PDA

View Full Version : Murderers row

CadaverDawg
04-29-2019, 02:48 PM
At Arkansas (currently Top 5)
Vs Georgia (currently Top 10)
At A&M (currently #14)
At Ole Miss (currently #13)

So far we're 3-3 in murderers row with two road series coming up. We desperately need to win one of these next two series and go no worse than 3-3. I feel like 6-6 in that stretch with the potential of going 9-6 to finish with South Carolina at home at least gives us a shot at a National Seed. Winning the next two series would likely seal the deal with them being Top 15 road series. My opinion of course.

Thoughts?

BorneDawg
04-29-2019, 03:00 PM
Know it'll be a tuff series but if the rebel bear sharts can sweep A&M maybe they are more beatable than we thought......?

CadaverDawg
04-29-2019, 03:10 PM
Know it'll be a tuff series but if the rebel bear sharts can sweep A&M maybe they are more beatable than we thought......?

Maybe so...or does that mean Ole Miss at their place will be even tougher than we thought? Road series are so tough in this league.

RougeDawg
04-29-2019, 04:09 PM
To be honest, Arkansas was not firing on all cylinders until we rolled into town. They were somewhat slumping before our series and the bats woke up that weekend and have not stopped.

Todd4State
04-29-2019, 04:38 PM
Winning the next two series probably puts us at worst on the National Seed bubble- but with one series left at home to cement a National Seed.

One thing people need to remember- the SEC has had four National Seeds before I believe two out of the last three years and that could very well happen again.

Todd4State
04-29-2019, 04:43 PM
Maybe so...or does that mean Ole Miss at their place will be even tougher than we thought? Road series are so tough in this league.

I think it means both. Texas A&M has very strong LH starting pitcher that some think is the best duo in the conference. But they do not hit the ball very well. Now that I've said that they will destroy our pitching this weekend.

Ole Miss is very difficult to play in Oxford. Both series will be very difficult for us.

And we do have some issues ourselves. Can we continue to maintain focus despite being patted on the back? Will our bullpen pitch it like Auburn and Georgia on Sunday or will they pitch it like the Governor's Cup? Which pitcher in the bullpen will be on and which one will be off? Defense?

MarketingBully
04-29-2019, 05:41 PM
I think it means both. Texas A&M has very strong LH starting pitcher that some think is the best duo in the conference. But they do not hit the ball very well. Now that I've said that they will destroy our pitching this weekend.

Ole Miss is very difficult to play in Oxford. Both series will be very difficult for us.

And we do have some issues ourselves. Can we continue to maintain focus despite being patted on the back? Will our bullpen pitch it like Auburn and Georgia on Sunday or will they pitch it like the Governor's Cup? Which pitcher in the bullpen will be on and which one will be off? Defense?

A&M is more like Tennessee and Georgia. Ole Miss is more like Arkansas. I like our chances of taking the series this weekend. I think we can win the series in Oxford but it will take performances from our starters like we got against Georgia. Overall, I like our chances of finishing 7-2 and finishing the regular season 44-11. That easily will wrap up a national seed no matter what anyone else does.

MarketingBully
04-29-2019, 05:46 PM
To be honest, Arkansas was not firing on all cylinders until we rolled into town. They were somewhat slumping before our series and the bats woke up that weekend and have not stopped.

Meh, they got two straight home series. We had one home series, a road series, and a home series. Had we had the Alabama and Georgia series together we’d be 6-0 and so called streaking. They are currently 10-2 at home in the league. They have two road series left and one home. It’s easy to look like your streaking if the SEC let’s you have a prolonged home stand towards the end of the season.

Jack Lambert
04-29-2019, 07:43 PM
At Arkansas (currently Top 5)
Vs Georgia (currently Top 10)
At A&M (currently #14)
At Ole Miss (currently #13)

So far we're 3-3 in murderers row with two road series coming up. We desperately need to win one of these next two series and go no worse than 3-3. I feel like 6-6 in that stretch with the potential of going 9-6 to finish with South Carolina at home at least gives us a shot at a National Seed. Winning the next two series would likely seal the deal with them being Top 15 road series. My opinion of course.

Thoughts?

5-1 out of the last two on the list and 7-2 or 8-1 in the last three.

RougeDawg
04-29-2019, 08:19 PM
Meh, they got two straight home series. We had one home series, a road series, and a home series. Had we had the Alabama and Georgia series together we?d be 6-0 and so called streaking. They are currently 10-2 at home in the league. They have two road series left and one home. It?s easy to look like your streaking if the SEC let?s you have a prolonged home stand towards the end of the season.

They had been slumping for Arkansas standards leading up to our series with them. The announcers harped on it the entire broadcast of game 1. We were their late night, last call slump buster.

Homedawg
04-29-2019, 09:02 PM
5-1 out of the last two on the list and 7-2 or 8-1 in the last three.

Wow. Nothing like expectations.... 6-3 will suit me fine. I say we go 5-4.

Todd4State
04-29-2019, 09:36 PM
A&M is more like Tennessee and Georgia. Ole Miss is more like Arkansas. I like our chances of taking the series this weekend. I think we can win the series in Oxford but it will take performances from our starters like we got against Georgia. Overall, I like our chances of finishing 7-2 and finishing the regular season 44-11. That easily will wrap up a national seed no matter what anyone else does.

I can buy those comparisons.

Jack Lambert
04-29-2019, 09:53 PM
Wow. Nothing like expectations.... 6-3 will suit me fine. I say we go 5-4.

The Arkansas lose got their heads back to normal size and they dominated the best team in the SEC. We got A&m, Ole Miss and SC left. No reason to fear those schools. We are the better team in all three of those games. The first two are over rated, that's the fact Jack and SC sucks.

MarketingBully
04-29-2019, 11:15 PM
They had been slumping for Arkansas standards leading up to our series with them. The announcers harped on it the entire broadcast of game 1. We were their late night, last call slump buster.

The week before they played us they were at Vandy and should have been swept. They had to score five runs late just to win the Sunday game 14-12. They will lose at least one this weekend against Kentucky at Kentucky. The only losses they have at home in the SEC is the series loss to Ole Miss so that means they have 3 sweeps at home. They are a much much different team at home then they are on the road but that makes sense with the number of freshmen they depend on on the mound. If we get a chance to play them again, I think we will beat them. I know for a fact if we had played them at DNF we’d of at least won the series.

Jarius
04-30-2019, 05:33 AM
We are better than every team we have left to play.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-30-2019, 08:46 AM
5-4 & 1 in Hoover gets us a national seed.

bulldogcountry1
04-30-2019, 10:50 AM
Not concerned with UM because we have Jake Mangum.

WPS
04-30-2019, 11:49 AM
The week before they played us they were at Vandy and should have been swept. They had to score five runs late just to win the Sunday game 14-12. They will lose at least one this weekend against Kentucky at Kentucky. The only losses they have at home in the SEC is the series loss to Ole Miss so that means they have 3 sweeps at home. They are a much much different team at home then they are on the road but that makes sense with the number of freshmen they depend on on the mound. If we get a chance to play them again, I think we will beat them. I know for a fact if we had played them at DNF we?d of at least won the series.

Even last year, Arkansas went 34-3 at home but didn't win a single road series. It was probably the only time a team has ever played in the CWS finals after not winning a road series all year. Neutral site didn't seem to hurt much though.

Did win the series @ Auburn earlier this year. I think Vandy is probably playing like the best team in the league right now.

Jarius
04-30-2019, 12:40 PM
Even last year, Arkansas went 34-3 at home but didn't win a single road series. It was probably the only time a team has ever played in the CWS finals after not winning a road series all year. Neutral site didn't seem to hurt much though.

Did win the series @ Auburn earlier this year. I think Vandy is probably playing like the best team in the league right now.

Vandy has benefited from having the easiest SEC schedule they could possibly ask for.

Homedawg
04-30-2019, 03:11 PM
The week before they played us they were at Vandy and should have been swept. They had to score five runs late just to win the Sunday game 14-12. They will lose at least one this weekend against Kentucky at Kentucky. The only losses they have at home in the SEC is the series loss to Ole Miss so that means they have 3 sweeps at home. They are a much much different team at home then they are on the road but that makes sense with the number of freshmen they depend on on the mound. If we get a chance to play them again, I think we will beat them. I know for a fact if we had played them at DNF we’d of at least won the series.

Hahah. You know for a fact on something that's a complete opinion. That's funny. Didn't say we couldn't have beaten them here, but the part about it being a fact is hilarious

preachermatt83
04-30-2019, 06:07 PM
We can win one game in each of the next two series and win two against south car and that will put us at 17 wins and it will still be on the national seed bubble. 17 wins on bubble and 18 is lock... imo.

preachermatt83
04-30-2019, 06:09 PM
I think we win 1 against aTm, 2 against OM, and 2 against Carolina and we are national seed