PDA

View Full Version : Interesting article about Joe/Fitz/KT

basedog
05-02-2019, 10:20 AM
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/USATSI_11176900-718x490.jpg

msstate7
05-02-2019, 10:21 AM
Linked a pic, bro

basedog
05-02-2019, 10:22 AM
Well damn, on my phone will redo when I can get to my computer or maybe someone can.

msstate7
05-02-2019, 10:23 AM
Well damn, on my phone will redo when I can get to my computer or maybe someone can.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mississippi-state-football/keytaon-thompson-tom-luginbill-bulldogs-offense-improvement-nick-fitzgerald-2019/

basedog
05-02-2019, 10:26 AM
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mississippi-state-football/keytaon-thompson-tom-luginbill-bulldogs-offense-improvement-nick-fitzgerald-2019/

Thanks 7. Some will be pissed some will be I told you.

I think and hope KT will be the man we thought he would be when we signed him. I just think he has that “it” factor. Dude has so much athletic ability and was a winner in all sports in high school.

msstate7
05-02-2019, 10:40 AM
Thanks 7. Some will be pissed some will be I told you.

I think and hope KT will be the man we thought he would be when we signed him. I just think he has that “it” factor. Dude has so much athletic ability and was a winner in all sports in high school.

I hope I'm eating a lot of crow this fall

Dawg61
05-02-2019, 10:50 AM
KT is gonna have some int's and incompletions just like every other Qb ever but he's also going to score a whole bunch of tds and win a lot of games if he starts.

RougeDawg
05-02-2019, 10:53 AM
The oart of that article that sticks out to me is the fact that the announcers/writers saw what we saw. That we should have tried another QB during some games. The fact that Joe did not go to KT in any of those situations should tell you all you need to know about KT. Hence us trying to get a transfer to manage the offense until a younger guy steps up.

bluelightstar
05-02-2019, 11:05 AM
The oart of that article that sticks out to me is the fact that the announcers/writers saw what we saw. That we should have tried another QB during some games. The fact that Joe did not go to KT in any of those situations should tell you all you need to know about KT. Hence us trying to get a transfer to manage the offense until a younger guy steps up.

In fairness, those announcers don't have to deal with any locker room drama, fan base politics, or other ramifications that comes from benching that year's "face of the program."

tcdog70
05-02-2019, 11:05 AM
Lugenbill-says KT is everybit as good of a runner as Fitz----at that point you Know that he is full of shit.

bluelightstar
05-02-2019, 11:08 AM
Lugenbill-says KT is everybit as good of a runner as Fitz----at that point you Know that he is full of shit.

I actually think last year's version of Fitz as a runner probably isn't much different than KT.

Dawg61
05-02-2019, 11:48 AM

How can our entire fanbase be reading this situation completely wrong like this? The fact Joe didn't bench Fitz ever HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH KEYTAON THOMPSON AT ALL!!!! Joe basically promised Fitz a serious run at winning the heisman in his very first talk with him. That talk coupled with Fitz having sympathy clout from breaking his ankle in the EB meant HE WAS NEVER GETTING BENCHED NO MATTER HOW SHITTY HE PLAYED EVER. Stop shitting on KT because Joe was never ever ever going to bench the star senior QB last year.

Ari Gold
05-02-2019, 11:59 AM
How can our entire fanbase be reading this situation completely wrong like this? The fact Joe didn't bench Fitz ever HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH KEYTAON THOMPSON AT ALL!!!! Joe basically promised Fitz a serious run at winning the heisman in his very first talk with him. That talk coupled with Fitz having sympathy clout from breaking his ankle in the EB meant HE WAS NEVER GETTING BENCHED NO MATTER HOW SHITTY HE PLAYED EVER. Stop shitting on KT because Joe was never ever ever going to bench the star senior QB last year.

Just not true..
And I wasn’t a Pro Fitz guy by any means.
There is a reason KT didn’t get snaps thus the reason we are out looking at for the right grad transfer.

Maroonthirteen
05-02-2019, 12:06 PM
Nothing new. No facts. One guy’s opinion.

Tbonewannabe
05-02-2019, 12:07 PM

Redshirt freshman Dak didn't replace Tyler Russell even though almost everyone on this board was calling for it. Tyler Russell ran about as well as Elgton Jenkings and yet Dak (possibly the best player in MSU History) didn't replace him. Most redshirt freshmen don't work out well in the SEC. KT very well could do well this year or he could still be one year away.

R2Dawg
05-02-2019, 12:12 PM

KT isn't as physical a runner as Fitz but he has some speed given an opening. Yep saying a backup is as good as the SEC all time rushing leader at QB is a stretch at this point, I don't care who they are.

Jarius
05-02-2019, 12:14 PM
KT is not going to be our quarterback.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
05-02-2019, 12:18 PM

You feeling Bennie Brown confident on that?

Dawgology
05-02-2019, 12:21 PM

Who will it be? I hope not Schrader yet. Mayden?

We can talk about transfer QB's all day long....we haven't signed a single one that we tried to get yet.

Ari Gold
05-02-2019, 12:31 PM
The starting QB is KT right now.
If Steven ends up transferring here, the QB that gives us the best chance to win more football games will be the starter

It’s not hard to understand this

Jarius
05-02-2019, 12:38 PM
You feeling Bennie Brown confident on that?

I’m feeling “Fitz will be drafted” confident on that. If you have to go back to 2015 or whatever year he left to find some shit to talk about me on them that says a lot (he had no business going pro by the way). There is an extremely high chance Stevens transfers here. There is a zero % chance Stevens does not start if he does transfer here, barring injury.

basedog
05-02-2019, 01:48 PM
I'm thinking IF Stevens does transfer in we will see him and KT line up together and both maybe used such as RB, WO or QB. Stevens looks to do all 3 while KT two.

Could be interesting.

TrapGame
05-02-2019, 01:53 PM
I'm thinking IF Stevens does transfer in we will see him and KT line up together and both maybe used such as RB, WO or QB. Stevens looks to do all 3 while KT two.

Could be interesting.

What would be absolutely freaky is KT lining up as WR a few plays and Stevens hits him every play with a deep ball.

basedog
05-02-2019, 02:03 PM
What would be absolutely freaky is KT lining up as WR a few plays and Stevens hits him every play with a deep ball.

Don't think KT will be lining up as wideout, but I can see him as a running back/QB. I'm thinking we will see both in the game a lot together. Stevens video shows he is a good receiver and a good runner.

Dawg61
05-02-2019, 02:05 PM
Stevens looks like a pretty good receiver. Question is does he help us more as a WR or as a QB?

Political Hack
05-02-2019, 02:22 PM
KT is a QB. He's not playing anywhere else. Boom or bust, he's a QB.

I could see Fitz ending up as a really good TE in the NFL though.

basedog
05-02-2019, 02:25 PM
Stevens looks like a pretty good receiver. Question is does he help us more as a WR or as a QB?

Both and as a RB.

basedog
05-02-2019, 02:25 PM
KT is a QB. He's not playing anywhere else. Boom or bust, he's a QB.

I could see Fitz ending up as a really good TE in the NFL though.

KT could be used some as a RB as well.

BiscuitEater
05-02-2019, 02:40 PM

KT doesn't have the 'fullback' load or running style of Fitz BUT .. he is quicker to the hole and shiftier. Last 3 years of stats .. Fitz averaged 6.67 ypc while KT averaged 7.24.

BiscuitEater
05-02-2019, 02:45 PM
.. Stop shitting on KT because Joe was never ever ever going to bench the star senior QB last year.

BS ? Then you're going to have explain 'why' Joe benched his "senior star RB last year."

msstate7
05-02-2019, 02:58 PM
KT doesn't have the 'fullback' load or running style of Fitz BUT .. he is quicker to the hole and shiftier. Last 3 years of stats .. Fitz averaged 6.67 ypc while KT averaged 7.24.

Those aren't exactly fair. How many times has key ran against LSU, Bama, auburn, etc?

Jarius
05-02-2019, 03:25 PM

Could be interesting.

You will see KT at a different school. Stevens is not coming here unless Joe tells him he is clearly better than who he has on the roster and KT is not staying here to sit on the bench another year.

tcdog70
05-02-2019, 03:53 PM

dammit boy, wake up. KT last year was not as good a Fitz---thus he didn't play. the fact he didn't play was simple--Fitz was better. All the Coaches and some of the players said so. Why is that hard for you to grasp. Now this year KT has a had a spring camp to step up and claim the QB spot--but once again he hasn't looked good. The results is TS coming in.

Political Hack
05-02-2019, 04:04 PM
KT could be used some as a RB as well.

I actually worry about him running as a QB.

bulldawg28
05-02-2019, 04:10 PM
I actually worry about him running as a QB.

Me too. He runs reckless. Stephens is a big guy there is no question he should handle the load running the ball.

Dawg61
05-02-2019, 04:52 PM
Why would anyone expect a true sophomore to be better than the senior top 5 All-Time MSU QB? Anyone using the fact he wasn't better than Fitz last year as a knock against him is bullshit and needs to be called out as such. (Not saying you are tc)

RougeDawg
05-02-2019, 05:22 PM

Ok. Ponder this question. If KT could have actually come in and given a spark to the offense in the game Fitz was struggling and Joe refused to give us a chance to win the games, he is a bigger idiot than some here already think he is. His job is to win football games. It?s not about ?not benching the starting QB?. Sometimes a benching is the exact thing that is needed in times like we experienced last year.

So tell me which one it was. KT wasn?t ready and would not have helped us or Joe is a complete moron who sacrificed wins because he could not possibly put a Sr QB on the bench?

Dawg61
05-02-2019, 05:36 PM
Ok. Ponder this question. If KT could have actually come in and given a spark to the offense in the game Fitz was struggling and Joe refused to give us a chance to win the games, he is a bigger idiot than some here already think he is. His job is to win football games. It?s not about ?not benching the starting QB?. Sometimes a benching is the exact thing that is needed in times like we experienced last year.

So tell me which one it was. KT wasn?t ready and would not have helped us or Joe is a complete moron who sacrificed wins because he could not possibly put a Sr QB on the bench?

I currently lean more to the later but I wouldn't go that far into the description. Pride and stubbornness get the best of lots of coaches several of which have coached here before in all 3 big sports and one is now the AD.

Sienfield
05-02-2019, 05:41 PM

It could be both. Fitz was the better QB but had a few bad games. Joe could have used KT in those games but he chose to be a "complete moron".

biggun
05-02-2019, 06:05 PM
KT has yet to show any ability to read defenses and complete passes, just like Nick. To say otherwise is seeing him through “maroon shaded glasses” which unfortunately that seems to be the preference over reality for almost every MSU fan. If he is our starter the entire season this year, expect another run heavy, ugly offense, and maybe 6 wins.

KT looked liked a high school QB in our spring game!!!! That is NOT GOOD!!!!

Reality check guys, he is not the answer at QB.

biggun
05-02-2019, 06:08 PM

KT dropped a sure TD pass while playing WR in the 1st qtr vs Iowa. You sure you want him playing WR??

Tbonewannabe
05-02-2019, 06:17 PM
KT dropped a sure TD pass while playing WR in the 1st qtr vs Iowa. You sure you want him playing WR??

That is one thing that gives me hope. We had a lot of guys running open against every defense but either QB couldn't find them, couldn't get close to them with the ball, or the wr couldn't catch.

Dawg61
05-02-2019, 09:02 PM
Spring games are meaningless. You can learn about as much watching them play Madden on Xbox as you can watching worthless spring games but by all means keep over analyzing glorified practices.

Ari Gold
05-03-2019, 09:03 AM
Enough with this KT can move to WR or RB nonsense .
He is a QB.. Its going to be here or somewhere else.

TrapGame
05-03-2019, 09:13 AM
Spring games are meaningless. You can learn about as much watching them play Madden on Xbox as you can watching worthless spring games but by all means keep over analyzing glorified practices.

Yep, I remember we looked pretty damn good in the 2016 spring game with Sirmon's defense.