PDA

View Full Version : Tonight on the diamond

Todd4State
05-07-2019, 09:11 PM
Delta State won the Gulf South Conference Tournament Title. Congrats to the Fighting Okra!

Also- Mississippi College deserves a shoutout for turning their program around in the same league as Delta State. Two very solid winning seasons in a row for them and they appear to be on the rise.

Now for us-

La Tech is beating LSU 7-1 in the 7th inning. That's potentially very big for us because it will almost assuredly keep La Tech in Q1. It also hurts LSU's hosting chances.

Memphis is in a slugfest with Arkansas Pine Bluff and Memphis is ahead 11-10 in the 8th inning.

Vanderbilt is beating Louisville 4-2 in the 8th.

UAB is up on Auburn 6-3 in the 8th.

Kentucky is beating Indiana 5-2 in the 8th. So you have the worst team in the SEC giving one of the better teams in the Big 10 a run for their money and winning. That pretty much says it all.

Jackson State split a double header with Kansas.

Todd4State
05-07-2019, 09:13 PM
La Tech now up 11-1 on LSU in the 8th.

AlSwearengen
05-07-2019, 09:24 PM
Could we be seeing lsu quit?

Todd4State
05-07-2019, 09:27 PM
I don't think they are quitting. I just think they have had to deal with a lot of injuries, they are young in some spots, and they aren't built at an elite level.

Skydawg1
05-07-2019, 09:34 PM
I don't think they are quitting. I just think they have had to deal with a lot of injuries, they are young in some spots, and they aren't built at an elite level.Right....they're not quitting. They are who they are. Pisses me off that we didn't win that series. Totally mental.

Todd4State
05-07-2019, 09:55 PM
Right....they're not quitting. They are who they are. Pisses me off that we didn't win that series. Totally mental.

I hope we get them in the SEC Tournament. I want some payback.

BeardoMSU
05-07-2019, 09:58 PM

Seconded.

Dawgcap
05-07-2019, 10:36 PM

Screw that I hope we are paired with them in the NCAA at our house.

Todd4State
05-07-2019, 10:40 PM
Screw that I hope we are paired with them in the NCAA at our house.

I honestly wouldn't mind that either.

msbulldog
05-08-2019, 06:05 AM
LSU is short on pitchers, whether through injuries or recruiting. That's why they have so many bad mid-week losses, La Tech, Southern, Nicholls and others. No arms to throw mid-week.

iPat09
05-08-2019, 08:14 AM
I'll just add too that both W teams, baseball and softball, are headed to their respective World Series.

MetEdDawg
05-08-2019, 08:24 AM
Vandy passed UCLA in RPI last night with their win.

LSU now outside of the Top 20 with their loss. I can't see them being higher than a 2 seed unless they rip off a 5-1 finish and get a game or 2 in the tournament.

Your guaranteed SEC hosts are Vandy, MSU, UGA, and Arkansas. After that I think we only get one more as a conference. Texas A&M and Ole Miss are the best choices for that. Auburn has an outside shot.