PDA

View Full Version : TN up 3-2 on AR...........

West Tn Dawg
04-28-2019, 06:49 PM
going to bottom of the 9th. Gave up a solo HR to the nine hole hitter to send to extra innings. Damn AR!

maroonmania
04-28-2019, 07:09 PM
And AR just swept. I think we are probably too far back of AR and Vandy to win the SEC but we are still in the hunt for a national seed. Would certainly like to win the SEC but with the uneven schedules the SEC, in baseball and basketball, is a crap shoot.

99jc
04-28-2019, 07:13 PM
National seed is all that matters really.

MarketingBully
04-28-2019, 07:15 PM
I don’t understand why we can’t get 4: Us, Arky, Vandy, UGA. We had four last year.

ShotgunDawg
04-28-2019, 07:21 PM
going to bottom of the 9th. Gave up a solo HR to the nine hole hitter to send to extra innings. Damn AR!

A complete shit HR with a gale force wind blowing out to RF. Would landed near the warning track at DNF

Todd4State
04-28-2019, 07:41 PM
And AR just swept. I think we are probably too far back of AR and Vandy to win the SEC but we are still in the hunt for a national seed. Would certainly like to win the SEC but with the uneven schedules the SEC, in baseball and basketball, is a crap shoot.

This is true. And why I like my idea of a 36 game SEC schedule where you play the other three cross divisional teams midweek on Tuesday and Weds throughout the year.

WeWonItAll(Most)
04-28-2019, 07:45 PM

Vandy?s last 3 series are against South Carolina, Mizzou and Kentucky. With them being 2 games ahead of us already, we would pretty much only be able to lose one more from here on out to have a shot. The uneven schedules are crap, I wish they could figure out how to do a full 39 game conference slate.

ShotgunDawg
04-28-2019, 07:47 PM
Vandy?s last 3 series are against South Carolina, Mizzou and Kentucky. With them being 2 games ahead of us already, we would pretty much only be able to lose one more from here on out to have a shot. The uneven schedules are crap, I wish they could figure out how to do a full 39 game conference slate.

The limited 30 game schedule with 14 conference teams is certainly an issue in determining the SEC champ.

Vandy is essentially playing in the AL central while all the West teams are playing in the AL East

Homedawg
04-28-2019, 09:43 PM
The limited 30 game schedule with 14 conference teams is certainly an issue in determining the SEC champ.

Vandy is essentially playing in the AL central while all the West teams are playing in the AL East

It's not different than the football champ. Who you play on the other side determines who makes the championship game. It's not a perfect world in college or pro. Can't play em all equal Beat who you play. I know it might bust you in a year you are good. But it is what it is.

maroonmania
04-28-2019, 10:05 PM
It's not different than the football champ. Who you play on the other side determines who makes the championship game. It's not a perfect world in college or pro. Can't play em all equal Beat who you play. I know it might bust you in a year you are good. But it is what it is.

Really its no different than basketball. With football at least you play everyone you are competing with because the goal is to just win the division. Conference champion is then determined on the field against the other division champ. Now yes, you can get a bad draw on your opponents from the other division but you only play 2. But regardless agree that nothing is ever perfectly equal and just have to play your schedule. To win the baseball championship in 2016 we had to win 21 SEC games and it would probably take that again this year to do it which would mean winning 8 of 9 with 2 of our 3 series being on the road. Not an easy task.

ShotgunDawg
04-29-2019, 07:52 AM
It's amazing that Arkansas ran off a 1st round pitcher and still may win the league.

Yes, Jackson Rutledge who pitches for San Jacinto College in Houston was on Arkansas' roster last year and will likely be a top 25 overall pick in the draft.

If they still had him, they'd be by far the best team in the league and maybe the country.

WPS
04-29-2019, 10:50 AM
It's amazing that Arkansas ran off a 1st round pitcher and still may win the league.

Yes, Jackson Rutledge who pitches for San Jacinto College in Houston was on Arkansas' roster last year and will likely be a top 25 overall pick in the draft.

If they still had him, they'd be by far the best team in the league and maybe the country.

Yeah he is huge and hit 98 several times here last year but had zero control. Must have worked a lot on that over the offseason.

Wicklander and Noland have definitely shown why they've gotten opportunities in the starting rotation as freshmen lately though. Been up and down most of the year but finally living up to the hype and figuring things out. Still not sure the pitching staff is deep enough to make a serious run but they've been better in SEC play than they were in OOC for whatever reason it seems like.

ShotgunDawg
04-29-2019, 12:08 PM
Yeah he is huge and hit 98 several times here last year but had zero control. Must have worked a lot on that over the offseason.

Wicklander and Noland have definitely shown why they've gotten opportunities in the starting rotation as freshmen lately though. Been up and down most of the year but finally living up to the hype and figuring things out. Still not sure the pitching staff is deep enough to make a serious run but they've been better in SEC play than they were in OOC for whatever reason it seems like.

For sure.

Rutledge has control now & would be your Friday guy with Campbell on Saturday, if he would've stayed. DVH screwed that one up.

Wicklander is really good & Noland could be really good if he could find a fast ball. Pitches backwards