PDA

View Full Version : Avengers Endgame WITH SPOILERS - Leave spoilers out of Titles

Tbonewannabe
04-30-2019, 01:19 PM
So Endgame is one of my favorite Marvel movies after the first time I have seen it. It could go up or down on the 2nd or multiple viewings. Guardians of the Galaxy 1 is my favorite movie ever so Endgame is #2.

It starts out kind of slow but picks up with the Time Heist. Paul Rudd is just a delight on screen. I enjoyed Antman and he is a big reason why.

Fat Thor was hilarious along with Korg and Meek just hanging out drinking beers and playing Xbox.

Captain America picking up Thor's hammer was sooooooo BADASS.

The women in the theater lost their shit when the "female Avengers" assembled around Capt Marvel with the gauntlet. I wonder if they try and create a female Avengers type of movie or if this was kind of fan service for the people calling for it.

Tony hugging Peter when he showed back up caused a lot of crying.

I thought a woman was going to collapse from crying with Ironman's death.

Looking at the movies, the only way to end Robert Downey Jr's marvel career was for him to die. He would always be Ironman alive. Chris Evans was able to go back in time so that was relatively the same. The next big threat would pull them back into it if there was a chance, this way both are done with their contract.

I don't know how they do a Black Widow movie. Not sure if it makes the Marvel type money now that you know she is dead and it is purely a legacy movie similar to Solo.

Guardians 3 has to be chasing down Gamorra. Best couple in the Marvel series.

Will there be a Thor 3 or will he get rolled into Guardians 3 or both?

What will be the next Marvel movies?

Loki, Falcon and Winter Soldier, and Scarlett Witch are all having shows on Disney+ channel. Definitely going to compete for those Netflix and Hulu subscriptions.

Spiderman is already coming out this year so that is done.

Black Panther 2 is supposed to come out.

Dr. Strange 2 is also supposed to be in the works.

The Eternals was announced. It is the race that Thanos was a part of and will be set in the past.

Some Asian character similar to Iron Fist. Can't remember his name.

So I think that maybe Hawkeye, Hulk, and Antman are all done. I will be surprised if they do more than a cameo.

I am sure they held off on announcing anything else to prevent any type of ruining Endgame. Everyone knew that the characters somehow came back because of Spiderman and Black Panther 2 being worked on. It will be interesting if we find out about any other movies at San Diego Comicon.

TrapGame
04-30-2019, 03:44 PM
Ahem...there is already a Thor 3.

TrapGame
04-30-2019, 03:55 PM
I going to see it Friday night with the fam after my daughter gets home from college.

I don't mind spoilers. I knew everything about Infinity War and still loved it.

Tbonewannabe
04-30-2019, 03:55 PM
Ahem...there is already a Thor 3.

Duh, Thor 4 is what I meant.

HereComesTheSpiral
04-30-2019, 05:12 PM
Is Far From Home the last Peter Parker film they are going to do, I believe the character was loaned to MCU from Sony for 5 movies? They sort of introduced Myles Morales in Homecoming and I'm wondering if they will continue the Spider Man story with him.

Tbonewannabe
04-30-2019, 05:41 PM
Is Far From Home the last Peter Parker film they are going to do, I believe the character was loaned to MCU from Sony for 5 movies? They sort of introduced Myles Morales in Homecoming and I'm wondering if they will continue the Spider Man story with him.

I don't think it would matter if it is Peter Parker or Myles Morales, either way Sony has to loan them. They own the rights to any Spider-Man affiliated character.

HereComesTheSpiral
04-30-2019, 05:52 PM
I don't think it would matter if it is Peter Parker or Myles Morales, either way Sony has to loan them. They own the rights to any Spider-Man affiliated character.

I thought Marvel had the rights to Myles Morales, oh well.

TrapGame
05-06-2019, 08:17 AM
Okay, I'm a little disappointed. There are some plot holes and the big battle scene at the end had the same shitty chaos like Justice League.

A rat frees Ant Man. GTFOH!

Thor was shit on. Hulk was shit on. Sharon Carter was shit on. Bucky was shit on.

Captain Marvel was worthless and so powerful they underused her at the same time.

So, I guess the rumor about the Black Widow movie was a ruse to throw us off the possibility she dies in Endgame. If they seriously make a BW prequel movie it will flop - write it down.

Was it a good movie? Yes. Was it a great movie? Not by a long shot.

They tried to wrap up too many character arcs in 3 hours after ten years of setting the stage. I felt the writing was very lacking in a lot of areas.

Oh, and another thing: The Ancient One say the Infinity Stones stabilize what ever reality stream they exist in. If you remove one that reality diverges off into a disastrous alternate stream until the stone(s) are replaced. Now with that...Thanos uses the gauntlet to DESTROY the stones. So much for the stones being a stabilizing force of the cosmos.

HereComesTheSpiral
05-06-2019, 08:50 AM
Okay, I'm a little disappointed. There are some plot holes and the big battle scene at the end had the same shitty chaos like Justice League.

A rat frees Ant Man. GTFOH!

Thor was shit on. Hulk was shit on. Sharon Carter was shit on. Bucky was shit on.

Captain Marvel was worthless and so powerful they underused her at the same time.

So, I guess the rumor about the Black Widow movie was a ruse to throw us off the possibility she dies in Endgame. If they seriously make a BW prequel movie it will flop - write it down.

Was it a good movie? Yes. Was it a great movie? Not by a long shot.

They tried to wrap up too many character arcs in 3 hours after ten years of setting the stage. I felt the writing was very lacking in a lot of areas.

Oh, and another thing: The Ancient One say the Infinity Stones stabilize what ever reality stream they exist in. If you remove one that reality diverges off into a disastrous alternate stream until the stone(s) are replaced. Now with that...Thanos uses the gauntlet to DESTROY the stones. So much for the stones being a stabilizing force of the cosmos.

Tell us how you feel about Captain America using time travel to have a life with Peggy Carter with the knowledge he plugged her niece 50 years later.

TrapGame
05-06-2019, 09:58 AM
Tell us how you feel about Captain America using time travel to have a life with Peggy Carter with the knowledge he plugged her niece 50 years later.

EXACTLY!!!!! She was in Winter Soldier and Civil War and then...poof!...We are moving on like she never existed. That's shitty writing.

Tony dying didn't really piss me off (although the Russo's said RDJ was not happy about at first!)

However, Captain Marvel's worthless ass could have taken the full load of the gauntlet and LIVED!

The more I think about it the more it makes no sense to have a cosmic level superhero and she does NOTHING but slam through Thanos's big ass mother ship. Why shoe horn her into the MCU at this stage for her NOT to be the one that takes the load so Tony doesn't have to.

Tbonewannabe
05-06-2019, 12:26 PM
EXACTLY!!!!! She was in Winter Soldier and Civil War and then...poof!...We are moving on like she never existed. That's shitty writing.

Tony dying didn't really piss me off (although the Russo's said RDJ was not happy about at first!)

However, Captain Marvel's worthless ass could have taken the full load of the gauntlet and LIVED!

The more I think about it the more it makes no sense to have a cosmic level superhero and she does NOTHING but slam through Thanos's big ass mother ship. Why shoe horn her into the MCU at this stage for her NOT to be the one that takes the load so Tony doesn't have to.

I think they killed Ironman because RDJ hasn't been on contract for a while. He was only under contract for the first Ironman and since then he has been making bank. It is rumored he made $75 Mil from Infinity Wars so he will make north of that for Endgame.

You couldn't make another Avengers and not include him if he was alive. Chris Evans was the same way, they just figured out a different way to end his Marvel career.

TrapGame
05-06-2019, 01:55 PM
I think they killed Ironman because RDJ hasn't been on contract for a while. He was only under contract for the first Ironman and since then he has been making bank. It is rumored he made $75 Mil from Infinity Wars so he will make north of that for Endgame.

You couldn't make another Avengers and not include him if he was alive. Chris Evans was the same way, they just figured out a different way to end his Marvel career.

Still poor writing and plot structure.

HereComesTheSpiral
05-06-2019, 04:00 PM
Still poor writing and plot structure.

Not as poor as the shoe horned girl power moment and the intentional cucking of Spider Man. Captain Marvel just flew through a spaceship but needs Black Panthers nerdy ass sister to help her get through some aliens.

TrapGame
05-06-2019, 04:18 PM
Not as poor as the shoe horned girl power moment and the intentional cucking of Spider Man. Captain Marvel just flew through a spaceship but needs Black Panthers nerdy ass sister to help her get through some aliens.

http://gif-finder.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Keegan-Michael-Key-Thank-you.gif

TrapGame
05-06-2019, 04:21 PM
If I could ask the Russo Brothers one question it would be why couldn't Captain Marvel put on the gauntlet and wish Thanos into the cornfield with his band of merry men.

Tbonewannabe
05-06-2019, 08:07 PM

I agree with that. I don't care that they had the girl power moment but they just overpowered Captain Marvel. Scarlett Witch got her powers the same way but Danvers is so much tougher than Thor, who is a god.

I don't understand what kind of villain she will go against now.

TrapGame
05-06-2019, 09:03 PM
I agree with that. I don't care that they had the girl power moment but they just overpowered Captain Marvel. Scarlett Witch got her powers the same way but Danvers is so much tougher than Thor, who is a god.

I don't understand what kind of villain she will go against now.

Oh, that's easy...Galactus.

HereComesTheSpiral
05-06-2019, 09:39 PM
So Endgame is one of my favorite Marvel movies after the first time I have seen it. It could go up or down on the 2nd or multiple viewings. Guardians of the Galaxy 1 is my favorite movie ever so Endgame is #2.

It starts out kind of slow but picks up with the Time Heist. Paul Rudd is just a delight on screen. I enjoyed Antman and he is a big reason why.

Fat Thor was hilarious along with Korg and Meek just hanging out drinking beers and playing Xbox.

Captain America picking up Thor's hammer was sooooooo BADASS.

The women in the theater lost their shit when the "female Avengers" assembled around Capt Marvel with the gauntlet. I wonder if they try and create a female Avengers type of movie or if this was kind of fan service for the people calling for it.

Tony hugging Peter when he showed back up caused a lot of crying.

I thought a woman was going to collapse from crying with Ironman's death.

Looking at the movies, the only way to end Robert Downey Jr's marvel career was for him to die. He would always be Ironman alive. Chris Evans was able to go back in time so that was relatively the same. The next big threat would pull them back into it if there was a chance, this way both are done with their contract.

I don't know how they do a Black Widow movie. Not sure if it makes the Marvel type money now that you know she is dead and it is purely a legacy movie similar to Solo.

Guardians 3 has to be chasing down Gamorra. Best couple in the Marvel series.

Will there be a Thor 3 or will he get rolled into Guardians 3 or both?

What will be the next Marvel movies?

Loki, Falcon and Winter Soldier, and Scarlett Witch are all having shows on Disney+ channel. Definitely going to compete for those Netflix and Hulu subscriptions.

Spiderman is already coming out this year so that is done.

Black Panther 2 is supposed to come out.

Dr. Strange 2 is also supposed to be in the works.

The Eternals was announced. It is the race that Thanos was a part of and will be set in the past.

Some Asian character similar to Iron Fist. Can't remember his name.

So I think that maybe Hawkeye, Hulk, and Antman are all done. I will be surprised if they do more than a cameo.

I am sure they held off on announcing anything else to prevent any type of ruining Endgame. Everyone knew that the characters somehow came back because of Spiderman and Black Panther 2 being worked on. It will be interesting if we find out about any other movies at San Diego Comicon.

Hawkeye and Ant Man need a Disney+ show together, the Jeremy Renner and Paul Rudd bromance is great, like Andrew Mackie and Sebastian Stan. It would also be great if they did a Guardians of the Galaxy season with Iron Man, Downey Jr and Chris Pratt were great together. Just wishful dreams I guess.

Tbonewannabe
05-07-2019, 06:26 AM
Oh, that's easy...Galactus.

He seems more like an Avengers villain than just one person should take on but they do have her kind of overpowered.

TrapGame
05-07-2019, 08:19 AM
He seems more like an Avengers villain than just one person should take on but they do have her kind of overpowered.

From what I've read the MCU is going more cosmic and will involve Galactus/Silver Surfer/Eternals/Adam Warlock. I think the Asguardians of the Galaxy movie (GOTG 3) will set the stage for that.

TrapGame
05-08-2019, 08:51 AM
Just read that James Gunn has confirmed Thor will be in GOTG 3. Also a big rumor that Thor 3 was so successful that the director has been asked to assist in writing a screen play and direct a Thor 4. The Black Widow movie is in pre-production and shooting begins this summer. I'm telling y'all they're gambling big time on a BW movie after her fate in Endgame.

Tbonewannabe
05-08-2019, 10:05 AM
Just read that James Gunn has confirmed Thor will be in GOTG 3. Also a big rumor that Thor 3 was so successful that the director has been asked to assist in writing a screen play and direct a Thor 4. The Black Widow movie is in pre-production and shooting begins this summer. I'm telling y'all they're gambling big time on a BW movie after her fate in Endgame.

I was telling my wife last night. Solo didn't do well for various reasons but one is people already knew everything they needed to know. There has been several movies that will be similar to a Black Widow prequel (Red Sparrow with Jennifer Lawrence). It will still make money but it will be on the lower side than what Marvel is used to. I think they should just concentrate on someone like Valkrye or have some type of Girl Avengers spin off if a women's movie is what they are looking for. It isn't like every original Avenger had their own movie. Hulk or Hawkeye hasn't had a stand alone Marvel movie, which Hulk has the universal movies and there is some type of contract issue with a stand alone movie.

I think the Black Widow movie ship has now sailed but I think they just want to throw a bone to ScarJo for the last 10 years. She has done Lucy and Ghost in the Shell which will both be similar and neither did well at the box office. I watched Lucy and it was pretty good though.

TrapGame
05-08-2019, 11:11 AM
I was telling my wife last night. Solo didn't do well for various reasons but one is people already knew everything they needed to know. There has been several movies that will be similar to a Black Widow prequel (Red Sparrow with Jennifer Lawrence). It will still make money but it will be on the lower side than what Marvel is used to. I think they should just concentrate on someone like Valkrye or have some type of Girl Avengers spin off if a women's movie is what they are looking for. It isn't like every original Avenger had their own movie. Hulk or Hawkeye hasn't had a stand alone Marvel movie, which Hulk has the universal movies and there is some type of contract issue with a stand alone movie.

I think the Black Widow movie ship has now sailed but I think they just want to throw a bone to ScarJo for the last 10 years. She has done Lucy and Ghost in the Shell which will both be similar and neither did well at the box office. I watched Lucy and it was pretty good though.

I love ScarJo. Lucy was really good. I think Marvel missed a huge window of opportunity years ago by not following up Avengers 1 with a Hawkeye/Black Widow buddy movie where the perils of Budapest come back to haunt them. Maybe could have foreshadowed Winter Soldier too.

Tbonewannabe
05-08-2019, 11:45 AM
I love ScarJo. Lucy was really good. I think Marvel missed a huge window of opportunity years ago by not following up Avengers 1 with a Hawkeye/Black Widow buddy movie where the perils of Budapest come back to haunt them. Maybe could have foreshadowed Winter Soldier too.

I agree, I would actually want that more than an origin movie.

TrapGame
05-09-2019, 04:00 PM
Got a guy on Reddit that nailed plot of Infinity War and Endgame saying GOTG3 will be epic. Drax finds his daughter is alive. Nebula and Quill become a bickering brother and sister. Rocket gets a uplifted female otter as a love interest (this is acyually out of the GOTG comic). Rocket also finds out he was created by one of the Eternals.

Tbonewannabe
05-09-2019, 04:33 PM
Got a guy on Reddit that nailed plot of Infinity War and Endgame saying GOTG3 will be epic. Drax finds his daughter is alive. Nebula and Quill become a bickering brother and sister. Rocket gets a uplifted female otter as a love interest (this is acyually out of the GOTG comic). Rocket also finds out he was created by one of the Eternals.

James Gunn nails these movies. GOTG 1 is my favorite movie of all time. I could definitely see it tying in with The Eternals since that is one of the big movies of Phase 4. Drax's daughter in the comics is one of the GOTG also.

I am sure the Nebula Quill relationship will be hilarious.