PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Perry

StarkVegasSteve
05-08-2019, 02:45 PM
Just announced that Reggie Perry has been invited to the NBA Combine. I think he still ends up coming back, but this definitely clouds everything a bit.

smootness
05-08-2019, 03:08 PM
Yeah, he's nowhere near a 1st round pick and would stand a decent chance of going undrafted. Can't see him leaving.

HooverDawg
05-08-2019, 03:12 PM
Just announced that Reggie Perry has been invited to the NBA Combine. I think he still ends up coming back, but this definitely clouds everything a bit.

He was invited to the G League mini camp, not the actual NBA combine. Around 80 or so players (some already in the G league, some draft hopefuls) come to this event a few days before the actual combine. Then a select few will actually get invited to the combine.

Tbonewannabe
05-08-2019, 03:41 PM
Q did get invited to the actual NBA combine though. Hopefully he will get drafted. It has been a while since a MSU guy had his name called in the NBA.

Dawg61
05-08-2019, 08:15 PM
He was invited to the G League mini camp, not the actual NBA combine. Around 80 or so players (some already in the G league, some draft hopefuls) come to this event a few days before the actual combine. Then a select few will actually get invited to the combine.

So pretty much it's bait for making a really stupid decision. Way to go G League & NBA!

Dawgcap
05-08-2019, 08:22 PM
Time for a couple runs

HooverDawg
05-09-2019, 09:40 AM
So pretty much it's bait for making a really stupid decision. Way to go G League & NBA!

It's really just a showcase event where if you perform well you could get invited to the real combine. Just gives guys an opportunity.

Renardo Sidney
05-09-2019, 02:50 PM
Q did get invited to the actual NBA combine though. Hopefully he will get drafted. It has been a while since a MSU guy had his name called in the NBA.

Agreed. I think Q is underrated and will help any team off the bench

R2Dawg
05-10-2019, 06:21 PM
Agree. I think Q is an NBA player and could have a good career. His game translates to the NBA pretty good.

Homedawg
05-10-2019, 07:42 PM
Agree. I think Q is an NBA player and could have a good career. His game translates to the NBA pretty good.

Disagree. Hope I'm wrong. Step slow and won't be able to create his own shot. Not a great shooter. There are lots of guys just like him. Lots.

Tbonewannabe
05-10-2019, 07:58 PM
Disagree. Hope I'm wrong. Step slow and won't be able to create his own shot. Not a great shooter. There are lots of guys just like him. Lots.

He was one of about 8 guys last year that was 40% from 3, 50% fg, and 80% ft. He actually has a very quick and smooth transition from dribbling to shooting a 3. He is also great at driving the lane with good body control. I know the Hawks aren't very talented but I think he could be in the rotation for them.

Homedawg
05-10-2019, 08:44 PM
He was one of about 8 guys last year that was 40% from 3, 50% fg, and 80% ft. He actually has a very quick and smooth transition from dribbling to shooting a 3. He is also great at driving the lane with good body control. I know the Hawks aren't very talented but I think he could be in the rotation for them.

He's not a great athlete, and slow getting his shot off. He's biggest strength is his strength and getting to the hoop which is great, but not the asset they are looking for from an nba 2 guard. And he's gonna have a tough time defending too. Again, nothing would make me happier than being wrong.