PDA

View Full Version : College station update............. first off let me say Aggie fans are wierd as hell

99jc
05-04-2019, 05:44 AM
I immensely enjoyed their pain as the perfect game progressed. Ethan Small was the man. I like we play 2- 7 innings today and look for Ginn to dominate. A lot of State fans here...Ballpark is nice but comparing The Dude with this place is like filet to hamburger steak. Hail State.

TNDawg35
05-04-2019, 05:57 AM
I noticed watching on tv where when Leibelt lost the No-No, they showed their fans and they were cheering and one dude was making a motion like he was crying ( making fun of us)My wife looked at me and said, why is he doing that? They are down 4-0... I said welcome to Texas A&am.....

drummerdawg
05-04-2019, 07:46 AM
They definitely do some weird stuff but they're typically good people and fans.

KOdawg1
05-04-2019, 07:52 AM
I noticed watching on tv where when Leibelt lost the No-No, they showed their fans and they were cheering and one dude was making a motion like he was crying ( making fun of us)My wife looked at me and said, why is he doing that? They are down 4-0... I said welcome to Texas A&am.....
I saw that too

viverlibre
05-04-2019, 05:14 PM
They definitely do some weird stuff but they're typically good people and fans.

Auburn fans are MSU fans are with slightly better credit, TAMU fans are MSU fans with much better credit.

Hambone
05-04-2019, 06:01 PM
Auburn fans are MSU fans are with slightly better credit, TAMU fans are MSU fans with much better credit.

I don’t understand your logic at all.

viverlibre
05-04-2019, 07:07 PM
I don?t understand your logic at all.

Similar schools/fan bases (known for ag/engineering), Auburn has more money and richer alums than MSU, but TAMU is financially much better off than both.

AlSwearengen
05-04-2019, 07:26 PM
What is with the bubbles? And what are they using to blow them? Looked like a frog looking machine.

basedog
05-04-2019, 07:35 PM
What is with the bubbles? And what are they using to blow them? Looked like a frog looking machine.

Nerds being nerds!

gravedigger
05-04-2019, 07:52 PM
Perhaps we who ring a bell that goes around a cows neck as a tradition might want to consider that before deeming something or someone else as weird.

DancingRabbit
05-04-2019, 09:00 PM

dickiedawg
05-04-2019, 09:17 PM
I thought the Raggies did a good job. Wish our fans did more to impact the games.

Dawg2003
05-04-2019, 09:35 PM
Perhaps we who ring a bell that goes around a cows neck as a tradition might want to consider that before deeming something or someone else as weird.

Was gonna say the same thing. We literally have rednecks with cowbells. It would be good to show some self-awareness.

DancingRabbit
05-04-2019, 09:47 PM
Was gonna say the same thing. We literally have rednecks with cowbells. It would be good to show some self-awareness.

Wait, what?

Dawg2003
05-04-2019, 10:06 PM
Wait, what?

We have rednecks that ring cowbells. Not all our fans are rednecks, but some are. I have nothing against rednecks by the way, but we have no room to make fun of anyone else when we are ringing cowbells.

BulldogtheMS
05-05-2019, 06:59 AM
We have rednecks that ring cowbells. Not all our fans are rednecks, but some are. I have nothing against rednecks by the way, but we have no room to make fun of anyone else when we are ringing cowbells.

Get the hell out of here with this sh!t. We have been nationally recognized for our fan base at the dude. You must not attend any games.

basedog
05-05-2019, 07:00 AM

Hmm, blowing bubbles is pretty soft, ringing cowbells is making music***

Fact is their fans are soft, students act like girls*** LOL

In saying this, they have a pretty good overall supportive fan base.

AlSwearengen
05-05-2019, 07:40 AM
I thought the Raggies did a good job. Wish our fans did more to impact the games.

Yeah, I remember when I was young, our baseball fans were rowdy as hell. I remember people standing next to the bullpen screaming at the top of their lungs at the next pitcher going into the game. A lot more fan generated hell raising. We still have one of the best fan bases, obviously, but I think we wait for the team to get us going these days compared to the past.

Ari Gold
05-05-2019, 09:29 AM
Similar schools/fan bases (known for ag/engineering), Auburn has more money and richer alums than MSU, but TAMU is financially much better off than both.

I’m going to guess Texas AM Has the richest Alum base in the SEC

Ari Gold
05-05-2019, 09:31 AM
AM is a weird place period....
doesn’t mean they are assholes , just weird ****ers.

Dawg2003
05-05-2019, 10:05 AM
Get the hell out of here with this sh!t. We have been nationally recognized for our fan base at the dude. You must not attend any games.

Oh, I will stay right here.

Dawg2003
05-05-2019, 10:11 AM
Hmm, blowing bubbles is pretty soft, ringing cowbells is making music***

Fact is their fans are soft, students act like girls*** LOL

In saying this, they have a pretty good overall supportive fan base.

Growing up, my dad actually wouldn't let us have a cowbell because he hated how loud they were, but I have several now. I never bring them to games though because they are too loud for me in big crowds. I just laugh a little when we make fun of another school's traditions because ours are interesting to say the least. The bubbles are lame though.

basedog
05-05-2019, 10:26 AM
Growing up, my dad actually wouldn't let us have a cowbell because he hated how loud they were, but I have several now. I never bring them to games though because they are too loud for me in big crowds. I just laugh a little when we make fun of another school's traditions because ours are interesting to say the least. The bubbles are lame though.

Do you know how cowbells came about as tradition to Dear Ole State? I don't bring my cowbell to games (actually I passed it down to my oldest daughter, it was hard also to give it up, meant a lot to me) but I do yell for the Dawgs.

You guys should have been in the old gym back in the early 70's, seating capacity was around 5,500 or so. Students packed the gym for most games, everyone brought their cowbells, it was deafing to say the least but we students loved it! Attention was always on the game, no cell phones really helps and would today if sporting events banned them for a couple hours.
Just saying!

LandDawg
05-05-2019, 10:39 AM
?Yeah, I remember when I was young, our baseball fans were rowdy as hell. I remember people standing next to the bullpen screaming at the top of their lungs at the next pitcher going into the game. A lot more fan generated hell raising.?

This is exactly what happens at Ark. Granted, some of it is goofy and childish, but it is rowdy and really gets in the heads of the opposing teams

msbulldog
05-05-2019, 04:03 PM
Do you know how cowbells came about as tradition to Dear Ole State? I don't bring my cowbell to games (actually I passed it down to my oldest daughter, it was hard also to give it up, meant a lot to me) but I do yell for the Dawgs.

You guys should have been in the old gym back in the early 70's, seating capacity was around 5,500 or so. Students packed the gym for most games, everyone brought their cowbells, it was deafing to say the least but we students loved it! Attention was always on the game, no cell phones really helps and would today if sporting events banned them for a couple hours.
Just saying!

Been there, done that!

craigmid
05-05-2019, 07:28 PM
Did you notice they also yelled "defense", "defense" when THEY were at bat?
:confused:

Maroonthirteen
05-06-2019, 09:14 AM
Did you notice they also yelled "defense", "defense" when THEY were at bat?
:confused:

Maybe they needed their Yell leaders ? On a dugout. https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6nV6WpUXPupDJUSA/giphy.gif

fieldcorporal
05-06-2019, 10:21 AM
That conjures up an image...

Yell leaders and Dudettes on top of the dugouts.

deadheaddawg
05-06-2019, 10:37 AM
Most college traditions are weird. The best ones are typically the weirdest.

It's one of the things that makes college sports so great.

I have always thought A&M has great fans

Liverpooldawg
05-06-2019, 10:54 AM

You obviously missed this lecture in college fan school: OUR traditions are the best. Their traditions are lame, weird, and down right annoying.

msbulldog
05-06-2019, 12:04 PM
Yep, there are a lot of rednecks with cowbells, count me in.

99jc
05-06-2019, 12:27 PM
?Yeah, I remember when I was young, our baseball fans were rowdy as hell. I remember people standing next to the bullpen screaming at the top of their lungs at the next pitcher going into the game. A lot more fan generated hell raising.?

This is exactly what happens at Ark. Granted, some of it is goofy and childish, but it is rowdy and really gets in the heads of the opposing teams

Back in the late 70's there were some students who brought this lifesize naked doll they would flip it over the left field fence screaming and hollering at the fielder there were pure hell on opponents. I believe they were the one ones that caused the Oklahoma state player to drop his pants and moon them.