PDA

View Full Version : Has ESPN fixed their streaming?

RocketDawg
05-03-2019, 07:44 PM
I've not had a single problem with buffering or stalling in the past month or so. Did they fix things? I know they fixed the 60 fps issue they were having that made the picture jumpy.

RougeDawg
05-03-2019, 07:57 PM
I've not had a single problem with buffering or stalling in the past month or so. Did they fix things? I know they fixed the 60 fps issue they were having that made the picture jumpy.

What internet service do you have? I have AT&T and they have had issues the last few weeks. I think they are transitioning areas over to fiber In our area, and it is messing up bandwidth. Most of new orleans has fiber availability and they are now trying to install in the areas that have utilities in areas not on major streets. Our particular block has all utilities running between properties, instead of on street. Have seen many interruptions lately.

the_real_MSU_is_us
05-03-2019, 08:25 PM

Pretty sure the problem was with how viewed an event is. CFB playoff is unbearably choppy, Mississippi State basketball/baseball runs smooth, and State football will vary depending on opponent. This is the pattern I've noticed over the past 2 years, so I won't hope they've fixed it till it works in primetime football games

RocketDawg
05-03-2019, 09:56 PM
What internet service do you have? I have AT&T and they have had issues the last few weeks. I think they are transitioning areas over to fiber In our area, and it is messing up bandwidth. Most of new orleans has fiber availability and they are now trying to install in the areas that have utilities in areas not on major streets. Our particular block has all utilities running between properties, instead of on street. Have seen many interruptions lately.

I have WOW. I've heard of some who have had trouble with their service, but I can't remember the last outage I've had. And it's as fast as advertised as well. SEC+ just seems to have been trouble-free lately, but it may be because it's baseball.

BeardoMSU
05-03-2019, 09:58 PM
I've noticed it too. It's definitely been way better.

RocketDawg
05-03-2019, 10:01 PM
Pretty sure the problem was with how viewed an event is. CFB playoff is unbearably choppy, Mississippi State basketball/baseball runs smooth, and State football will vary depending on opponent. This is the pattern I've noticed over the past 2 years, so I won't hope they've fixed it till it works in primetime football games

I don't think I've ever watched MSU football on streaming because it's always on one broadcast channel or the other (on Dish), but I had quite a bit of trouble watching some of our women's basketball games. I have Roku, and got a new model a couple months ago and have had no trouble with streaming since then, other than choppiness due to frame rate incompatibility, but that was fixed by Roku shortly after I did the upgrade.