PDA

View Full Version : Paidwell not given 5th year option by Vikings...

RougeDawg
05-01-2019, 10:09 PM
Looks like someone should have selected a college that taught actual football technique. Vikings selected 2 receivers in draft and got another in the trade. Too bad. The Paidwell effect had an impact on all those great receivers draft stock this year as well.

https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/2019/05/01/no-surprise-vikings-decline-wr-laquon-treadwells-5th-year-option/

Todd4State
05-01-2019, 11:18 PM
Maybe after Laquon and now AJ and DK dropping to the second more high school receivers will make better decisions in the future.

DancingRabbit
05-02-2019, 12:06 AM
Treadwell's NFL lowlights have been chuckled about on the MSU boards for a while, but I heard a couple of ESPN radio talkers using Treadwell as a synonym for "dropsies" today. They were talking about someone else but clowned Treadwell in the process. Looks like he's nationwide now.

Bothrops
05-02-2019, 12:10 AM
Maybe after Laquon and now AJ and DK dropping to the second more high school receivers will make better decisions in the future.

I wouldn't count on it.

Jarius
05-02-2019, 02:42 AM
I wouldn't count on it.

Oh it's going to happen but it won't be because of that. It will be because Rich Rod is going to run a Mullen offense and receivers are not going to want to continue to go there and block 65 % of the time. Once he shows them on film at Ole Miss what he really is as an offensive coach receivers ain't gonna want to do that. He's going to try and run the ball to shorten the game and help out that terrible defense. They will lose games 35-10 now instead of 55-20.

msstate7
05-02-2019, 06:37 AM
No idea the money involved with treadwell, but the saints passed on Eli apple's 5th year bc it was 13.7 million. Saints like apple too, but sometimes money won't let you keep someone

Tbonewannabe
05-02-2019, 07:22 AM
No idea the money involved with treadwell, but the saints passed on Eli apple's 5th year bc it was 13.7 million. Saints like apple too, but sometimes money won't let you keep someone

It was 10.1 Million. He was on the roster mostly because of the dead money hit they would take.

RocketCityDawg
05-02-2019, 07:30 AM

It's been pretty widely publicized that the Vikings have been VERY disappointed with Treadwell since he arrived there. I think it's more likely that he remained on their roster this long because of the money hit they would have taken had they cut him earlier.

msstate7
05-02-2019, 07:37 AM
It's been pretty widely publicized that the Vikings have been VERY disappointed with Treadwell since he arrived there. I think it's more likely that he remained on their roster this long because of the money hit they would have taken had they cut him earlier.

He's certainly not lived up to a 1st round pick. Couldn't they in theory sign him back at a much cheaper deal than the 10.1 million for the 5th year? No way treadwell signs for that kind of money with any team. Declining the 5th year was smart even if they want him back

Tbonewannabe
05-02-2019, 09:01 AM
He's certainly not lived up to a 1st round pick. Couldn't they in theory sign him back at a much cheaper deal than the 10.1 million for the 5th year? No way treadwell signs for that kind of money with any team. Declining the 5th year was smart even if they want him back

They drafted several WRs so I doubt they pick him up unless it is at a huge discount. At this point I think the Vikings just want him off their roster unless he is a great lockerroom guy they think will finally have the light click on.

BiscuitEater
05-02-2019, 09:08 AM

Bingo .. Vikings thinking ..

Where it gets tricky, however, is that the Vikings would have to eat more than $3.1 million per Spotrac to cut Treadwell, who is due just over $1.8 million. Just from an economic standpoint, it feels like the Vikings would just keep Treadwell as the fifth or sixth receiver and let him become a free agent in 2020.

Jack Lambert
05-02-2019, 09:14 AM

And seeing the success of Jones and Cox along with the three 1st rounders this season defensive guys will make better decisions.

Johnson85
05-02-2019, 11:35 AM
So with him getting 300 yds and change last season, will somebody pick him up as a backup? Or is he in danger of actually falling out of the league?

msstate7
05-02-2019, 11:40 AM
So with him getting 300 yds and change last season, will somebody pick him up as a backup? Or is he in danger of actually falling out of the league?

I think he'll get a shot with someone. ~1- 1.5 million, 1-year prove it deal

Tripp McNeely
05-02-2019, 05:46 PM
Looks like Nkemdashian has the same fate

https://ux.azcentral.com/story/sports/nfl/cardinals/2019/05/02/cardinals-decline-option-nkemdiche-his-future-uncertain/3653595002/

Goldendawg
05-02-2019, 10:12 PM
Looks like Nkemdashian has the same fate

https://ux.azcentral.com/story/sports/nfl/cardinals/2019/05/02/cardinals-decline-option-nkemdiche-his-future-uncertain/3653595002/

5 Stars of privilege, but ,but, we are from Ole Miss. "Hoddy Floppy"!

msstate7
05-02-2019, 10:23 PM
Did a little research on 5th year options last season.

For all 1st rounders, 12 declined [12/32 (.375)]

FriarsPoint
05-02-2019, 10:27 PM
Did a little research on 5th year options last season.

For all 1st rounders, 12 declined [12/32 (.375)]

Ouch. To have two from the same class in that 37% has got to sting.