PDA

View Full Version : Outback Bowl Flight Issues

WinningIsRelentless
05-03-2019, 11:16 PM
Our friends at Miami air just had a 737 slide into the St. John river in Jacksonville. Everyone is alive,

Memphisbulldog
05-04-2019, 04:50 PM
Our friends at Miami air just had a 737 slide into the St. John river in Jacksonville. Everyone is alive,

What was point of mentioning Outback Bowl? That is played in Tampa.

RougeDawg
05-04-2019, 04:59 PM
What was point of mentioning Outback Bowl? That is played in Tampa.

And in January. Was thinking same thing. Maybe he has been hitting the mint juleps hard today in anticipation of the Derby.

Liverpooldawg
05-04-2019, 07:19 PM
My guess is that the charter outfit we used for the bowl trip.

Leeshouldveflanked
05-05-2019, 08:27 AM
Miami Air was the charter airline that Cohen chose for the Outback Bowl to save some $ instead of Southwest, who we normally use. When our team all met up at Mayhew International for the charter, no plane showed up... after about a 8 hour wait,we had some players leave in their own vehicles.... finally a Miami Air jet showed up a day later and we missed two on-field practices and had to practice in a Hospitality tent for our first practice in Tampa.

BeastMan
05-05-2019, 09:50 AM
Miami Air was the charter airline that Cohen chose for the Outback Bowl to save some $ instead of Southwest, who we normally use. When our team all met up at Mayhew International for the charter, no plane showed up... after about a 8 hour wait,we had some players leave in their own vehicles.... finally a Miami Air jet showed up a day later and we missed two on-field practices and had to practice in a Hospitality tent for our first practice in Tampa.

Good lord Cohen is bad at his job

Todd4State
05-05-2019, 12:28 PM
Good lord Cohen is bad at his job

I was told that this was somehow Joe's fault. Seriously.

Quaoarsking
05-05-2019, 12:40 PM
This is what happens when Vic doesn't play zone.

BeastMan
05-05-2019, 01:21 PM

Ya missing 2 days of practice and players leaving all unorganized is on Joe... In all seriousness, that’s an incredible story that shows a total lack of leadership. Let’s retrace to where the plane doesn’t arrive, why is there not a decision made right there as a team? Players drive themselves, rent busses, fly commercial, whatever.... The decision at that point should be made as a team from the top.

RocketDawg
05-05-2019, 01:40 PM
The reason given for the plane running off the runway was a "contaminated runway", meaning, I think, at least 1/8" standing water; in this case, there was 1/2".

Given that the controllers at NAS Jacksonville knew there had just been a thunderstorm with plenty of rain, and the pilots no doubt knew it, why didn't the plane just divert to another, drier airport, or circle for a while, instead of going ahead with a risky landing?

deadheaddawg
05-05-2019, 02:34 PM
We had the best group of passengers in Mississippi State history. Generational talent in the aisles. What a waste of a flight.

Dan Mullen would have had this resolved in 10 mins. Hell any competent coach should be able to step into an airport with these kind of passengers and beat Southwest

Bothrops
05-05-2019, 04:46 PM

Hmm..that's funny....because I heard it was Trump's fault.

Todd4State
05-05-2019, 08:29 PM
Ya missing 2 days of practice and players leaving all unorganized is on Joe... In all seriousness, that’s an incredible story that shows a total lack of leadership. Let’s retrace to where the plane doesn’t arrive, why is there not a decision made right there as a team? Players drive themselves, rent busses, fly commercial, whatever.... The decision at that point should be made as a team from the top.

Maybe because they were expecting a plane to be there 99/100 times? Especially since Miami Air was trying to cover their ass I'm sure at that point and telling us that we were going to get a plane so that they wouldn't lose a lot of money.

This is way more on whoever arranges travel for MSU than Joe. A plane not being there is something that Joe can't control. You really expect the coach with everyone in the airport to say- "hey the plane/bus isn't here so let's go practice?" And where was our equipment at that point? Probably on the way to Tampa on a truck. Having a practice at that point probably wasn't feasible.

Todd4State
05-05-2019, 08:31 PM
Hmm..that's funny....because I heard it was Trump's fault.

Make State Great Again.**

BrunswickDawg
05-06-2019, 06:47 AM
Maybe because they were expecting a plane to be there 99/100 times? Especially since Miami Air was trying to cover their ass I'm sure at that point and telling us that we were going to get a plane so that they wouldn't lose a lot of money.

This is way more on whoever arranges travel for MSU than Joe. A plane not being there is something that Joe can't control. You really expect the coach with everyone in the airport to say- "hey the plane/bus isn't here so let's go practice?" And where was our equipment at that point? Probably on the way to Tampa on a truck. Having a practice at that point probably wasn't feasible.

Wonder if Cohen or Moorhead caused this last night? Maybe since they wouldn't pay Harper their just cheap....

BeastMan
05-06-2019, 10:44 AM

Why do you think my problem here is with Joe? This is above him. He got hosed in this situation