PDA

View Full Version : Mia Davidson Ties SEC Home Run Record

Really Clark?
04-28-2019, 02:31 PM
25th Home Run this season and is also leading the nation. Congratulations! Also, 5th in the conference hitting .410.

Fa Leilua with her 21st today as well. Putting her tied for 7th for SEC single season HR.

Team also sweeps Missouri this weekend with a 8 run rule win today. Nice job this weekend. Williams is starting to find some better control and has held teams down the last 2-3 series.

West Tn Dawg
04-28-2019, 02:41 PM
Good Job, Mia! Congrats!

Quaoarsking
04-28-2019, 04:02 PM
Of the 3 players you mentioned, 2 are sophomores and the other transferred in, which means they all signed up after the new ballpark was built. Maybe Vann was decent all along and just needed something more to show recruits.

Dawg2003
04-28-2019, 04:45 PM
Our problem is that we have freshmen pitching. We are a good hitting team.

Really Clark?
04-28-2019, 05:02 PM
Our problem is that we have freshmen pitching. We are a good hitting team.

Williams is a Soph and when she keeps the walks down is pretty good. Loza is a junior transfer and just has not had the season on the rubber we had hoped. So the freshman have had to pitch more meaningful innings than we would have liked, mainly Bozeman but she hadn’t pitched much in awhile. Fagen will be pretty good but it’s a year or so too soon. Aspen is coming in next year, be interesting to see how ready she will be.

msbulldog
04-28-2019, 05:09 PM
HAIL STATE!!! GO GIRLS!!

Cooterpoot
04-28-2019, 08:18 PM
We swept one of the worst teams in SEC. We still need a new staff. Vann’s had plenty of time to improve our lot in the SEC and she hasn’t.

Really Clark?
04-28-2019, 08:45 PM
We swept one of the worst teams in SEC. We still need a new staff. Vann’s had plenty of time to improve our lot in the SEC and she hasn’t.

That’s not really true. They are still 7th in the league after the sweep and if they had won 2 of 3 would have been 5th (10-11 in conference play with a series win over 21st Georgia and sweep over 22nd ranked Kentucky who just won their series over Bama in Bama and swept us in the first series of the season) and 30th in the nation in the RPI. That’s a lot better of a sweep than you are making it out to be. Actually that’s a pretty bad take on a sweep when we run rule them on the rubber game. The conference beats on each other.

I’ve been over Vann for years and fine with a change (although she has settled down the last few years and made some changes the last 2 that has probably helped some) and Tyler. But Ricketts has the girls hitting. I keep going back to the question, if you are making a change who is it going to be? Because honestly I don’t think it’s a slam dunk we get much better with a lot of coaches out there. We had a national level coach in Jay Miller who couldn’t either. I have some I would definitely be good with changing to, if they would even come. But everyone that keeps harping about how bad we are gives absolutely no opinion about someone better.