PDA

View Full Version : We should have 2 road sweeps....

Thick
05-04-2019, 09:28 PM
Absolutely should have swept UT and aTm. Have to give aTm credit they put grinder us, but still should have won that game.

FriarsPoint
05-04-2019, 09:31 PM
Absolutely should have swept UT and aTm. Have to give aTm credit they put grinder us, but still should have won that game.

Let’s flip em the bird and win the whole @@@@@@@@@@@ thing.

Dawg2003
05-04-2019, 09:33 PM
Why should we have beaten TAMU today?

FriarsPoint
05-04-2019, 09:51 PM
Why should we have beaten TAMU today?

Because they won 1 game against the averages. Is what it is. Tell me you fear that team?

shoeless joe
05-04-2019, 10:13 PM
They prolly think they shoulda won 2 outta 3. It is what it is and we are what our SEC record says we are...not everybody in the league however can say that

Todd4State
05-04-2019, 10:20 PM

We've only had four-five games this year where I would say we just got our ass kicked. The other five-six were one-two run games where things didn't go our way or something weird happened.

Tbonewannabe
05-04-2019, 10:33 PM
The winning run was on the bases because the ump had his head in his ass. A&M guy was walking back to the dugout before the ump told him to go to first. Everyone saw strike 3 but the guy behind the plate. Saying that, if Gilbert did anything but hit into a double play then we run out the starter early.

Having Mangum up with the bases loaded is as much of a sure run as anything in college baseball.

FriarsPoint
05-04-2019, 10:37 PM
They prolly think they shoulda won 2 outta 3. It is what it is and we are what our SEC record says we are...not everybody in the league however can say that

Their batting averages as individuals and as a team say different.

ZedFedder
05-04-2019, 10:56 PM
In a lot of sports, but especially in baseball, you can always go back and say “we should have done this, we should have won that”. Truth is, though, we have a handful if not more wins that the losing team could say the same thing. We are what we are.

maroonmania
05-05-2019, 03:20 PM
In a lot of sports, but especially in baseball, you can always go back and say ?we should have done this, we should have won that?. Truth is, though, we have a handful if not more wins that the losing team could say the same thing. We are what we are.

When you play a game and get shutout I'm not sure how you can really say you should have won that game. Yes, we had chances to score when we didn't but so did A&M. We've only had 10 losses this year but 2 of them have been by a 1-0 score.

Lord McBuckethead
05-05-2019, 09:59 PM
When you play a game and get shutout I'm not sure how you can really say you should have won that game. Yes, we had chances to score when we didn't but so did A&M. We've only had 10 losses this year but 2 of them have been by a 1-0 score.

Yeah, but aTm really didn't have a shot, except for the one time the ump let them score. We had like 3 chances in the 1st 5 innings. We love hitting in the double play.

Thick
05-06-2019, 08:19 AM
FYI, I’m not trying to be negative. This was just a general statement regarding the 2 that we lost were pitching gens by us, and by UT and aTm. The only difference is that we didn’t give up a run to UT without the Plumlee mistake, but we also didn’t have a hit after that inning as well if I’m not mistaken. It’s easy to say this after the fact, but it’s just 2 games that we left on the table that were winnable.

ShotgunDawg
05-06-2019, 08:29 AM
FYI, I’m not trying to be negative. This was just a general statement regarding the 2 that we lost were pitching gens by us, and by UT and aTm. The only difference is that we didn’t give up a run to UT without the Plumlee mistake, but we also didn’t have a hit after that inning as well if I’m not mistaken. It’s easy to say this after the fact, but it’s just 2 games that we left on the table that were winnable.

As long as we get a national seed, it's irrelevant.

MarketingBully
05-06-2019, 09:15 AM
As long as we get a national seed, it's irrelevant.

Agreed.

BiscuitEater
05-06-2019, 10:30 AM
We should have 2 road sweeps....

We 'shoulda' won 10 football games .. We 'shoulda' not got beaten by a 12 seed in the NCAAT .. BUT I can understand NOT getting sweeps on the road.

Scared_Hitless
05-06-2019, 10:58 AM
That A&M Pitcher in the first game of the DH was dynamite. We worked counts well and had his pitch count inflated. If that is a 9 Inning game I think we get the sweep. Give them credit though that guy pitched lights out.

Thick
05-06-2019, 11:28 AM
We 'shoulda' won 10 football games .. We 'shoulda' not got beaten by a 12 seed in the NCAAT .. BUT I can understand NOT getting sweeps on the road.

So true!

QuadrupleOption
05-06-2019, 04:34 PM

"No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference."

― Tommy Lasorda

We're 15-9 in the SEC so that means we're currently 7-1 in the "other third" category with six left to play. It seems like we're getting better and better every week so I like our chances to continue the trend.