PDA

View Full Version : Slight hitting slump

basedog
05-04-2019, 09:13 AM
Seems Westburg is taking a lot more pitches lately. I do see pitchers throwing more off speed stuff to him. He also is swinging and missing more than last few weeks which is leading to him striking out. Doesn't look confident at the plate to me, hope it comes together for him today.

Also McNamee is in a big slump the last few weeks, seems he isn't hitting the ball hard although he did hit a rocket to the third baseman yesterday.

We need for these two to get hot which I think they will. Good thing about our team as hitting goes we are solid up and down the order. I realize slumps happen, I'm just hoping these two get on a roll starting today!

Saltydog
05-04-2019, 09:21 AM
Yes, he's been slumping but Macnamee is in a worse slump right now. He's barely over .300. He's still battling that foot injury. Hasn't been the same since he injured it two or three weeks ago. We need them both back on track if we're going to make any noise in the post season.

ejdallas322
05-04-2019, 09:54 AM
It's crazy how good our team still is even when we have around 3 guys in a slump at this point.

Homedawg
05-04-2019, 11:53 AM
You are never going to have all 9 guys swinging it at the same time. Not us, not the Yankees. They'll bounce back and some others will go in a funk

basedog
05-04-2019, 12:01 PM
You are never going to have all 9 guys swinging it at the same time. Not us, not the Yankees. They'll bounce back and some others will go in a funk

Yes to this, but Westburg and McNamee bring the power punch to go with Foscue and Skelton, when those 4 are swinging good look out!

basedog
05-04-2019, 03:27 PM
Watching those two struggle today may cost us today.

1-0 probably wins the game today.

Activated Alpha
05-04-2019, 04:02 PM

Right you were. Our power hitters are really struggling to round out the conference season

Rick Danko
05-04-2019, 04:02 PM

Good call there... damn we wasted a gem from Ginn... but credit to their pitcher, he was just as effective. Dominate pitching from both, sucks we ended up on the wrong side of it.

basedog
05-04-2019, 04:22 PM
Gotta swing the bat in game 3. Aggies can pitch and probably gonna be a low scoring game.

Only thing worries me is they gained a little mo, Plumlee hasn't been as good on the road. Hope our pen is on also.