PDA

View Full Version : So according to Gene, Woodruff was consistently low 90s.

messageboardsuperhero
10-22-2013, 03:15 PM
He also hit 94 and 96 one time each, so he probably let a few rip at the end of his session. I believe this is just his first time throwing to live batters since the surgery. And the wool continues to grow...

CJDAWG85
10-22-2013, 03:21 PM
I think he threw in Cali this summer? Could be mistaking him for someone else though?

messageboardsuperhero
10-22-2013, 03:25 PM
He was rehabbing from surgery this summer. You might be thinking of Fitts or Shelly.

bully99
10-22-2013, 03:27 PM
Baseball America released its full top 25 recruiting class rankings. 9 of the top 25 are from the sec. Interesting that lsu and Arkansas aren't in there. Takes more than just a nice stadium.

CJDAWG85
10-22-2013, 03:39 PM
It's Fitts... My bad.

Lefthandersrule
10-22-2013, 03:53 PM
Woody was shut down all summer. He has been throwing flat ground, etc. this fall bringing him along slowly don't need to rush season is too far away.

Todd4State
10-22-2013, 04:10 PM
Was this in a scrimmage or was it to guys standing there in the box? It sounds like he is slightly ahead of schedule- I had heard he was supposed to start throwing in November.

Vandownbytheriver
10-22-2013, 04:15 PM
I we sure Gene isn't just trying to start problems again*****

Jacksondevildog
10-22-2013, 04:16 PM
Great news about him.
Was this in a scrimmage or was it to guys standing there in the box? It sounds like he is slightly ahead of schedule- I had heard he was supposed to start throwing in November.

CadaverDawg
10-22-2013, 04:32 PM
Great news about him.

Wow. We have been talking about these other guys so much, I had almost started to look at Woody as a pleasant surprise if he is able to get back to his old form. If he is bringing it low to mid 90's and can regain his old control....pass me the shears

MarketingBully01
10-22-2013, 04:42 PM
Yeah, he is a dominant starting pitcher like that Vandy kid last year if he can consistently hit mid 90s. I hope he has a Stratton like year this year and is a first round draft pick. I know we would only have him really one great year but dang a talent like that I really only want to have up to their junior year. That would mean to me that they were special those first three years.

Lefthandersrule
10-22-2013, 04:58 PM
He threw batting practice to live hitters before the scrimmage.

Todd4State
10-22-2013, 05:00 PM
I we sure Gene isn't just trying to start problems again*****

Well, Gene did promote hiring Raffo vs. going after Cohen. Which makes it really funny to read Gene talking good about Cohen and his staff now.

Todd4State
10-22-2013, 05:02 PM
Wow. We have been talking about these other guys so much, I had almost started to look at Woody as a pleasant surprise if he is able to get back to his old form. If he is bringing it low to mid 90's and can regain his old control....pass me the shears

I would have been more disappointed if he hadn't come back 100%. We caught his fracture at the right time.

MsStateBaseball
10-22-2013, 05:03 PM
Woody looking to get drafted high. He is raring to go. I would be too. Friday night starter IMO.

Todd4State
10-22-2013, 05:03 PM
He threw batting practice to live hitters before the scrimmage.

I'll take that at this point. That makes sense to me because as I said he was allegedly to start pitching in Novemeber.

AlSwearengen
10-22-2013, 05:12 PM
Woodruff followed by R. Mitchell followed by Kenny Powers is a roller coaster that hitters will have problems adjusting to.

engie
10-22-2013, 05:16 PM
Baseball America released its full top 25 recruiting class rankings. 9 of the top 25 are from the sec. Interesting that lsu and Arkansas aren't in there. Takes more than just a nice stadium.

Just subjective rankings. We weren't in the top 40 last year either -- due to the small size of the class we were able to sign....

Facilities are a huge deal to recruits -- and there is no reason to downplay that. Baseball America also says OM signed a superior class to us -- but you'll have a hard time finding an MSU fan that is losing sleep over it -- because we know what to expect from our staff at this point.

Todd4State
10-22-2013, 05:54 PM
Just subjective rankings. We weren't in the top 40 last year either -- due to the small size of the class we were able to sign....

Facilities are a huge deal to recruits -- and there is no reason to downplay that. Baseball America also says OM signed a superior class to us -- but you'll have a hard time finding an MSU fan that is losing sleep over it -- because we know what to expect from our staff at this point.

And about that not top 40 class- despite it's size, it has four guys that have already been invited to the Cape Cod League. Including one that redshirted.

Baseball America might be anti-Canadian.

Todd4State
10-22-2013, 05:58 PM
And I know I'm preaching to the choir on this- but the reason UCLA won the National Championship last year was because they had two lights out starting pitchers and a great closer even though they couldn't hit water in a lake if they jumped in.

Having two guys like Woodruff and Lindgren throwing in the mid 90's and then on Sunday you may see Dakota Hudson. That's the kind of stuff you would expect to see out of a MLB staff. And then Fitts is a solid pitcher too.

notsofarawaydawg
10-22-2013, 06:15 PM
You folks sound like you are trying to win that recruiting championship like the bears do in February. Nothing matters but who is there in the end like we were last year.

messageboardsuperhero
10-22-2013, 07:17 PM
And I know I'm preaching to the choir on this- but the reason UCLA won the National Championship last year was because they had two lights out starting pitchers and a great closer even though they couldn't hit water in a lake if they jumped in.

Having two guys like Woodruff and Lindgren throwing in the mid 90's and then on Sunday you may see Dakota Hudson. That's the kind of stuff you would expect to see out of a MLB staff. And then Fitts is a solid pitcher too.

Then our bullpen isn't chopped liver either. Gentry, Mitchell, Cox, and Holder are all either All-Americans or have pitched/are going to pitch in the Cape (both in Holder's case), not to mention Bracewell, Shelly, and all the freshmen. We'll have one of our most talented staffs ever this year.

CooterDavenport
10-22-2013, 07:20 PM
Not going to lie. I've got my own Woody now.

Thick
10-22-2013, 07:28 PM
Not going to lie. I've got my own Woody now.

Easy there Harvey Milk....we don't need any "Gaygate" over here!

bully99
10-22-2013, 08:40 PM
So 'Thick 'is scolding 'Woody '. You can't make this stuff up.