PDA

View Full Version : Robert Nkemdiche 5th year option not picked up

louisvilledawg
05-03-2019, 07:33 AM
Cardinals have declined their 5th year option on Robert Nkemdiche.

So that's two busts and a potential all-pro from that first round draft class.

BeastMan
05-03-2019, 07:45 AM
Nkemdiche was a headcase from day 1. Treadwell made a terrible decision going to the Freeze offense as he was never developed but I always wondered what kind of impact that leg injury had. Tunsil is just a carnival freak show physically. He’s a generation talent. Nobody could screw that up lol

KOdawg1
05-03-2019, 08:07 AM
Let's take a look at that great 2013 OM recruiting class that they sold their souls for:

Robert Nkemdiche -#1 overall player - BUST
Laremy Tunsil - #4 overall player - "I'd have to say yeah." might be the only one who amounts to anything
Laquon Treadwell - #14 overall player - BUST
Tony Conner - #33 overall player - plagued by injuries but still a bust

Meanwhile, Chris Jones from that class is tearing it up in the NFL and is about to get paid.

BeastMan
05-03-2019, 08:41 AM
Let's take a look at that great 2013 OM recruiting class that they sold their souls for:

Laremy Tunsil - #4 overall player - "I'd have to say yeah." might be the only one who amounts to anything

Meanwhile, Chris Jones from that class is tearing it up in the NFL and is about to get paid.

I honestly believe OM medical staff destroyed Tony Conner’s career. He should have been shut down from jump street. I’m sure TC begged to play but you gotta shut him down. It ruined his career. His senior year was a joke. He couldn’t move.

MedDawg
05-03-2019, 08:43 AM

Don't forget these 2013 4-star recruits:
Austin Golston-transferred out
Kailo Moore-bust
Lavon Hooks-bust
Nick Brassell-flunked out
Jordan Wilkins-productive, made the pros
Mark Dodson-not 4-star production (hurt?)
Ryan Buchanan-overrated, shouldn't have been a 4-star
DeVante Kincaid-transferred out

If OM's 2013 Top 5 class was re-ranked, it might not make the Top 50.

Ari Gold
05-03-2019, 09:00 AM

The 2016 class has its share of of transfers and underachievers as well ..

Turfdawg67
05-03-2019, 09:08 AM
Nkemdiche was a headcase from day 1. Treadwell made a terrible decision going to the Freeze offense as he was never developed but I always wondered what kind of impact that leg injury had. Tunsil is just a carnival freak show physically. He’s a generation talent. Nobody could screw that up lol

And Tunsil was the main cause of the investigation into OM, or at least took it to a higher level. That's when the "blue bloods" started complaining to the NCAA. Nice Big 3 recruits! LOL!

Jack Lambert
05-03-2019, 09:38 AM
Well I hope he built up his pot stash.

Johnson85
05-03-2019, 10:09 AM
I honestly believe OM medical staff destroyed Tony Conner’s career. He should have been shut down from jump street. I’m sure TC begged to play but you gotta shut him down. It ruined his career. His senior year was a joke. He couldn’t move.

I think it was just as much their style of defense. It worked pretty well for them, but it's just hard to go through an SEC schedule playing "up" a position all year without it taking a toll on your body. I think playing essentially like a linebacker caught up to Conner just like playing defense end instead of linebacker caught up to , although the reason he was at DE in the first place was being overweight, so I'm not sure it was as much DE really being more punishing than LB as it was him being out of shape just putting a toll on his body.

RocketDawg
05-03-2019, 01:46 PM
Don't forget these 2013 4-star recruits:
Austin Golston-transferred out
Kailo Moore-bust
Lavon Hooks-bust
Nick Brassell-flunked out
Jordan Wilkins-productive, made the pros
Mark Dodson-not 4-star production (hurt?)
Ryan Buchanan-overrated, shouldn't have been a 4-star
DeVante Kincaid-transferred out

If OM's 2013 Top 5 class was re-ranked, it might not make the Top 50.

How does a scholarship athlete manage to flunk out of Ole Miss?

Johnson85
05-03-2019, 04:18 PM
How does a scholarship athlete manage to flunk out of Ole Miss?

Talk about a guy that needed to go off to school. Probably wouldn't have mattered, but might would have given him a chance if he was 6 to 8 hours away.

Todd4State
05-03-2019, 07:37 PM

Yep. We absolutely abused Conner in the 2016 Egg Bowl.

Todd4State
05-03-2019, 07:38 PM
I think it was just as much their style of defense. It worked pretty well for them, but it's just hard to go through an SEC schedule playing "up" a position all year without it taking a toll on your body. I think playing essentially like a linebacker caught up to Conner just like playing defense end instead of linebacker caught up to , although the reason he was at DE in the first place was being overweight, so I'm not sure it was as much DE really being more punishing than LB as it was him being out of shape just putting a toll on his body.

If I remember correctly he had a knee injury and they just put him out there and he played on it.

Todd4State
05-03-2019, 07:39 PM
And Tunsil was the main cause of the investigation into OM, or at least took it to a higher level. That's when the "blue bloods" started complaining to the NCAA. Nice Big 3 recruits! LOL!

Good point. The one guy that turned out embarrassed them on National TV and got them a two year bowl ban. Seems like it was all worth it.

Dawg61
05-03-2019, 11:48 PM

They are NFL busts but they weren't college busts which is all Ole Miss cared about. They never gave a shit about helping their players in life or in football after OM.

KOdawg1
05-04-2019, 07:56 AM
They are NFL busts but they weren't college busts which is all Ole Miss cared about. They never gave a shit about helping their players in life or in football after OM.

Which NFL teams, and hopefully, recruits are starting to see.