PDA

View Full Version : Our RPI is now 10

Todd4State
04-27-2019, 12:57 AM
We had a good night- we beat a top 10 RPI team and then Alabama beat LSU which caused them to jump up to 44 and USM beat Middle Tennessee State which was good enough to put them at 50. Essentially this means that we gained 6 Q1 wins tonight. Ole Miss winning their series also makes us look good in the short term but since it's an opponent that we play next week they are essentially cannibalizing each other as far as we are concerned. La Tech lost tonight to Rice and their RPI is now 45. If they drop below 50 I don't think we play them. Unless we do it out of kindness due to their stadium situation.

We really need to at least win the Georgia series. A sweep would be even bigger for us. Off to a great start obviously but they are a good team and it won't be easy.

Memphis our only potentially bad loss- their RPI is plummeting and is now down to 133. After that South Carolina is our next lowest RPI opponent and they are RPI 61. I don't think that they will get into Q1 unless they win the Mizzou and/or the Vanderbilt series. And I don't think they will do that.

If we beat Memphis and then win 16 SEC games that would give us 40 regular season wins and I believe we would host a regional if that happens with our resume'. Maybe 15 SEC wins if La Tech maintains Q1 status. For a National Seed I think we need to win 18 SEC games. That should put us well over 40 regular season wins and probably a top 10 RPI. 17 SEC wins probably puts us on the bubble. That would put us right at 40 wins even with a loss to Memphis and 41 with a win over Memphis. With our OOC wins plus those SEC wins I think we would probably get it.

Commercecomet24
04-27-2019, 01:09 AM
Great stuff as always Todd!

AlSwearengen
04-27-2019, 06:48 AM
Nice breakdown. Now, someone explain Q1 to me in cliff notes version and when did this business start?

MetEdDawg
04-27-2019, 06:54 AM
Need Auburn to win today against Vandy. That would help and Auburn has quietly snuck into the Top 15 RPI. And a team like South Alabama sitting at 107 in RPI needs to get into the Top 100 to get them into a Q2 win.

Obviously we just need to keep winning, but Bama staying Q1 and USM staying Q1 will be huge. That's 5 Q1 wins that are 44 and 49 RPI respectively. Honestly that could be the difference in national seed or not national seed if we get to 17 conference wins. Do we have 20-22 Q1 wins? Do we have 15-16 Q1 wins. Big difference.