PDA

View Full Version : Softball

RocketDawg
05-05-2019, 01:57 PM
I don't watch much softball, but just turned to the SECN during a lull in other things to watch. They're showing Auburn at Arkansas.

The question is ... why are there large numbers painted on the Arkansas outfield? Is that for another sport, or standard for softball and I just never noticed it before?

Really Clark?
05-05-2019, 02:43 PM
I don't watch much softball, but just turned to the SECN during a lull in other things to watch. They're showing Auburn at Arkansas.

The question is ... why are there large numbers painted on the Arkansas outfield? Is that for another sport, or standard for softball and I just never noticed it before?

Player numbers for senior day would be my guess. But no it’s not a normal thing for softball in every game

Ari Gold
05-05-2019, 02:53 PM
The SEC network will force softball down ur throat that’s for sure ...

State82
05-05-2019, 04:43 PM
The SEC network will force softball down ur throat that’s for sure ...

No doubt they will!

mparkerfd20
05-05-2019, 04:46 PM
It's more entertaining than baseball... unless the Dawgs are playing. I'll watch softball all day but really only like college baseball and SEC games that affect us. Softball I can watch any team. Guess that is from spending every weekend chasing 2 daughters playing travel ball.

the_real_MSU_is_us
05-05-2019, 05:13 PM
It's more entertaining than baseball... unless the Dawgs are playing. I'll watch softball all day but really only like college baseball and SEC games that affect us. Softball I can watch any team. Guess that is from spending every weekend chasing 2 daughters playing travel ball.

I agree. Softball has more movement and variety in the pitches, the pitchers seem to be quicker between pitches, the batters don't call time as much, the batters can do interesting stuff like slap hit, 7 innings makes every out count more than it feels like in baseball, and the field is very small so even routine grounders look very close at 1B. In baseball when the 3B field the ball he takes his time and still beats the runner by 2 feet, in softball they field and throw as fast as they can and it's out by half a step. Also, Baseball has this calm "I don't show emotion" thing, which is fine, but in softball they have no problems jumping with excitement or yelling encouragement at each other. The fans follow suit and so a softball stadium sounds as lively as a baseball one with 2x the fans in it

Dawg2003
05-05-2019, 05:19 PM
For me, softball is definitely a better product than baseball. I don't know when I last watched an entire baseball game without taking a break. 7 innings is so much better, and there isn't the nonsense with the pitcher throwing back and forth to 1st. I also love the run rule. As much as I love baseball, it could learn a few things from softball to keep it relevant.

TUSK
05-05-2019, 10:12 PM
REC doin werk....

http://www.espn.com/espnw/video/26680228/alabama-rolling-sec-tournament