't have talent or I'm a shock jock, fine.

Zero controversy here. Spot on, actually.

Jarius
05-10-2019, 02:27 PM
He was spot on.

StateDawg44
05-10-2019, 02:29 PM

Dude. You?ve bashed him recently yourself. Then point the finger as if you haven?t or you aren?t guilty of having sand in yours. What a crock

Todd4State
05-10-2019, 02:34 PM

And it has been mentioned many times on here that we have a NC caliber baseball team. And like I said I've seen a lot of the same Moorhead stuff on the other MSU message boards.

So, whatever.

QuadrupleOption
05-10-2019, 02:40 PM
He’s absolutely correct. There are certain posters on both boards who are bound and determined to take Coach34’s mantle of “person who is gleefully looking forward to our head coach failing just so they can crow about being right.”

Both boards have become total shitshows since the Moorhead haters got going and decided they couldn’t let a single damn thread go by without telling all us heathens how unenlightened we all are for daring to think that our coach can experience at least the same amount of success as the guy who cut and ran on his “best team ever.”

TrapGame
05-10-2019, 02:41 PM

And you are 100% right.

MoreCowbell
05-10-2019, 02:47 PM

Eh the problem with Stingray is he had no self awareness, BW on the other hand does that is what makes him original and personable. Stingray was “famous” for being a fat loser with no self awareness (no offense Stingray). The two are not comparable, BW is actually funny and knows sports. And no, I am not Brandon Walker- I had this username on here and twitter before he ever started his show.

I am just glad we finally have a mouthpiece for MSU in the media and Barstool is one of if not the biggest platforms. More people know about Miss State now from him getting hired for sure. Hope he continues to succeed and think he will.

Duckdog
05-10-2019, 02:51 PM

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!x100000000000000 0000000000000000000

Gutter Cobreh
05-10-2019, 02:58 PM

Excellent assessment. Some here try to inflate their own personal agenda and/or persona at the expense of the athletic program. They want to make a name for themselves and think they'll have some sort of clout or cred. It's sad.

MarketingBully
05-10-2019, 03:06 PM

This isn?t bad and is true.

Bothrops
05-10-2019, 03:06 PM
He is spot on, SPOT ON.

Agreed, and I like to whine.

RocketDawg
05-10-2019, 03:13 PM

You pretty much nailed it, but it's not everybody. A few whiners can murk the entire appearance.

BayouDawg
05-10-2019, 03:16 PM
There are people that would rather be negative in life. I for one think life is too short to constantly rehash garbage and make everyone miserable around you.

BrunswickDawg
05-10-2019, 03:17 PM

https://media0.giphy.com/media/rgBwKeJTlGg9O/giphy.gif

sleepy dawg
05-10-2019, 03:26 PM
If you don't agree with Brandon, you are likely one of the ones making this board shittier by the day.

Cooterpoot
05-10-2019, 03:28 PM
BW brings the truth.

msstate7
05-10-2019, 03:35 PM
If you don't agree with Brandon, you are likely one of the ones making this board shittier by the day.

I just don't understand why the ones that hate the old-and-tired arguments don't start different threads. Shotgun (like myself is a hated poster here) tried to start a positive thread, and then one of the ones who hates all the negativity flipped the thread the other way in post #11 ( https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?74333-What-Will-Be-The-Most-Unexpected-POSITIVE-Development-During-Football-Season ). Guys like myself and shotgun will take the flack for being the ones that ruin the board or whatever, but it isn't always us. Whatever though, if you have any opinion that isn't positive, you're "making the board shitter by the day". I think some of you should read the old threads here from the board's beginning... nothing here has changed but the names

ShotgunDawg
05-10-2019, 03:39 PM
What I don't understand is why when you make a positive post, it gets 30 responses or less but when you make a negative one it gets 150+ responses.

Just like with the news, good news is boring and people much prefer to complain and debate.

bulldawg28
05-10-2019, 03:39 PM
BW brings the truth.

???? You started the thread calling the man a woman knight. Now he's the truth? Which is it?

Bdawg
05-10-2019, 03:44 PM
Dead on Brandon. Now I'm not saying I don't complain or for anyone not to complain. That would just be boring. I just usually do it during the moment(like during a game). But after that, it's over and done with unless something egregious happened worth talking about. But I certainly won't be one to keep bashing something or someone over and over and over and over.... (you get the point.)

Gutter Cobreh
05-10-2019, 03:54 PM
I just don't understand why the ones that hate the old-and-tired arguments don't start different threads. Shotgun (like myself is a hated poster here) tried to start a positive thread, and then one of the ones who hates all the negativity flipped the thread the other way in post #11 ( https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?74333-What-Will-Be-The-Most-Unexpected-POSITIVE-Development-During-Football-Season ). Guys like myself and shotgun will take the flack for being the ones that ruin the board or whatever, but it isn't always us. Whatever though, if you have any opinion that isn't positive, you're "making the board shitter by the day". I think some of you should read the old threads here from the board's beginning... nothing here has changed but the names

For the record, I don't necessarily hate negativity. I've still not fully gotten past or processed our ineptitude on offense last football season or the times where I get pissed with the inability of our pitchers to throw strikes at times during this baseball season. I tend to post and speak up though when it is apparent that a dead horse is being debated. In what you've referenced, I questioned how Shotgun went from negative to positive in a manner of 12 hours with nothing new to be necessarily positive about. He replied and informed me his role here is to facilitate discussion.

What do I know though, I don't have 50k posts or pitch my two cents into every thread created on this board...

Cooterpoot
05-10-2019, 03:56 PM
???? You started the thread calling the man a woman knight.

Because I can do that. I’ve called him worse LOL. Doesn’t mean I don’t watch his show.
You obviously don’t or you’d understand. Give it a try.

Randolph Dupree
05-10-2019, 04:00 PM

Don't hate the player. Hate the game.

Cowbell
05-10-2019, 04:20 PM

Spot on man! Keeping it real!!

Todd4State
05-10-2019, 04:29 PM

I'm one of the biggest Moorhead defenders on here and I don't agree with him.

But I understand when we get a result that we don't like people are going to complain and be unhappy.

RougeDawg
05-10-2019, 04:47 PM
I?ll say it again as I?ve said a thousand times. Stating facts are not whining and complaining. This is the problem with society. People have been conditioned to see people who state things they disagree with or things that are not positive, as whining and complaining. If something factual is negative, pointing it out is not whining. Sorry you have been conditioned on how to respond, as opposed to logically thinking.

Stating our offense sucked ass is a fact. Just because you disagree or were in a coma all football season, someone stating we sucked on offense isn?t whining.

WeWonItAll(Most)
05-10-2019, 05:27 PM
I?ll say it again as I?ve said a thousand times. Stating facts are not whining and complaining. This is the problem with society. People have been conditioned to see people who state things they disagree with or things that are not positive, as whining and complaining. If something factual is negative, pointing it out is not whining. Sorry you have been conditioned on how to respond, as opposed to logically thinking.

Stating our offense sucked ass is a fact. Just because you disagree or were in a coma all football season, someone stating we sucked on offense isn?t whining.

Oh boy, a pseudo-intellectual

bulldawg28
05-10-2019, 05:39 PM
Because I can do that. I’ve called him worse LOL. Doesn’t mean I don’t watch his show.
You obviously don’t or you’d understand. Give it a try.

Gotcha, I definitely have no clue here.

yjnkdawg
05-10-2019, 05:45 PM

All of your post is spot on, but this especially in Bold.

With some of these whiny or negative threads initiated on here lately, or somebody trying to hijack another thread to feed their own whiny or negative agenda and ego, then I think yours is an accurate conclusion. When somebody says they would prefer Croom over JoeMo, that pretty much shows that there are some possible needs for a resident psychologist on this board. There is nothing wrong with some negativity , but when it is continually just run in the ground with wash, rinse, repeat over and over again it gets old quickly. Especially about what Mullen could have done this past year. Nobody knows for sure what he would have done , or not done (only speculation) and like I posted a while back , I imagine that we would have lost to OM because he would definitely been looking for another gig , and he nor our players would have been prepared due to that.

Saltydog
05-10-2019, 06:11 PM
And it has been mentioned many times on here that we have a NC caliber baseball team. And like I said I've seen a lot of the same Moorhead stuff on the other MSU message boards.

So, whatever.

Absolutely, it's all over all the MSU boards. Regardless whether it's right, wrong or indifferent there are a ton of MSU fans and members of the media in general that feel like Moorhead's team underperformed. That's just the way it is. People can sit and debate it all day long and truth is neither side is going to change the mind of the other.

R2Dawg
05-10-2019, 06:13 PM

Good point RougeDawg and I agree. Anyone not drinking whatever flavor koolaid is being served is a hater or not up with the program. See it in politics and corporate America all the time. Standing up for what is truth is not popular. When you keep it real, you will get accused of being negative.

There are some however that get stuck in a rut of negativity which is what BW mentions. It only takes a little salt to ruin the whole batch and sometimes that is what we have. You can be disappointed in last year results and still support your team, coach or program and have high expectations going forward. No one rises above the expectations so aim low and you will hit it everytime.

The Federalist Engineer
05-10-2019, 08:48 PM

This negativity talk is leftist North Korean group-control mentality. The relentless are the winners and only the paranoid survive, that capitalist, dynamic old school Americanism. I think MSU baseball fans are totally different than the other MSU fans, those other guys may never understand.

We do have some permanently negative people, but they are comic minority. It's cool to get the "Bench" - Rowdey, Allen, Westburg, Macnamee guys going. It's at Max negativity that we see a true slump bust. Heck, I think we still have a Lemonis hater on the board.

somebodyshotmypaw
05-10-2019, 08:51 PM
At least Brandon admits to reading both MSU message boards (elitedawgs and Genespage)

Liverpooldawg
05-10-2019, 10:44 PM

A bit dog always yelps the loudest. BW was SPOT on.

Cowbell
05-10-2019, 11:01 PM

Im glad my kid isnt a whiner. When he falls hard and busts his lip, he cries for a second, takes a deep breath, and then gets up and keeps going. Will he fall again? Sure! But he falls less everyday because hes not scared and he learns from his mistakes. Also because we as parents get his mind off the mistake so he can move forward.

Now my neighbor Rouges boy is a whiner. He falls, busts his lip, and he cries. And then he wines to his mom a few minutes later. Then he cries again when my kid accidentally bumps into his hurt lip. Then he shows his busted lip to everyone that comes by because he just wants the attention, but deep down hes scared of it happening again because hes so focused on it. Hes a whiner. All the while my kid forgot he busted his lip and is moving on to better things.

Rouge. You are right. Offense sucked last year as fact. But maybe the problem with society is that we all want to be armchair quarterbacks when others make mistakes. We want to tear down instead of helping them move forward.

Saltydog
05-10-2019, 11:12 PM
DING, DING, DING.

BayouDawg
05-11-2019, 12:57 AM
There is a difference between being real, discussing things that are an issue and taking every opportunity to wallow around in negativity about the draft, the spring game, and apparently missing Mullen mad Scottie.

confucius say
05-11-2019, 08:05 AM
How can you listen to his more cowbell show now? I only get one a week on iTunes now since he joined barstool.

Or is he only doing one a week now?

West Tn Dawg
05-11-2019, 09:05 AM
How can you listen to his more cowbell show now? I only get one a week on iTunes now since he joined barstool.

Who knows? You never know if he's going to be on or be at a little girls basketball or softball game. I like to listen and he has some good takes, but how does he get sponsors when they have no idea if he is going to do a show or not. I guess it's working, so good for him.

Ari Gold
05-11-2019, 09:32 AM
Thanks BW couldn’t have said it better myself.. well I actually have numerous times .
And no me and BW aren’t the same person.. I already have another account it’s ISID ... Allegedly

Cooterpoot
05-11-2019, 09:41 AM

I get Facebook notifications when it comes on. You can thank me later BW for this extra pub.

Turfdawg67
05-11-2019, 10:09 AM
Spot on... especially the "We heard you (whine) the first 5000 times...".

Dawg2003
05-11-2019, 10:32 AM
Here's the thing about this board having a lot of negative Moorhead posts. People are very scared with Mullen gone because he represented stability for several years. We're in the "wait and see" phase with JoMo, which causes people to get antsy. It's always a real possibility that any new coach can tank a program fairly quickly, and people are reacting to that.

msstate7
05-11-2019, 10:51 AM
Here's the thing about this board having a lot of negative Moorhead posts. People are very scared with Mullen gone because he represented stability for several years. We're in the "wait and see" phase with JoMo, which causes people to get antsy. It's always a real possibility that any new coach can tank a program fairly quickly, and people are reacting to that.

Nah, can't happen. We have a proud history of outstanding football, and there is zero chance that we will do anything but improve losing one of our most successful coaches ever

Dawg-gone-dawgs
05-11-2019, 12:22 PM
He is making freaking hockey predictions, knowing he don't know shit about hockey

Jarius
05-11-2019, 01:52 PM
Nah, can't happen. We have a proud history of outstanding football, and there is zero chance that we will do anything but improve losing one of our most successful coaches ever

I think everyone gets that Moorhead May be a bust. We are all in wait and see mode. Some of us are just tired of hearing how scared we should be about it every single 17’ing day.

msstate7
05-11-2019, 01:57 PM
I think everyone gets that Moorhead May be a bust. We are all in wait and see mode. Some of us are just tired of hearing how scared we should be about it every single 17’ing day.

Every DAY?!!!! I'm gonna have to step up my outreach efforts haha

confucius say
05-11-2019, 02:06 PM
I get Facebook notifications when it comes on. You can thank me later BW for this extra pub.

How many more cowbell shows a week is he doing now?

gravedigger
05-11-2019, 07:05 PM

Considering that he was actually trying to leave since the 2014 season ended and couldnt keep a DC to save his life, he represented instability. Coaches dont tank programs quickly. It took a 3 year NCAA investigation to get us to 2003 and Croom didnt get us out of it. Athletic Directors tank programs by not getting advantageous buyout clauses, letting boosters run the program, and not protecting the university from the NCAA investigators.

But you nailed probably the most important part.....fear. But it's just fear of the unknown. Will Moorhead improve us or not? Jury is still out. Ultimately fear manifests itself on a message board in the form of irrational conclusions or a group that perpetually expects the worst and wants to come back with 'i told you so'.

msstate7
05-11-2019, 07:52 PM
Considering that he was actually trying to leave since the 2014 season ended and couldnt keep a DC to save his life, he represented instability. Coaches dont tank programs quickly. It took a 3 year NCAA investigation to get us to 2003 and Croom didnt get us out of it. Athletic Directors tank programs by not getting advantageous buyout clauses, letting boosters run the program, and not protecting the university from the NCAA investigators.

But you nailed probably the most important part.....fear. But it's just fear of the unknown. Will Moorhead improve us or not? Jury is still out. Ultimately fear manifests itself on a message board in the form of irrational conclusions or a group that perpetually expects the worst and wants to come back with 'i told you so'.

How long did it take ark to tank after Petrino?

TrapGame
05-11-2019, 09:47 PM

Ask John L. Smith.

gravedigger
05-11-2019, 10:57 PM

So our situation is similar to Arkansas when Petrine left?

msstate7
05-11-2019, 11:09 PM

Ark was 10-3 in 2010 and 11-2 in 2011 (petrino's last year). Ark entered 2012 as the #12 preseason team ( https://fbschedules.com/2012-preseason-ap-top-25-poll-released/ ). Moorhead is obviously better than John l Smith bc smith crashed ark at 4-8. Ark then hired bielema who went 3-9, 7-6, 8-5, 7-6, and 4-8. Last year they were bad with Morris. Ark still hasn't gotten to the level petrino left them at. Again though, 8-5 was nowhere near the level of fail that smith did with ark. Moorhead may even surpass Mullen... not saying he won't. The ark point was that things can spiral quickly.

bulldawg28
05-12-2019, 07:45 AM

It has the chance if Moorehead keeps going backwards.

Political Hack
05-12-2019, 10:38 AM

Seems pretty accurate to me. I honestly think the board is still in mourning over CDM, but everybody is too pissed off to admit it. Baseball season has been awesome. Basketball made the tournament. And the media, for once in my lifetime, thinks our football team is going to be better than our fans do.

gravedigger
05-12-2019, 12:33 PM
Ok.

How many games did Mullen win with the great team in 2017?

yjnkdawg
05-12-2019, 09:58 PM
It has the chance if Moorehead keeps going backwards.

I'm really clueless, and dumb on this backwards thing. Can you enlighten me or us on this. please? You really need to learn how to spell our coach's name. It is Moorhead and not Moorehead.

bulldawg28
05-12-2019, 10:22 PM
I'm really clueless, and dumb on this backwards thing. Can you enlighten me or us on this. please? You really need to learn how to spell our coach's name. It is Moorhead and not Moorehead.

Moorehead, Moorhead, no head. Autocorrect changed the name. Anyone paying attention saw the team went backwards. The only other teams with 3 first rounders were in the playoffs (Bama/Clemson) yet we struggled to win 8 games. I'm comparing him to his predecessor in regards to direction. If you're talking MSU history he was average. If your speaking football knowledge he underachieved with the talent inherited.

DancingRabbit
05-12-2019, 10:52 PM
Moorehead, Moorhead, no head. Autocorrect changed the name. Anyone paying attention saw the team went backwards. The only other teams with 3 first rounders were in the playoffs (Bama/Clemson) yet we struggled to win 8 games. I'm comparing him to his predecessor in regards to direction. If you're talking MSU history he was average. If your speaking football knowledge he underachieved with the talent inherited.

Your conclusions don't follow the data. Could you show your work?

https://media.makeameme.org/created/logic-j8qnke.jpg

bulldawg28
05-13-2019, 07:54 AM
Your conclusions don't follow the data. Could you show your work?

https://media.makeameme.org/created/logic-j8qnke.jpg

Data that the team underachieved? The simplest is this team steadily dropped in the polls until it was no longer ranked at the end of the year. You can make number say whatever you want them to. So did the team achieve the success you expected?

DancingRabbit
05-13-2019, 09:43 AM
Data that the team underachieved? The simplest is this team steadily dropped in the polls until it was no longer ranked at the end of the year. You can make number say whatever you want them to. So did the team achieve the success you expected?

I'm pretty sure both Dan and Jackie had seasons where we finished lower than we started in the rankings.

This is the one I was puzzled about:

Anyone paying attention saw the team went backwards. The only other teams with 3 first rounders were in the playoffs (Bama/Clemson) yet we struggled to win 8 games.

confucius say
05-13-2019, 09:44 AM

Bama and Clemson were in the playoff bc of tua and T. Lawrence. Not their respective three first rounders.

mstatefan91
05-13-2019, 09:46 AM
We here at ED like to get outraged over the dumbest 17'ing stuff. :)

StateDawg44
05-13-2019, 10:23 AM
I'm pretty sure both Dan and Jackie had seasons where we finished lower than we started in the rankings.

This is the one I was puzzled about:

Anyone paying attention saw the team went backwards. The only other teams with 3 first rounders were in the playoffs (Bama/Clemson) yet we struggled to win 8 games.

Again, the defense.... you know, the side the 3 first round picks played on didn't struggle at all so your point is essentially thrown out the window.

The offense did take a step back however and did struggle, no argument there. But the backbone of your reasoning doesn't count if that's the angle you want to take.

bulldawg28
05-13-2019, 12:09 PM
Bama and Clemson were in the playoff bc of tua and T. Lawrence. Not their respective three first rounders.

I disagree. Both Clemson and Bama would have made the playoffs with their backups playing. They both were just that talented. Heck, Lawrence technically was there backup.

msstate7
05-13-2019, 12:12 PM

Bama and Clemson made the playoffs the previous year with different QBs

confucius say
05-13-2019, 12:42 PM
Bama and Clemson made the playoffs the previous year with different QBs

Totally different teams.

Clemson almost lost to some average team last year without lawerence.

deadheaddawg
05-13-2019, 12:46 PM
He is spot on, SPOT ON.

Yep

msstate7
05-13-2019, 12:47 PM
Totally different teams.

Clemson almost lost to some average team last year without lawerence.

Clemson did lose to an avg Syracuse in 2017 and still made playoffs.

Hurts saved Bama vs Georgia in sec championship in 2018. Tua was 10/25 passing with 2 picks in that game

yjnkdawg
05-13-2019, 01:00 PM

Those 3 first rounders were on defense, and our defense did achieve. I was one of the ones who initially had very high expectations for our offense. One of the expert college football analysts said that Moorhead coming in with all the expectations our fan base had (some being unrealistic as mine was) was a much more difficult situation to come in to than the situation that Mullen did. Also we didn't have a quarterback on campus that could run JoeMo's offense the way it was designed to be run. The younger quarterbacks weren't ready and the senior quarterback couldn't grasp the whole concept of it, and he also loved to run the ball himself. So it was watered down where it could hopefully be run on a minimum scale, and all those quarterback runs were not designed JoeMo called runs. Even if one of our younger quarterbacks had been ready, it would be difficult to almost impossible to bench a quarterback who was on the verge of breaking Tim Tebow's SEC rushing record. I will say it again, anybody who says Mullen could have done this or that, is just speculating. Nobody knows what he would have done or not done. He could have had an elite record (10-2 for example) but with the way he was wanting to get out of StarkVegas, he could have gone 5 and 7. What I'm saying is unless he was actually coaching at MSU last year, there is nothing to document what he would have done, if he had still been our coach. On running Mullen's offense, JoeMo didn't know Mullen's offense , and a new head coach coming in is normally not going to run what his predecessor ran, anyway. This so-called offensive talent that he inherited was for Dan Mullen, and the offense he ran. However after Fitz's injury, which affected him both mentally and physically, I'm not sure Mullen would have had the success that he previously had at the quarterback position. Good defensive coordinators also knew what Fitz could do and not do, and could scheme their plan accordingly. When Mullen took our coaching job, he wasn't planning on staying here very long, making this his destined head coaching job, and he didn't look at MSU , as a real football school, from the info I heard back then. With the way he was job shopping, I wouldn't have bet that we would have beaten OM this past year. It would be nice, however, if message board posters would get behind our head coach for the upcoming season, and get out of the past with this comparing JoeMo's record to what they "think" Mullen would have done, but I guess some things never change,

deadheaddawg
05-13-2019, 01:07 PM

And BW was stating a fact.

You are literally whining about BW while at the same time saying the problem with society is.... whining....... Your complete lack of self awareness is astonishing.

And yes I'm whining about you. And I whine about the constant barrage of over action and freak out that is occurring Everytime Moorhead farts.

It's gotten completely old and is absurd. We haven't had enough time to know if Moorhead will be great or awful. We don't know.

And please stop trying to tie in society with message board discussion. Because it makes you look foolish. If we are being honest, maybe what's wrong with society is we have taken what is entertainment.....what is to be fun.....and we turn it into something that impacts our real life negatively.

Florida game was awful last year, but I had brain surgery this summer and it was the first game I was able to go to. I was lucky to be alive. I got to watch the game with my children and my parents. 3 generations of state fans.

Game sucked. I manged to have some fun that day and not jump off a ledge.

So if we want to start talking about what's wrong with society....if you really want to compare message board talk with society.....then what's wrong with society is grown men not being able to handle a sports loss 8, months after it happens....a sports loss they didn't even play in

Maybe your priorities are wrong. Maybe that's what's wrong with society.

StateDawg44
05-13-2019, 02:55 PM

I get what you're hinting at. But, creating a thread only to try to show some sort of positive attitude after one starts a blatant bashing thread just doesn't really counter the other. Especially only after getting called out for creating the original crap thread.

It comes across as attempting to "make-up" for creating a crap thread dumping on the program. Or just because he got called out in the original thread. Not saying anyone has to "make-up" ground or anything at all. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. But why start a thread that is in no sort of way, no matter how you try to spin it, improving the very thing that is being complained about? That thread was only created to stir the pot and cast one's crap opinion on others and for all to see. Not to start a discussion of football. Only to bash...period.

bulldawg28
05-13-2019, 05:16 PM
Those 3 first rounders were on defense, and our defense did achieve. I was one of the ones who initially had very high expectations for our offense. One of the expert college football analysts said that Moorhead coming in with all the expectations our fan base had (some being unrealistic as mine was) was a much more difficult situation to come in to than the situation that Mullen did. Also we didn't have a quarterback on campus that could run JoeMo's offense the way it was designed to be run. The younger quarterbacks weren't ready and the senior quarterback couldn't grasp the whole concept of it, and he also loved to run the ball himself. So it was watered down where it could hopefully be run on a minimum scale, and all those quarterback runs were not designed JoeMo called runs. Even if one of our younger quarterbacks had been ready, it would be difficult to almost impossible to bench a quarterback who was on the verge of breaking Tim Tebow's SEC rushing record. I will say it again, anybody who says Mullen could have done this or that, is just speculating. Nobody knows what he would have done or not done. He could have had an elite record (10-2 for example) but with the way he was wanting to get out of StarkVegas, he could have gone 5 and 7. What I'm saying is unless he was actually coaching at MSU last year, there is nothing to document what he would have done, if he had still been our coach. On running Mullen's offense, JoeMo didn't know Mullen's offense , and a new head coach coming in is normally not going to run what his predecessor ran, anyway. This so-called offensive talent that he inherited was for Dan Mullen, and the offense he ran. However after Fitz's injury, which affected him both mentally and physically, I'm not sure Mullen would have had the success that he previously had at the quarterback position. Good defensive coordinators also knew what Fitz could do and not do, and could scheme their plan accordingly. When Mullen took our coaching job, he wasn't planning on staying here very long, making this his destined head coaching job, and he didn't look at MSU , as a real football school, from the info I heard back then. With the way he was job shopping, I wouldn't have bet that we would have beaten OM this past year. It would be nice, however, if message board posters would get behind our head coach for the upcoming season, and get out of the past with this comparing JoeMo's record to what they "think" Mullen would have done, but I guess some things never change,

Nice breakdown. No argument from me