PDA

View Full Version : What coaches recruited this Baseball team?

ScooterDog
04-27-2019, 05:07 PM
I'd like to know since we've had coaching turnover the last few years. Thanks guys.

Skydawg1
04-27-2019, 05:35 PM
Cohen recruited Mangum. It's well documented Andy stole Tanner Allen from LSU. Kale Breaux was another one, I think, that Andy got but he's not much to brag about yet. Gordon (Cohen). Foscue and Westy, I guess would be a combo JC/AC? Nobody really had to recruit JT Ginn. Small...Cohen.

Lemonis recruited Halter.

TXDawg
04-27-2019, 06:22 PM
Cohen recruited Mangum. It's well documented Andy stole Tanner Allen from LSU. Kale Breaux was another one, I think, that Andy got but he's not much to brag about yet. Gordon (Cohen). Foscue and Westy, I guess would be a combo JC/AC? Nobody really had to recruit JT Ginn. Small...Cohen.

Lemonis recruited Halter.

Lemonis definitely convinced Ginn to come to State. May not have been a huge recruiting battle, but Lemonis absolutely closed the deal.

Liverpooldawg
04-27-2019, 06:26 PM
We are about to see our baseball program recruit itself for at least a few years. We built a GEM of a stadium folks. It's always hip to dis our athletic department on our boards but they got this RIGHT. They got it REALLY right.

Commercecomet24
04-27-2019, 06:29 PM
Lemonis definitely convinced Ginn to come to State. May not have been a huge recruiting battle, but Lemonis absolutely closed the deal.

Absolutely correct. Lemonis closed the deal with Ginn. They love the guy and getting Foxhall helped as well. Lemonis can recruit big time.

R2Dawg
04-27-2019, 06:59 PM
We are about to see our baseball program recruit itself for at least a few years. We built a GEM of a stadium folks. It's always hip to dis our athletic department on our boards but they got this RIGHT. They got it REALLY right.

They did get it right and I agree. Any baseball player that comes here has got to put MSU at least top 3 on his board. Not a better facility or atmosphere in college baseball - period.

Homedawg
04-27-2019, 07:04 PM
A bunch of this team was recruited by Cohen. Baseball starts early. I'll change that to majority. And I mean when they committed not when they signed obviously.

lefty96
04-27-2019, 07:12 PM
They did get it right and I agree. Any baseball player that comes here has got to put MSU at least top 3 on his board. Not a better facility or atmosphere in college baseball - period.

Not in A or AA.

AlSwearengen
04-27-2019, 07:17 PM
A bunch of this team was recruited by Cohen. Baseball starts early.

I’m pretty sure that Mangum, Westburg, Macnamee, Foscue, Rowdy, and Skelton committed to Cohen. Allen flipped from lsu with Cannizarro. Halter was committed when Lemonis took the job, so I imagine Cannizarro recruited him but it is possible that Cohen initiated his recruitment.

I remember us losing a few decent commits through all of the changes. Two that stick out in my mind were one each to Florida and Clemson.

turkish
04-27-2019, 08:57 PM
A bunch of this team was recruited by Cohen. Baseball starts early. I'll change that to majority. And I mean when they committed not when they signed obviously.
^^This. Was the OP who recruited these guys or who signed them. Recruiting in baseball doesn’t start in the players’ HS Sr years.

Todd4State
04-28-2019, 07:47 AM

I’m pretty sure that Mangum, Westburg, Macnamee, Foscue, Rowdy, and Skelton committed to Cohen. Allen flipped from lsu with Cannizarro. Halter was committed when Lemonis took the job, so I imagine Cannizarro recruited him but it is possible that Cohen initiated his recruitment.

I remember us losing a few decent commits through all of the changes. Two that stick out in my mind were one each to Florida and Clemson.

Both of these posts are accurate. Our team is mostly Cohen recruits with a few Cann recruits and Lemonis did close the deal on Ginn as has been said before.

Leeshouldveflanked
04-28-2019, 08:28 AM
Correct, most SEC Baseball recruits are recruited during the 8th -10th grade age range....we did offer Jared Johnson at 12th grader from Smithville a few weeks ago after he picked up 5 mph on his fastball, but this is an exception.

MedDawg
04-28-2019, 08:29 AM

Recruiting against MLB and 2.4 million dollars is more difficult than recruiting against LSU, so Lemonis/Foxhall deserve HUGE credit. Of course, Henderson or Cann deserve some credit for Ginn picking MSU in the first place.