PDA

View Full Version : Down to number four in RPI

Todd4State
05-09-2019, 01:03 AM
The reason for this is because East Carolina beat RPI 13 North Carolina and it bumped us down for now. If we do well this weekend we will probably jump back ahead of them if I had to guess.

So looking at the rest of our schedule we have RPI 18 Ole Miss on the road and that is a big series for us because we do well we can possibly have a .500 or better road record as well as lock up more top 50 and likely top 25 wins for our resume'.

One win essentially locks up a Regional host for us with our resume and we honestly may have enough even with a .500 SEC record because of our quality OOC wins. Two wins puts us on the National Seed bubble. A sweep puts us on the right side of the National Seed bubble. Doing well should also get our SOS in the top 20 easily.

La Tech is similar resume' wise to Nebraska. They are in the low 40's and playing the rest of their games on the road should help their RPI some. But they are also playing bad RPI games other than us so they could still really go either way between Q1 and Q2 at this point.

South Carolina lost to a bad Furman team and they are now 24-24 and plummeting in RPI. They're at RPI 89 but they do have RPI 40 Kentucky and RPI for MSU which probably will keep them in Q2 but they do have South Carolina- Upstate and a loss there could very well land them in Q3. It would be nice for us if they found a way to take a game or two from UK this weekend. We really need to sweep them to minimize damage probably.

smootness
05-09-2019, 08:58 AM
Win 3 total in these last 2 series, and I think we're in as a national seed.

TNDawg35
05-09-2019, 09:23 AM
There is no way we are only on the bubble with a series win. We are already a national seed. It’s ours to loose. Win both series and we’re good. We are gonna host even if we loose the Ole Miss series. Our resume is too good not to. Just take care of business and it will work out. Win 2-3 against Ole Miss and 2-3 of USCe. We will be a national seed.

smootness
05-09-2019, 09:48 AM
There is no way we are only on the bubble with a series win. We are already a national seed. It’s ours to loose. Win both series and we’re good. We are gonna host even if we loose the Ole Miss series. Our resume is too good not to. Just take care of business and it will work out. Win 2-3 against Ole Miss and 2-3 of USCe. We will be a national seed.

I think he means that if we win 2 against OM, we could get swept by USC and still be on the bubble. Right now we'd obviously be a national seed if the season ended today, but the question is how many more wins gets us there at the end of the season. Obviously if we got swept by both, we're not a national seed. Win 1 game and we're not, either. Win 2, and it's possible. Win 3, and I think we get one.

CadaverDawg
05-09-2019, 09:56 AM
I think 3 SEC wins plus winning OOC gets us a National Seed IF 1 of the wins is at Ole Miss. If we go up there and get swept, all bets are off

KOdawg1
05-09-2019, 09:58 AM
I think 3 SEC wins plus winning OOC gets us a National Seed IF 1 of the wins is at Ole Miss. If we go up there and get swept, all bets are off
Yeah can't get swept again.

State82
05-09-2019, 10:05 AM

Yeah. The old mantra has usually been "just don't get swept" as a general point throughout the season. Well we weathered one by going on the road and winning a series against a good conference foe. The next nine days don't present us with that opportunity. So, just don't get swept.

preachermatt83
05-09-2019, 10:29 AM
Win 3 total in these last 2 series, and I think we're in as a national seed.

Without a doubt