PDA

View Full Version : So 34, you were saying the other day................

Liverpooldawg
04-27-2019, 06:22 PM
to me, what was it about the draft and one of our guys? I hate it, but jeeze man, you have to be realistic.

msstate7
04-27-2019, 06:24 PM
Gloating over a player not getting drafted is a low class move. Seems that's the kinda deal that made y'all resent C34.

Liverpooldawg
04-27-2019, 06:30 PM
Gloating over a player not getting drafted is a low class move. Seems that's the kinda deal that made y'all resent C34.

I'm not gloating about THAT at all, hence not naming the PLAYER. THAT sux. I wish I had been wrong. I'm just pointing out to 34 that he doesn't know as much as he thinks he does. This is aimed at 34 and ONLY 34.

msstate7
04-27-2019, 06:31 PM
I'm not gloating about THAT at all, hence not naming the PLAYER. THAT sux. I wish I had been wrong. I'm just pointing out to 34 that he doesn't know as much as he thinks he does. This is aimed at 34 and ONLY 34.

PM it then

Liverpooldawg
04-27-2019, 06:34 PM
PM it then

He didn't PM what he did to me. This is about 34, not the player. Give it a rest.

gravedigger
04-27-2019, 06:44 PM
PM it then

Why? Coach cant handle being publicly called out?

msstate7
04-27-2019, 06:46 PM
Why? Coach cant handle being publicly called out?

Liver said this thread was for C34 only

jackindabox
04-27-2019, 06:48 PM
What in the hell are you guys talking about

msstate7
04-27-2019, 06:50 PM
What in the hell are you guys talking about

Fitz.

He signed with Tampa bay. Congrats fitz, and good luck

BrunswickDawg
04-27-2019, 06:51 PM
I hate that more of our guys didn't get drafted. But, today showed how far we still have to go to build talent at a level to compete. While we were blessed with 3 first round guys on D - outside of that our draftable talent was scant. And look at the SEC - Bama 10, A&M and UGA has 7, Auburn and OM had 6, MSU UF and UK each with 5. While we have moved to the top half of the league, we need as many or more every year to have the depth to challenge to be any higher than we are in the pecking order. It shows exactly how long of a build we really are up against.

msstate7
04-27-2019, 06:52 PM
Peters to colts

msstate7
04-27-2019, 06:53 PM
Hoyett to titans

msstate7
04-27-2019, 06:55 PM
Calhoun to dolphins

Liverpooldawg
04-27-2019, 06:58 PM
Liver said this thread was for C34 only

If he had PMed me then I would have PMed it. Again, I'm not naming players. This is sort of rich coming from 7.

Quaoarsking
04-27-2019, 07:00 PM

Normally I would agree, but C34 has done things like this quite a few times. Anybody else remember his glee after we lost to South Alabama since he "warned us" (even though he actually didn't and predicted we would win).

Liverpooldawg
04-27-2019, 07:03 PM
Fitz.

He signed with Tampa bay. Congrats fitz, and good luck

Interesting, so you ARE naming players? Why dis players like that? Unreal.

Liverpooldawg
04-27-2019, 07:03 PM
Normally I would agree, but C34 has done things like this quite a few times. Anybody else remember his glee after we lost to South Alabama since he "warned us" (even though he actually didn't and predicted we would win).

Yep.

msstate7
04-27-2019, 07:04 PM
Interesting, so you ARE naming players? Why dis players like that? Unreal.

This is your thread. Own it

Liverpooldawg
04-27-2019, 07:06 PM
This is your thread. Own it

I did, and never mentioned a player by name, and still haven't. You brought that into it.

BeardoMSU
04-27-2019, 07:10 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/YkrEHLsVinbIuddp1q/giphy.gif

Relardo Sidney
04-27-2019, 07:19 PM
I did, and never mentioned a player by name, and still haven't. You brought that into it.

Are you 5 years old? You argue like one.

Liverpooldawg
04-27-2019, 09:26 PM

And your handle is what? Very eloquent that!

mparkerfd20
04-27-2019, 11:17 PM
Retard fight!

RougeDawg
04-28-2019, 03:16 AM

Don?t mind him. He?s wrong about 100% of the time. I only say he?s not wrong all of the time because he gets the day of the week correct every once in a few years. C34 repeatedly breaks one off in him and he has no response.

As much as some here dislike 34, he brings information good and bad. Most people cannot handle the negative and will pump sunshine until the end. I?ve brought negative information here and SPS for years and have been excoriated initially, only to have the information proven correct. As stated many, many times I do not come here to post false negative information. I attempt to keep everyone withinformed of negative things so they are not caught off guard.

Dallas_Dawg
04-28-2019, 04:17 AM
Anybody that thought Fitz would be drafted knows nothing about football and the NFL.
Nothing against the guy but that's pretty simple to predict.
I don't have the numbers but for sure less than 1% of college QBs get drafted. Probably more like less than 0.5%

TUSK
04-28-2019, 08:57 AM
Anybody that thought Fitz would be drafted knows nothing about football and the NFL.
I don't have the numbers but for sure less than 1% of college QBs get drafted. Probably more like less than 0.5%

And it only took 25 posts to get the correct answer... Congrats!!!

Repped.

msstate7
04-28-2019, 09:04 AM
As of 7:30 pm last night, there were 11 QBs drafted and 6 UDFAs. Fitz was in this group. To say there was zero chance is just incorrect... mid-6th and 7th rounders aren't much different than UDFAs

Coach34
04-28-2019, 09:30 AM
As of 7:30 pm last night, there were 11 QBs drafted and 6 UDFAs. Fitz was in this group. To say there was zero chance is just incorrect... mid-6th and 7th rounders aren't much different than UDFAs

I missed on this one. Congrats Liverpool- for once I didnt own your ass. Calhoun going undrafted was a head-scratcher also

Good post 7. Fitz was signed within an hour of the draft ending and is headed to TB to compete with Blain Gabbert and Ryan Griffin for a spot.

And to make this even more fun- OM had more drafted than we did and went 5-7.

Saltydog
04-28-2019, 10:06 AM
Honestly though LP, the majority of MSU fans thought coming into the year (2018 season) that Ftiz would be drafted. Even some of the alleged draft gurus said as much after the 2017 season and had him in the 2nd and 3rd rounds in the mock drafts.

PMDawg
04-28-2019, 10:31 AM
Don?t mind him. He?s wrong about 100% of the time. I only say he?s not wrong all of the time because he gets the day of the week correct every once in a few years. C34 repeatedly breaks one off in him and he has no response.

As much as some here dislike 34, he brings information good and bad. Most people cannot handle the negative and will pump sunshine until the end. I?ve brought negative information here and SPS for years and have been excoriated initially, only to have the information proven correct. As stated many, many times I do not come here to post false negative information. I attempt to keep everyone withinformed of negative things so they are not caught off guard.

LOL - wow, revisionist history at it's best. Did you actually type that with a straight face?

Relardo Sidney
04-28-2019, 10:38 AM

Since 2017 NFL.com and CBS had Fitz getting drafted in their mocks.

Quaoarsking
04-28-2019, 11:05 AM

Well ... there were 11 QBs drafted. And ~130 FBS teams. So it looks like it's a good bit higher than 1%, even when you factor in that FCS QBs also get drafted every now in then.

Relardo Sidney
04-28-2019, 11:16 AM
You forgot all the backups on those 130 teams

Liverpooldawg
04-28-2019, 11:24 AM
LOL - wow, revisionist history at it's best. Did you actually type that with a straight face?

I just laughed.

Quaoarsking
04-28-2019, 11:41 AM
You forgot all the backups on those 130 teams

No?

chef dixon
04-28-2019, 12:25 PM
Certainly would not have bet the mortgage on him getting drafted. It is pretty simple. You have to be able to throw the ball in the NFL.

I seen it dawg
04-28-2019, 12:47 PM
Since 2017 NFL.com and CBS had Fitz getting drafted in their mocks.

If it's on the Internet it must be true

Relardo Sidney
04-28-2019, 01:33 PM

If it's on the Internet it must be true

No but it is kinda funny that NFL.com had Fitz getting drafted and Dallas Dawg said this

deadheaddawg
04-28-2019, 03:24 PM
C34 isn't a smart people

That is all. Carry on

Dallas_Dawg
04-28-2019, 11:30 PM
No but it is kinda funny that NFL.com had Fitz getting drafted and Dallas Dawg said this

Mock drafts and draft "experts" are just guessing.
Not one of them had Ferrell going in the ToP 10 and he went 4th overall

Relardo Sidney
04-28-2019, 11:39 PM
Mock drafts and draft "experts" are just guessing.
Not one of them had Ferrell going in the ToP 10 and he went 4th overall

Mock drafts, experts and everyone else are confused by the Raiders picks every year. The Raiders aren't a good example for why mock drafts and experts shouldn't be looked at as reliable. I bet they got over 70% of the 1st round players correct which is pretty damn good and Fitz was listed as a 4th-5th rounder for over a year so him not getting drafted statistically is actually a big surprise. That's a very large miss by the experts and you won't find but a handful of misses that large every year by them. I don't disagree with him not getting drafted though. He's a statue in the pocket when he's gonna throw, he stares down his target, is way too inaccurate too often, doesn't have touch and can't pick up even the most obvious of blitzes. Great college player and tough as nails though.

Coach34
04-29-2019, 08:04 AM
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/undrafted-free-agent-tracker-2019-signings-from-all-32-nfl-teams-in-one-spot/

QB Tamiflu of OM still hasnt signed with a team
Hoyette gets a shot with Simmons in Tenn
I bet Lodge makes the team in Tampa. He was another head-scratcher going undrafted
I'd bet money Deion Calhoun is on a roster opening day

State has Prescott and Fitz in the NFL- Bo Wallace, Chad Kelly, and Tamiflu are not for those keeping score at home

mstatefan91
04-29-2019, 09:41 AM

I'm questioning your loyalty as a bulldog. Why won't you get behind this program 100%?

Coach34
04-29-2019, 09:46 AM
I'm questioning your loyalty as a bulldog. Why won't you get behind this program 100%?

Because he is a moron. Fitz signed a pro contract with Tampa Bay and is in the NFL- but Liverpool says he sux. He never said that about Tyler Russell- who never smelled anything close. So you immediately have to question his judgement- as many of us have for years

ScoobaDawg
04-29-2019, 09:54 AM
I wish Fitz the best of luck at becoming the 3rd string QB, He's not beating out Ryan Griffin and Blaine Gabbert. If he beats out one. he's the 3rd stringer. If not, he's cut and put on the practice squad.

msstate7
04-29-2019, 09:57 AM
I wish Fitz the best of luck at becoming the 3rd string QB, He's not beating out Ryan Griffin and Blaine Gabbert. If he beats out one. he's the 3rd stringer. If not, he's cut and put on the practice squad.

Nothing wrong with that. $6,000 per week for a PS player. At 18 weeks, that's $108,000

bulldawg28
04-29-2019, 04:26 PM

Or he could move to TE and play. He's a 2nd string guy at worst there

Coach34
04-29-2019, 08:42 PM
Or he could move to TE and play. He's a 2nd string guy at worst there

TB didnt sign another QB- and teams go to OTA's with a minimum of 4 QB's. They have 4 now. Something to watch moving forward

Dawg61
04-29-2019, 08:50 PM
Fitz can't find a worse 3 other QBs on a roster to compete against. I actually like his chances to make the team.

Lord McBuckethead
04-29-2019, 09:11 PM

Cause everyone couldn't figure out who you were talking about. Damn dude, good thread you started here.

BuckyIsAB****
04-30-2019, 08:22 PM
Nothing wrong with that. $6,000 per week for a PS player. At 18 weeks, that's $108,000

Sign me up

RocketDawg
04-30-2019, 09:17 PM

That's pretty good starting pay for the vast majority of college graduates. And in his case, it leaves 34 more weeks to get another job.

TUSK
04-30-2019, 10:31 PM
this shit is gold .... I remember this board melting when Hurts was POY his frosh year and Fitz got "snubbed"....

Tbonewannabe
05-01-2019, 12:39 PM

I think Fitz brings a different skill set to the table as at least a short yardage QB where Griffin and Gabbert will probably battle it out for #2. I could see Fitz either getting regular reps for short yardage or moving to TE.

sonofozarka
05-01-2019, 02:31 PM
Ironic the OP is getting crap for this post when this is exactly the type of thing Coach34 is known for.

To me, this is different than C34 gloating over MSU not doing well if he had predicted that or reviling in the downfall/losing of an MSU coach just to come back and rub it in someone's face that he's right.

Well nevermind, maybe it isn't that different, but C34 is definitely the much, much more insufferable douche that needs to continue to be purged

Jack Lambert
05-01-2019, 03:53 PM
Because he is a moron. Fitz signed a pro contract with Tampa Bay and is in the NFL- but Liverpool says he sux. He never said that about Tyler Russell- who never smelled anything close. So you immediately have to question his judgement- as many of us have for years

Glad to hear. I was wondering was he going to sign a un-drafted free agent contract.

Jack Lambert
05-01-2019, 03:55 PM
And to make this even more fun- OM had more drafted than we did and went 5-7.

They bought some good talent. That talent just went to a bad team.

Liverpooldawg
05-01-2019, 05:38 PM

Actually I didn't say he sucked. I said I didn't think anybody would draft him as a QB because of his passing accuracy and you went off on me for saying it. He is what he is. He is one of my all time favorite Dawgs and we won a BUNCH of ballgames with him that we wouldn't have won without him over the last few years. I really hope he can get that corrected and he has a long career in the NFL.

bulldawg28
05-01-2019, 06:11 PM
this shit is gold .... I remember this board melting when Hurts was POY his frosh year and Fitz got "snubbed"....

You prove the board's take on Hurts. He was POY then loses his starting position. That doesn't sound like a POY to me. I can't recall a SEC player that's happened to. Fitz outperformed him that year.

TUSK
05-01-2019, 06:35 PM
You prove the board's take on Hurts. He was POY then loses his starting position. That doesn't sound like a POY to me. I can't recall a SEC player that's happened to. Fitz outperformed him that year.

No.