PDA

View Full Version : Additional Tommy Stevens Visit

Ifyouonlyknew
05-06-2019, 03:44 PM
Stevens is taking a visit to Kentucky tommorow & Wednesday.

basedog
05-06-2019, 03:51 PM

Maybe it's me but I just don't get the drama over a senior QB who has less snaps than KT, never started a game and has played WR and RB in schemes at PSU. Now in saying this, if he wants to come to Msu, I just have a hunch it would be as a multi position player including lining up at QB.

What say ye IYOK

Dawgology
05-06-2019, 03:52 PM

he gone

Todd4State
05-06-2019, 03:55 PM
If I'm Joe I'm having an emergency cigar boy meeting ASAP.

Which is what Dan should have done with Cam Newton.

TrapGame
05-06-2019, 03:58 PM
If Joe can't bring in a guy he knows and coached then we are ****ed.

StarkVegasSteve
05-06-2019, 04:00 PM
They have Terry Wilson. If he wants to start he won't be at Kentucky

msstate7
05-06-2019, 04:03 PM

Eh, not even I'm that hard on Moorhead. From Stevens' home town (Indianapolis) to UK is a 3-hour drive; it's an 8 1/2 hour drive to Starkville. I think the proximity to his home is huge considering they're sec too

ShotgunDawg
05-06-2019, 04:04 PM
Something isn't adding up here:

I can't imagine someone choosing to play in Kentucky's offense over JoMo's unless:

- We haven't really offered Stevens
- Have not in any way promised him the starting job
- or Stevens & JoMo don't get along. That doesn't make any sense though since he's agreed to visit MSU already.

Either way, something isn't adding up here. My guess is that JoMo had told Stevens that we want him but he'll have to compete with KT & thus Stevens is looking at other schools.

msstate7
05-06-2019, 04:05 PM
They have Terry Wilson. If he wants to start he won't be at Kentucky

The fact Kentucky is pursuing should tell you something about Wilson.

ShotgunDawg
05-06-2019, 04:05 PM
Eh, not even I'm that hard on Moorhead. From Stevens' home town (Indianapolis) to UK is a 3-hour drive; it's an 8 1/2 hour drive to Starkville. I think the proximity to his home is huge considering their sec too

I don't think that has a single thing to do with it.

msstate7
05-06-2019, 04:06 PM
I don't think that has a single thing to do with it.

Maybe not, but you have nothing to base that assumption on

Ifyouonlyknew
05-06-2019, 04:07 PM
Maybe it's me but I just don't get the drama over a senior QB who has less snaps than KT, never started a game and has played WR and RB in schemes at PSU. Now in saying this, if he wants to come to Msu, I just have a hunch it would be as a multi position player including lining up at QB.

What say ye IYOK

Saying he never started is kind of silly considering he was playing behind an All Big 10 & AA QB. That's like somebody complaining because a QB didn't play for 3 years when Dak was here. They put him at WR & RB because they were just trying to find ways to get him on the field because he's a good football player. I don't think he's coming here to play a slash role.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-06-2019, 04:07 PM
he gone

From we don't need him to we can't get him in 48 hours. Damn!

Walkerhill
05-06-2019, 04:08 PM

What say ye IYOK

I see comments like this all the time on here, I guess from KT fans or something. I like KT too btw, but I am not sure he is am SEC starter right now.

Have you actually watched Stevens play qb? Here is a highlight package from 2017 blue - white game. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=73HGs6ZqMa8
It is an exhibition but he makes reads and throws that no qb at State has made in this offense that I have seen. He has been in this system for 2 more years since then.

I guess my bottom line is if 1) I were under pressure after stepping into a trap year as a head coach where everyone expects offensive magic but the pieces do not fit my offense and I take heavy blame because everyone is so disappointed about what could have been if the old coach had stayed or we had hired a better immediate fit and 2) my quarterbacks were progressing but not ready and I could rent-a-starter who could actually make the reads and throws for my offense and 3) I could also buy back a redshirt year for my potential next in line (no I would not play them together in a package this year) ... then I would do it probably (tongue in cheek).

TrapGame
05-06-2019, 04:14 PM
Eh, not even I'm that hard on Moorhead. From Stevens' home town (Indianapolis) to UK is a 3-hour drive; it's an 8 1/2 hour drive to Starkville. I think the proximity to his home is huge considering they're sec too

Moorhead knows this guy, has coached him in this system. This should be a slam dunk. Stoops should not even be on the radar.

deadheaddawg
05-06-2019, 04:17 PM

What say ye IYOK

It is just you. And a few other fans. You have created "drama" for yourself.

What I see going on with the football program isn't "drama". It's a coach trying to get better players on campus. It's actually part of his job.

So Moorhead is just working. He will be working until he retires. He will always try to get players to play football for him. It's called recruiting.

So yes, it's just you that sees a bunch of drama.

msstate7
05-06-2019, 04:18 PM
Bowden at wr could play a part in his decision if it comes down to us or Kentucky. Bowden is much better than anyone we have at wr

Ifyouonlyknew
05-06-2019, 04:18 PM
Moorhead knows this guy, has coached him in this system. This should be a slam dunk. Stoops should not even be on the radar.

So he shouldn't take any other visits to hear what other coaches have to say?

basedog
05-06-2019, 04:22 PM
It is just you. And a few other fans. You have created "drama" for yourself.

What I see going on with the football program isn't "drama". It's a coach trying to get better players on campus. It's actually part of his job.

So Moorhead is just working. He will be working until he retires. He will always try to get players to play football for him. It's called recruiting.

So yes, it's just you that sees a bunch of drama.

Not drama with JoMo but with Stevens, just me, if JoMo wants him fine. We shall see shortly.

msstate7
05-06-2019, 04:23 PM
Another thing to consider, Stevens saw firsthand Kentucky bully penn st.

basedog
05-06-2019, 04:24 PM
Saying he never started is kind of silly considering he was playing behind an All Big 10 & AA QB. That's like somebody complaining because a QB didn't play for 3 years when Dak was here. They put him at WR & RB because they were just trying to find ways to get him on the field because he's a good football player. I don't think he's coming here to play a slash role.

We shall see. If he is a good football player then he should stay at Psu, not likely he will be drafted or play Pro Ball. Key word is not likely. LOL

deadheaddawg
05-06-2019, 04:26 PM
Not drama with JoMo but with Stevens, just me, if JoMo wants him fine. We shall see shortly.

But what about it is drama? It just recruiting. Teams wanting him and him looking around and taking some time to make a decision.

It's a very important decision for Stevens. He only has 1 year and needs to consider everything. Coaching, WRs, schedule ect.

This is just regular off season football stuff. Nothing at all dramatic

Ifyouonlyknew
05-06-2019, 04:30 PM
We shall see. If he is a good football player then he should stay at Psu, not likely he will be drafted or play Pro Ball. Key word is not likely. LOL

Him leaving Penn St has more to do with just football.

basedog
05-06-2019, 04:32 PM
But what about it is drama? It just recruiting. Teams wanting him and him looking around and taking some time to make a decision.

It's a very important decision for Stevens. He only has 1 year and needs to consider everything. Coaching, WRs, schedule ect.

This is just regular off season football stuff. Nothing at all dramatic

OK you convinced me, LOL. I do realize it's off season recruiting, and I know from experience about visits. If I was Stevens I would have already made a deal or my mind made up. Just saying as each there own.

basedog
05-06-2019, 04:33 PM
Him leaving Penn St has more to do with just football.

WOW, 3 years and all of a sudden his "lights came on"?

msstate7
05-06-2019, 04:33 PM
Supposedly Illinois guaranteed a starting job. May be hard to get him without matching that offer

CadaverDawg
05-06-2019, 04:38 PM
Hard to imagine a QB not wanting to play in that exciting offense I saw in Starkville last fall.**

msstate7
05-06-2019, 04:40 PM
Hard to imagine a QB not wanting to play in that exciting offense I saw in Starkville last fall.**

Haha... hard to believe, but Kentucky was even worse than us

Ifyouonlyknew
WOW, 3 years and all of a sudden his "lights came on"?

I understand your opinion has been formed & that's fine.

Ifyouonlyknew
Supposedly Illinois guaranteed a starting job. May be hard to get him without matching that offer

They didn't guarantee him the job. They said he'd have an excellent chance of winning the job.

CadaverDawg
05-06-2019, 04:41 PM

Except when they played us

basedog
05-06-2019, 04:53 PM
I understand your opinion has been formed & that's fine.

I'm open if he comes to Msu and wins the job. I guess my deal is I just don't like the rule of kids leaving and are eligible right away. I did see his highlight film, good athlete and as for as JoMo and Stevens they both should know what they are getting.

basedog
05-06-2019, 04:54 PM
Except when they played us

We couldn't stop the run that night either.

msstate7
05-06-2019, 04:56 PM
I'm open if he comes to Msu and wins the job. I guess my deal is I just don't like the rule of kids leaving and are eligible right away. I did see his highlight film, good athlete and as for as JoMo and Stevens they both should know what they are getting.

I don't have a problem with players transferring freely. Coaches can and coaches can "cut" them year to year.

Lord McBuckethead
05-06-2019, 05:45 PM

What? Maybe Stevens didn't like Joe. Maybe Joe doesn't like him. Who knows. Who is to say.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-06-2019, 06:28 PM

2 reasons why I'm ok with it.

1. He's graduated. I believe he's earned that right.

2. Coaches leave at a drop of hat & aren't penalized.

basedog
05-06-2019, 06:57 PM
2 reasons why I'm ok with it.

1. He's graduated. I believe he's earned that right.

2. Coaches leave at a drop of hat & aren't penalized.

Good points. I do like the point he has graduated, I’m ok with kids who graduated.

HoopsDawg
05-06-2019, 08:07 PM

What say ye IYOK

We want and need Stevens. Why is this so hard to understand?

basedog
05-06-2019, 08:18 PM
We want and need Stevens. Why is this so hard to understand?

I'm in.

Covercorner2
05-06-2019, 08:24 PM
What?s wrong with Stevens visiting UK? If anything it validates he?s a good player. Just because he?s visiting doesn?t mean we?ve lost him.

msstate7
05-06-2019, 08:30 PM
What?s wrong with Stevens visiting UK? If anything it validates he?s a good player. Just because he?s visiting doesn?t mean we?ve lost him.

You're right. I think it also says Stevens to state is hardly the done deal many believe though

basedog
05-06-2019, 08:57 PM
You're right. I think it also says Stevens to state is hardly the done deal many believe though

And I will add it will be a major meltdown. 3 2 1 boom!

msstate7
05-06-2019, 09:08 PM
And I will add it will be a major meltdown. 3 2 1 boom!

Not from me. I want Stevens, but I don't think he's a huge upgrade over key. I think our win total stays pretty much the same with either guy. I don't think Stevens gets us a win over auburn, aTm, LSU, or Bama. I think either qb could win or loss the game with tenn.

basedog
05-06-2019, 09:11 PM
Not from me. I want Stevens, but I don't think he's a huge upgrade over key. I think our win total stays pretty much the same with either guy. I don't think Stevens gets us a win over auburn, aTm, LSU, or Bama. I think either qb could win or loss the game with tenn.

I agree.

BuckyIsAB****
05-06-2019, 09:18 PM

They also have recruited for and ran their offense since Stoops got there. It fit them well. Ours did not with our personnel. If we run UK's offense last year we win 10 games. Their offensive scheme fit us perfect

BuckyIsAB****
05-06-2019, 09:20 PM

At auburn, at A&M and LSU at home shouldnt be considered sure Ls. A&M is a pretender, Auburn doesnt want Gus and LSU at home is self explanatory.

BuckyIsAB****
05-06-2019, 09:21 PM
Im glad some of yall dont recruit for us bc if yall did we would never get anyone another school wanted....

Cooterpoot
05-06-2019, 10:22 PM
I’ve tried to tell people not to count on him. It’s not close to a done deal. He’s not going to compete for a job either.
If he comes cool. If not, meh.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-06-2019, 10:53 PM
I’ve tried to tell people not to count on him. It’s not close to a done deal. He’s not going to compete for a job either.
If he comes cool. If not, meh.

I still expect him at MSU. Kentucky isn't promising a starting job. Illinois just got a Grad QB tonight.

Todd4State
05-06-2019, 11:02 PM
I still expect him at MSU. Kentucky isn't promising a starting job. Illinois just got a Grad QB tonight.

I was about to ask you about that. I wonder if he is using his visit to UK as leverage since Illinois got that Grad QB today. As long as we get the last visit I like our odds.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-06-2019, 11:08 PM
I was about to ask you about that. I wonder if he is using his visit to UK as leverage since Illinois got that Grad QB today. As long as we get the last visit I like our odds.

I think he's hearing everybody out. It would only make sense. I don't think he's in any position to have leverage.

Todd4State
05-06-2019, 11:17 PM
I think he's hearing everybody out. It would only make sense. I don't think he's in any position to have leverage.

I think he wants a promise/guarantee that he will start at QB. If Illinois has a QB and then his other option is Miami of Ohio then we could easily say "you have to compete for the job".

Dawg61
05-06-2019, 11:26 PM
Not sure why Kentucky is straight up lying to the dude. No way they're benching Wilson. Stevens has a good chance to beat out KT with KT's accuracy issues but has zero chance to beat out Wilson unless there's something we don't know about here. Stoops the new Freeze lying to players just to sign em?

Ifyouonlyknew
05-06-2019, 11:28 PM
I think he wants a promise/guarantee that he will start at QB. If Illinois has a QB and then his other option is Miami of Ohio then we could easily say "you have to compete for the job".

I don't think he's looking for a guarantee.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-06-2019, 11:28 PM
Not sure why Kentucky is straight up lying to the dude. No way they're benching Wilson. Stevens has a good chance to beat out KT with KT's accuracy issues but has zero chance to beat out Wilson unless there's something we don't know about here. Stoops the new Freeze lying to players just to sign em?

I don't expect him to go to Kentucky but Wilson's passing was mediocre last year & that's being generous.

Dawg61
05-06-2019, 11:36 PM
I don't expect him to go to Kentucky but Wilson's passing was mediocre last year & that's being generous.

Yet it was the best Kentucky team in 40 years. They ain't benching Wilson.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-06-2019, 11:45 PM
Yet it was the best Kentucky team in 40 years. They ain't benching Wilson.

Again I didn't say they were but you were talking like Wilson is untouchable when he's clearly not.

Dawg61
05-07-2019, 12:26 AM
Again I didn't say they were but you were talking like Wilson is untouchable when he's clearly not.

Sorry I just disagree. This stinks of Stoops being greedy and wanting to stack his bench while ignoring what Stevens clearly is asking for from a team. Don't add him if someone else is still the heavy favorite to start game 1. If Moorhead loses this head to head recruiting battle vs Stoops it ain't a good sign. Might be worse than Brooks losing his own son but at least that was UNC basketball and not Kentucky football with an already entrenched Qb.

gravedigger
05-07-2019, 12:38 AM

I think he will come to state, unless he wants a different kind of offense. He knows what he?s coming into here but he also knows he will have to do it vs the best defenses in the country.

I did think he?d be an asset if for nothing else than giving KT and Mayden a mentor or helping wr s joes system.

Personally I think KT still has some growing up to do as a leader. Mayden probably isn?t there yet either, but his passing is better than KT and I think Stevens is better than both for the time being.

I am not that concerned if we don?t get him but I think it will be worth a win or two if we do get him.

He won?t cure all our wide receiver problems.

Jarius
05-07-2019, 12:54 AM
Our fans were mad that we were going after a qb with no offers and now they are mad that he has more offers and has not jumped all over our offer. Some of you just have a problem with the situation and are going to bitch and moan no matter how it turns out. Every single pay site recruiting guy thinks he is coming to MSU. Let the situation play out.

DancingRabbit
05-07-2019, 01:17 AM
Considering he took their RB coach and QB coach with him to MSU most Penn State folks speak pretty highly of Coach Joe. In the bottom of the barrel internet trash that twitter can be, you see relatively few negative jabs from anyone. If Stevens and his family are pretty comfortable with Joe going back 3 years and there's nothing public to indicate otherwise, then I think we're in the lead.

All this crap about which school will guarantee him the starting job and which ones won't is just fans and media.

I think Stevens and his family want their choice to appear well-researched and reasonable. Why not take the visits? Aren't we set up as last? Sounds good.

Cooterpoot
05-07-2019, 06:02 AM
Sorry I just disagree. This stinks of Stoops being greedy and wanting to stack his bench while ignoring what Stevens clearly is asking for from a team. Don't add him if someone else is still the heavy favorite to start game 1. If Moorhead loses this head to head recruiting battle vs Stoops it ain't a good sign. Might be worse than Brooks losing his own son but at least that was UNC basketball and not Kentucky football with an already entrenched Qb.

And you?re wrong, yet again.

Dawgfan77
05-07-2019, 07:04 AM
Considering he took their RB coach and QB coach with him to MSU most Penn State folks speak pretty highly of Coach Joe. In the bottom of the barrel internet trash that twitter can be, you see relatively few negative jabs from anyone. If Stevens and his family are pretty comfortable with Joe going back 3 years and there's nothing public to indicate otherwise, then I think we're in the lead.

All this crap about which school will guarantee him the starting job and which ones won't is just fans and media.

I think Stevens and his family want their choice to appear well-researched and reasonable. Why not take the visits? Aren't we set up as last? Sounds good.

Joe didn?t bring the QB coach with him. Briner was the HC at Fordham

basedog
05-07-2019, 07:52 AM

See I told y'all IF Stevens doesn't come their would be major meltdown**

I will say it's crazy just because a kid has been at a school with another coach that it looks bad IF he doesn't come to Msu. Maybe he thinks he can't beat out KT if so. Maybe he doesn't want to be in "Trump Country". Maybe he doesn't like the hot weather in the South. It could be anything including in doesn't like academics he would pursue.

Just saying.

RiverCityDawg
05-07-2019, 08:36 AM

I will say it's crazy just because a kid has been at a school with another coach that it looks bad IF he doesn't come to Msu. Maybe he thinks he can't beat out KT if so. Maybe he doesn't want to be in "Trump Country". Maybe he doesn't like the hot weather in the South. It could be anything including in doesn't like academics he would pursue.

Just saying.

Now you're just rambling.

basedog
05-07-2019, 08:43 AM
Now you're just rambling.

Yep, trying to catch up on post counts**

Actually I'm doing what many do**

It does get boring***

OK I'M done on this. Thanks for reminding me, please pass the word to others*

TrapGame
05-07-2019, 08:44 AM

Just saying.

And y'all thought I was freaking out.

Dawg61
05-07-2019, 09:42 AM
And you?re wrong, yet again.

Who are you again? Add something to a conversation for once.

Political Hack
05-07-2019, 11:22 AM
With the new transfer rules this is going to happen kore and more. Better get used to it. It seems weird to us now, but this will be an annual rotation from here on out. Transfers will be popping up everywhere.

bulldawg28
05-07-2019, 11:25 AM
This is good for the kids imo.

Bothrops
05-07-2019, 11:37 AM
With the new transfer rules this is going to happen kore and more. Better get used to it. It seems weird to us now, but this will be an annual rotation from here on out. Transfers will be popping up everywhere.

College football is about to become a big joke, on top of being a corrupt business run by the media's top programs.

deadheaddawg
05-07-2019, 12:23 PM
I love how a lot of the "we should not pay players" crowd is also upset about the transfer issue. Which is so hypocritical. They always whine and melt about amateurism and how the players "get a free education". They Act like the kids are important. Yet if a kid wants to transfer to another college, TO HELP HIS FUTURE, those same people bitch about that. At lease be consistent. IF it is actually about the student athlete, and we should not pay them because education is what is important, then the kids should be allowed to transfer immediately. If we are going to hide behind this BS about student athletes, so we dont have to pay them, then actually step up and let them make the best decision for THEIR future. Remember that is what college is about. Preparing these kids for a future outside of school.

But its not actually about the athletes. Lots of yall want to bitch about the NCAA, well take a look in the mirror. You are the one with screwed up priorities.

timotheus
05-07-2019, 12:29 PM
oh lawd i'm starting to maybe believe why u chose that screen name.

Really Clark?
05-07-2019, 01:03 PM
I love how a lot of the "we should not pay players" crowd is also upset about the transfer issue. Which is so hypocritical. They always whine and melt about amateurism and how the players "get a free education". They Act like the kids are important. Yet if a kid wants to transfer to another college, TO HELP HIS FUTURE, those same people bitch about that. At lease be consistent. IF it is actually about the student athlete, and we should not pay them because education is what is important, then the kids should be allowed to transfer immediately. If we are going to hide behind this BS about student athletes, so we dont have to pay them, then actually step up and let them make the best decision for THEIR future. Remember that is what college is about. Preparing these kids for a future outside of school.

But its not actually about the athletes. Lots of yall want to bitch about the NCAA, well take a look in the mirror. You are the one with screwed up priorities.

Man that’s a broad net your casting with that assumption. I know I, and many many others, who rather it stay amateur (or be a minor league that’s regulated with a strict flat pay structure across the board) and have never had an issue with grad transfers. Or transfers in general. Now the NCAA waving sitting out for non-grads is another issue altogether but I don’t think it is nearly as cut and dry and blanket as you make it. Especially for grad transfers. I think the majority I’ve seen over the years are fine with them

Political Hack
05-07-2019, 01:33 PM
College football is about to become a big joke, on top of being a corrupt business run by the media's top programs.

My interest level has went from 201% in to "I'll DVR one game on Saturday and watch it when I get home. Nobody text me about the game please." I actually enjoy high school ball more now.

bulldawg28
05-07-2019, 02:17 PM
My interest level has went from 201% in to "I'll DVR one game on Saturday and watch it when I get home. Nobody text me about the game please." I actually enjoy high school ball more now.

That's just the Saban effect

Political Hack
05-07-2019, 03:34 PM
That's just the Saban effect

Lol. That's part of it for sure. Mullen ran. No doubt in my mind. He reportedly told Keemun after Dak left that if he couldn't win a national title at State with Dak he won't be able to win one. If that's true, that was the beginning of the end for his tenure. Add to it that he left for a place that his wife swore they'd never return to, and you can tell something soured.

He would've won it with Cam. He could've possibly won it with Dak if not for Saban and Ole Miss cheating so egregiously in recruiting.

bulldawg28
05-07-2019, 03:40 PM
Lol. That's part of it for sure. Mullen ran. No doubt in my mind. He reportedly told Keemun after Dak left that if he couldn't win a national title at State with Dak he won't be able to win one. If that's true, that was the beginning of the end for his tenure. Add to it that he left for a place that his wife swore they'd never return to, and you can tell something soured.

He would've won it with Cam. He could've possibly won it with Dak if not for Saban and Ole Miss cheating so egregiously in recruiting.

Agreed. I'm convinced he would have made the playoffs last year.

tcdog70
05-07-2019, 03:51 PM
it is pretty simple--you want your head Coach to go out and get the most talent he can. Now it makes sense if you can get transfers to come on board, then that is what you do. Tommy come on down to the Bulldogs and if you can beat out KT-have at it. I don't want a HC that isn't going to everything possible to bring in better players. If someone's feeling gets hurt-tough shit. earn your position or move over--this ain't coach pitch and we don't issue participation TROPHYS.

RougeDawg
05-07-2019, 06:57 PM

Dan did not and does not have the gonads for that. If he had them, he would have gotten a BCS Trophy.

RougeDawg
05-07-2019, 07:02 PM
When does he make a decision?

Turfdawg67
05-07-2019, 08:01 PM

And KT didn't get a chance because he was behind a record setting QB...

Turfdawg67
05-07-2019, 08:03 PM

What say ye IYOK

It's not you...

https://i.postimg.cc/3wStsgxW/EB2-E079-E-BBC7-470-E-9-D66-553-D3-A9259-BC.gif

Ifyouonlyknew
05-07-2019, 08:27 PM
And KT didn't get a chance because he was behind a record setting QB...

He had this spring & obviously he didn't run away with the job. For the life of me I can't see how this can be perceived as a bad thing if he came to MSU. I'm not understanding the logic.

Turfdawg67
05-07-2019, 08:31 PM
He can come or not... I won't lose sleep over a 3*, 3 year non-starter who's become some sort of savior for our program. I don't get the 5 page threads twice a week.

Really Clark?
05-07-2019, 08:51 PM
He can come or not... I won't lose sleep over a 3*, 3 year non-starter who's become some sort of savior for our program. I don't get the 5 page threads twice a week.

There haven’t been anyone saying he is the savior of our program. That’s a huge stretch.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-07-2019, 08:55 PM

Nobody has said he's a savior. You have no problem participating in these 5 page threads.

Todd4State
05-07-2019, 09:03 PM
There haven’t been anyone saying he is the savior of our program. That’s a huge stretch.

Nobody has said he's a savior. You have no problem participating in these 5 page threads.

It's like people rehash the same narrative over and over. "Stop acting like he's the savior of our program".

Most people I see are changing predictions for 6-7 wins to maybe 8-9.

BuckyIsAB****
05-07-2019, 09:46 PM
I thought he was coming but I heard today that we are not counting on it. Take it for what its worth to you

Jarius
05-07-2019, 10:22 PM

You really do not get why we are having big long threads about a guy who is not on the roster but is more than likely going to be our qb in 4 months? I do not know what to tell you other than that is a big deal, whether he is a savior or not.

Also, no one expects him to be a savior. Most just expect him to be better than what we currently have.

Dawg61
05-07-2019, 10:25 PM

Mullen got broken by Ole Miss, Hugh Freeze and the NCAA investigation shit. He lost total interest in sticking around after all that drama went down. Ole Miss was a drowning man trying to take Mullen down with them and they did.

Todd4State
05-07-2019, 10:41 PM
I thought he was coming but I heard today that we are not counting on it. Take it for what its worth to you

Typical. We get interest in someone and then someone comes in at the last minute and sweeps them off of their feet.

Todd4State
05-07-2019, 10:47 PM
Mullen got broken by Ole Miss, Hugh Freeze and the NCAA investigation shit. He lost total interest in sticking around after all that drama went down. Ole Miss was a drowning man trying to take Mullen down with them and they did.

I think at the end of the day was just looking to further his career. I figure in about three years from now or less Florida fans are going to get tired of Dan looking to jump to the NFL while their season is still going on.

The problem is at MSU we expect our coaches to become "family"- which is not a bad thing at all- but when the harsh reality is that our coaches are actually doing a job and not invested in MSU like we are it hurts some of our fans feelings.

Ole Miss didn't "take him down" at all. He left us an 8 win team that later won the Gator Bowl and he ended up with a blueblood SEC job. Hugh Freeze is at Liberty.

HoopsDawg
05-07-2019, 10:52 PM

Your sources have been consistently wrong.

Dawgcap
05-07-2019, 11:06 PM
Not gonna read through the whole thread but if Moorhead thought we were doomed I’m thinking he guaranteed him the moon, or maybe he’s not that good to win the spot. We are what we are. I trust the staff to make improvements. If he signs I think we have bigger issues than if he doesn’t. But I will still go into to next year with my rose colored glasses. Unlike some of y’all my optimism will abound. If you wanna be miserable now have at it I will wait till it happens. At least I have till September. What about you?

BuckyIsAB****
05-07-2019, 11:59 PM
Your sources have been consistently wrong.

If by my sources being wrong you mean one recruit making a decision the night before signing day then sure bro

BuckyIsAB****
05-08-2019, 12:00 AM
Typical. We get interest in someone and then someone comes in at the last minute and sweeps them off of their feet.

He visits here later this week. I think not counting on it is a great plan by the staff, its better than planning on him showing up then we dont get him and we are in trouble

Jarius
05-08-2019, 12:03 AM

The latest by the pay site guys is that they still expect him.

BuckyIsAB****
05-08-2019, 12:06 AM
The latest by the pay site guys is that they still expect him.

I didnt hear that from a coach on staff but it was from someone close to our QB coach. Like I've said take it for what its worth. I think we want and need him and that he can help us Im all for taking him, its a 1 year deal so it wont hurt our recruits and worst case he pushes KT to be better, best case he makes the difference in conference play this year. Win win if you ask me

Jarius
05-08-2019, 12:52 AM
I didnt hear that from a coach on staff but it was from someone close to our QB coach. Like I've said take it for what its worth. I think we want and need him and that he can help us Im all for taking him, its a 1 year deal so it wont hurt our recruits and worst case he pushes KT to be better, best case he makes the difference in conference play this year. Win win if you ask me

I appreciate you sharing what you’ve heard.

Ari Gold
05-08-2019, 08:53 AM

Yeah it sucks that this staff thinks by brining in a QB Could make this team better.
Enough with the star stuff when you are talking about a kid out of high school for 3 years I get it sometimes rankings are correct ( Trevor Lawrence) and sometimes they aren’t even close ( Baker Mayfield) .. and it takes someone bouncing around a little to find the best fit. ( Gardner Minshew)

Once again if this move helps the team , EVERYONE should be behind it..I don’t understand why that is so hard to understand

deadheaddawg
05-08-2019, 09:00 AM
Everyone should be behind it. Nobody here is involved with the program like Moorhead is. Nobody here has spent time working with Stevens and KT. So all these people who have made up their mind that KT is better are idiots

And I honestly believe the only reason some people are not behind it, is they have made their stance on Moorhead and they will not be objective going forward.

Some people here want Moorhead to fail now just so they can say "I told you so".

HoopsDawg
05-08-2019, 09:06 AM
If by my sources being wrong you mean one recruit making a decision the night before signing day then sure bro

Just scan through last years recruiting thread. It's pretty funny.

RezDog7
05-08-2019, 09:31 AM
Everyone should be behind it. Nobody here is involved with the program like Moorhead is. Nobody here has spent time working with Stevens and KT. So all these people who have made up their mind that KT is better are idiots

And I honestly believe the only reason some people are not behind it, is they have made their stance on Moorhead and they will not be objective going forward.

Some people here want Moorhead to fail now just so they can say "I told you so".

This

Ari Gold
05-08-2019, 12:00 PM

You make too much sense ...

TrapGame
05-08-2019, 04:21 PM
Rosebowl saying Stevens has not been offered yet.

msstate7
05-08-2019, 04:30 PM

If he doesn't get offered, I'm gonna take that as joe believes in key, not the other way haha

DancingRabbit
05-08-2019, 04:32 PM

Seems like that would happen face-to-face. I'm sure Joe has let them know that we're very interested and scheduled the visit.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-08-2019, 04:35 PM

We never offered kelly Bryant either.

chef dixon
05-08-2019, 06:59 PM
Terry Wilson is not a good QB.

BuckyIsAB****
05-08-2019, 11:21 PM
Just scan through last years recruiting thread. It's pretty funny.

Yeah I was big on Mingo. Sucks we didnt get him but we did all we could.. Other than that was shots in the dark. You can believe me or not, its why I said take it for what its worth to you.

Cowbell
05-08-2019, 11:30 PM
Yeah I was big on Mingo. Sucks we didnt get him but we did all we could.. Other than that was shots in the dark. You can believe me or not, its why I said take it for what its worth to you.

Thanks for the info Bucky! Always appreciate it. Keep bringing.

Jarius
05-09-2019, 05:32 AM

He's proven a lot more than KT has, leading his team to a 10 win season. If Stevens isn't scared of that competition I highly doubt he is scared of KT, and he knows Joe and our system much better than he knows Kentucky's at this point.

smootness
05-09-2019, 08:56 AM

For Tommy Stevens?

Johnson85
05-09-2019, 09:48 AM
For Tommy Stevens?

I would say yes, if it's an actual upgrade at QB. Even if Stevens is just average, if he is an upgrade for us, that makes it even more important that we get him b/c the alternative is having a below average QB, which will potentially kill our season.

I have no opinion or knowledge on whether he is an upgrade, but if he is, it's worth pulling out the stops for b/c a second season being significantly worse than the first will make it really hard on Moorhead in recruiting.

RiverCityDawg
05-09-2019, 10:29 AM
I would say yes, if it's an actual upgrade at QB. Even if Stevens is just average, if he is an upgrade for us, that makes it even more important that we get him b/c the alternative is having a below average QB, which will potentially kill our season.

I have no opinion or knowledge on whether he is an upgrade, but if he is, it's worth pulling out the stops for b/c a second season being significantly worse than the first will make it really hard on Moorhead in recruiting.

Perhaps the thought behind the question is we don't have to have a cigar boy meeting for Tommy Stevens. He's ours if we want him. I imagine we make it all official on the visit today/tomorrow or over the weekend.

Johnson85
05-09-2019, 11:34 AM
Perhaps the thought behind the question is we don't have to have a cigar boy meeting for Tommy Stevens. He's ours if we want him. I imagine we make it all official on the visit today/tomorrow or over the weekend.

Possibly. I interpreted as being incredulous that we would bring out the cigar boys for a grad transfer recruit that is not particularly heralded.

chef dixon
05-09-2019, 11:37 AM
He's proven a lot more than KT has, leading his team to a 10 win season. If Stevens isn't scared of that competition I highly doubt he is scared of KT, and he knows Joe and our system much better than he knows Kentucky's at this point.

We get it you don?t like KT. I did not even mention him. Kentucky was carried by defense and Snell. Wilson I believe even got benched at one point.

HoopsDawg
05-09-2019, 12:01 PM

yeah, that's fine. It's just that you present yourself as an insider. You make a lot of posts that are presented as facts or based on some sort of inside info. But you clearly have no more knowledge than any random poster on this board. And you are wrong....a lot.

Jarius
05-09-2019, 12:01 PM
We get it you don?t like KT. I did not even mention him. Kentucky was carried by defense and Snell. Wilson I believe even got benched at one point.

Whether you mentioned KT or not is irrelevant to the conversation. The point is if he is looking for a clear path to the starting qb position we have a lot less proven qb than Kentucky, and yes Kentucky’s qb is not very good and the defense carried them. Just like our team last year. The same team that our current qb could not even do well enough to push for pt on when our starter was playing terrible.

smootness
05-09-2019, 12:22 PM
Possibly. I interpreted as being incredulous that we would bring out the cigar boys for a grad transfer recruit that is not particularly heralded.

It was this and the comparison to Cam Newton. This guy was less heralded out of HS than literally every other QB we have on campus, and he's shown nothing in college. So why, exactly, do we think he's so important?

Johnson85
05-09-2019, 12:28 PM
It was this and the comparison to Cam Newton. This guy was less heralded out of HS than literally every other QB we have on campus, and he's shown nothing in college. So why, exactly, do we think he's so important?

If you can upgrade your QB starter, that's extremely important. And if our head coach thinks a guy that was not well thought of out of high school and has shown nothing in college is still an upgrade, that probably means our QB situation isn't great and that means it's even more important that we get him as compared to upgrading from say pretty good to good.

Again, no knowledge on whether he is an upgrade. I assume if Moorhead can't tell him he'll likely be the starter based on his ability and knowledge of the offense that Stevens won't consider us. I would be sort of surprised if he took a visit to us if Moorhead couldn't tell him that, but he's going to UK also, and I doubt Stoops can tell him that, so maybe Stevens is less interested in a "guarantee" than most people assume.

DancingRabbit
05-09-2019, 03:06 PM
Stevens has apparently arrived in Vegas since posted a pic of Davis Wade earlier today.

RezDog7
05-09-2019, 03:11 PM

Just because a kid is heralded in high school means it will translate in college. Do watch practice a lot? Maybe the head coach of our football team knows something you don't. Maybe you should stick to building the perfect QB on NCAA football.

Dawgology
05-09-2019, 03:20 PM
As stated before: He's definitely better than the unused scholarship he'll be taking.

NCDawg
05-09-2019, 03:32 PM

He threw some good passes against Florida, and made a good TD run to beat them. Also, he didn't play that badly against us, although our team was totally out of sync that night.

gravedigger
05-09-2019, 03:35 PM
Yeah it sucks that this staff thinks by brining in a QB Could make this team better.
Enough with the star stuff when you are talking about a kid out of high school for 3 years I get it sometimes rankings are correct ( Trevor Lawrence) and sometimes they aren’t even close ( Baker Mayfield) .. and it takes someone bouncing around a little to find the best fit. ( Gardner Minshew)

Once again if this move helps the team , EVERYONE should be behind it..I don’t understand why that is so hard to understand

Turf isnt saying we SHOULDNT bring him in. He's saying the kids credentials dont warrant the amount of posts.

And that isnt hard to understand at all.

RiverCityDawg
05-09-2019, 03:42 PM
Turf isnt saying we SHOULDNT bring him in. He's saying the kids credentials dont warrant the amount of posts.

And that isnt hard to understand at all.

Actually it's very hard to understand. Post count doesn't equal value of a persons credentials or ability, it's about interest level. If you don't think a potential different starter at the most important position on any State team on campus should warrant this amount of posts, I'm not sure what to tell you. So, yes, that comment is hard to understand. Also, it's May so there isn't a lot of other football news to discuss on these sports message boards that are based around football as the most popular sport.

TrapGame
05-09-2019, 03:55 PM
https://www.collegian.psu.edu/football/article_5a85c54c-728d-11e9-8901-7305027b7e29.html

Tommy Stevens is here.

gravedigger
05-09-2019, 03:56 PM
Actually it's very hard to understand. Post count doesn't equal value of a persons credentials or ability, it's about interest level. If you don't think a potential different starter at the most important position on any State team on campus should warrant this amount of posts, I'm not sure what to tell you. So, yes, that comment is hard to understand. Also, it's May so there isn't a lot of other football news to discuss on these sports message boards that are based around football as the most popular sport.

So just to make sure I understand you.......someone makes the statement that the players credentials dont warrant the amount of discussion....and that is hard to understand? The length and intensity of the discussion absolutely does indicate just how important people find this particular subject is.

I think you may have hit on what is inherently wrong with the whole board in the first place. Everyone doesnt place the same amount of importance on any one issue.

It's one thing to say, "I dont find that very interesting" and state your reasons because we are all fairly unique.......but it's quite another to say "I dont know why YOU dont find that interesting". That's hubris. And ultimately the disease that ruins discussion.

DancingRabbit
05-09-2019, 04:10 PM
So just to make sure I understand you.......someone makes the statement that the players credentials dont warrant the amount of discussion....and that is hard to understand? The length and intensity of the discussion absolutely does indicate just how important people find this particular subject is.

I think you may have hit on what is inherently wrong with the whole board in the first place. Everyone doesnt place the same amount of importance on any one issue.

It's one thing to say, "I dont find that very interesting" and state your reasons because we are all fairly unique.......but it's quite another to say "I dont know why YOU dont find that interesting". That's hubris. And ultimately the disease that ruins discussion.

We have a 12 page thread on Homer Simpson snoring. If his credentials were higher, then maybe there would be less posts dogging him and less debate.

While he may not be a super star, it seems like a no-brainer to bring him in. Why not talk about it? We haven't had many of these grad transfers, have we? I like football and anything to talk about besides another bitchfest is good with me.

gravedigger
05-09-2019, 04:19 PM
We have a 12 page thread on Homer Simpson snoring. If his credentials were higher, then maybe there would be less posts dogging him and less debate.

While he may not be a super star, it seems like a no-brainer to bring him in. Why not talk about it? We haven't had many of these grad transfers, have we? I like football and anything to talk about besides another bitchfest is good with me.

Oh I'm personally fine with talking about it. As a matter of fact, I think the kid can add to our team in many more ways than statistics.

I just also understand why some dont think it warrants the amount of discussion. And some cannot fathom that whatsoever.

RiverCityDawg
05-09-2019, 08:47 PM

In that case here's something else you shouldn't find hard to understand... I'm not interested in a deep discourse and discussion on hubris, discussion's poor immune system and the flaws of this message board.

My point is simply that post count isn't a reflection of a player's credentials it's about interest level. People post here about things they are interested in, namely MSU sports with football being the most popular sport and quarterback being the highest profile and most important position on the team. If you don't think interest level should be high in regards to news that we will have a different starting quarterback from what we all thought a month ago, I don't really know why you are on this board. For people to post here they must be die-hard fans. It's hard for me to understand that a die-hard fan would not care who we have at QB. But even if not, why post in the thread about it? Just to put down the player? Okay, cool. Not the point.

BuckyIsAB****
05-09-2019, 10:27 PM
yeah, that's fine. It's just that you present yourself as an insider. You make a lot of posts that are presented as facts or based on some sort of inside info. But you clearly have no more knowledge than any random poster on this board. And you are wrong....a lot.

Sure...except show me where I have ever said I was an insider. I clearly stated, take it for what its worth to you.

Jarius
05-10-2019, 12:40 AM
Oh I'm personally fine with talking about it. As a matter of fact, I think the kid can add to our team in many more ways than statistics.

I just also understand why some dont think it warrants the amount of discussion. And some cannot fathom that whatsoever.

There is nothing stopping people that are not interested in the player or the situation to simply not post in the threads about it. Telling a bunch of die hard SEC football fans that you do not understand why they are discussing their soon to be starting quarterback that has not made it to campus less than 4 months from kickoff is going to get you the internet version of people staring at you like you have a penis on your forehead every single time. It really should not be hard to grasp on why this is a hot topic.

gravedigger
05-10-2019, 03:33 AM
There is nothing stopping people that are not interested in the player or the situation to simply not post in the threads about it. Telling a bunch of die hard SEC football fans that you do not understand why they are discussing their soon to be starting quarterback that has not made it to campus less than 4 months from kickoff is going to get you the internet version of people staring at you like you have a penis on your forehead every single time. It really should not be hard to grasp on why this is a hot topic.

Gotcha. So that is your way of saying that SOMEONE ELSE is strange for not placing the same amount of importance on a subject as you do.

Your evidence? A lot of people agree with you.

Jarius
05-10-2019, 03:52 AM
Gotcha. So that is your way of saying that SOMEONE ELSE is strange for not placing the same amount of importance on a subject as you do.

Your evidence? A lot of people agree with you.

It is not strange at all that they don’t care as much. It is strange that they don’t have the common sense to figure out why everyone else does. No one is asking them to give a shit.

BuckyIsAB****
05-10-2019, 05:18 PM
Things are now trending in our direction with him I believe. Wish we had a home baseball series for him to go to this weekend but its whatever

Homedawg
05-10-2019, 05:45 PM
He threw some good passes against Florida, and made a good TD run to beat them. Also, he didn't play that badly against us, although our team was totally out of sync that night.

That guy isn't good. At all. At least at present

HoopsDawg
05-10-2019, 05:46 PM
Things are now trending in our direction with him I believe. Wish we had a home baseball series for him to go to this weekend but its whatever

This is inaccurate. Things were already trending in our direction.

BuckyIsAB****
05-10-2019, 09:04 PM
This is inaccurate. Things were already trending in our direction.

Ok good

Coach007
05-10-2019, 10:44 PM
It's a done deal at this point

preachermatt83
05-10-2019, 10:57 PM

I agree

RougeDawg
05-10-2019, 11:53 PM

If we can land him, it will be pretty big for reasons other than can be reported at this time.

preachermatt83
05-11-2019, 12:03 AM
If we can land him, it will be pretty big for reasons other than can be reported at this time.

Yup

bulldawg28
05-11-2019, 06:00 AM

You just reported it.

Walkerhill
05-11-2019, 06:12 AM

I don’t follow. Is it possible to pm?

Turfdawg67
05-11-2019, 10:30 AM

I'll tell you what... if Jake Fromm enters the transfer portal and has interest in MSU, at the most important position on the team, I'll "be a real fan" and get excited.

Dawgology
05-11-2019, 11:17 AM
Yup

Mystery...intrigue...and general statements.

Landing Tommy Stevens will get us Tommy Stevens. Any other recruit slow playing us will sign with Bama, Auburn, or LSU. Or they will take Ole Miss?s pay check. Nothing changes under the sun.

msstate7
05-11-2019, 11:30 AM
Are we the last scheduled visit?

Coach007
05-11-2019, 11:52 AM
Are we the last scheduled visit?

He has one more should he decide to schedule one. As of now, we were his last.

RiverCityDawg
05-11-2019, 03:37 PM
I'll tell you what... if Jake Fromm enters the transfer portal and has interest in MSU, at the most important position on the team, I'll "be a real fan" and get excited.

Serious question - As a fan, why would you not be interested in the fact that we will have a different starting quarterback from what we thought a month ago? Not only a different one, but a guy not even on the roster, a guy that has 3 years experience in this very offensive system and a guy that was likely going to be the starting QB for the Power 5 team he is leaving?