PDA

View Full Version : Hell of A Job by the Bullpen Tonight

ShotgunDawg
05-08-2019, 10:50 PM
Other than the Yips club, to give up 7 runs in the 1st & only give up 2 more is really impressive.

Hopefully, some of these guy gained some confidence tonight that will carry over to the weekend.

This team is tough as nails, very well rounded, & the most complete team in the country.

It's why barring bad luck, I think they will have every opportunity of winning the Natty

preachermatt83
05-08-2019, 10:53 PM
Great post. I like this team a lot. The coaching staff is phenomenal and the players refuse to settle. They are always wanting more, not to mention they seem like they are having fun playing the game.

ShotgunDawg
05-08-2019, 10:56 PM
Great post. I like this team a lot. The coaching staff is phenomenal and the players refuse to settle. They are always wanting more, not to mention they seem like they are having fun playing the game.

What I like about this coaching staff is that guys have gotten better. I think they are good at player development.

We could complain about the base running, should we bunt, & other managerial decisions, but that's literally about 30% of baseball coaching. The most important thing is that guys are getting better & becoming better MLB prospects when they leave than they were when they came in the front door. So far, this staff seems capable of doing that.

It's fairly easy to see that the following players have gotten better:

Westburg
Foscue
Skelton
Small
Plumlee

All those guys are without a doubt better players & prospects now than they were a year ago.

Tbonewannabe
05-08-2019, 11:09 PM
Skelton might have improved more overall than any position player I have seen. He is up there with Chad Girodo.

Todd4State
05-09-2019, 12:11 AM
What I like about this coaching staff is that guys have gotten better. I think they are good at player development.

We could complain about the base running, should we bunt, & other managerial decisions, but that's literally about 30% of baseball coaching. The most important thing is that guys are getting better & becoming better MLB prospects when they leave than they were when they came in the front door. So far, this staff seems capable of doing that.

It's fairly easy to see that the following players have gotten better:

Westburg
Foscue
Skelton
Small
Plumlee

All those guys are without a doubt better players & prospects now than they were a year ago.

I think Halter has gotten better too. And Gilbert is better than he was last year too.

Commercecomet24
05-09-2019, 01:48 PM
This team has talent, heart and are scrappers. That's a tough combination to beat. Coaching staff has done a phenomenal job. Kudos to Lemonis so far for letting the players play and coaches coach.