PDA

View Full Version : Yea, The Hud stuff may be being blown out of proportion...

CadaverDawg
10-22-2013, 07:55 PM
Or then again, us Hud guys may just be right on the damn money!

Looking strong against one of their league's best ON THE ROAD again.

#Hud'sNoDud*

bluelightstar
10-22-2013, 07:56 PM
Legend of Hud lives on**

preachermatt83
10-22-2013, 07:58 PM
#WEWANTHUD

DownwardDawg
10-22-2013, 08:01 PM
Bringeth the Hud

engie
10-22-2013, 08:02 PM
Line was even for this game. He was a 3 point underdog last Tuesday. This is the only Sun Belt team he hasn't already beaten. They are on the road.

Let's see if they go into stall offense and prevent defense here**

preachermatt83
10-22-2013, 08:09 PM
Line was even for this game. He was a 3 point underdog last Tuesday. This is the only Sun Belt team he hasn't already beaten. They are on the road.

Let's see if they go into stall offense and prevent defense here**

^^^ THIS

Op4isabitch
10-22-2013, 08:10 PM
I can't put my finger on it but there is something about Hud, when you watch him on the sideline coaching, it appears that he just has that it factor.

CadaverDawg
10-22-2013, 08:15 PM
Damn turnover hurt them there.

engie
10-22-2013, 08:21 PM
Momentum has turned just before the half with self-inflicted problems. Time to see how they deal with adversity....

CadaverDawg
10-22-2013, 08:21 PM
Well shit, a defensive stop, shanked punt, and now Ark State may cut this thing to 7 or less by halftime

DownwardDawg
10-22-2013, 08:25 PM
Thanks for the updates. I can't watch much of it tonight.

engie
10-22-2013, 08:26 PM
And for the 2nd straight week, they ding an opposing starting QB on a key 4th and short. Great response to adversity there.

Surprised to not see ULL taking knees here to go into halftime up 10** What is this hurry up thing we are seeing with a lead?

CadaverDawg
10-22-2013, 08:32 PM
Wow, I think I just saw enough on that drive. Being aggressive with 1:00 remaining in the half....a well executed SCREEN PASS to get in Field goal range......great clock management....and then a MADE FIELD GOAL as time expires to end the half. 20-7 Hud

DownwardDawg
10-22-2013, 08:35 PM
Wow, I think I just saw enough on that drive. Being aggressive with 1:00 remaining in the half....a well executed SCREEN PASS to get in Field goal range......great clock management....and then a MADE FIELD GOAL as time expires to end the half. 20-7 Hud

I didn't see it but that's the kind of shit I'm talking about. Mullen would have ran the clock in fear that we might "commit a costly turnover".

CadaverDawg
10-22-2013, 08:37 PM
I didn't see it but that's the kind of shit I'm talking about. Mullen would have ran the clock in fear that we might "commit a costly turnover".

No doubt. And no screen passes would have been thrown. And no field goal would have been made.

Dawg61
10-22-2013, 08:39 PM
Terrence Broadway is a poor thrower, I wonder what ULL would look like if you put Dak as QB there and kept the rest of the team the same. 13-1?

preachermatt83
10-22-2013, 08:39 PM
the difference.... Mullen plays not to lose, Hud plays to win! Bottom Line!

preachermatt83
10-22-2013, 08:40 PM
I will probably be laughed at for this but I honestly believe that the team I am watching tonight would beat MSU. Go ahead.. attack, I just see a well coached team that is getting the very most out of the talent available.

msstate7
10-22-2013, 08:43 PM
I will probably be laughed at for this but I honestly believe that the team I am watching tonight would beat MSU. Go ahead.. attack, I just see a well coached team that is getting the very most out of the talent available.
Well that isn't good since we have to go to Arkansas too. ULL lost 34-14 to the hogs

preachermatt83
10-22-2013, 08:48 PM
Well that isn't good since we have to go to Arkansas too. ULL lost 34-14 to the hogs

poor comparison, first game of the season against a team with a new coach.

msstate7
10-22-2013, 08:52 PM
poor comparison, first game of the season against a team with a new coach.

Maybe, maybe not. I like hud as a coach, but we'd beat him. We've got more talent than him. If Dan and hud had equal talent, I'm not as confident Dan wins then

BHildreth3
10-22-2013, 08:54 PM
a couple of things from just getting back to the game (sorry - Season 5 on Amazon Prime of Sons of Anarchy - wow best show on TV) - Hudspeth has some pythons for arms and at halftime the studio guy said something that was interesting - quote - "I can see why Louisiana Lafayette has won their last 4 games in a row - they have established an IDENTITY on offense", and sure does look a lot like our 2009/2010 type of run downhill offense. I sure miss that.

CadaverDawg
10-22-2013, 09:10 PM
Ha, Hud's boys just missed a chip shot field goal. Oh well

engie
10-22-2013, 09:20 PM
Ha, Hud's boys just missed a chip shot field goal. Oh well

For some reason, I knew he was going to shank that one...

HoopsDawg
10-22-2013, 09:24 PM
A school like ULL never signs a player with other BCS offers. Amazing job by Hud at this school. He can definitely identify and develop overlooked players.

Dawg61
10-22-2013, 09:26 PM
Remember Tig Barksdale? Led South Panola to 4 straight state titles as their RB. Never lost a game. He's playing FS for Hud.

KennyPowers2
10-22-2013, 09:26 PM
I think ULL would beat us.

CadaverDawg
10-22-2013, 09:47 PM
What a bullshit spot on that 3rd down. Broadway got past the marker. How did the ref miss that on replay? If I was a ULL fan I would be pissed

Dawg61
10-22-2013, 09:55 PM
ASU fans now booing their coach for punting and they're leaving the stadium. Haha Hud's got them booing their own team.

engie
10-22-2013, 09:55 PM
What a bullshit spot on that 3rd down. Broadway got past the marker. How did the ref miss that on replay? If I was a ULL fan I would be pissed

Agreed.

Will they quit now that they've faced some adversity and give up a 30 spot?**

CadaverDawg
10-22-2013, 10:13 PM
Wow, offense rushes for over 250, passes for over 200....holds ASU to under 200 yards. Impressive

engie
10-22-2013, 10:19 PM
Just another total domination in a toss-up game on the road...

It's above 50/50 that they go 10-2 at this point... Is a shame they didn't get Arky and KState later in the season after they had gelled as a team. Would think that Arky game would get really, really interesting...

CadaverDawg
10-22-2013, 10:24 PM
Just another total domination in a toss-up game on the road...

It's above 50/50 that they go 10-2 at this point... Is a shame they didn't get Arky and KState later in the season after they had gelled as a team. Would think that Arky game would get really, really interesting...

This is just a terrible situation. We need Hudspeth, but I just cannot see MSU firing a coach after 3 straight bowls, even though you and I both know it needs to happen. I am starting to get really worried that we will be sitting here two years from now watching Mullen tank against this rotating schedule, while Hudspeth is leading Georgia or somebody to a SEC Eastern Division Championship.

Just this one time MSU needs to NOT do the status quo

CadaverDawg
10-22-2013, 10:48 PM
Gentlemen, this is how you dominate one of the best teams in your conference ON THE ROAD....

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=332952032

Sorry to keep harping on this, but damn it, it's impressive as hell.

engie
10-22-2013, 10:55 PM
This is just a terrible situation. We need Hudspeth, but I just cannot see MSU firing a coach after 3 straight bowls, even though you and I both know it needs to happen. I am starting to get really worried that we will be sitting here two years from now watching Mullen tank against this rotating schedule, while Hudspeth is leading Georgia or somebody to a SEC Eastern Division Championship.

Yep. Agreed.

I'm totally in the Hud boat at this point. 100%. It's not so much what Mullen is doing wrong -- but what Hudspeth is doing right...

Dawg61
10-22-2013, 10:58 PM
Yep. Agreed.

I'm totally in the Hud boat at this point. 100%. It's not so much what Mullen is doing wrong -- but what Hudspeth is doing right...

Your window to get him is closing fast. Might be too late by Dec.

preachermatt83
10-22-2013, 11:01 PM

exactly.. let's do something preemptively for once.

engie
10-22-2013, 11:37 PM
Your window to get him is closing fast. Might be too late by Dec.

There will not be any job openings in the SEC this year unless it's ours. Hud's bread-and-butter is in MS, AL, LA, TN. I don't see him straying very far from that -- and if he does, he will be trying to get back. Proven programs still don't have to go the mid-major route -- unless they are 100% sure that is what they want. Thus leaving programs not much different than ours to try to pull and hold the guy from Louisville, Ms.

It's funny to me that we lose our minds about the prospect of cutting loose what is viewed as a successful coach for what is viewed as an upgrade -- when NC State, a mid-level program not terribly different than ours, cut loose a 7-5 coach last year prior to the bowl game. A coach who had been 9-4 and 8-5 the two previous seasons. Why? To hire the guy that went 23-4(15-1) at Northern Illinois. And there was barely a bleep about it on the national radar.

At some point, you have to decide whether you are ok with a status quo -- or if you are willing to take a risk that could move us forward. The timing is not ideal -- but Hud's continued rise is forcing our hand.

cheewgumm
10-22-2013, 11:45 PM
Amen engie. Agree with the sentiment.

I'm really finding it hard to believe that our powers will have the guts to do anything though.

hacker
10-23-2013, 12:53 PM

jesus christ you are the worst