PDA

View Full Version : SWEEP!!

CadaverDawg
04-28-2019, 04:37 PM
4-0 this week vs Top 20 Ole Miss and Top 5 UGA. Way to bounce back after a rough trip to Fayetteville. I was really wanting to see how our guys responded after adversity, and boy did they respond. Let's keep it rolling, another tough series next weekend

shoeless joe
04-28-2019, 04:50 PM
Last years postseason run proved the mental toughness of this team. And honestly most everybody would’ve taken a 3-3 record for the past two weekends and that’s what we got. Just didn’t expect both to involve sweeps. 6-3 the rest of the way prolly gets a natty seed.

msbulldog
04-28-2019, 05:00 PM
4-0 this week vs Top 20 Ole Miss and Top 5 UGA. Way to bounce back after a rough trip to Fayetteville. I was really wanting to see how our guys responded after adversity, and boy did they respond. Let's keep it rolling, another tough series next weekend

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CadaverDawg again.

HoopsDawg
04-28-2019, 05:02 PM
Hell of a week and Hell of a response.

R2Dawg
04-28-2019, 05:33 PM

Yep, that is the way you get yourself back in the national picture again with style. The past 4 games should have addressed any doubters again, talking media talking heads to some degree that thought we were in some trouble.

ShotgunDawg
04-28-2019, 05:36 PM
We are clearly one of the best 10 teams in the country. After that, it's just about clicking at the right time as to whether or not we get to Omaha & make a run

RougeDawg
04-28-2019, 05:51 PM

What he said. I posted after the sweep that we would learn the character of this team this coming week. Would they sulk or nut up. We all got the answer. Very nice bounce back.

We need to work on infield defense and base running badly. That will bite you come tournament time. Not sure how much you can improve baserunning at this point but situational running needs to be talked about from here on out. It is clear that we do not have our minds on the situations and the little things needed to put pressure on a defense. Pickoffs must be eliminated.

Bullpen shows sparks of dominance. Just lacks consistency. Need to shore that up as well.

No e week, but no time to celebrate. The next three weekends are not easy and critical.

Turfdawg67
04-28-2019, 08:07 PM
Maybe we didn't peak early after all...

somebodyshotmypaw
04-28-2019, 08:37 PM
And the Ole Miss win was big also. Winning three non-conference games versus Ole Miss, Texas Tech, and East Carolina will look good on our resume.

Todd4State
04-28-2019, 08:44 PM
And the Ole Miss win was big also. Winning three non-conference games versus Ole Miss, Texas Tech, and East Carolina will look good on our resume.

And Samford on the road and possibly Sam Houston State as well. And the USM series win.

Commercecomet24
04-28-2019, 10:05 PM
The team was embarrassed after last week(as they should've been), but we had leaders in that locker room step up and hold some folks accountable. This team has some stones guys! Great response from the team this week. Dominated!

Ari Gold
04-29-2019, 12:35 AM
Need to go 5-4 next 9 6-3 would be ideal but 18-12 should lock up a National seed