PDA

View Full Version : These WR de-commits

Todd4State
05-09-2019, 01:15 AM
Make me think that we are about to get some good news on Stevens.

Typically when we are about to get a big recruit or have something exciting/good happen in football Ole Miss opens up the wallets and pays guys to de-commit, flip or they get a public commitment from one of their private commits.

Just how they work.

DawgRockur
05-09-2019, 05:57 AM
When did the wallets ever close?

Cooterpoot
05-09-2019, 06:08 AM
Neither of those WRs are going to OM.

1bigdawg
05-09-2019, 07:57 AM
Neither of those WRs are going to OM.

People just don't seem to understand this; when Ole Miss knows they are not going to get a recruit, they negatively recruit against us and can be very per$ua$ive.

Lord McBuckethead
05-09-2019, 08:21 AM
It is amazing on how much their $$$ guys know about our recruiting and according to this thread, they just open up their wallets and our commits all drop their panties.

Wonder when we are going to guy equal to theirs?

smootness
05-09-2019, 08:49 AM
LOL Please. We probably will get Stevens, but it's not like that's a huge get. We lost these recruits because we lost them. That's it.

BeastMan
05-09-2019, 09:26 AM
I can’t follow recruiting like I used to because these kids are insufferable. Respect my decision and then commit and decommit multiple times every cycle. It’s pathetic. The kid that commits and sticks or keeps it open until signing day are relics. I blame vaping juuls, skinny jeans, and mumble rap

Dawgology
05-09-2019, 09:42 AM
I can’t follow recruiting like I used to because these kids are insufferable. Respect my decision and then commit and decommit multiple times every cycle. It’s pathetic. The kid that commits and sticks or keeps it open until signing day are relics. I blame vaping juuls, skinny jeans, and mumble rap

And get off my lawn you young whipper-snappers!!

I kid...I kid.

BuckyIsAB****
05-09-2019, 10:51 AM

We have no one to blame but ourselves for glorifying the kids as much as we do. People are so hungry for football that we created this monster. I love em but I do get sick and tired of the attention grabbing and all about me social media posts from the kids that get recruited. If you are good the tape will speak for itself and in the win loss column.

Political Hack
05-09-2019, 01:41 PM
They allegedly paid Pat Patterson to stop mentioning State in recruiting articles. That's how insane it gets.

BeastMan
05-09-2019, 01:53 PM
And get off my lawn you young whipper-snappers!!

I kid...I kid.

Lmao. Recruiting now and 2010 are 2 totally different things and what it is now is disgusting. The kids are addicted to the attention and the adults drooling over their keyboards would legit watch a high school underwear olympics cough cough I mean combine. Multiple things are true: I’ve gotten older, it’s changed, and it no longer for me.

I’ll continue to follow because I’m an MSU fan but not like I used to and not with any emotion whatsoever

Goldendawg
05-09-2019, 05:17 PM
Per the late great Yogi Berra, "If they don't wanna come, you can't make 'um." At least I think he said something like that. Hail State and let me know how we look in about 6 months or so!

BeastMan
05-09-2019, 06:55 PM
And on cue a buddy sends me a tweet from a MS HS receiver w/P5 offers who tweeted “Blessed to receive a EMCC offer”. Lmao I shit you not.

hopsondawg22
05-09-2019, 07:22 PM
Lmao. Recruiting now and 2010 are 2 totally different things and what it is now is disgusting. The kids are addicted to the attention and the adults drooling over their keyboards would legit watch a high school underwear olympics cough cough I mean combine. Multiple things are true: I’ve gotten older, it’s changed, and it no longer for me.

I’ll continue to follow because I’m an MSU fan but not like I used to and not with any emotion whatsoever

As the kids say these days, ReTweet.

bulldawg28
05-09-2019, 07:50 PM
We have no one to blame but ourselves for glorifying the kids as much as we do. People are so hungry for football that we created this monster. I love em but I do get sick and tired of the attention grabbing and all about me social media posts from the kids that get recruited. If you are good the tape will speak for itself and in the win loss column.

This is 100% accurate. Kids shouldn't have this much attention for selecting a school.

yjnkdawg
05-10-2019, 11:59 AM
People just don't seem to understand this; when Ole Miss knows they are not going to get a recruit, they negatively recruit against us and can be very per$ua$ive.

This started with OM when OM got enough of DM, and wanted to embarrass him and ruin his football program. Prior to that the money went to specific higher profile recruits who they wanted on their team.

yjnkdawg
05-10-2019, 12:05 PM
Make me think that we are about to get some good news on Stevens.

Typically when we are about to get a big recruit or have something exciting/good happen in football Ole Miss opens up the wallets and pays guys to de-commit, flip or they get a public commitment from one of their private commits.

Just how they work.

If OM did open up their wallets (and I said if), then it still doesn't guarantee that they will ever sign with OM . Just "Take the money and run" like some others have done in the past. It is just May, and some kids just like to have fun in the recruiting process, which some on here can't understand.

yjnkdawg
05-10-2019, 12:14 PM
This is 100% accurate. Kids shouldn't have this much attention for selecting a school.

Social media has ruined what used to be the normal recruiting process for the coaching staffs and the kids they were recruiting. The hats on the table and all the other me me attention seeking social media avenues.

CadaverDawg
05-10-2019, 12:58 PM

Exactly how I feel

deadheaddawg
05-10-2019, 01:00 PM
Social media has ruined what used to be the normal recruiting process for the coaching staffs and the kids they were recruiting. The hats on the table and all the other me me attention seeking social media avenues.

Like this place? Message boards are social media. And we have a 600+ page long thread about them.

When have grown men freaking out over kids tweets. Adults actually getting upset in May over recruiting

The fans are the biggest ones to blame. The hats are only on the table because people like us talk about it all year long

yjnkdawg
05-10-2019, 01:02 PM
Like this place? Message boards are social media. And we have a 600+ page long thread about them.

When have grown men freaking out over kids tweets. Adults actually getting upset in May over recruiting

The fans are the biggest ones to blame. The hats are only on the table because people like us talk about it all year long

Rep Given. Spot on.

Scared_Hitless
05-10-2019, 03:25 PM
If all recruiting followed a similar path to Baseball I would like that. No drama just kids committing and either going pro or coming to school. Current FB and Basketball Recruiting is at a level that is unacceptable for a chance at a good player.