PDA

View Full Version : Game 1 vs the stupid Aggies....

ScoobaDawg
05-02-2019, 06:16 PM
I'm here at the game. Watching the radar. Storms are marching steadily east.. The question is when will it lift north.

Well here it comes.... Big gust of wind in front of the storms.50mph winds
Rain delay in effect

SaintDawg
05-02-2019, 06:30 PM
Odds we dont play tonight?

RocketDawg
05-02-2019, 06:33 PM
On radar, the worst storms are north of College Station, but there's still a good bit of rain left. Probably one good thing about the wind is that it's bringing in cooler air.

ScoobaDawg
05-02-2019, 06:42 PM
I feel good. The storms are moving more ENE now and breaks are opening to the sw of college Station.

craigmid
05-02-2019, 06:43 PM
I have tickets for Saturday. Maybe a double header.
Tonight doesn't look good.
Storms have about made it to my town - Huntsville, TX.

biggun
05-02-2019, 06:54 PM
When will they make an announcement one way or the other????

biggun
05-02-2019, 06:56 PM
SEC Network pretty much just said that we are playing tonight, just waiting on one more storm to go through. Guess we will be starting around 8:30 or 9

craigmid
05-02-2019, 07:00 PM
Rosebowl tweeted that he heard the delay will be about 2 hours which would put it around 8:30

Homedawg
05-02-2019, 07:41 PM
SEC Network pretty much just said that we are playing tonight, just waiting on one more storm to go through. Guess we will be starting around 8:30 or 9

Won't be 8:30.

ATTILLA THE DOG
05-02-2019, 08:00 PM
Won't be 8:30.

it is flooding down in texas,i am here no baseball tonight

Dawgpile
05-02-2019, 08:06 PM
https://youtu.be/wVjdMLAMbM0

DawgPoundtheRock
05-02-2019, 08:12 PM
Dawgpile, I must admit that I like your taste in music. SRV doing the blues is really good.

ShotgunDawg
05-02-2019, 08:27 PM
I think rain delays always help the road team.

Destroys fan support for home team and, while the home players are wondering if they can go out tonight, the road team has nothing better to do than play baseball.

Homedawg
05-02-2019, 08:32 PM
I think rain delays always help the road team.

Destroys fan support for home team and, while the home players are wondering if they can go out tonight, the road team has nothing better to do than play baseball.

And go out after .... ha

BeardoMSU
05-02-2019, 08:37 PM
What's the word on playing tonight? Any ETA?

BeardoMSU
05-02-2019, 08:38 PM
NM. Just saw Steve's tweet. Will try and play a DH tomorrow.

MarketingBully
05-02-2019, 08:44 PM
NM. Just saw Steve's tweet. Will try and play a DH tomorrow.

Dumb decision. There’s a higher chance for rain tomorrow. Looks like we will only get two games in period this weekend.

Homedawg
05-02-2019, 08:51 PM
Dumb decision. There’s a higher chance for rain tomorrow. Looks like we will only get two games in period this weekend.

2 7 inning sat. Oh well.

biggun
05-02-2019, 08:54 PM
Still on for tomorrow nights game, right?

Quaoarsking
05-02-2019, 08:54 PM
It's incredibly dumb that we can't play on Sunday. Hope this doesn't cost as a shot at an SEC championship.

MarketingBully
05-02-2019, 08:56 PM

There’s an 80% chance of rain tomorrow there. Their only chance of getting three games in this weekend was getting one in tonight and two on Saturday.

Homedawg
05-02-2019, 09:00 PM

Well it's scheduled..... but the odds aren't good based on forecast.

Homedawg
05-02-2019, 09:01 PM
It's incredibly dumb that we can't play on Sunday. Hope this doesn't cost as a shot at an SEC championship.

The reasoning is, right or wrong, that the teams playing fri-sun don't have the option of playing Monday, therefore it would be advantageous to those allowed to play Sunday. That's the reasoning anyway

Cooterpoot
05-02-2019, 09:11 PM
Eliminate Thursday series. They’re stupid anyway.

ScoobaDawg
05-02-2019, 09:12 PM
Yea, just really sucks they cancelled the game right as the end end of the rain was coming through. the field LOOKED to be in good shape.. but obviously I didn't walk it to know. We got a good amont of rain but the pooling of water in the outfield looked to have drained.

BeardoMSU
05-02-2019, 09:12 PM
Would the conference title come down to winning % then, since we'll be short a game played?

Homedawg
05-02-2019, 09:19 PM

Tv talks I like their money. And everybody has them so. ....

ScoobaDawg
05-02-2019, 09:20 PM
Would the conference title come down to winning % then, since we'll be short a game played?

Could.. If we only play 2 and win both and do what we need to win the championship.. it very much comes down to 10ths of a pct point...

Homedawg
05-02-2019, 09:20 PM

Yep. That's how it works. Won't matter we aren't catching the leaders. At least not vandy. Their schedule is easy here on out.

Dawgcap
05-02-2019, 09:26 PM

Yeah it sucks to promote a sport

KOdawg1
05-02-2019, 09:38 PM
We could have a triple header on Saturday**

MetEdDawg
05-02-2019, 09:51 PM

I agree and disagree. I think consistency is important for athletes. I also think exposure is great for the game. But forcing 18-22 year old kids to get out of their rhythm, mostly talking starters here, when we already have so many arm issues from pitching, just for some extra tv time, seems a little overboard.

Ginn is the poster child for that right now because of having to move him up. Arm fatigue because he had to come back a day earlier than normal. Go ask NFL guys how much they hate Thursday night games. I get the exposure. But sometimes that comes with a risk and I for one think it might be a bit much.

ShotgunDawg
05-02-2019, 10:31 PM
Small & James will pitch tomorrow but the order hasn't been decided yet.

I think it makes more sense to start Small first & set the tone

MetEdDawg
05-02-2019, 10:36 PM

I like Small first but more from a bullpen perspective. Small gives us the best chance to not have to use our bullpen and have them ready for the second game.

I would consider pitching him second because it gives us a better chance to take 2 of 3 in the series (If TAMU pitches Doxakis first) and wouldn't be mad if that's what Lemonis decides to do.

ScoobaDawg
05-02-2019, 10:39 PM

No way we play 2 tomorrow. So just throw small.
There's almost 3/4 inch of rain forecasted from 4-6.

If they play tomorrow night I'll be there hopefully but I'm not expecting any baseball tomorrow.

FriarsPoint
05-02-2019, 10:42 PM
There?s an 80% chance of rain tomorrow there. Their only chance of getting three games in this weekend was getting one in tonight and two on Saturday.

Which is bullshit. I don?t know if it?s an NCAA rule or SEC rule BUT!, the shit rule about 3 days to get in 3 games from scheduled start day AFTER exams have been taken is being hard headed for the sake of being hard headed.

confucius say
05-02-2019, 11:22 PM
The reasoning is, right or wrong, that the teams playing fri-sun don't have the option of playing Monday, therefore it would be advantageous to those allowed to play Sunday. That's the reasoning anyway

Ok. But if you're inconveniencing teams by making them play Thursday, at least allow them the fourth day to get all 3 games in. There is no logical reason against doing so.

Quaoarsking
05-02-2019, 11:38 PM

They should let Fri-Sun teams have Monday to play too then, especially once final exams are over. Ideally all games should be made up, even if we have to go back later in the season to do it, and at the very least they should be if they affect the final standings.

Also, to avoid schedule having any role in determining the champion, there should be a full 39-game round robin and no divisions. Instead of 4 non-conf weekends and 10 SEC, it could be a 2/12 split, with the 13th series up to the teams to schedule (either midweek or one of the first 2 weeks, whichever they prefer).

Todd4State
05-02-2019, 11:55 PM
No way we play 2 tomorrow. So just throw small.
There's almost 3/4 inch of rain forecasted from 4-6.

If they play tomorrow night I'll be there hopefully but I'm not expecting any baseball tomorrow.

This seems like a no brainer. Because if the weather is bad I'm assuming that they will schedule a DH on Saturday which to me would put Plumlee back in line to start. Unless they are just adamant that James is starting no matter what.

The Federalist Engineer
05-03-2019, 12:50 AM
I'm being silly - but would the Astros mind some college teams playing in their Dome stadium, they are on the road this week. That would be cool.

The Bush family seem to be A&M fans, they could make it happen