PDA

View Full Version : It is Baseball season and we are good......

Cowbell
05-08-2019, 11:23 PM
So how about we stop with the Moorhead bashing. Some of you are laughing at him for losing recruits? Really? Happens every year. And how exactly are you helping the situation by bashing him on here for all our players, recruits, and parents to see. Some of you narrow thinkers need to get it thru your thick skulls that coaches aren?t the only ones that recruits listen to.
Some of you act like you have never seen failure before. Like you don?t know what it?s like to strive for something outside your reach and fail in your pursuit the first time (probably the case). But we have all failed. And most of us didn?t have to deal with grown men bashing us on the internet. Grown men that will never have the knowledge to sniff the base of the college coaching realm.
Look. I get it. I thought he did a terrible job at times last year. Terrible. But I believe he is a good man and he deserves a chance to learn from his first go round of failures. We all deserve that when we fail our first go round. Let?s not let our stadium look like the Vaught next year - because that is what a program looks like that doesn?t believe in their coach.
We talk about our poor fan base on here regularly. The best thing we can do as a fan base at this time is stand behind this team and this coach. Someone needs to delete all the bashing threads and let?s give something positive for recruits, players, and families to see. It?s time that we became the leaders in taking us to the top of the football world and quit leaning on the next coach to take us there. That isn?t going to happen without our 100% support. Hail State!

basedog
05-09-2019, 07:21 AM
ED is almost unreadable with so much bitching now days. It's about players, coaches and posters, it's gotten way out of hand, I sure wish monitor's would take charge.

Jarius
05-09-2019, 07:33 AM
So how about we stop with the Moorhead bashing. Some of you are laughing at him for losing recruits? Really? Happens every year. And how exactly are you helping the situation by bashing him on here for all our players, recruits, and parents to see. Some of you narrow thinkers need to get it thru your thick skulls that coaches aren?t the only ones that recruits listen to.
Some of you act like you have never seen failure before. Like you don?t know what it?s like to strive for something outside your reach and fail in your pursuit the first time (probably the case). But we have all failed. And most of us didn?t have to deal with grown men bashing us on the internet. Grown men that will never have the knowledge to sniff the base of the college coaching realm.
Look. I get it. I thought he did a terrible job at times last year. Terrible. But I believe he is a good man and he deserves a chance to learn from his first go round of failures. We all deserve that when we fail our first go round. Let?s not let our stadium look like the Vaught next year - because that is what a program looks like that doesn?t believe in their coach.
We talk about our poor fan base on here regularly. The best thing we can do as a fan base at this time is stand behind this team and this coach. Someone needs to delete all the bashing threads and let?s give something positive for recruits, players, and families to see. It?s time that we became the leaders in taking us to the top of the football world and quit leaning on the next coach to take us there. That isn?t going to happen without our 100% support. Hail State!

I'm not much into censorship, but I do agree that the Moorhead bitching is annoying. However, I don't think we are going to have to worry about attendance this year. We will start off 4-0 and have a great home schedule. The stadium will be full for USM because it will be the home opener against a semi rival team. Then it will be full for K State because we will be 2-0. Then the same for Kentucky. After that, we play LSU, Alabama, and Ole Miss at home. We always have great crowds for those teams and we will have a good enough record that people will show up. The only bad attendance game at home I see is the game right before the Egg Bowl.

basedog
05-09-2019, 07:54 AM
Msu fans should never be underestimated, the cost of sporting events and TV coverage has played a huge part for attendance across the country. Msu has some of the best fans in the country for following team sports.

Jack Lambert
05-09-2019, 08:38 AM
Remind how many recruits Mullen lost the night before signing day every year to Ole Miss? I seem to remember the same people bitching about his recruiting. At lest Moorhead works at it and goes down fighting, not sitting in his office in Starkville looking at his $1000.00 Adidas shoes he got free hoping.

CadaverDawg
05-09-2019, 09:43 AM
How dare messageboards be cluttered with discussions about baseball, football, players, coaches, recruiting and successes and failures.**

What the hell do you Genespagers expect a messageboard to have on it? Got a problem with negative football discussion...then give us some positives to discuss right now. We'll hang up and listen.

The only things worse than people bitching, are the ones bitching about the bitching (like this thread), and the fact that there's nothing positive to change the subject to regarding football at the moment. And if I'm wrong, then how bout starting a thread about the positives instead of another "why can't everybody be nice" Thread.

KOdawg1
05-09-2019, 09:46 AM
How dare messageboards be cluttered with discussions about baseball, football, players, coaches, recruiting and successes and failures.**

What the hell do you Genespagers expect a messageboard to have on it? Got a problem with negative football discussion...then give us some positives to discuss right now. We'll hang up and listen.

The only things worse than people bitching, are the ones bitching about the bitching (like this thread), and the fact that there's nothing positive to change the subject to regarding football at the moment. And if I'm wrong, then how bout starting a thread about the positives instead of another "why can't everybody be nice" Thread.
There are some that overreact, don't get me wrong, but every little criticism is often misconstrued as "bitching." If you want sunshine 247, go to Gene's page

CadaverDawg
05-09-2019, 09:52 AM
There are some that overreact, don't get me wrong, but every little criticism is often misconstrued as "bitching." If you want sunshine 247, go to Gene's page

Exactly.

It's as if they think when Moorhead loses 2 commits we're just supposed to not mention it or say "we didn't want em anyway! Good!". It's idiotic to click on this link every day and not think you're going to see some good AND some bad. So if your little feelings can't handle people calling something negative something negative, maybe messageboards (or this one anyway) isn't your cup of tea. I just don't understand the goal of threads like this....do people really think they'll change others' minds? At least the "bitching threads" are filled with discussion about the actual sports, and not the attitudes and posts of other posters.

basedog
05-09-2019, 09:53 AM

LOL, follow your lead Clint""

Jack Lambert
05-09-2019, 10:02 AM
Exactly.

It's as if they think when Moorhead loses 2 commits we're just supposed to not mention it or say "we didn't want em anyway! Good!". It's idiotic to click on this link every day and not think you're going to see some good AND some bad. So if your little feelings can't handle people calling something negative something negative, maybe messageboards (or this one anyway) isn't your cup of tea. I just don't understand the goal of threads like this....do people really think they'll change others' minds? At least the "bitching threads" are filled with discussion about the actual sports, and not the attitudes and posts of other posters.

It's how it is said not that it was said is the problem.

CadaverDawg
05-09-2019, 10:08 AM
It's how it is said not that it was said is the problem.

Why can't y'all just ignore it then? Or better yet, counter it with a positive or a reason they are incorrect. Probably would be more effective. Oh well, do what y'all want, I just think it's silly to keep making threads like this in hopes this board will turn in to a big bro hug

Jack Lambert
05-09-2019, 10:09 AM
Why can't y'all just ignore it then? Or better yet, counter it with a positive or a reason they are incorrect. Probably would be more effective. Oh well, do what y'all want, I just think it's silly to keep making threads like this in hopes this board will turn in to a big bro hug

Some do ignore it and some do try to be positive but some go over board with the negative. Hard to ignore when there is three different threads about it and all three are posted in a way to negative about the coach. It is making this board really suck. It is becoming the other end of the spectrum from Genes Page. For all the reason Genes page is criticizes this page is the Bizarro world of Genes Page.

LC Dawg
05-09-2019, 04:47 PM
Some do ignore it and some do try to be positive but some go over board with the negative. Hard to ignore when there is three different threads about it and all three are posted in a way to negative about the coach. It is making this board really suck. It is becoming the other end of the spectrum from Genes Page. For all the reason Genes page is criticizes this page is the Bizarro world of Genes Page.

Hahahaha! Bizarro world of Gene's Page! I like it Jack. Rep given.

Cowbell
05-09-2019, 05:11 PM

I actually did in the thread title.

deadheaddawg
05-09-2019, 05:13 PM

lol.

Love how the people who are the most vocal critics of a coach are the ones that can't take criticism themselves

People have ever right to be critical of a coach. But people should hold their posting to the same standards, and they should embrace the criticism. They should use this as a learning experience. Like shotgun said about Cohen learning from his bad hires, I hope foambible can learn from his terrible posting

I am here to do exactly what they do. Point out their failures.

Foambible said Moorhead is a joke of a coach. Ok. But his posting is awful. Terrible. He really needs to work on it before he sinks this message board.

Shotgun? He's posting is worse than crooms coaching.

Our fans should hold themselves to the same standards they do our coaches. And when they act like the croom of message boards they should expect to be called out for it.

Hell Cohen should be fired for not bringing in a better crop of fans. Because right now our messages board roster is filled with a lot of idiots who do not understand how football works

RougeDawg
05-09-2019, 06:30 PM

Check your PMs.