PDA

View Full Version : Pitching Rotation for 2020 Season

ZedFedder
05-06-2019, 02:32 PM
I am enjoying this year, but I thought it would be fun for us to try to project our three weekend guys with a midweek starter for next year. What do you guys think? Here is mine.

Friday: Ginn
Saturday: Cerantola (Think he makes a big jump with a full offseason and summer)
Sunday: Christian MacLeod (Everyone raved over him before he got sick)
Midweek: Landon Sims (if he comes to school) or Jack Eagan

I think Keegan James will move full time to bullpen.

MetEdDawg
05-06-2019, 02:37 PM
I would say Ginn, MacLeod, then TBD.

I have zero confidence in Cerantola. Major control issues are hard to fix. Not small control issues. Major control issues. It's one thing if your delivery has you consistently missing down or out, but when you throw back to back pitches that are 5+ feet away from each other multiple times, you've got some work to do. I hope he can contribute and that I'm wrong, but I don't trust him and won't until he's proven he can handle it.

I like Eagan potentially as a starter. Would pull a lefty out of the bullpen, but I think he's got good stuff.

CadaverDawg
05-06-2019, 02:53 PM
I would say Ginn, MacLeod, then TBD.

I have zero confidence in Cerantola. Major control issues are hard to fix. Not small control issues. Major control issues. It's one thing if your delivery has you consistently missing down or out, but when you throw back to back pitches that are 5+ feet away from each other multiple times, you've got some work to do. I hope he can contribute and that I'm wrong, but I don't trust him and won't until he's proven he can handle it.

I like Eagan potentially as a starter. Would pull a lefty out of the bullpen, but I think he's got good stuff.

Cerantola is a lot like Small in my opinion. He's been praised his whole life for his velocity, but he has to learn that 91-94 mph with control is better than 99 mph without it. Once he stops letting that adrenaline affect him so much, he'll quit being so obsessed with showing how hard he can throw it and start controlling it more. It may take him a year or two, but his ceiling is probably higher than Small's if it does click at some point

timotheus
05-06-2019, 03:34 PM
Don't count out juco lefty Houston Harding. He will pitch and be used quite a bit.

ShotgunDawg
05-06-2019, 03:36 PM
Cerantola is the wild-card.

If he reaches his potential, we could have another natty type team

The Federalist Engineer
05-06-2019, 03:38 PM
Ginn, Smith, and MacLeod if I just throw a wild ass guess

Cerantola could make a big leap

Price and Self hopefully make a huge leap due to better health and experience. Both have All American performance history.

Todd4State
05-06-2019, 04:00 PM
Ginn, MacLeoud, and Cerentola would be my favorites with Brandon Smith, Tyler Spring, Davis Rokose, Landon Sims, KC Hunt, Houston Harding, and Jared Shemper also being possibilities. There will be a lot of competition for rotation spots next year.

I'm assuming Keegan James is going pro.

Todd4State
05-06-2019, 04:02 PM
Ginn, Smith, and MacLeod if I just throw a wild ass guess

Cerantola could make a big leap

Price and Self hopefully make a huge leap due to better health and experience. Both have All American performance history.

We'll have a better idea about what Cerentola and MacCleoud can give us this summer. I know MacCleoud is going to the Cape. Not sure where Cerentola is going as of now.

confucius say
05-06-2019, 04:05 PM
I think Brandon smith could be in the rotation too. I think he should throw more now honestly

Todd4State
05-06-2019, 08:51 PM
I think Brandon smith could be in the rotation too. I think he should throw more now honestly

He has struggled when extended. I do think that he is absolutely a contender for a rotation spot next year though.