PDA

View Full Version : RPI

KOdawg1
04-28-2019, 04:37 PM
is now up to #5 on Warren Nolan. We absolutely CANNOT get swept next weekend. Really need to win 2 of 3, but getting swept twice in 3 weekends wouldn't be good. We're in great shape to lock up a national seed. As you guys saw this weekend, we're tough to beat at home, so a national seed gives us a great chance at Omaha again. Great weekend. Hail State!

CadaverDawg
04-28-2019, 04:39 PM
is now up to #5 on Warren Nolan. We absolutely CANNOT get swept next weekend. Really need to win 2 of 3, but getting swept twice in 3 weekends wouldn't be good. We're in great shape to lock up a national seed. As you guys saw this weekend, we're tough to beat at home, so a national seed gives us a great chance at Omaha again. Great weekend. Hail State!

Win the next two series and we will be hosting South Carolina with a chance to sew up a National seed. Tall order to win these next two series though

Activated Alpha
04-28-2019, 04:43 PM
Win the next two series and we will be hosting South Carolina with a chance to sew up a National seed. Tall order to win these next two series though

Especially when Thur-Sat games have been our bane all season long

KOdawg1
04-28-2019, 04:43 PM

We could honestly go 3-3 over the next two weekends and still probably get a national seed. That would put us at 16-11 going into the South Carolina series where we should easily win at least 2 games, giving us at worst a 18-12 overall conference record. I think that's good enough.

Of course, that's a lot of speculation and there's plenty of baseball left.

Zildjan
04-29-2019, 06:19 AM
What was Georgia's RPI coming in? I noticed it's still at 4. If they got swept and didn't move that's curious. Or extremely respectful of us.

Saltydog
04-29-2019, 07:13 AM
Alabama RPI is at 51. Need them to stay inside the top 50. That would give us 3 more Q1 wins. Right now we're 15-9. 3 extra q1 wins would be beneficial.

MetEdDawg
04-29-2019, 10:49 AM
Alabama RPI is at 51. Need them to stay inside the top 50. That would give us 3 more Q1 wins. Right now we're 15-9. 3 extra q1 wins would be beneficial.

Them being on the borderline like that could really help or hurt us. They definitely have to stay in the Top 50 RPI.

I think if we finish 5-4 in conference we will for sure be a national seed. I see it playing out at us beating OM twice, beating TAMU once, and beating SC twice.

5-4 makes us 18-12 in conference and we would probably be a Top 6 team. Our SOS has really been moving down recently and that's helping. A couple weeks ago we were in the high 40s in SOS. Down to 25 now and I expect that in the teens with OM and TAMU still left to play.

All you can hope for is a national seed. Nothing else truly matters. It's nice to win the SEC, but that national seed is where the money and recognition is at. Unless Arkansas has a meltdown, we aren't winning the SEC. But we have a great chance at what really matters, and that's a guaranteed host through the supers.

ScoobaDawg
04-29-2019, 11:06 AM
Hopefully we can get all 3 in... lot of rain forecast for texas this week all through the weekend too.

Todd4State
05-01-2019, 02:21 AM
RPI now currently up to four as I type this and we have leaped Georgia in RPI.

MetEdDawg
05-01-2019, 05:52 AM
RPI now currently up to four as I type this and we have leaped Georgia in RPI.

Just looking at the actual RPI numbers, 4 is probably about as high as we can get unless we do something like win 9 or 10 out of these last 11 games.

UCLA is the clear number 1. We are at 4 and our RPI is .0285 behind theirs. So doing the math and looking at the teams behind us in RPI, the difference between us and number 4 is the same as the difference between us and #19 currently in RPI. Big distance. Vandy is not that far behind them.

Conceivably a couple bad weekends by Arkansas and a couple of good weekends by us could get us to #3 but that seems unlikely. Also, East Carolina is as close to us as possible. They are .0001 behind us in RPI.

Thing that will help us is our SOS is going to continue to go down. We play 3 against current RPI 18 in TAMU, 3 against RPI 21 in OM, 3 against RPI 71 in SC. Unfortunately Memphis is now 114 and that stinks. La Tech is at 57. So I would imagine we end up with an SOS near 15.

msbulldog
05-01-2019, 06:01 AM
#4 RPI is plenty to get a national seed, if we have a #4 come selection time we will have the necessary wins.

Todd4State
05-01-2019, 02:51 PM
Just looking at the actual RPI numbers, 4 is probably about as high as we can get unless we do something like win 9 or 10 out of these last 11 games.

UCLA is the clear number 1. We are at 4 and our RPI is .0285 behind theirs. So doing the math and looking at the teams behind us in RPI, the difference between us and number 4 is the same as the difference between us and #19 currently in RPI. Big distance. Vandy is not that far behind them.

Conceivably a couple bad weekends by Arkansas and a couple of good weekends by us could get us to #3 but that seems unlikely. Also, East Carolina is as close to us as possible. They are .0001 behind us in RPI.

Thing that will help us is our SOS is going to continue to go down. We play 3 against current RPI 18 in TAMU, 3 against RPI 21 in OM, 3 against RPI 71 in SC. Unfortunately Memphis is now 114 and that stinks. La Tech is at 57. So I would imagine we end up with an SOS near 15.

I can't see us going much higher than what we are unless some people tank it at the end of the year. Which is fine with me because having a RPI of four is pretty good and certainly good enough to get a National Seed. SOS is the only blemish on our schedule at this point- thanks to Cann or whoever the idiot was that thought that scheduling five SWAC teams was a good idea when it's obvious that we had people like La Tech willing to play us and two in state minor league parks that would love to host MSU. Last I saw our SOS was 27 so after we play our remaining opponents we should be in the 15-20 range as far as SOS is concerned. Maybe most importantly is we have officially jumped Georgia in RPI as the third highest RPI team which almost makes us a lock to get a National Seed if we remain in that position.

If Alabama can get into Q1 and La Tech can get into Q1 that would help us immensely because we have a real chance to finish with the most Q1 wins of anyone in the country despite the SWAC championship that we have already locked up.

Right now as of this moment D1Baseball.com has us projected as a National Seed as the number four National Seed opposite the Baylor regional.

smootness
05-01-2019, 02:59 PM
We are obviously a national seed as of now. I think we'd have to have at least one pretty bad weekend to change that. Win 2 of the 3 series left, and it's a given that we get one. Win 1, and it's still possible.

Todd4State
05-01-2019, 10:00 PM
We are obviously a national seed as of now. I think we'd have to have at least one pretty bad weekend to change that. Win 2 of the 3 series left, and it's a given that we get one. Win 1, and it's still possible.

It's still fluid obviously. Ideally we would take 2/3 from A&M and Ole Miss and sweep South Carolina while beating Memphis and La Tech. That's just the ideal scenario. The reality is we can do less than that and get a National Seed.

MetEdDawg
05-02-2019, 06:07 AM
USM beat Ole Miss 5-3 last night. Got our SOS down to 23 and gained us some decent ground on Arkansas in RPI.

Alabama now sitting at 51. USM solidly in the Top 50 at 37

smootness
05-02-2019, 10:20 AM
It's still fluid obviously. Ideally we would take 2/3 from A&M and Ole Miss and sweep South Carolina while beating Memphis and La Tech. That's just the ideal scenario. The reality is we can do less than that and get a National Seed.

Oh, for sure we can do less than that and still host. That would put us at 20-10 in conference and probably the 2 seed behind UCLA. I think 5-4 or better probably keeps us as a national seed.

MetEdDawg
05-03-2019, 07:52 PM
East Carolina briefly passed us tonight after they beat Cincinnati in game 1 of their DH. After we beat TAMU not only did we pass them, but we are now only .0008 behind Arkansas. Basically, that road win gained us a ton of ground on Arkansas. SOS down to 21 for now.

ECU is playing game 2 of a DH right now and are up 6-3 bottom 8. Arkansas also leading Kentucky Top 8 5-1. Vandy, who has the #2 RPI, is in a slugfest with SC. They are tied 8-8 in the 4th. Need SC to take one from Vandy.

Also, Bama for the moment has jumped back into the Top 50 RPI giving us 19 Q1 wins, which is the most in all of college baseball at the moment.

Todd4State
05-03-2019, 07:54 PM
Oh, for sure we can do less than that and still host. That would put us at 20-10 in conference and probably the 2 seed behind UCLA. I think 5-4 or better probably keeps us as a national seed.

Likely.

Todd4State
05-03-2019, 07:57 PM
East Carolina briefly passed us tonight after they beat Cincinnati in game 1 of their DH. After we beat TAMU not only did we pass them, but we are now only .0008 behind Arkansas. Basically, that road win gained us a ton of ground on Arkansas. SOS down to 21 for now.

ECU is playing game 2 of a DH right now and are up 6-3 bottom 8. Arkansas also leading Kentucky Top 8 5-1. Vandy, who has the #2 RPI, is in a slugfest with SC. They are tied 8-8 in the 4th. Need SC to take one from Vandy.

Yes it did and 14 SEC wins is a "magic number" which probably cements us a spot in the regionals. Two more SEC wins with our resume' and we lock up a hosting bid for a regional. Four more I think locks up a National Seed. Biggest thing about A&M is we won't get swept. If we sweep them or win the series it would be huge for us.

MetEdDawg
05-04-2019, 05:55 AM
Ended the day .0003 behind Arkansas for 3rd in RPI. Win one today and we should pass them. Also ended the day with an SOS of 21. 19 Q1 wins which is now tied with Vandy and we have 11 wins over the RPI Top 20.

CadaverDawg
05-04-2019, 11:28 AM
Ended the day .0003 behind Arkansas for 3rd in RPI. Win one today and we should pass them. Also ended the day with an SOS of 21. 19 Q1 wins which is now tied with Vandy and we have 11 wins over the RPI Top 20.

Strong resume

HooverDawg
05-04-2019, 08:15 PM

We?ve already caught Arkansas. We?re currently #3

MetEdDawg
05-04-2019, 08:29 PM
We?ve already caught Arkansas. We?re currently #3

I honestly didn't think we would win 2 of 3, but I didn't expect that big of a jump in our RPI number. I think what helped us so much in that regard is that our SOS is now down to 15. About 3 weeks ago we were in the 40s.

It will be tough to catch Vandy but if we keep winning we could, although they have a difficult schedule and wins will keep them ahead of us. I expect UCLA to stay ahead no matter what because their conference is crap outside of Oregon State and Stanford (UCLA has already played both) so they will continue to win.

Either way, in the end, a series win @OM should lock up a national seed. We are probably the #3 after this weekend. We've done plenty including 20 Q1 wins. So we are in a great spot heading into the final 2 conference series.

Todd4State
05-04-2019, 09:43 PM
I honestly didn't think we would win 2 of 3, but I didn't expect that big of a jump in our RPI number. I think what helped us so much in that regard is that our SOS is now down to 15. About 3 weeks ago we were in the 40s.

It will be tough to catch Vandy but if we keep winning we could, although they have a difficult schedule and wins will keep them ahead of us. I expect UCLA to stay ahead no matter what because their conference is crap outside of Oregon State and Stanford (UCLA has already played both) so they will continue to win.

Either way, in the end, a series win @OM should lock up a national seed. We are probably the #3 after this weekend. We've done plenty including 20 Q1 wins. So we are in a great spot heading into the final 2 conference series.

I think some of it is a function of us winning two out of three and Arkansas being rain delayed at the moment. They could very well jump back ahead of us after they play. I'm starting to think that 17 SEC wins may lock up a National Seed for us. If we lose to Memphis it may go back to 18 SEC wins.

Also- La Tech ended their skid and they are now at RPI 49 at the moment.

Also we have 13 top 25 RPI wins at the moment. That's a huge number.

preachermatt83
05-04-2019, 10:09 PM
We have 6 sec games remaining... win one against OM and two against SC and we are national seed without any question.