PDA

View Full Version : Tonight in Mississippi Baseball

Todd4State
05-01-2019, 10:09 PM
USM beat Ole Miss 5-3. It didn't affect our RPI- and I would not have expected it to.

This loss doesn't help Ole Miss's chances as far as hosting but they have some opportunities to make up for it. When we play them next weekend it could be the difference between them hosting and not. Depends on how they do against LSU on the road.

USM has a BIG series for them this weekend against Florida Atlantic. If they win they will be without question the top team in C-USA which may help them get an at large bid. With La Tech tanking it lately USM has by far the best shot to get an at large bid in that league. It would be good for MSU if they won because it would keep their RPI in the 30's. After this weekend all of their opponents are below 100 in RPI and any loss could do damage to their resume.

BrunswickDawg
05-02-2019, 07:14 AM
USM beat Ole Miss 5-3. It didn't affect our RPI- and I would not have expected it to.

This loss doesn't help Ole Miss's chances as far as hosting but they have some opportunities to make up for it. When we play them next weekend it could be the difference between them hosting and not. Depends on how they do against LSU on the road.

USM has a BIG series for them this weekend against Florida Atlantic. If they win they will be without question the top team in C-USA which may help them get an at large bid. With La Tech tanking it lately USM has by far the best shot to get an at large bid in that league. It would be good for MSU if they won because it would keep their RPI in the 30's. After this weekend all of their opponents are below 100 in RPI and any loss could do damage to their resume.

It would be great if we knocked OM out of contention to host. Would all 3 MS teams get paired in a Starkville regional? Could you imagine MSU, OM, USM and a team like Samford fighting it out. The atmosphere and attendance would be insane. But it would also be an absolute dog fight - and I don't like the odds of survival. Weird things happen in an amped up regional.

BulldogDX55
05-02-2019, 07:40 AM
It would be great if we knocked OM out of contention to host. Would all 3 MS teams get paired in a Starkville regional? Could you imagine MSU, OM, USM and a team like Samford fighting it out. The atmosphere and attendance would be insane. But it would also be an absolute dog fight - and I don't like the odds of survival. Weird things happen in an amped up regional.

I believe there is a rule that makes it so conference foes cannot be in the same regional.

Choctaw Dawg
05-02-2019, 09:48 AM

Im pretty positive theyre on the outside looking in anyway and haven't been in the hosting discussion really, it would take them a really good finish for hosting to happen for them.

Jack Lambert
05-02-2019, 01:19 PM
I believe there is a rule that makes it so conference foes cannot be in the same regional.

Since when did rules apply to Ole Miss?******