PDA

View Full Version : Message to All (Recruiting)

Dallas_Dawg
10-22-2013, 08:33 PM
The fact is that we are an in state school who competed for talent with Ole Miss who also has an out of state influence that we do not match. There's a few Dawgs here in Dallas, but there's a whole lot more Bears which sucks. This is true in Atlanta, Nashville and Memphis to name a few.
We have to take care of bidness in Mississippi and losing the CJ Johnson's, Jermaine Whiteheads, Tobias Singletons of the world are what really hurt. We need to make things happen in these areas, i.e, what everybody else does when it comes to recruiting.
That being said, we don't need to be on message boards discussing it! Do you get on Bama boards and see them talking about what it's going to take in terms of $$$ to get a recruit??? Hell no, because the ones who can afford to do it are ****ing smarter than that!
I had a guy telling me his involvement with Redmond (not Hack himself) outside at Daves last season. His wife knew all about it too and was chiming in!

I told them that I bled maroon and white and wouldn't repeat the details, but that they should keep that shit to themselves! During penis measuring contests, some folks like to brag about there involvement in recruiting and tell the whole god damned world!!!
The bears are smart enough to pounce on this information. All it takes is a player name mentioned by a friend of a friend, and they can pretty much ask around and people around Mississippi will tell anybody anything.
We are our own worst enemies when it comes to this. There are three rules to follow:
1. Don't mention cheating on a message board which includes people involved claiming that they "know".
2. Pay in cash in installments.
3. DON'T TELL YOUR ****ING WIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Homedawg
10-22-2013, 08:45 PM
The fact is that we are an in state school who competed for talent with Ole Miss who also has an out of state influence that we do not match. There's a few Dawgs here in Dallas, but there's a whole lot more Bears which sucks. This is true in Atlanta, Nashville and Memphis to name a few.
We have to take care of bidness in Mississippi and losing the CJ Johnson's, Jermaine Whiteheads, Tobias Singletons of the world are what really hurt. We need to make things happen in these areas, i.e, what everybody else does when it comes to recruiting.
That being said, we don't need to be on message boards discussing it! Do you get on Bama boards and see them talking about what it's going to take in terms of $$$ to get a recruit??? Hell no, because the ones who can afford to do it are ****ing smarter than that!
I had a guy telling me his involvement with Redmond (not Hack himself) outside at Daves last season. His wife knew all about it too and was chiming in!

I told them that I bled maroon and white and wouldn't repeat the details, but that they should keep that shit to themselves! During penis measuring contests, some folks like to brag about there involvement in recruiting and tell the whole god damned world!!!
The bears are smart enough to pounce on this information. All it takes is a player name mentioned by a friend of a friend, and they can pretty much ask around and people around Mississippi will tell anybody anything.
We are our own worst enemies when it comes to this. There are three rules to follow:
1. Don't mention cheating on a message board which includes people involved claiming that they "know".

All great points. Except, the bears brag like hell when they do it. I've had more than one of those jackasses beat their chest about what was going to happen and what it was going to take. Amazing how cocky they are. Truly amazing.

hells bells
10-22-2013, 09:03 PM
This post is ESP to me. Through out today I simply could not believe what i was reading. Yes we are this f'ing stupid.

Political Hack
10-22-2013, 09:14 PM
it's all hyperbole that was started by Wyatt and Rosebowl encouraging fans on twitter to "pay in cash."

Having the play by play guy at the football games and a recruiting nerd tweet that is much more problematic than a bunch of BA message board rants from random fans.

But in general, you're right. it creates a lot of problems that shouldn't be problems.

maroonmania
10-22-2013, 09:15 PM

Guess I will disagree on one point. Whatever recruiting discussions I've seen on MSU message boards about what we SHOULD be doing generally to secure a player I don't believe I've EVER seen or read anything written about anything specific an MSU booster or supporter did illegally to get a recruit. I have seen MANY SPECIFIC things posted by MSU posters about what Bear supporters have done. In fact, most Bear supporters aren't that quiet about it. Heck, CJ Johnson was about as open about being bought as ANY recruit I've ever seen with no NCAA repurcussions to this point. MSU boosters may be running their mouth somewhere about what THEY did to help us get a player but its not on public MSU message boards that I've ever seen.

Coach34
10-22-2013, 09:22 PM

Overall discussion on a message board does no harm. Getting specific does.

Our biggest problem is we dont have a connected network of guys. We have a few big dogs that do things, but then things splinter off after that. We need everybody on the same page, and the lower people not knowing any kind of details- just that we good (like Yancy and his :cool: face). We just have a few guys- not a real network. THAT is our problem.

coastdoglover
10-22-2013, 09:30 PM
I don't always agree with you but you are right on about this. However, it is easier said than done and there has to be a point man leader and we don't have it. If we did, Bracky would ban him. There used to be a 120 club that could help but it is still operating but not helping like TSUN does. We have a mentality of recruiting not to get on probation and a coach who plays not to get beat. Neither one will breed success. We are fighting an atomic war with BBguns and it doesn't matter who is coaching.

Our biggest problem is we dont have a connected network of guys. We have a few big dogs that do things, but then things splinter off after that. We need everybody on the same page, and the lower people not knowing any kind of details- just that we good (like Yancy and his :cool: face). We just have a few guys- not a real network. THAT is our problem.

maroonmania
10-22-2013, 09:31 PM

So exactly how is a network put together? It certainly doesn't happen spontaneously.

Political Hack
10-22-2013, 09:34 PM
So exactly how is a network put together? It certainly doesn't happen spontaneously.

and it has to be done without talking about it.***

Coach34
10-22-2013, 09:42 PM

Well, that's the hard part.

Dawggeezer is right- there has to be a leader to take the point, pull people in, and a plan put in place. Then others that are 100% trusted brought in- but they do certain things and dont ask questions. Fund gets started, people donate but they dont get told where their contribution is going. Have to trust the leaders.

Lots more to it but that is where things start

State82
10-22-2013, 09:53 PM
Well, that's the hard part.

Dawggeezer is right- there has to be a leader to take the point, pull people in, and a plan put in place. Then others that are 100% trusted brought in- but they do certain things and dont ask questions. Fund gets started, people donate but they dont get told where their contribution is going. Have to trust the leaders.

Lots more to it but that is where things start

The "net" has to be small, covert, but powerful. That is the problem we have now. The way things were handled in the late 70's would amaze some people. We still got busted for the miniscule Larry Gillard stuff, but that is all the NCAA could come up with. They knew something was going on but had no way of proving or documenting it. So they took the only little thing they could come up with and ripped us a new one. That could not happen in today's world of collegiate athletics. Unfortunately, that "net" is no longer around.

coastdoglover
10-22-2013, 10:16 PM
You are correct and Bob Tyler had it figured out but it was stopped by the probation and then followed up by LT. Tyler knew the Ole Miss model and he dominated recruiting when he was at MSU until the folks up north got pissed about the competition and nailed him. You don't hear the real UM money guys saying much because they are smart. We have lots of little guys who want us to win and would help if asked, but many also love to run their mouths and that is instant suicide. I am afraid we are stuck unless somebody could covertly take the lead and that is hard to do in these times.

The "net" has to be small, covert, but powerful. That is the problem we have now. The way things were handled in the late 70's would amaze some people. We still got busted for the miniscule Larry Gillard stuff, but that is all the NCAA could come up with. They knew something was going on but had no way of proving or documenting it. So they took the only little thing they could come up with and ripped us a new one. That could not happen in today's world of collegiate athletics. Unfortunately, that "net" is no longer around.

AROB44
10-23-2013, 05:45 AM
I, too, remember the Bob Tyler "system". Worked very well for a number of years. I just don't think it could be successful now....folks just cann't keep their mouths shut or not put stuff on Facebook, Twitter, etc.

State82
10-23-2013, 04:56 PM
I, too, remember the Bob Tyler "system". Worked very well for a number of years. I just don't think it could be successful now....folks just cann't keep their mouths shut or not put stuff on Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Some of the tricks were downright ingenious. But you are correct, too many cooks in the kitchen with big mouths nowadays. Still don't know how some people pull it off, but I'm searching for an answer.

hacker
10-23-2013, 06:52 PM
We should just use bitcoin.**