PDA

View Full Version : Let's design some plays

Lord McBuckethead
05-10-2019, 09:29 AM
https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/bmxweh/in_mike_leachs_insurgent_warfare_and_football/

Alright guys, time to put your money where your mouth is. Design a play similar to the ones Leach graded out. Keep in mind our personnel. Give us the down and distance and the reads.

MedDawg
05-10-2019, 11:04 AM
Hand the ball off to the running back and let him run it.

Statecoachingblows**
05-10-2019, 11:24 AM
Go to the line, snap the damn ball. Don't look to the sideline, don't "check with me". Call any play and go run it.

msstate7
05-10-2019, 11:26 AM
Hand the ball off to the running back and let him run it.

I agree. Lots and lots more designed rb runs

TUSK
05-10-2019, 12:51 PM
Tell Jeudy to "just go get open" and Tua to "chunk it"...*

Quaoarsking
05-10-2019, 12:58 PM
Have the QB line up at tackle so the person who receives the snap can hand it to him and go out for a pass, and the QB now has 6 eligible receivers

Lord McBuckethead
05-10-2019, 02:08 PM
Well handing the ball to out RB isn't going to beat Bama.
It would have beat LSU, UF, and UK though.

msstate7
05-10-2019, 02:43 PM
Well handing the ball to out RB isn't going to beat Bama.
It would have beat LSU, UF, and UK though.

We aren't beating Bama, period.

the_real_MSU_is_us
05-10-2019, 03:01 PM
Seriously Todd, I really wish people got that. Bama has literally the best coach of all time, can hire coaches away from 90% of teams (including our own), and recruits at a clip we cant hope to match.

Some posters here evaluate every move by whether it has the potential to "beat Bama", but I think this standard will run us into the ground. "Cant take a 3* commitment because Bama is signing 4*." "Cant use the style of O that'll win us 10 games because Bama can stop it." End result is we win take risks that dont pan out and lose more games than if we accepted what we are instead of chasing Bama.

TUSK
05-10-2019, 03:06 PM
Seriously Todd, I really wish people got that. Bama has literally the best coach of all time, can hire coaches away from 90% of teams (including our own), and recruits at a clip we cant hope to match.

Some posters here evaluate every move by whether it has the potential to "beat Bama", but I think this standard will run us into the ground. "Cant take a 3* commitment because Bama is signing 4*." "Cant use the style of O that'll win us 10 games because Bama can stop it." End result is we win take risks that dont pan out and lose more games than if we accepted what we are instead of chasing Bama.

A buddy of mine relayed a discussion he had the other day with a Non-Bammer about how "it isn't fair", "can't be successful because of Bammer" type talk... His response, "Win your other 11 games and then worry about it."

I think that'd be a healthier approach...

Homedawg
05-10-2019, 05:51 PM
A buddy of mine relayed a discussion he had the other day with a Non-Bammer about how "it isn't fair", "can't be successful because of Bammer" type talk... His response, "Win your other 11 games and then worry about it."

I think that'd be a healthier approach...
When you lose to Kentucky that puts you in quite a pickle......