PDA

View Full Version : Neyland Stadium

timotheus
05-01-2019, 05:43 PM
What sections are the visitors seated in? Planning a trip to our oct 12 game thx in advance.

breazy
05-01-2019, 07:23 PM
Just an fyi. Cant see shit from the visitors section there. Cant remember which end it is, but its at around the 20yrd line and low.

If you can swing it. Id look for tickets further up in the main bowl

Lord McBuckethead
05-01-2019, 07:37 PM
Yeah, that stadium kind of sucks.

Goldendawg
05-01-2019, 07:58 PM
Have been there once in time in my life and will never go back. Felt like I was in a hunting lodge of 100 K plus all dressed in hideous orange. They are a condescending bunch who live in the past must worse than the webels. Hail State!

Cooterpoot
05-01-2019, 08:01 PM
Hope you like your boys smashed against each other because the seats are the size of a 3 year olds sss.

timotheus
05-01-2019, 09:14 PM
Oh dam. I got a couple seats in section A, row 49 I believe. maybe it'll go well

Todd4State
05-01-2019, 09:56 PM
Here's the thing about Neyland. It feels like they literally built the stadium as vertically as they possibly could. You feel like you are sitting on a ledge.

Go see the Vol Walk and the Tennessee Navy so that you can say that you did it.

Jarius
05-01-2019, 10:03 PM
The stadium will be half full like it has been for 10 years.

Lord McBuckethead
05-01-2019, 10:11 PM
The stadium will be half full like it has been for 10 years.

Exactly. When its half full it still looks full. They give 16" per seat there. And their fans are just as fat as ours.

RocketDawg
05-01-2019, 10:20 PM
Exactly. When its half full it still looks full. They give 16" per seat there. And their fans are just as fat as ours.

They could cut it down to 8" and "seat" over 200,000.

TUSK
05-01-2019, 10:44 PM
As an ole school Bammer, I follow UT pretty well... Back in the day they got into a "capacity war" with the Big House in Ann Arbor...

As I understand it, they didn't so much "add seats", they just decreased seat size.

The TSIO (Bammer/UT game) is still the biggest day of the year, to me... regardless of their suckitude....

Jarius
05-01-2019, 11:21 PM
As an ole school Bammer, I follow UT pretty well... Back in the day they got into a "capacity war" with the Big House in Ann Arbor...

As I understand it, they didn't so much "add seats", they just decreased seat size.

The TSIO (Bammer/UT game) is still the biggest day of the year, to me... regardless of their suckitude....

Well that terrible, outdated rivalry is holding the entire conference schedule back.

Todd4State
05-01-2019, 11:34 PM
Well that terrible, outdated rivalry is holding the entire conference schedule back.

I think it's the outdated guy making the schedule that can't figure out a way to work around UT/Bama and Auburn/Georgia that's holding the entire conference back. (LT)

Maroonthirteen
05-02-2019, 06:54 AM
Well, as someone has said, the visitors section is usually around the G-10 yard line. Then in the upper reaches of the upper deck, corner of the endzone to the back of the endzone

However, go. (Unless we just sucking it up and they are on a tear) Knoxville is a nice town to visit.

Political Hack
05-02-2019, 07:06 AM

That is what they did. I believe they added around 7,000 seats by moving the seat numbers closer to one another on the bleachers. You have to sit sideways or stand. Stadium is garbage.

The Vol Navy is cool. Check that out. Downtown Knoxville is also fun for pregame.

TUSK
05-02-2019, 07:46 AM

No. If anything scheduling related is “holding back the SEC” (which sounds more absurd as I type), it’s the 8 game conference schedule.

Political Hack
05-02-2019, 08:22 AM
No. If anything scheduling related is “holding back the SEC” (which sounds more absurd as I type), it’s the 8 game conference schedule.

I don't mind the 8+1 P5 schedule. Mixes it up a little. If you go to 9, there's a significant chance the SEC CG has already been played in the regular season, which happens some already. I guess that's not a terrible thing, but playing the same team a 2nd time for a conference championship isn't as appealing to me as playing a new team and a random P5 team. That said, I wish we'd schedule someone other than the BYU's of the world. Seems like we always go west rather than east.

Maroonthirteen
05-02-2019, 08:45 AM
Back to our game with the Vols, I’d really like to make this trip. But obviously we lose a lot of players and it is an sec road game. I have a feeling UT could be improved with a returning QB and Pruitt in his second year. However it seems both teams have a lot of holes to fill for next season. We catch them right on the schedule. We have a bye week. They have UGA the week before and Bama after.

How do you see the UT v State game?

Jarius
05-02-2019, 11:12 AM

That too, but mainly your school’s rivalry with a powderpuff is what’s holding the conference scheduling back. There is no need for that game to keep things the way they are scheduling wise. It makes no sense.

The east common opponent helps out MSU tremendously, but is completely unfair and stupid.

TUSK
05-02-2019, 11:14 AM
I don't mind the 8+1 P5 schedule. Mixes it up a little. If you go to 9, there's a significant chance the SEC CG has already been played in the regular season, which happens some already. I guess that's not a terrible thing, but playing the same team a 2nd time for a conference championship isn't as appealing to me as playing a new team and a random P5 team. That said, I wish we'd schedule someone other than the BYU's of the world. Seems like we always go west rather than east.

I agree with you Hack. I was referring to negative comments by other conferences.... not that the SEC should care.

I’d like it to be 8 SEC, 2 legit P5s, 2 cupcakes.

TUSK
05-02-2019, 11:17 AM
That too, but mainly your school’s rivalry with a powderpuff is what’s holding the conference scheduling back. There is no need for that game to keep things the way they are scheduling wise. It makes no sense.

How does it “hold back” the SEC. if you don’t mind me asking? it’s still generating good money & viewership.

Jarius
05-02-2019, 11:19 AM
How does it “hold back” the SEC. if you don’t mind me asking? it’s still generating good money & viewership.

It is keeping kids that play the game on the field from getting to experience playing every team in the conference while they are at a school. It is also completely unfair for State and OM and Bama to play their constant east teams and LSU and Auburn to be required to play Georgia and Florida every year.

TUSK
05-02-2019, 11:37 AM
It is keeping kids that play the game on the field from getting to experience playing every team in the conference while they are at a school. It is also completely unfair for State and OM and Bama to play their constant east teams and LSU and Auburn to be required to play Georgia and Florida every year.

Ahhh. You wanna do away with permanent cross division games & just rotate all the teams. That would be more equitable. I sure would have liked that the years UT was kicking the shit outta Bammer.

I don’t think the SEC would be willing to give up the money that UT/UA & AU/UGA generates, though.

R2Dawg
05-02-2019, 12:17 PM

Pretty smart in one sense to increase seating by not spending a dime (UT has a good business school). But the backend of that decision leads to a low tier stadium experience.

R2Dawg
05-02-2019, 12:22 PM

Conference realignment. Swap Auburn and Mizzou. Auburn to SECE makes sense and they keep the UGA game however Auburn would become the permanent rivalry with Bama and they would have to give up the out of date UT rivalry.

For your second part, SEC football is going to generate money no matter who plays who. If you want more competition and fairness in the SEC then realignment should be done. If you want just more of same blue bloods every year then don't realign. Easy to see why some schools want to swap and some don't. Just like basketball divisions a few years ago.

TUSK
05-02-2019, 03:31 PM
Conference realignment. Swap Auburn and Mizzou. Auburn to SECE makes sense and they keep the UGA game however Auburn would become the permanent rivalry with Bama and they would have to give up the out of date UT rivalry.

For your second part, SEC football is going to generate money no matter who plays who. If you want more competition and fairness in the SEC then realignment should be done. If you want just more of same blue bloods every year then don't realign. Easy to see why some schools want to swap and some don't. Just like basketball divisions a few years ago.

You may have convinced me....I like the idea of swapping UT for Mizzou and the chance to play Vandy, KY, and SC more often...

Political Hack
05-02-2019, 03:43 PM
Yeah, I wish auburn would move to the East and make Bama their permanent. Doesn't disrupt UGA vs Auburn and keeps the iron bowl in tact. The UT vs Bama game is old news. No one outside of T-town or Knoxville cares anymore.

R2Dawg
05-02-2019, 04:30 PM
You may have convinced me....I like the idea of swapping UT for Mizzou and the chance to play Vandy, KY, and SC more often...

Modern SEC, I think UT and Mizzou is a wash for Bama. The others, you play the same % of time so no change. I see little change for Bama. Now for majority of the SECW it gets a little better replacing Auburn with Mizzou. Auburn has down years but they have some up years where they compete for SECW. I don't see Mizzou doing that. They will compete for bottom in SECW.

Jarius
05-02-2019, 04:55 PM

Tennessee has not had a better program than Missouri or South Carolina in a decade.

TUSK
05-02-2019, 09:45 PM
Tennessee has not had a better program than Missouri or South Carolina in a decade.

Can’t disagree. However, if you don’t believe UT has a higher ceiling, I’d have to disagree.

It’s really irrelevant, little would change in the short term, save a slight ratings drop.