Per 247 article on twitter.

6'5" 230 pound bruising runner per the article. Sounds familiar

Relardo Sidney
04-26-2019, 11:15 AM
I'm pulling for Keytaon to start and dominate

msstate7
04-26-2019, 11:16 AM

Well Moorhead apparently isn't. I want joe to get his guy bc I want offensive improvement and no excuses

Scared_Hitless
04-26-2019, 11:21 AM
I have been waiting to watch KT since his freshman season, if Stevens is better and wins the job I can deal, but make it a open competition. He is not clearly better from his limited film he is a runner first.

HoopsDawg
04-26-2019, 11:23 AM
Per 247 article on twitter.

6'5" 230 pound bruising runner per the article. Sounds familiar

Great news. Moorhead gets a do-over with a similar QB except this QB knows the system and is more accurate. This will give us a good gauge on whether or not Moorhead can succeed at MSU.

msstate7
04-26-2019, 11:23 AM
I have been waiting to watch KT since his freshman season, if Stevens is better and wins the job I can deal, but make it a open competition. He is not clearly better from his limited film he is a runner first.

Stevens is leaving penn st bc they won't name him starter. He isn't coming here unless promised

Scared_Hitless
04-26-2019, 11:24 AM
Stevens is leaving penn st bc they won't name him starter. He isn't coming here unless promised

KT has the locker room hopefully this doesnt cause issues.

HoopsDawg
04-26-2019, 11:24 AM

Of course it will be an open competition. And the best guy will play.

HoopsDawg
04-26-2019, 11:27 AM

The locker room wants to win.

TrapGame
04-26-2019, 11:29 AM
Great news. Moorhead gets a do-over with a similar QB except this QB knows the system and is more accurate. This will give us a good gauge on whether or not Moorhead can succeed at MSU.

This^^^^

And 7, if Stevens comes in and it's a repeat of last year with an inept offense you'll get no defense of Moorhead from me.

RiverCityDawg
04-26-2019, 11:29 AM

I'm pulling for the best quarterback to start and us dominate, be it KT or someone else. I wish KT all the best here or somewhere else.

msstate7
04-26-2019, 11:30 AM
This^^^^

And 7, if Stevens comes in and it's a repeat of last year with an inept offense you'll get no defense of Moorhead from me.

I'm not sure Stevens is a game changer. If joe wants him, I want him, but I don't see him moving the needle much this fall as far as wins go

HoopsDawg
04-26-2019, 11:31 AM
This^^^^

That's a good take and that's the perspective everyone should have. Can't have 7-6-3-0 again.

TrapGame
04-26-2019, 11:34 AM
I'm not sure Stevens is a game changer. If joe wants him, I want him, but I don't see him moving the needle much this fall as far as wins go

If that's the case Moorhead loses 80% of the fan base next season.

deadheaddawg
04-26-2019, 11:36 AM

lol.

I am sure you have a better pulse on the locker room than Moorhead.

Give me a freaking break

confucius say
04-26-2019, 11:38 AM

I don't think Stevens is the passer that joe wants long term. I think he is a stop gap and similar to fitz but maybe a slightly better passer. Did joe even recruit Stevens?

confucius say
04-26-2019, 11:39 AM

Tend to agree with you

msstate7
04-26-2019, 11:40 AM

Eh, we pretty easy to please as a fanbase. On a normal year, I'd be really happy with an 8-win season. This was not a normal talent year though... still mad at Mullen for bolting on this team, but I understand. We don't get many years when 10 wins is possible, so it really stings when it doesn't happen on those years. 2019 is a normal talent kind of year. If Moorhead wins 6-7 games and gets the offense moving in the right direction, he'll be given an extension imo

MarketingBully
04-26-2019, 11:41 AM
We’ll definitely be in the 8-4 range with Stevens.

Leeshouldveflanked
04-26-2019, 11:50 AM

Why was The Locker Room tweeting Kelly Bryant trying to get him to come to MSU?

Leeshouldveflanked
04-26-2019, 11:52 AM

If Mullen didn’t lose the fan base in 2016, I don’t see JoeMo losing it this year.

Homedawg
04-26-2019, 11:55 AM
I'm pulling for the best quarterback to start and us dominate, be it KT or someone else. I wish KT all the best here or somewhere else.

This.

Homedawg
04-26-2019, 11:56 AM
If Mullen didn’t lose the fan base in 2016, I don’t see JoeMo losing it this year.

Dan pulled us from the bottom of the dumpster. Joe walked into, arguably, the most talented team ever. And with that said dan was losing some from our fan base anyway. Part of it from both sides.

defiantdog
04-26-2019, 12:01 PM
Dan pulled us from the bottom of the dumpster. Joe walked into, arguably, the most talented team ever. And with that said dan was losing some from our fan base anyway. Part of it from both sides.

Joe also had a QB that struggled in completing 50% of his passes. He had the most talented defense..... not offense.

HoopsDawg
04-26-2019, 12:10 PM

Strange statement. Mullen built a lot of equity before that 2016 season. JoMo has negative equity right now.

Commercecomet24
04-26-2019, 12:17 PM

Agreed.

TrapGame
04-26-2019, 12:18 PM
Strange statement. Mullen built a lot of equity before that 2016 season. JoMo has negative equity right now.

Yep, and there's a lot of the fan base that went cold after UK and downright freezing after FL. Joe can bring them back by putting together a solid 8-4 showing some major offensive improvement.

bulldawg28
04-26-2019, 12:24 PM

It would until he proved himself. Handing him the job would negate all the hard work players put in to earn a spot.

BrunswickDawg
04-26-2019, 12:52 PM
Eh, we pretty easy to please as a fanbase. On a normal year, I'd be really happy with an 8-win season. This was not a normal talent year though... still mad at Mullen for bolting on this team, but I understand. We don't get many years when 10 wins is possible, so it really stings when it doesn't happen on those years. 2019 is a normal talent kind of year. If Moorhead wins 6-7 games and gets the offense moving in the right direction, he'll be given an extension imo

I was thinking about this. There have been 6 seasons in the past 10 years where 10 wins was attainable, and we have failed in all but 1 to reach it.

2010 (9-4) - The AU hinges on the Refs and a phantom 1st down against a NC team; LSU was close (12-7) late in the third, and after LSU scores to go up 19-7 a back breaking INT by Russell (1 of 3 that second half) seals it; regular Bama loss; piss away a halftime lead against Arky, can't punch it in from the 15 with 3 chances and settle for a FG to tie, then lose in OT.

2012 (8-5) - Start 8-0 then shit bed in 4 losses. Could have won 9 with a half-ass performance against Northwestern and minus Russell's 4 picks.

2014 (10-3) - We actually pulled it off, and can only really complain about pissing away a brief lead against GT (OM jumped us and we couldn't recover). We were also an INT away from Arkansas upsetting us, and keeping us at 9 wins.

2015 (9-4) - Miss FG against LSU; 2 games we were never in (A&M and Bama); and distracted Dan strikes vs. OM.

2017 (9-4) - 2 games we were never in (UGA, AU); tough Bama loss in maybe our best game against them in the Mullen era; Distracted Dan strikes in the Egg Bowl (I knew we would lose when I saw C34's post right before kick - that was bad juju).

2018 (8-5) - UK - a game we were in in spite of ourselves until a back breaking INT; UF game we were in and hinged on a dropped TD and a dropped pick 6; an LSU game that was a defensive war until picks break our back (a lot like 2010); normal Bama game; sure TD turned into an INT to seal a loss in spite of us not having our "A" game against Iowa.

I don't know exactly what to make of it other than what happened this year really wasn't terribly different the other years other than many in the fan base (me included) were convinced we were going to win 10 games.

DancingRabbit
04-26-2019, 01:08 PM
Good post, Brunswick but a typo - 2013 should be 2012.

Jarius
04-26-2019, 01:08 PM

Well you will be watching him start and dominate somewhere besides Mississippi State.

Jarius
04-26-2019, 01:09 PM

He has the locker room so much that the team did not vote him a captain and a bunch of his teammates were on social media recruiting Kelly Bryant to MSU.

BrunswickDawg
04-26-2019, 01:14 PM
Good post, Brunswick but a typo - 2013 should be 2012.

Thanks - fixed it

TrapGame
04-26-2019, 01:18 PM
He has the locker room so much that the team did not vote him a captain and a bunch of his teammates were on social media recruiting Kelly Bryant to MSU.

That's interesting.

MetEdDawg
04-26-2019, 01:24 PM

This exactly. Should tell you about some of the dynamics of what Joe has had to deal with at the QB spot.

Key didn't look good in the spring game and that's concerning. And some of his practice tape is concerning as well.

If we are going after Stevens, there's a reason people.

msstate7
04-26-2019, 01:25 PM
I was thinking about this. There have been 6 seasons in the past 10 years where 10 wins was attainable, and we have failed in all but 1 to reach it.

2010 (9-4) - The AU hinges on the Refs and a phantom 1st down against a NC team; LSU was close (12-7) late in the third, and after LSU scores to go up 19-7 a back breaking INT by Russell (1 of 3 that second half) seals it; regular Bama loss; piss away a halftime lead against Arky, can't punch it in from the 15 with 3 chances and settle for a FG to tie, then lose in OT.

2012 (8-5) - Start 8-0 then shit bed in 4 losses. Could have won 9 with a half-ass performance against Northwestern and minus Russell's 4 picks.

2014 (10-3) - We actually pulled it off, and can only really complain about pissing away a brief lead against GT (OM jumped us and we couldn't recover). We were also an INT away from Arkansas upsetting us, and keeping us at 9 wins.

2015 (9-4) - Miss FG against LSU; 2 games we were never in (A&M and Bama); and distracted Dan strikes vs. OM.

2017 (9-4) - 2 games we were never in (UGA, AU); tough Bama loss in maybe our best game against them in the Mullen era; Distracted Dan strikes in the Egg Bowl (I knew we would lose when I saw C34's post right before kick - that was bad juju).

2018 (8-5) - UK - a game we were in in spite of ourselves until a back breaking INT; UF game we were in and hinged on a dropped TD and a dropped pick 6; an LSU game that was a defensive war until picks break our back (a lot like 2010); normal Bama game; sure TD turned into an INT to seal a loss in spite of us not having our "A" game against Iowa.

I don't know exactly what to make of it other than what happened this year really wasn't terribly different the other years other than many in the fan base (me included) were convinced we were going to win 10 games.

Draft picks for each year...
2011 draft - 1st (off), 4th (def), 5th (def), 6th (def)

2013 draft - 2nd, 2nd, 5th (all def)

2015 draft - 2nd (def), 2nd (def), 6th (def), 6th (off), 6th (off)

2016 draft - 2nd (def), 3rd (def), 4th (off)

2018 draft - 3rd (off), 6th (off), 7th (st), 7th (st)

2019 draft after 1 day - 1st, 1st, 1st (all def)

Coach007
04-26-2019, 01:39 PM

No he doesn't. Moorhead has that locker room. As Hill tweeted, "I trust our coach".

Coach007
04-26-2019, 01:41 PM

SHHHH!!! We are in the middle of creating problems that may or may not exist. ..

Coach007
04-26-2019, 01:42 PM

Yes he did... Now if he was only Mullen...

Point being, we had the best defense we have ever had. Offense was decent for a MULLEN team only.

confucius say
04-26-2019, 01:51 PM

What about fletcher?

msstate7
04-26-2019, 01:52 PM
What about fletcher?

2012 draft

confucius say
04-26-2019, 01:59 PM
2012 draft

Ahh.

Damn that 2011 season was a disappointment

TrapGame
04-26-2019, 02:08 PM
(Whistling The Who) Tommy can you hear me?... Tommy can you see me?...

Relardo Sidney
04-26-2019, 02:13 PM

Are juniors usually voted team captains?

Maroonthirteen
04-26-2019, 02:14 PM
Mmmm yeah. Bizzaro Nick Fitz but I?ll take it.

https://youtu.be/RCHA-f58m4s

Here is some game film. He big. He is white. He is from the big ten. Can Brandon walker give us a break down of his foot speed? I?ll hang up and listen.

Relardo Sidney
04-26-2019, 02:20 PM
Is he gonna play WR for us? Are we about to have two QBs that roll out as WRs as well? 25% of that highlight video is Stevens catching passes as a receiver.

msstate7
04-26-2019, 02:21 PM
Is he gonna play WR for us? Are we about to have two QBs that roll out as WRs as well? 25% of that highlight video is Stevens catching passes as a receiver.

At least he caught em... sorry, key**

Commercecomet24
04-26-2019, 02:40 PM
At least he caught em... sorry, key**

Nice!

Maroonthirteen
04-26-2019, 02:44 PM

The other 74% is him running. However the 2017 spring game highlights has some nice throws from him.

bluelightstar
04-26-2019, 02:59 PM

Same reason the players were liking and retweeting tweets that Fitz should be benched for KT — particularly after LSU?

BrunswickDawg
04-26-2019, 04:10 PM

So what you are saying is Dan underachieved with a bunch of draft picks too - including a once in a generation QB.

msstate7
04-26-2019, 04:20 PM
So what you are saying is Dan underachieved with a bunch of draft picks too - including a once in a generation QB.

Once this draft is over, the comparison will look much worse.

Your generational qb is who he is in large part to Dan Mullen

ETA... what irks me the most about the Moorhead is awesome group is you always have to throw a "but Mullen" in there. I was very critical at times of Mullen, but blaming him for every damn thing has pushed me to the side of wanting to defend him.

ETA x2... and the very ones that are ripping Mullen now were taking up for him when he was here. That tells me a lot of your group don't look at things with clear eyes. Whoever the coach at state is is the god of the day.

BrunswickDawg
04-26-2019, 04:28 PM
Once this draft is over, the comparison will look much worse.

Your generational qb is who he is in large part to Dan Mullen

I don't deny that - and yes, a big reason Dak is Dak is Dan. I've never denied Dan is a very good coach.

Yes, we had 3 first round picks. We may have 6-7 picked (but I'd say it could be as low as 5). Stack those 3 1st round guy with the 4 picked last year and the 3-5 more that could still go this year and the '17 team is even more loaded then this year. So where was the outcry of "Dan wasted all that talent!" Same with '10 and '12 squads.

ETA : response to your ETA - I'm not blaming Dan. I'm saying we are holding Joe to a standard we didn't seem to hold Dan to just because of where 3 guys happen to be picked in the draft.

bulldawg28
04-26-2019, 04:42 PM
I don't deny that - and yes, a big reason Dak is Dak is Dan. I've never denied Dan is a very good coach.

Yes, we had 3 first round picks. We may have 6-7 picked (but I'd say it could be as low as 5). Stack those 3 1st round guy with the 4 picked last year and the 3-5 more that could still go this year and the '17 team is even more loaded then this year. So where was the outcry of "Dan wasted all that talent!" Same with '10 and '12 squads.

ETA : response to your ETA - I'm not blaming Dan. I'm saying we are holding Joe to a standard we didn't seem to hold Dan to just because of where 3 guys happen to be picked in the draft.

Dan left the job unfinished. I'm convinced had he stayed we only lose to maybe Bama

bulldawg28
04-26-2019, 04:45 PM
No he doesn't. Moorhead has that locker room. As Hill tweeted, "I trust our coach".

One player doesn't equate to a locker room. Hill isn't even the team leader. However, he would be favorable to a coach that made him a starter when he wasn't ready or earned it over a team favorite senior In Williams.

MedDawg
04-26-2019, 09:47 PM

Here is some game film. He big. He is white. He is from the big ten. Can Brandon walker give us a break down of his foot speed? I?ll hang up and listen.

I?m a Penn State fan and have been watching Stevens for 3 years. He?s plenty fast enough, probably faster than Fitz. If not straight line faster, he?s more nimble than Fitz. I don?t think he?s as strong as Fitz and probably not as durable as Fitz because few are.

He has more touch on passes and puts more air under long passes. Seems to be more accurate, but there really are not enough attempts to know for sure. He probably wouldn?t be as good as Fitz in a Mullen offense but should be better in Moorehead?s.

I want him.

BuckyIsAB****
04-26-2019, 10:41 PM
Its as simple as this. Moorhead has seen both and has practiced and played with both extensively. If he takes Stevens its bc he believes he is better than what we currently have. Even the JoMo sucks crowd can surely understand this

Bothrops
04-27-2019, 12:16 AM
We can probably win one, perhaps two more games with Stevens. But if we don't go this route and Key is the guy, I'm not going to bitch until he fails during the season. I'm not convinced the Key can't get it done yet.

Todd4State
04-27-2019, 12:27 AM
Its as simple as this. Moorhead has seen both and has practiced and played with both extensively. If he takes Stevens its bc he believes he is better than what we currently have. Even the JoMo sucks crowd can surely understand this

I'm sure some will be upset because they want to see him fail because he lost to Kentucky, Florida, and Iowa and they thought the season would go better.

We can probably win one, perhaps two more games with Stevens. But if we don't go this route and Key is the guy, I'm not going to bitch until he fails during the season. I'm not convinced the Key can't get it done yet.

One to two more wins would equal 8-9 wins for next year based on most predictions here and I think we would all be happy about that. If this doesn't work out and I'm not getting excited until he shows up to Starkville and the ink is dry obviously Key will be the guy and I think he can do a good job. I just hope that Stevens isn't Joe's Cam Newton and Key isn't Joe's Relf.

Todd4State
04-27-2019, 12:28 AM
I?m a Penn State fan and have been watching Stevens for 3 years. He?s plenty fast enough, probably faster than Fitz. If not straight line faster, he?s more nimble than Fitz. I don?t think he?s as strong as Fitz and probably not as durable as Fitz because few are.

He has more touch on passes and puts more air under long passes. Seems to be more accurate, but there really are not enough attempts to know for sure. He probably wouldn?t be as good as Fitz in a Mullen offense but should be better in Moorehead?s.

I want him.

I would be very happy with a more accurate Fitzgerald. I've wanted one for three years now.

Jarius
04-27-2019, 12:43 AM
Are juniors usually voted team captains?

Erroll Thompson was this year and Moorhead said it was not even close with who the team voted for as captains.

Goldendawg
04-27-2019, 12:55 AM

I only watched the 1st 3 minutes, but I noticed most of these highlights were in the 4th quarter in blowout games. Also, some questionable opposition, Akron, etc. BTW. Big 10, couple of very good programs and weak sisters. I question these transfers who couldn't make it as a starter somewhere else. If we get him, I hope that I am proved wrong.

Jarius
04-27-2019, 12:59 AM
I only watched the 1st 3 minutes, but I noticed most of these highlights were in the 4th quarter in blowout games. Also, some questionable opposition, Akron, etc. BTW. Big 10, couple of very good programs and weak sisters. I question these transfers who couldn't make it as a starter somewhere else. If we get him, I hope that I am proved wrong.

He was thought to be the frontrunner for taking over the starting role this year until he was injured and could not participate in spring practice. Franklin was not going to name him the starter yet and he left to ensure he went somewhere he was not going to have to worry about not playing. Joe is obviously telling him he is better than who we have on our roster right now or he would not be coming.

Goldendawg
04-27-2019, 01:02 AM
He was thought to be the frontrunner for taking over the starting role this year until he was injured and could not participate in spring practice. Franklin was not going to name him the starter yet and he left to ensure he went somewhere he was not going to have to worry about not playing. Joe is obviously telling him he is better than who we have on our roster right now or he would not be coming.

So, he's coming?

Relardo Sidney
04-27-2019, 01:31 AM

I'm questioning Moorhead's ability to develop QBs right now with his hand constantly in the cookie jar searching for something else. Mullen could take nobodies and turn them into All-SEC types. I realize that's rare and very few can do that but damn if Joe doesn't even want to take on the challenge. Keytaon has plenty of tools to win a lot of games. Develop a damn playbook tailored for him and stop looking everywhere else for your solution at the QB position.

Bothrops
04-27-2019, 02:51 AM
Moorhead has my full support, but he got a little taste of the SEC West last year and probably didn't like it too much. He's looking to get the most out of the offense is all I can say.

Jarius
04-27-2019, 06:03 AM
So, he's coming?

This thread is based on an article from 247 who has a national writer saying he has a good source saying we are the favorite to land him....I'd say there is a pretty good chance.

bulldawg28
04-27-2019, 06:07 AM
At this point I'm whatever. Just win Joe or get out of the way. Stop all of the talking and wake up. I don't know who or what he's trying to be but the team deserves more.

Jarius
04-27-2019, 06:08 AM
I'm questioning Moorhead's ability to develop QBs right now with his hand constantly in the cookie jar searching for something else. Mullen could take nobodies and turn them into All-SEC types. I realize that's rare and very few can do that but damn if Joe doesn't even want to take on the challenge. Keytaon has plenty of tools to win a lot of games. Develop a damn playbook tailored for him and stop looking everywhere else for your solution at the QB position.

I have already pointed to about 5 or 6 elite offensive coaches that have struggled early at schools that did not have quarterbacks to fit their system. It's not as easy as you want it to be no matter how many times you say it. He's doing what he thinks is best to win games as fast as he can.

Cooterpoot
04-27-2019, 06:56 AM
It really doesn?t make a damn who the QB is (other than decision making) when we have low end Juco talent at WR. This offense is about big plays and we don?t have big play skill guys.

MetEdDawg
04-27-2019, 07:04 AM

So you can make that judgement after one season with a QB who has a career sub 57% completion percentage coming into the year? Dude couldn't throw when Moorhead got here and Mullen supposedly was the QB whisperer. What did you think Moorhead would do in 8 months that Mullen couldn't do in 4 years?

Jarius
04-27-2019, 07:53 AM
So you can make that judgement after one season with a QB who has a career sub 57% completion percentage coming into the year? Dude couldn't throw when Moorhead got here and Mullen supposedly was the QB whisperer. What did you think Moorhead would do in 8 months that Mullen couldn't do in 4 years?

Moorhead really didn't have 8 months. Nick could not even go through spring practice because of his leg.

MetEdDawg
04-27-2019, 08:15 AM
Moorhead really didn't have 8 months. Nick could not even go through spring practice because of his leg.

Very true. I guess it was what, more like 5 months? Not sure how anyone could expect a new coach like Moorhead to come in and get less than usual time with the QB and still turn him in to something Mullen never could.

gravedigger
04-27-2019, 08:18 AM

That?s not going to happen.

gravedigger
04-27-2019, 08:27 AM
Well Moorhead apparently isn't. I want joe to get his guy bc I want offensive improvement and no excuses

Getting Stevens won?t solve all offensive issues so stop acting like it will. We still have to get wide receivers and TE who can catch the ball.

Jarius
04-27-2019, 08:35 AM
Very true. I guess it was what, more like 5 months? Not sure how anyone could expect a new coach like Moorhead to come in and get less than usual time with the QB and still turn him in to something Mullen never could.

The counter to that is that Moorhead should have tailored the offense, and he did to an extent. I think Kentucky caught him completely off guard, but that was as much about dumb penalties setting us back as it was anything else. Florida showed him that he truly had to change the offense and he did against Auburn and LSU. LSU was so bad that he just went back to his normal offense and it worked against A&M and everyone else except Alabama, who we were not beating no matter what system we ran. Iowa was a shit show. Tons of turnovers, errant throws, wide receivers dropping passes, and an unusual mistake by the best safety in college football cost us the game.

gravedigger
04-27-2019, 08:35 AM

Somewhat true. Stevens will be able to run the offense efficiently IF the other skill positions catch on, namely the WRs.

Our defense is going to have to perform too.

gravedigger
04-27-2019, 08:38 AM

That isnt true. The internet fanbase isnt indicative of the rest.

Ari Gold
04-27-2019, 09:06 AM
If this kid can come in and win the job EVERYONE should be all in with this.
No knock on KT, if he beats him out then great

I will say this about the locker room. The way Mullen and the staff handled Fitz and Williams had that locker room divided. That’s a fact.
And like some have said in this thread , the courting of KB seemed to be a positive thing amongst the players.

Ari Gold
04-27-2019, 09:08 AM
Getting Stevens won?t solve all offensive issues so stop acting like it will. We still have to get wide receivers and TE who can catch the ball.

Yes, But getting a guy that can read the right read , and make the throw is a HUGE deal.
If this kid can do that , this will make the WR core much better.

Coach007
04-27-2019, 09:12 AM
I'm going to say that KT will play a role in the Offense. We will see 2 QBs in the backfield....

Todd4State
04-27-2019, 09:14 AM
If this kid can come in and win the job EVERYONE should be all in with this.
No knock on KT, if he beats him out then great

I will say this about the locker room. The way Mullen and the staff handled Fitz and Williams had that locker room divided. That’s a fact.
And like some have said in this thread , the courting of KB seemed to be a positive thing amongst the players.

I don't understand why anyone would be against it. It seems like more and more people are coming around. People can't say that he should adapt his offense to our players and then be mad when he's trying to bring on a player that fits his system because it may make some players unhappy.

If this was baseball and we needed another really good starting pitcher our fans would be all for it. It wouldn't be "But the team might get mad if Peyton Plumlee is bumped because of this guy."

I just don't understand the logic of our fans sometimes.

Todd4State
04-27-2019, 09:17 AM
I'm going to say that KT will play a role in the Offense. We will see 2 QBs in the backfield....

I think that's very likely. Joe likes to do that. See Tommy Stevens.

Jarius
04-27-2019, 09:27 AM
I don't understand why anyone would be against it. It seems like more and more people are coming around. People can't say that he should adapt his offense to our players and then be mad when he's trying to bring on a player that fits his system because it may make some players unhappy.

If this was baseball and we needed another really good starting pitcher our fans would be all for it. It wouldn't be "But the team might get mad if Peyton Plumlee is bumped because of this guy."

I just don't understand the logic of our fans sometimes.

There are a couple that have an eye rolling agenda that is very typical in 2019. Not everyone, but some.

Coach007
04-27-2019, 09:35 AM
I think that's very likely. Joe likes to do that. See Tommy Stevens.

It's something the current SEC has not seen a lot of either

BiscuitEater
04-27-2019, 09:38 AM
Dan left the job unfinished. I'm convinced had he stayed we only lose to maybe Bama

Nope .. Not if he was spending all his time job hunting instead of actually coaching he wouldn't.

TrapGame
04-27-2019, 09:43 AM
That isnt true. The internet fanbase isnt indicative of the rest.

Digger, I know a dozen State fans that do not lurk on sites. They could not tell you the difference between Gene's, ED or 6pack. That Florida game had them spitting mad at Joe.

the_real_MSU_is_us
04-27-2019, 09:59 AM
Nope .. Not if he was spending all his time job hunting instead of actually coaching he wouldn't.

He wouldn't start job hunting till after he had secured an impressive season, ie if he had at most 1 loss entering the Bama game. After Bama, yeah he'd check out but this time I think the team was so good they'd still win out vs Arky and OM, so Dan's checking out wouldn't affect the regular season W-L total

Relardo Sidney
04-27-2019, 10:19 AM
Keytaon ain't no Peyton Plumlee is the problem. He's a tad bit better than that. If I thought KT was a back of the bench pitcher I wouldn't be bitching about Joe whoring out to the entire western hemisphere for a Qb.

tcdog70
04-27-2019, 10:37 AM
Damn, it is simple. If you can get a better player--then do it. Joe is here to win. If KT wants to play QB then be better than your competition..

Relardo Sidney
04-27-2019, 10:41 AM
Damn, it is simple. If you can get a better player--then do it. Joe is here to win. If KT wants to play QB then be better than your competition..

If you truly believe in someone and fully invest in them they tend to rise to meet your expectations. Joe doesn't get this. KT has all the tools needed to win games in the SEC.

the_real_MSU_is_us
04-27-2019, 10:51 AM
Keytaon ain't no Peyton Plumlee is the problem. He's a tad bit better than that. If I thought KT was a back of the bench pitcher I wouldn't be bitching about Joe whoring out to the entire western hemisphere for a Qb.

We've seen absolutely nothing that says KT is good. He beat L'Ville, but had a mediocre at best stat line and it was McLaurins 3 INT's that won that game. He had great numbers vs SFA, but KT was late throwing the ball and SFA was literally leaving guys 15 yards open so that's not anything to read into. He looked lost in his small action against A&M, but that's not much data. Moorhead keeping Fitz in vs LSU when he was 4-19 with 3 INT's, so he didn't have much faith in KT at the time. Then Moorhead went after KB indicating he didn't have complete faith in KT to develop. Then KT put up bad numbers in spring camp, and now we're going after Stevens...

And that's it. That's all the data we have on KT either way. He's never had an impressive passing game, he's never put the team on his back and carried them to a victory, he's never made a run that wowed me like Fit'z did his first year as a starter or Dak does every 3rd game in the NFL. He may be a worldbeater and I really hope he is, but there's nothing to support that. We though he'd be one when he was a Fr, but there's no evidence since then to say he is. I don't know either way but the early returns aren't looking good for us honestly

gravedigger
04-27-2019, 11:20 AM
Digger, I know a dozen State fans that do not lurk on sites. They could not tell you the difference between Gene's, ED or 6pack. That Florida game had them spitting mad at Joe.

I realize that, but most people who have a closeup view of the team under Mullen know that his offense was not all that mentally challenging. Sort of a power spread, if you will. What Joe runs takes a more cerebral qb. Good route runners.

We lost to Florida for one reason. Dan and Grantham knew how to stop the only offensive weapon we had better than anyone. He knew exactly how Fitz would react in every situation.

Our success under a joe will depend on how he nationally attracts kids who are capable of getting their offensive assignments and keeping Bob Shoop or someone of his caliber running the defense.

Regular fans just want a bowl game and an egg bowl win. This is why last season wasn?t the disaster to them that it was to the message board hero?s.

My prediction is at some point in the season we realize the offense is very effective but low IQ kids, no matter how talented, won?t work in it. In the long run that is good news for MSU. It will remove us from the bidding wars in this state for marginal kids. But we will will be back in the running for an AJ Brown. We never were as long as Mullen was here. Mullen?s offense was the reason we couldn?t land wr recruits.

The bad news is that it will take Joe at least 1-2 more recruiting cycles to build it.

I?m glad Mullen did what he did, but I believe within the next two years we will be glad he moved on.

Relardo Sidney
04-27-2019, 11:30 AM
We've seen absolutely nothing that says KT is good. He beat L'Ville, but had a mediocre at best stat line and it was McLaurins 3 INT's that won that game. He had great numbers vs SFA, but KT was late throwing the ball and SFA was literally leaving guys 15 yards open so that's not anything to read into. He looked lost in his small action against A&M, but that's not much data. Moorhead keeping Fitz in vs LSU when he was 4-19 with 3 INT's, so he didn't have much faith in KT at the time. Then Moorhead went after KB indicating he didn't have complete faith in KT to develop. Then KT put up bad numbers in spring camp, and now we're going after Stevens...

And that's it. That's all the data we have on KT either way. He's never had an impressive passing game, he's never put the team on his back and carried them to a victory, he's never made a run that wowed me like Fit'z did his first year as a starter or Dak does every 3rd game in the NFL. He may be a worldbeater and I really hope he is, but there's nothing to support that. We though he'd be one when he was a Fr, but there's no evidence since then to say he is. I don't know either way but the early returns aren't looking good for us honestly

He was the Gatorade POY in Louisiana his senior year and he didn't get that award from just rushing. He's also set more than half a dozen MSU records already in the 3 games he's played in. Y'all would be fighting like hell if Joe was trying to bench Dak for his PSU boy well I'm doing the same for KT cause I think KT can be that good if he'd just be given a damn chance. Who gives a shit about a spring game performance. I haven't watched a spring game in over a decade because they are totally worthless.

Coach007
04-27-2019, 12:26 PM
He was the Gatorade POY in Louisiana his senior year and he didn't get that award from just rushing. He's also set more than half a dozen MSU records already in the 3 games he's played in. Y'all would be fighting like hell if Joe was trying to bench Dak for his PSU boy well I'm doing the same for KT cause I think KT can be that good if he'd just be given a damn chance. Who gives a shit about a spring game performance. I haven't watched a spring game in over a decade because they are totally worthless.

Has been given a chance from the moment he stepped foot on campus. This isn't about a spring game. This is a collective body of work.

46%
%

No way around that. This offense won't work with that. It's not Joe's job to appease you. It's to win and to do so in the quickest amount of time. He has an opportunity to get a guy who has been in a system he designed for 3 years. He's 60+% passer and a runner. KT will be fine and will be the starter next year.

Really Clark?
04-27-2019, 12:29 PM
I realize that, but most people who have a closeup view of the team under Mullen know that his offense was not all that mentally challenging. Sort of a power spread, if you will. What Joe runs takes a more cerebral qb. Good route runners.

We lost to Florida for one reason. Dan and Grantham knew how to stop the only offensive weapon we had better than anyone. He knew exactly how Fitz would react in every situation.

Our success under a joe will depend on how he nationally attracts kids who are capable of getting their offensive assignments and keeping Bob Shoop or someone of his caliber running the defense.

Regular fans just want a bowl game and an egg bowl win. This is why last season wasn?t the disaster to them that it was to the message board hero?s.

My prediction is at some point in the season we realize the offense is very effective but low IQ kids, no matter how talented, won?t work in it. In the long run that is good news for MSU. It will remove us from the bidding wars in this state for marginal kids. But we will will be back in the running for an AJ Brown. We never were as long as Mullen was here. Mullen?s offense was the reason we couldn?t land wr recruits.

The bad news is that it will take Joe at least 1-2 more recruiting cycles to build it.

I?m glad Mullen did what he did, but I believe within the next two years we will be glad he moved on.

The offense we ran (or any offense at the time of AJ’s recruitment) wouldn’t have mattered. That was inconsequential to the “recruiting process” for him. Bama backed off him as well, for a reason

bulldawg28
04-27-2019, 01:43 PM
Has been given a chance from the moment he stepped foot on campus. This isn't about a spring game. This is a collective body of work.

46%
%

No way around that. This offense won't work with that. It's not Joe's job to appease you. It's to win and to do so in the quickest amount of time. He has an opportunity to get a guy who has been in a system he designed for 3 years. He's 60+% passer and a runner. KT will be fine and will be the starter next year.

Stephens has completed like 20 passes total in 5 years. Penn state didn't even trust him to throw the ball so they turned him into an option Qb.

Goldendawg
04-27-2019, 01:53 PM
Stephens has completed like 20 passes total in 5 years. Penn state didn't even trust him to throw the ball so they turned him into an option Qb.

This. But all of a sudden he can be an SEC QB in Jo's pass first, big play (hopefully), offense.

TrapGame
04-27-2019, 01:55 PM

If KT was as good as you think he is Joe would have put him in after Florida. Fitz being a 5th yr senior be damned.

Jarius
04-27-2019, 02:05 PM
If you truly believe in someone and fully invest in them they tend to rise to meet your expectations. Joe doesn't get this. KT has all the tools needed to win games in the SEC.

Joe does not think you are correct. You are making this judgement on his recruiting profile and 3 games against absolute dog shit defenses where he threw for under 50 % completion % and lost to the worst defense in the country. Joe is making this decision based on his livelihood and seeing the kid every single day for the past year and a half. Do you really believe that you know more about our quarterback situation than one of the best offensive coordinators in college football? Are you that arrogant?

MetEdDawg
04-27-2019, 02:27 PM

KT is in his 4th year of college. If you have to use him being a high school player of the year to bolster your argument of how good he is, that should tell you all you need to know about what he's actually done in college.

Dak and KT aren't even freaking comparable

Goldendawg
04-27-2019, 02:33 PM
KT is in his 4th year of college. If you have to use him being a high school player of the year to bolster your argument of how good he is, that should tell you all you need to know about what he's actually done in college.

Stevens is in his 5th year of college with a lot of his very limited QB stats coming in the 4th quarter of blowout wins. Even if we get him, here's to hoping either KT or Stevens can have a break out year. If neither can or does, things on O don''t look good.

msstate7
04-27-2019, 02:37 PM

Key is starting his 3rd year, but yeah, HS stuff is useless at this point

Relardo Sidney
04-27-2019, 03:47 PM
You are making this judgement on his recruiting profile and 3 games against absolute dog shit defenses where he threw for under 50 % completion % and lost to the worst defense in the country.

In what world is it even remotely not disgusting to use the Fitz broken ankle game where KT was suddenly thrust into a game the opponent was intentionally spearing his ankles as grounds for not starting KT? Are you human?

Freshman/Sophomore Dak & KT are absolutely comparable. Are you high? Dak didn't really become Dak till his junior year.

Really Clark?
04-27-2019, 03:47 PM

Yeah it had nothing to do with them having an extremely good starting QB in McSorely. Heisman candidate at that. He sucks because he couldn?t oust him...got it. It was a close competition that McSorley eventually won over Stevens. It wasn?t like he sucked so bad they had no choice but to play McSorley and he just worked out for Penn St

Relardo Sidney
04-27-2019, 03:49 PM
Yeah it had nothing to do with them having an extremely good starting QB in McSorely. Heisman candidate at that. He sucks because he couldn?t oust him...got it.

Sounds pretty similar to KT not being able to oust Fitz doesn't it?

Really Clark?
04-27-2019, 03:50 PM
In what world is it even remotely not disgusting to use the Fitz broken ankle game where KT was suddenly thrust into a game the opponent was intentionally spearing his ankles as grounds for not starting KT? Are you human?

Freshman/Sophomore Dak & KT are absolutely comparable. Are you high? Dak didn't really become Dak till his junior year.

You need to re-read Dak’s soph stats if you think that is close to comparable. 2700-2800 total yards and 23 TD’s

Really Clark?
04-27-2019, 03:52 PM
Sounds pretty similar to KT not being able to oust Fitz doesn't it?

Not even close. Not even in the same universe. You have no clue what you are talking about with that comparison

Jarius
04-27-2019, 03:55 PM

In the world where you try to convince everyone that you have a better grasp on our quarterbacks than Joe Moorhead. When you make stupid arguments you get the fact that KT has done absolutely zero in actual football games to warrant this outrage over our head coach wanting a different quarterback thrown in your face.

BuckyIsAB****
04-27-2019, 04:31 PM

Yeah Relf, Tyson Lee, Russell were All SEC QBs

BuckyIsAB****
04-27-2019, 04:35 PM

It doesnt take high IQ kids to run this offense. It does take some football sense, but if you dont have football sense by your freshmen year in college you aint ever gonna

Maroonthirteen
04-27-2019, 04:36 PM
The difference in Mullen and Moorhead at this point in their careers at MSU.... is the fan base was starving for wins in Mullen’s first year.

I’m thinking ... it isn’t so much tinkering as Moorhead wants more....: mores production and more wins.

BuckyIsAB****
04-27-2019, 04:36 PM
If KT was as good as you think he is Joe would have put him in after Florida. Fitz being a 5th yr senior be damned.

Or in the bowl game after Fitz did his own thing 3 plays in a row on the goaline....or at LSU when he threw 50 interceptions. Moorhead put KT in at WR and RB. I love KT but that says a lot

Relardo Sidney
04-27-2019, 05:35 PM
You need to re-read Dak’s soph stats if you think that is close to comparable. 2700-2800 total yards and 23 TD’s

KT has started 3 games. How bout you compare Dak's first 3 started games instead of using an entire season.

Not even close. Not even in the same universe. You have no clue what you are talking about with that comparison

Oh so suddenly McSorley is miles better than Fitzgerald now huh

In the world where you try to convince everyone that you have a better grasp on our quarterbacks than Joe Moorhead.

Typical Genespage response. Don't bother ever discussing anything on a message board cause the head coach always makes the best decisions cause head coach durrrr. Still a dick move to use KT's game vs Ole Miss as reason to not start him this season too btw and KT would have won that game had our DBs and Grantham learned how to cover anything thrown over 15 yards deep.

Relardo Sidney
04-27-2019, 05:37 PM
Or in the bowl game after Fitz did his own thing 3 plays in a row on the goaline....or at LSU when he threw 50 interceptions. Moorhead put KT in at WR and RB. I love KT but that says a lot

Or Moorhead just doesn't like KT. Wouldn't be the first coach to not play a player cause they don't like them. Mullen did it all the time. Remember the thread started by Swedenburg on this very thing.

NCDawg
04-27-2019, 06:01 PM
KT has started 3 games. How bout you compare Dak's first 3 started games instead of using an entire season.

Typical Genespage response. Don't bother ever discussing anything on a message board cause the head coach always makes the best decisions cause head coach durrrr. Still a dick move to use KT's game vs Ole Miss as reason to not start him this season too btw and KT would have won that game had our DBs and Grantham learned how to cover anything thrown over 15 yards deep.

You're probably right about the Ole Miss game and Grantham's defense. I would add also we would have probably won if one of our LB's had made a better effort to tackle their RB who ran right by him twice for 2 TD's.

Really Clark?
04-27-2019, 06:04 PM

Uh...I’ve always thought McSorley was better. Don’t know who you are addressing.

You were the one who shot off about the entire Freshman/Soph comparison between Dak and KT. Dont try to change the criteria when you looked foolish

Relardo Sidney
04-27-2019, 07:16 PM
Uh...I’ve always thought McSorley was better. Don’t know who you are addressing.

You were the one who shot off about the entire Freshman/Soph comparison between Dak and KT. Dont try to change the criteria when you looked foolish

Sorry but I disagree that McSorley is better than Fitzgerald but even if he is it's not like he's miles better so the comparison between Stevens situation and KT's is actually quite similar. How do you not see that? And I'm not changing the criteria at all you are by comparing an entire season vs 3 games. That's not a comparison. That's like comparing Rooker's entire last season to Rowdey's first 12 games of this season.

Really Clark?
04-27-2019, 08:05 PM
Sorry but I disagree that McSorley is better than Fitzgerald but even if he is it's not like he's miles better so the comparison between Stevens situation and KT's is actually quite similar. How do you not see that? And I'm not changing the criteria at all you are by comparing an entire season vs 3 games. That's not a comparison. That's like comparing Rooker's entire last season to Rowdey's first 12 games of this season.

You specifically said KT’s Freshman and Soph YEARS are comparable to Dak’s. Not his first 3 starts (which he hasn’t even had) vs Dak’s first 3 starts. That is the definition of changing the criteria after trying and failing to make a point.

Doesn’t matter that you don’t think McSorley wasn’t any better than Fitz, experts, early Heisman pundits, Vegas, the draft, they all disagree with you

bulldawg28
04-27-2019, 08:18 PM
Yeah it had nothing to do with them having an extremely good starting QB in McSorely. Heisman candidate at that. He sucks because he couldn?t oust him...got it. It was a close competition that McSorley eventually won over Stevens. It wasn?t like he sucked so bad they had no choice but to play McSorley and he just worked out for Penn St

You're making excuses. The dude has not shown he can pass or be a starter. He had a chance to beat out McSorely and couldn't. This spring he couldn't even beat out the current Qb after McSorely graduated hence the reason he's transferring. What are you looking at?

Coach007
04-27-2019, 08:30 PM
Sorry but I disagree that McSorley is better than Fitzgerald

That's your thing. "I disagree"

BuckyIsAB****
04-27-2019, 08:37 PM
Or Moorhead just doesn't like KT. Wouldn't be the first coach to not play a player cause they don't like them. Mullen did it all the time. Remember the thread started by Swedenburg on this very thing.

You are reaching hard here with no evidence. Seen it in person and its been reported by many that have that Mayden is at least as good of a passer as KT right now. I love KT. Im pulling for him but Stevens is probably better and he will start if he comes here. KT has done everything right and has done nothing but win, but the best player has to play. If that's KT then great, but there's a reason Moorhead is taking Stevens and its not bc he doesnt like KT.

BuckyIsAB****
04-27-2019, 08:38 PM
Not to mention that we do have the room, anybody that is against taking Stevens is either A. Moorhead hater or B. Willfully ignorant

Relardo Sidney
04-27-2019, 08:39 PM
You specifically said KT?s Freshman and Soph YEARS are comparable to Dak?s. Not his first 3 starts (which he hasn?t even had) vs Dak?s first 3 starts. That is the definition of changing the criteria after trying and failing to make a point.

Doesn?t matter that you don?t think McSorley wasn?t any better than Fitz, experts, early Heisman pundits, Vegas, the draft, they all disagree with you

I stand by what I said. Dak as a sophomore wasn't Dak we know today. Give KT as many snaps as Dak got and the numbers wouldn't be far off and statistically KT would actually be on pace to shatter Dak's #'s. Buttttttttt cOmpLeTion % tho derrrr!

maroonmania
04-27-2019, 08:39 PM

The fact that Moorhead wouldn't even give KT one series at LSU, one of the worst QB'd games I've ever seen at MSU, tells me a lot about the confidence Moorhead has in KT. That being said, I don't know enough about Stevens to know if he would be better than KT or not but I'm trusting that JoMo does.

Relardo Sidney
04-27-2019, 08:43 PM
You are reaching hard here with no evidence. Seen it in person and its been reported by many that have that Mayden is at least as good of a passer as KT right now. I love KT. Im pulling for him but Stevens is probably better and he will start if he comes here. KT has done everything right and has done nothing but win, but the best player has to play. If that's KT then great, but there's a reason Moorhead is taking Stevens and its not bc he doesnt like KT.

Not to mention that we do have the room, anybody that is against taking Stevens is either A. Moorhead hater or B. Willfully ignorant

Love how you totally disregard KT's running ability. How many rushing TDs he got again? Yards? Etc... and no I don't want Stevens cause it'll capsize our entire built up Qb depth once everyone else bolts and were left holding our dicks 6 months from now.

BuckyIsAB****
04-27-2019, 08:45 PM
Love how you totally disregard KT's running ability. How many rushing TDs he got again? Yards? Etc... and no I don't want Stevens cause it'll capsize our entire built up Qb depth once everyone else bolts and were left holding our dicks 6 months from now.

The only one that would possibly bolt is KT and it would be understandable. Where did I say KT couldnt run the ball? He can run it, but he is struggling to throw it. How many times have we been down the road of not being able to throw the football at all? Keeping the status quo will result in that happening again in 2019.

Stevens is a 1 year player and will bridge the gap for Will Rogers or Shrader. My money is on Rogers.

StarkVegasSteve
04-27-2019, 08:46 PM

How the hell can you say that McSorley and Fitz are in the same ballpark? McSorley is a FAR better QB. And that?s nothing against Nick. I will go to bat for Nick any day of the week because he put it on the line every time he put on that jersey, but with Trace McSorley as QB last year we are an 11 win team

Todd4State
04-27-2019, 08:46 PM

And this is based on....

IF that did happen we would go out and get either/or a JUCO or another transfer QB. And it won't happen because they're not all going to transfer because we get a guy that is only going to be here one year.

BuckyIsAB****
04-27-2019, 08:49 PM
How the hell can you say that McSorley and Fitz are in the same ballpark? McSorley is a FAR better QB. And that?s nothing against Nick. I will go to bat for Nick any day of the week because he put it on the line every time he put on that jersey, but with Trace McSorley as QB last year we are an 11 win team

McSorely is vastly better than Fitzgerald at QB. He's not as tough and he's not as good of an athlete, but at running an offense he is miles ahead. I love Fitz but I wouldve traded Fitz last year for McSorely 10 out of 10 times

Quaoarsking
04-27-2019, 09:15 PM
Dak completed 62% as a redshirt freshman. KT is behind where Dak was after 2.5 years here. That doesn't necessarily mean he can't get there, but to say he's on pace is silly, especially when KT's lesser stats came against Sirmon and FCS.

NWADAWG
04-27-2019, 09:26 PM

Maybe I'm looking at this wrong but I'm glad that a player that has seen JoMo's system wants to follow him to state. Maybe it's the easy way out but I hope it's because he's seen what JoMo is capable of.

Really Clark?
04-27-2019, 10:51 PM
I stand by what I said. Dak as a sophomore wasn't Dak we know today. Give KT as many snaps as Dak got and the numbers wouldn't be far off and statistically KT would actually be on pace to shatter Dak's #'s. Buttttttttt cOmpLeTion % tho derrrr!

No he wouldn’t have had the same numbers passing. You disregard completion percentage but that’s 10 percentage points difference. You can’t give away that many passes and equal the same production as Dak in 2013.

Really Clark?
04-27-2019, 10:56 PM
You're making excuses. The dude has not shown he can pass or be a starter. He had a chance to beat out McSorely and couldn't. This spring he couldn't even beat out the current Qb after McSorely graduated hence the reason he's transferring. What are you looking at?

McSorley did beat him out, barely. And he has waited for his turn. Where are you getting the other QB was named the starter this season? Stevens was injured and it was still an open competition. Penn St believed he would be the starter this fall but there are issues with how all of that was handled, especially his injury.

Relardo Sidney
04-27-2019, 11:30 PM
Lol you know who has a great completion %? Sam Bradford. When did that guy win anything in the NFL? Completion % ain't the end all be all. KT threw away 6-8 passes vs SFA. Like intentionally threw the ball out of bounds. That kills your completion % but it doesn't get you sacked and it doesn't get you picked. He also threw for like 360 yards but none of y'all ever mention that only "coMplTion peRcEnTage"

https://images.complex.com/complex/images/c_limit,w_680/fl_lossy,pg_1,q_auto/bujewhyvyyg08gjksyqh/spongebob

Relardo Sidney
04-27-2019, 11:35 PM
The only one that would possibly bolt is KT and it would be understandable. Where did I say KT couldnt run the ball? He can run it, but he is struggling to throw it. How many times have we been down the road of not being able to throw the football at all? Keeping the status quo will result in that happening again in 2019.

Stevens is a 1 year player and will bridge the gap for Will Rogers or Shrader. My money is on Rogers.

I wouldn't bank on Stevens being some prolific passer. The risk isn't worth the reward here. He's only got one year left, he's not gonna be that much better throwing it than KT and he's at very best equal to KT running it. KT has two years left and you run the risk of chemistry issues within the locker room if you bring in Stevens and he expects to start immediately without earning it.

Really Clark?
04-27-2019, 11:37 PM
Lol you know who has a great completion %? Sam Bradford. When did that guy win anything in the NFL? Completion % ain't the end all be all. KT threw away 6-8 passes vs SFA. Like intentionally threw the ball out of bounds. That kills your completion % but it doesn't get you sacked and it doesn't get you picked. He also threw for like 360 yards but none of y'all ever mention that only "coMplTion peRcEnTage"

https://images.complex.com/complex/images/c_limit,w_680/fl_lossy,pg_1,q_auto/bujewhyvyyg08gjksyqh/spongebob

No he didn’t. Watch every pass. Even some of his big completions that would have been picked or knocked down in the league. Oh and we play college ball. Bradford won a lot in college. Including the Heisman. Ridiculous comp.

https://youtu.be/IyHSm19chkM

tcdog70
04-27-2019, 11:43 PM

What? That is some high level mumbo jumbo. KT might have the tools but so far he hasn't put them together. Bring in Tommy and see if KT can beat Him out. KT couldn't out do Fitz.

Jarius
04-27-2019, 11:54 PM
So are you going to go ahead and admit that you think you know more about our qb situation than Joe moorhead? Instead of calling me a genespage homer, Just tell the world that you are arrogant enough to see a player 3 times in 3 years against terrible competition, watch no practices in 2 years, and know that we should not be getting a transfer qb to take his spot. Come on. Tell us. You have a quarter of the information and run your mouth like you have any sort of clue. There is a difference in giving an opinion on our qb situation and stating things matter of factly like you are doing with no evidence to back anything up. This Stevens kid may suck. I have no clue. I do not pretend to have all of the answers when I do not have all of the info though.

And no, we would have won the Egg Bowl if we would have not had 5 turnovers. Blaming that on the defense is more ignorance. When you give a team 5 extra possessions, your defense is going to crack.

Relardo Sidney
04-28-2019, 12:25 AM
What? That is some high level mumbo jumbo. KT might have the tools but so far he hasn't put them together. Bring in Tommy and see if KT can beat Him out. KT couldn't out do Fitz.

High level mumbo jumbo? Sorry you feel that way, you'd understand it when you have no choice but to understand it. Since when is a sophomore expected to beat out Fitzgerald (a top 5 all-time MSU QB)? Nobody was beating out legacy Fitz. Sophomore Dak woulda sat behind senior Fitz. Moorhead was always going to start Fitz no matter who was the backup. Remember him calling him and telling him to clear out space for the Heisman?

Relardo Sidney
04-28-2019, 02:07 AM
with Trace McSorley as QB last year we are an 11 win team

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE5TdbijIeo

Quaoarsking
04-28-2019, 11:02 AM

That's such a strange example. Bradford was an outstanding college QB, and one of the main reasons for that is because he was so accurate.

Ari Gold
04-28-2019, 11:10 AM

Doesn?t like him??? Come on now.
If Stevens can win us more ballgames and is a better fit for the offense then EVERYONE should be on board.

So courting And trying to get Kelly Bryant was ok, but we can?t go after Stevens ?

Relardo Sidney
04-28-2019, 11:27 AM
Obsessing over completion % is so damn stupid. A QB can complete bubble screens all day long and have a glorious completion % while also never winning anything.

msstate7
04-28-2019, 11:59 AM
Obsessing over completion % is so damn stupid. A QB can complete bubble screens all day long and have a glorious completion % while also never winning anything.

I'm not getting into who is better than who and all that, but yeah, completion % is a poor stat to judge a QB by in of itself

Quaoarsking
04-28-2019, 01:41 PM

Sure, but Dak, KT, Stevens, and Sam Bradford don't/didn't do that, so we don't have to worry about skew.

Jarius
04-28-2019, 03:23 PM
A high completion % does not make someone a good quarterback. A completion % under 50 % does make someone a shitty quarterback though, which is the entire point.

BuckyIsAB****
04-28-2019, 03:39 PM
I wouldn't bank on Stevens being some prolific passer. The risk isn't worth the reward here. He's only got one year left, he's not gonna be that much better throwing it than KT and he's at very best equal to KT running it. KT has two years left and you run the risk of chemistry issues within the locker room if you bring in Stevens and he expects to start immediately without earning it.

I dont get what's so hard to understand...Moorhead has seen and called plays for both. Practiced and played with them more than anyone on this board or in the fanbase ever will, EVER yet you still pounding the table we shouldnt take Stevens. If we are taking him its bc Moorhead knows he can at the very least make it a competition. Competition will make everyone better. And no its not bc Moorhead doesnt like KT. Its a good move for both parties if we take him. If KT decides that he wants to leave we should wish him the best and be grateful he won us some games and was a great representative of the program

tcdog70
04-28-2019, 07:26 PM
High level mumbo jumbo? Sorry you feel that way, you'd understand it when you have no choice but to understand it. Since when is a sophomore expected to beat out Fitzgerald (a top 5 all-time MSU QB)? Nobody was beating out legacy Fitz. Sophomore Dak woulda sat behind senior Fitz. Moorhead was always going to start Fitz no matter who was the backup. Remember him calling him and telling him to clear out space for the Heisman?

Ha, you must be smoking some prime shit. This just popping into you head. Joe would start the best, why not? Every one and their Brother said Fitz was miles ahead of KT. Not even close, but for some reason you seem to be all knowing. Are you a legend in your own mind.

Todd4State
04-28-2019, 07:45 PM
I dont get what's so hard to understand...Moorhead has seen and called plays for both. Practiced and played with them more than anyone on this board or in the fanbase ever will, EVER yet you still pounding the table we shouldnt take Stevens. If we are taking him its bc Moorhead knows he can at the very least make it a competition. Competition will make everyone better. And no its not bc Moorhead doesnt like KT. Its a good move for both parties if we take him. If KT decides that he wants to leave we should wish him the best and be grateful he won us some games and was a great representative of the program

Here's the thing about that. Even if KT doesn't beat out Stevens should he come to MSU he is still going to be the clear cut starter for 2020. If not 2021 if he redshirts.

Relardo Sidney
04-28-2019, 09:08 PM
Ha, you must be smoking some prime shit. This just popping into you head. Joe would start the best, why not? Every one and their Brother said Fitz was miles ahead of KT. Not even close, but for some reason you seem to be all knowing. Are you a legend in your own mind.

Moorhead was going with Fitz hell or high water didn't matter who was behind him. Take your blinders off horse.

tcdog70
04-28-2019, 10:07 PM
Moorhead was going with Fitz hell or high water didn't matter who was behind him. Take your blinders off horse.

That is your retort? Weak as shit. Who besides your dreaming ass said KT should have started. No ****ing body, that's who.

Relardo Sidney
04-28-2019, 10:12 PM
That is your retort? Weak as shit. Who besides your dreaming ass said KT should have started. No ****ing body, that's who.

Where did I say Keytaon should of started over Fitz bud? Learn how to read. I said it shouldn't be used as a knock against the SOPHOMORE Keytaon that Moorhead didn't pick him to start over the SENIOR Fitzgerald.

BuckyIsAB****
04-28-2019, 10:23 PM
Here's the thing about that. Even if KT doesn't beat out Stevens should he come to MSU he is still going to be the clear cut starter for 2020. If not 2021 if he redshirts.

I wouldnt be so sure about that. Like I've said I love KT and in a perfect world he def would deserve to start in 2019 and after that. But this aint a perfect world

Relardo Sidney
04-28-2019, 10:40 PM

That means Moorhead is potentially losing two years of a starting QB if KT transfers to add one year of maybe a slightly better player. Maybe. Stevens hasn't been in Moorhead's QB room for 18 months now while KT has been neck deep in it since Joe arrived. I actually seriously doubt Stevens is better than KT at running Joe's offense right now. If he is then KT has just been flat out lazy at learning the system and working on his accuracy and I don't believe that's the case for either.

Todd4State
04-28-2019, 11:12 PM
That means Moorhead is potentially losing two years of a starting QB if KT transfers to add one year of maybe a slightly better player. Maybe. Stevens hasn't been in Moorhead's QB room for 18 months now while KT has been neck deep in it since Joe arrived. I actually seriously doubt Stevens is better than KT at running Joe's offense right now. If he is then KT has just been flat out lazy at learning the system and working on his accuracy and I don't believe that's the case for either.

Penn State didn't change offenses when he left. If KT leaves, he leaves. Then we go get another QB. But you can't assume that he is going to leave especially with a coach that is known for playing two QB's and KT not really having a ton of options unless he is way ahead academically that I am aware of.

Relardo Sidney
04-28-2019, 11:18 PM
Penn State didn't change offenses when he left. If KT leaves, he leaves. Then we go get another QB. But you can't assume that he is going to leave especially with a coach that is known for playing two QB's and KT not really having a ton of options unless he is way ahead academically that I am aware of.

The perfect scenario would be that Stevens is actually better than KT right now and helps us more this next year while KT redshirts and then KT ends up better off for it the next two years as our starter. That's an awfully big pride pill that KT would have to swallow but if that's how this all goes down than I could be on board for that. I am just anxious to see KT prove to everyone he's as good as I think he is.

timotheus
04-29-2019, 07:04 AM
good post ree lardo. KT need to swallow the pride but he better get on his horse cuz shrader and mayben are a coming on strong

Coach34
04-29-2019, 08:12 AM
We bring in Stevens- I'd transfer to LSU and win that job in 2020 if I was KT

Dawg-gone-dawgs
04-29-2019, 08:33 AM

He wouldn't win that job.

Doggie_Style
04-29-2019, 08:40 AM

Tommy must be good.....we have powerhouses such as Illinois, Florida Atlantic, Western Kentucky and yes...Bowling f*****G Green vying for his services.....SMH

Ari Gold
04-29-2019, 08:45 AM
Tommy must be good.....we have powerhouses such as Illinois, Florida Atlantic, Western Kentucky and yes...Bowling f*****G Green vying for his services.....SMH

Again if TS can help us win more ballgames I don’t give a **** if Tennessee Chattanooga is a choice. And he was good enough to get an offer and sign with Penn State.

msu15
04-29-2019, 08:50 AM

Man you are such a shit poster.

Really Clark?
04-29-2019, 08:55 AM

That has a lot to do with how many schools already got transfers at the first of the year. Not near as many schools are options at this point.

Coach34
04-29-2019, 08:58 AM
He wouldn't win that job.

Who is gonna beat him out?

deadheaddawg
04-29-2019, 09:35 AM

It looks like he is getting beat out right now by a QB that only schools like
Illinois, Florida Atlantic, Western Kentucky and yes...Bowling f*****G Green want.

So if KT isn't as good as that QB, and we have every reason to believe he isn't, he is going to get beat out by a lot of people

We actually have a real football coach making this decision in Moorhead. One that has suceeesed in his career. All you other people are not successful coaches, so your opinions are really worth a crap.

Coach34
04-29-2019, 09:43 AM
It looks like he is getting beat out right now by a QB that only schools like
Illinois, Florida Atlantic, Western Kentucky and yes...Bowling f*****G Green want.

So if KT isn't as good as that QB, and we have every reason to believe he isn't, he is going to get beat out by a lot of people

We actually have a real football coach making this decision in Moorhead. One that has suceeesed in his career. All you other people are not successful coaches, so your opinions are really worth a crap.

different QB's fit better in certain schools. Some schools coach QB's better than others. All good coaches adjust their system to their personnel (like we saw vs Auburn). Average or bad coaches run their system regardless of their personnel. Failure to adapt is a huge trait of bad coaches.

ScoobaDawg
04-29-2019, 09:47 AM
different QB's fit better in certain schools. Some schools coach QB's better than others. All good coaches adjust their system to their personnel (like we saw vs Auburn). Average or bad coaches run their system regardless of their personnel. Failure to adapt is a huge trait of bad coaches.

Spoken like a former head coach!

If KT transfers out, I don't forsee it being to an SEC school. System be damned.

deadheaddawg
04-29-2019, 09:48 AM

Failure to become a successful coach is a trait of a fan. And there is a reason you are just a fan and not a successful coach.

Dawg61
04-29-2019, 10:03 AM
Failure to become a successful coach is a trait of a fan. And there is a reason you are just a fan and not a successful coach.

I'm questioning the shit outta Moorhead right now. His offense sucks. Don't like it join genespage and argue with your sister.

Coach34
04-29-2019, 10:04 AM

Well, I was given a trophy this year for coaching. Hopefully you got one too

TrapGame
04-29-2019, 10:10 AM

Was it sponsored by Hooters or Twin Peaks?

I kid...I kid...

deadheaddawg
04-29-2019, 10:10 AM

I did. Very similar to yours too. Our 8 year old basketball team placed 2nd this year.

Johnson85
04-29-2019, 10:11 AM
The counter to that is that Moorhead should have tailored the offense, and he did to an extent. I think Kentucky caught him completely off guard, but that was as much about dumb penalties setting us back as it was anything else. Florida showed him that he truly had to change the offense and he did against Auburn and LSU. LSU was so bad that he just went back to his normal offense and it worked against A&M and everyone else except Alabama, who we were not beating no matter what system we ran. Iowa was a shit show. Tons of turnovers, errant throws, wide receivers dropping passes, and an unusual mistake by the best safety in college football cost us the game.

That's wishful thinking. UK was about us not having tackles that could block Allen and us refusing to give them any help. And I can't imagine how Allen could have caught him off guard. It's not like there wasn't film on him. And it's not like having a RB or TE help an OT with an edge rusher is an uncommon adjustment to make. That's the most disturbing part of this season to me. I believe his system will work fine if he gets the right people in. Maybe not enough to allow us to score against elite SEC defenses, but well enough to do what Dan did. But we can't afford to give up a loss per season because our staff freezes and can't adjust during the game.

deadheaddawg
04-29-2019, 10:13 AM
I'm questioning the shit outta Moorhead right now. His offense sucks. Don't like it join genespage and argue with your sister.

I'm questioning the shit out of our posters right now. Their posting sucks. If you don't like it, stop defending dumbass posters.

Dawg61
04-29-2019, 10:59 AM
I'm questioning the shit out of our posters right now. Their posting sucks. If you don't like it, stop defending dumbass posters.

Not a fan of posters bringing up everyday job/personal info type shit for insults. Nobody talks about how you suck as a gynocologist and you butchered Becky's junk that one time so you shouldn't diss on others for what they do for a living. Moorhead has made a LOT of questionable decisions in the last year that absolutely deserve criticism from the fans. Give me $3 mill a year and you can question what I do all day long. I won't care then and I don't care now.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
04-29-2019, 11:05 AM

Who knows but I am confident if they were in the market for a transfer QB that he would be a last resort. They didn't want him out of hs and what has he done that is making them regret that?

Coach34
04-29-2019, 11:08 AM
Not a fan of posters bringing up everyday job/personal info type shit for insults. Nobody talks about how you suck as a gynocologist and you butchered Becky's junk that one time so you shouldn't diss on others for what they do for a living. Moorhead has made a LOT of questionable decisions in the last year that absolutely deserve criticism from the fans. Give me $3 mill a year and you can question what I do all day long. I won't care then and I don't care now.

It's always been funny to me to see the sunshine posters that think no Coach should ever be criticized or questioned. These are the same people that criticize and question when their hamburger doesnt have mayo on it when ordered, question how their car is fixed or detailed, and question the decisions and work of co-workers. Question how that steak was cooked- but by gosh not a decision made for a football team

RezDog7
04-29-2019, 11:12 AM

You should just start cheering for Bama. Then you could bitch about losing to Clemson in the championship game, or Saban focusing on therapy for his hip replacement instead of the team.

RezDog7
04-29-2019, 11:18 AM

Congrats on the flag football championship. Hopefully Cohen sees the error in his ways and names you head coach at MSU.***

Irondawg
04-29-2019, 11:30 AM
This is merely a hunch, but I get the feeling that maybe KT is a crappy practice player that hits a higher level on Saturday's when the lights are on. That said even then he's a mixed bag QB that is going to oscillate between big plays and plays that just make you scratch your head. Some coaches can live what that type of guy and some coaches it drives utterly insane.

The Louisville and SFU games gave me enough hope that against most teams we'll move the ball with KT and create some big plays. But then that 3Q of the SFU games shows the downside as well.

I think most fans are totally fine with KT being our QB next year, but nobody raved about him in the spring and a lot of fans just are really fearful that our offense will be another train wreck without a QB that can make consistent good passes. At this point if up to Joe if he even wants to pursue and than it's up to TS to even want to take a risk that KT beats him out vs going to one of the other school mentioned where it be really surprising if he wasn't the starter. If Joe pursues Stevens it's clearly not to bring more competition to the position, it's to have him run the show next year.

Dawgfan77
04-29-2019, 11:48 AM
Congrats on the flag football championship. Hopefully Cohen sees the error in his ways and names you head coach at MSU.***
I?m not one to take up for 34 but in his defense he almost took a team to the playoffs in his first year as a HC. First time in 10 years they had a winning season. This past year as OC his team won there region. I wouldn?t criticize his trophy case

Dawg61
04-29-2019, 11:55 AM
This is merely a hunch, but I get the feeling that maybe KT is a crappy practice player that hits a higher level on Saturday's when the lights are on. That said even then he's a mixed bag QB that is going to oscillate between big plays and plays that just make you scratch your head. Some coaches can live what that type of guy and some coaches it drives utterly insane.

The Louisville and SFU games gave me enough hope that against most teams we'll move the ball with KT and create some big plays. But then that 3Q of the SFU games shows the downside as well.

I think most fans are totally fine with KT being our QB next year, but nobody raved about him in the spring and a lot of fans just are really fearful that our offense will be another train wreck without a QB that can make consistent good passes. At this point if up to Joe if he even wants to pursue and than it's up to TS to even want to take a risk that KT beats him out vs going to one of the other school mentioned where it be really surprising if he wasn't the starter. If Joe pursues Stevens it's clearly not to bring more competition to the position, it's to have him run the show next year.

I don't understand the nitpicking of Keytaon's 3rd quarter vs SFU. It was 35-3 going into the 3rd and 49-6 after it including a 30 yard td pass from him. Criticizing KT during that game is like criticizing our pitcher in baseball for walking 3 guys when it's 19-2. It's absolutely absurd to be giving Keytaon shit for missing a couple throws when the game is 49-6. Dak missed throws ALL THE TIME.

Oh and this response really isn't directed at you Irondawg, everyone gives KT shit for that game vs SFA. A game he won 63-6.

Quaoarsking
04-29-2019, 12:22 PM

If that's true he should be a lock to come here.

Johnson85
04-29-2019, 12:25 PM

KT got the benefit of scrub duty as a true freshman and a good chunk of the egg bowl and the Gator Bowl, but he's still basically the equivalent of a RS Sophomore now and was the equivalent of a RS freshman last year. Most guys aren't good quarterbacks as a RS freshman and will struggle as a RS sophomore. Dak ended up good by the end of his RS Sophomore year, but he also had some growing pains during the year (granted he had more on his plate outside of football than any college kid should have to deal with). What really sucks for KT is that he wasn't red shirted last year, when we really could have as far as meaningful snaps go. Playing as a true freshman and a true sophomore wasn't in KT's best interest, so it would be nice if it worked out for him at State. I feel like this conversation would be a lot different if he were a RS sophomore and looking to compete with playing time with a transfer this year. It's functionally not much different with the 4 game rule for RSing, as he can RS this year while still getting some playing time, with the exception that if he insn't held out until the last three games, there's always the chance an injury could force him to burn his RS. But still feels like it would be a more bitter pill to swallow to have to redshirt this year rather than last year.

jackindabox
04-29-2019, 12:52 PM
Give keyce a chance

Coach007
04-29-2019, 01:20 PM

NOPE! Joe Moorhead came to MS St to take us past what we were. We hired him for HIS offense.... not Dan Mullen's. We didn't hire him to be a clone.

Coach007
04-29-2019, 01:23 PM
I?m not one to take up for 34 but in his defense he almost took a team to the playoffs in his first year as a HC. First time in 10 years they had a winning season. This past year as OC his team won there region. I wouldn?t criticize his trophy case

Wait .... what?

We can only criticize one coach and that's Moorhead? Coach34 can't be criticized? Did he win the State title? Did his team place in the top 10 in the nation?

It is football right?

See my point?

deadheaddawg
04-29-2019, 01:59 PM
Wait .... what?

We can only criticize one coach and that's Moorhead? Coach34 can't be criticized? Did he win the State title? Did his team place in the top 10 in the nation?

It is football right?

See my point?

C34 using his "coaching" success as any benchmark in a discussion of Moorhead is like the Bank Teller thinking they know more than the CEO.

They don't. That's why one has climbed the ladder of their chosen career and the other hasn't

Irondawg
04-29-2019, 02:10 PM
I don't understand the nitpicking of Keytaon's 3rd quarter vs SFU. It was 35-3 going into the 3rd and 49-6 after it including a 30 yard td pass from him. Criticizing KT during that game is like criticizing our pitcher in baseball for walking 3 guys when it's 19-2. It's absolutely absurd to be giving Keytaon shit for missing a couple throws when the game is 49-6. Dak missed throws ALL THE TIME.

Oh and this response really isn't directed at you Irondawg, everyone gives KT shit for that game vs SFA. A game he won 63-6.

No, I get you - that's just a game where he looked really really good at times and then awful for other parts. That 3Q the first few series he was really bad against a bad defense. You're right though that Dak look awful at times as well when he was younger and all college QB's have bad stretches.

In the end this all comes down to our HC/OC and what he thinks and what he likes and if he does land TS we have to hope he's making the right call.

Coach34
04-29-2019, 02:18 PM
C34 using his "coaching" success as any benchmark in a discussion of Moorhead is like the Bank Teller thinking they know more than the CEO.

They don't. That's why one has climbed the ladder of their chosen career and the other hasn't

I know football and anybody that knows me will tell you that. Running the power read is running the power read- whether its in the SEC or in 5A football on a Friday night. Inside Zone is inside zone. Etc. Only in HS we cant pick who we want. My successor at my previous job went 0-10 this past season. Make of that what you will.

Good coaches adapt to their talent or they end up getting fired. Thats the bottom line. Saban has adapted over the years- and became the best coach in football. Les Miles had the same talent Saban did- but didnt adapt offensively- wasting numerous NFL quality WR's in Baton Rouge. He got fired eventually. Moorhead did a poor job of it in 2018- anybody that can't see it or won't admit it is just stupid. We'll see what 2019 holds.

Really Clark?
04-29-2019, 02:20 PM

He didn’t. He never even brought up his head coaching record or assistant coaching failures/success. You are the one brought up his coaching as a deflection but he never did until you went personal. Which you believed he was failure and was being snarky about your 8U basketball second place trophy. At least be honest about those posts

MetEdDawg
04-29-2019, 02:31 PM
I know football and anybody that knows me will tell you that. Running the power read is running the power read- whether its in the SEC or in 5A football on a Friday night. Inside Zone is inside zone. Etc. Only in HS we cant pick who we want. My successor at my previous job went 0-10 this past season. Make of that what you will.

Good coaches adapt to their talent or they end up getting fired. Thats the bottom line. Saban has adapted over the years- and became the best coach in football. Les Miles had the same talent Saban did- but didnt adapt offensively- wasting numerous NFL quality WR's in Baton Rouge. He got fired eventually. Moorhead did a poor job of it in 2018- anybody that can't see it or won't admit it is just stupid. We'll see what 2019 holds.

I would think adapting right out of the gate would be exceedingly difficult. You don't know the capability mentally or physically of who can understand your offense because you don't know the players. That's why year 1 can be so tough. Moorhead hadn't seen any of these guys try and execute his offense, so I would think it would be very difficult to ask a coach to come in, install his offense, then try and change it.

In subsequent years, it's much easier because you know who can do what and the game plan you have going in can be tailored to fit your personnel from the very beginning. I do think Moorhead should have adjusted stylistically more. But in terms of verbage and checks and reading a defense, I have to imagine it would be very hard for Moorhead to try and teach it his way (which is what we brought him in to do), then instantly have to adapt it before you even play a game. And considering there weren't any real glaring issues until Kentucky, I would think after 1/3 of the season is over might be a tad late to be able to change much.

deadheaddawg
04-29-2019, 02:34 PM
He didn?t. He never even brought up his head coaching record or assistant coaching failures/success. You are the one brought up his coaching as a deflection but he never did until you went personal. Which you believed he was failure and was being snarky about your 8U basketball second place trophy. At least be honest about those posts

I will be honest. Of course I brought it up. Because he first brought up what is a sign of a good coach.

So he clearly wanted to discuss how to determine what makes a good coach and what doesn't. So if he wants to discuss it, then we will. And luckily he has experience in not being able to become a high level coach.

So it all fits nicely. He wants to talk about what makes a successful coach. So we are.

C34 isn't a successful coach. Moorhead is. There are reasons for this. Moorhead knows a hell of a lot more than C34. I trust Moorhead. His is without question a better coach than C34.

But if one coach calls another, more successful coach out, then he should be prepared to be called out to. If c34 isn't man enough to handle it, well he should leave like he once promised to do

Coach34
04-29-2019, 02:37 PM
I would think adapting right out of the gate would be exceedingly difficult. You don't know the capability mentally or physically of who can understand your offense because you don't know the players. That's why year 1 can be so tough. Moorhead hadn't seen any of these guys try and execute his offense, so I would think it would be very difficult to ask a coach to come in, install his offense, then try and change it.

In subsequent years, it's much easier because you know who can do what and the game plan you have going in can be tailored to fit your personnel from the very beginning. I do think Moorhead should have adjusted stylistically more. But in terms of verbage and checks and reading a defense, I have to imagine it would be very hard for Moorhead to try and teach it his way (which is what we brought him in to do), then instantly have to adapt it before you even play a game. And considering there weren't any real glaring issues until Kentucky, I would think after 1/3 of the season is over might be a tad late to be able to change much.

Not when you had the Spring to evaluate as well as the summer. They knew exactly what they had offensively 2 weeks into August. Hardheadedness resisted change- then changed vs Auburn- then went back because he couldnt stand not running his system. Croom had that type of hardheadedness. I'm not saying Moorhead is Croom- but those 2 share a human trait.

We'll see if he adapts any in 2019- because this team wont be a 35 pass per game team either

Coach34
04-29-2019, 02:40 PM
I will be honest. Of course I brought it up. Because he first brought up what is a sign of a good coach.

C34 isn't a successful coach.

What do you define as successful? I have a state COY skin on my wall- which is a top award in my profession. I've never coached a team that ended up worse than the year before I came in. So I'm not really understanding the success definition here....

Really Clark?
04-29-2019, 02:41 PM

I don’t disagree there are/can be transition difficulties in the first year. But it’s not him changing is offense completely, it’s matching your offense with the personnel you have. And it’s not like we went from a triple option to a spread air raid. There was already overlap to what we have been doing previously. And it’s not like our defense hasn’t made a change the last three years with 3 different DC who separated from what we had been running from the Diaz/Wilson developed playbook prior. The defense has been pretty good the last 2 years and didn’t have “mentally incapable” players who adapted just fine

Really Clark?
04-29-2019, 02:44 PM

So he clearly wanted to discuss how to determine what makes a good coach and what doesn't. So if he wants to discuss it, then we will. And luckily he has experience in not being able to become a high level coach.

So it all fits nicely. He wants to talk about what makes a successful coach. So we are.

C34 isn't a successful coach. Moorhead is. There are reasons for this. Moorhead knows a hell of a lot more than C34. I trust Moorhead. His is without question a better coach than C34.

But if one coach calls another, more successful coach out, then he should be prepared to be called out to. If c34 isn't man enough to handle it, well he should leave like he once promised to do

That was general statement about coaches though. Not him personally. And many coaches believe that across a lot of different levels, even when they hard times getting it implemented with their own team.

deadheaddawg
04-29-2019, 02:49 PM
What do you define as successful? I have a state COY skin on my wall- which is a top award in my profession. I've never coached a team that ended up worse than the year before I came in. So I'm not really understanding the success definition here....

Well you spend time Monday morning quarterbacking Moorhead.....and Moorhead doesn't give 2 shits about you and doesn't have time to waste on you. Because he's busy being a big time coach

Moorhead was able to work his way out of the entry level position and made it to one of the bigger positions in the profession.

You are still working an entry level position.

You may do a fine job as an entry level employee, but that's what you are. An entry level employee. Moorhead isn't

MedDawg
04-29-2019, 03:05 PM

Was 2018 really that much worse than 2017? We finished one game worse, but the schedule was tougher in 2018 than 2017.

To use an objective measurement, Sagarin had State's 2018 team finish #8 with a #11 SOS. Sagarin had State's 2017 team finish #17 with a #46 SOS.

Coach34
04-29-2019, 03:08 PM
Well you spend time Monday morning quarterbacking Moorhead.....and Moorhead doesn't give 2 shits about you and doesn't have time to waste on you. Because he's busy being a big time coach

Moorhead was able to work his way out of the entry level position and made it to one of the bigger positions in the profession.

You are still working an entry level position.

You may do a fine job as an entry level employee, but that's what you are. An entry level employee. Moorhead isn't

and see- this is where I give idiots you rope to hang yourself.

I passed on the college offer I was given 20 years ago. I had a pregnant wife and she didn’t want to be the breadwinner of the family while I was a GA RB coach. I chose to stay in HS as do lots of coaches. Recruiting and hours spent away from family is a tough life

But I’m glad to know you view Jason Garrett as a better coach than Saban and Steve Spurrier and the Bar Manager at Tico’s over theManager
at Chik-Fil-A on County Line

deadheaddawg
04-29-2019, 03:16 PM
And you have spent those 20 years working your way up from assistant high school coach to..... head coach of a high school team? Just want to make sure I have this right.

RezDog7
04-29-2019, 03:18 PM

I'm currently 5-2 as the Northwest 8U softball assistant coach. Feeling pretty good about my upcoming playoff run too.

Coach34
04-29-2019, 03:19 PM
And you have spent those 20 years working your way up from assistant high school coach to..... head coach of a high school team? Just want to make sure I have this right.

No- I spent a decade selling medical devices and supplies.

deadheaddawg
04-29-2019, 03:21 PM

And now you are a successful high school head coach?

Also, just an FYI pyramid scheme diet coffee is not considered a medical device. It's a laxative

RezDog7
04-29-2019, 03:26 PM

No, he's a successful douche bag know it all.

confucius say
04-29-2019, 03:29 PM

Just stop engaging him.
And good to see you posting. The added Insight is welcomed

Coach34

Also, just an FYI pyramid scheme diet coffee is not considered a medical device. It's a laxative

It’s a sports message board- meant for discussion of sports. Fortunately, there isn’t a knowledge requirement for this site
or guys like you wouldn’t make the cut. Have a great day

StarkVegasSteve

But if you have the chance to get a QB that better fits your system then you need to get him. And I'm not saying you're in one camp or the other. I agree that if you don't have the correct QB then you do need to adjust to fit what you have currently and be looking for a QB that does fit the system. But if a good QB that fits the system is available then you need to try like hell to get him.

deadheaddawg
04-29-2019, 03:33 PM
It’s a sports message board- meant for discussion of sports. Fortunately, there isn’t a knowledge requirement for this site
or guys like you wouldn’t make the cut. Have a great day

Looks like someone is taking their hanging rope and going home.

Bless your heart

Coach34
04-29-2019, 03:46 PM

Bless your heart

nah- I’m just done discussing my favorite subject- me

Coach34
04-29-2019, 03:50 PM
But if you have the chance to get a QB that better fits your system then you need to get him. And I'm not saying you're in one camp or the other. I agree that if you don't have the correct QB then you do need to adjust to fit what you have currently and be looking for a QB that does fit the system. But if a good QB that fits the system is available then you need to try like hell to get him.

I don’t disagree with that at all. I’m just saying if I’m KT- I go to LSU if someone is brought in. And LSU would 100% take him after all the shit O caught from the New Orleans HS coaches for letting kids get away

StarkVegasSteve
04-29-2019, 04:00 PM
I don’t disagree with that at all. I’m just saying if I’m KT- I go to LSU if someone is brought in. And LSU would 100% take him after all the shit O caught from the New Orleans HS coaches for letting kids get away

I think KT would love to go to LSU if things didn't work out here.......I just don't think LSU will take him. They need someone to be able to get the ball to their receivers and based on what we've seen from KT in the past he struggles on a lot of throws that they use in that offense. I think Tulane is where he'll end up and he'll kill it in that offense. Willie Fritz runs exactly what suits KT's style, a running QB that can get by with his arm.

basedog
04-29-2019, 04:01 PM
I don?t disagree with that at all. I?m just saying if I?m KT- I go to LSU if someone is brought in. And LSU would 100% take him after all the shit O caught from the New Orleans HS coaches for letting kids get away

I think Lsu has high hopes on a young QB on the team now. Not sure KT would be a good fit, but what do I know. I hope he graduates from Msu, but that is just me.

I hate this poral or whatever transfer rule is called. Ncaa keeps ruining the sport, I sure would like to see power 5 conference get away from the Ncaa.

RougeDawg
04-29-2019, 04:07 PM

Bless your heart

You change your point more times than a teenage girl changes her clothes before a night out. I?m guessing by your post you are young and ignorant on most things, including life. Your passive aggressive deflection mantra is funny to observe. Usually only the rare bearshart infiltrator posts this ignorantly. You are giving them a run for their money. Please continue.

BankerDog
04-29-2019, 04:22 PM
At the end of the day, whoever our QB is, he will still have to throw to our WRs and that?s the problem.

Moorhead?s offense can get WRs open, I saw it time and time again. Last year we had no one who could get it to them and if we did get it to them we witnessed a lot of drops.

I think it?s very obvious Guidry was overrated coming out-he was the 4th WR at Hinds. We also have Payton coming in who is Guidry 2.0 and will be playing the slot. Mitchell has shown potential but still battles drops.

I think we need to move Dontae Jones out to WR and utilize Spivey/Cumbest more. All spring we heard how the offense looked completely different with Spivey and Cumbest on the field, yet we still roll Green out, who battles with drops himself.

I believe KT can play the game and run this offense. He has an IT factor. You have to give him a bigger sample size or if not he?ll transfer to a LSU and you light you up. The intangibles are there for him. You don?t win POY in Louisiana if you can?t play. And before I hear the ?he looked lost against A&M? argument, Fitz looked lost against LSU, Iowa, etc.

deadheaddawg
04-29-2019, 04:27 PM
You change your point more times than a teenage girl changes her clothes before a night out. I?m guessing by your post you are young and ignorant on most things, including life. Your passive aggressive deflection mantra is funny to observe. Usually only the rare bearshart infiltrator posts this ignorantly. You are giving them a run for their money. Please continue.

Awe sweetie. It's cute I occupy so much space in your head, but I didn't change my point. He refused to answer.

He wanted to talk about how to measure success in coaching. I asked him if he was a successful high school head coach.....and he didn't want to carry on the conversation.

What I did was what you call being a smart ass and getting the last word. because he is the one trying to changed his point.

Again, it's flattering you are thinking so much about me, but you can't follow a conversation for shit. Maybe find a kids table somewhere honey

DancingRabbit
04-29-2019, 05:06 PM
At the end of the day, whoever our QB is, he will still have to throw to our WRs and that?s the problem.

Moorhead?s offense can get WRs open, I saw it time and time again. Last year we had no one who could get it to them and if we did get it to them we witnessed a lot of drops.

I think it?s very obvious Guidry was overrated coming out-he was the 4th WR at Hinds. We also have Payton coming in who is Guidry 2.0 and will be playing the slot. Mitchell has shown potential but still battles drops.

I think we need to move Dontae Jones out to WR and utilize Spivey/Cumbest more. All spring we heard how the offense looked completely different with Spivey and Cumbest on the field, yet we still roll Green out, who battles with drops himself.

I believe KT can play the game and run this offense. He has an IT factor. You have to give him a bigger sample size or if not he?ll transfer to a LSU and you light you up. The intangibles are there for him. You don?t win POY in Louisiana if you can?t play. And before I hear the ?he looked lost against A&M? argument, Fitz looked lost against LSU, Iowa, etc.

That in and of itself doesn't mean you're the best option at QB for a D1 school, especially in the SEC.

The QB that won it the year before KT, Lindsey Scott jr, has never taken a D1 snap. LSU bench, juco, Missouri bench.

I think KT would have been very good for Dan. I think it's possible if KT is the guy for us, that he's running Joe's offense better than Nick by some point in the season. Possible, but he's never shown much consistency in his reads or throws. He'll make an NFL throw and next it's a WTF. He does have a certain amount of "IT" factor but it seems to usually show up on busted plays.

basedog
04-29-2019, 05:14 PM
That in and of itself doesn't mean you're the best option at QB for a D1 school, especially in the SEC.

The QB that won it the year before KT, Lindsey Scott jr, has never taken a D1 snap. LSU bench, juco, Missouri bench.

I think KT would have been very good for Dan. I think it's possible if KT is the guy for us, that he's running Joe's offense better than Nick by some point in the season. Possible, but he's never shown much consistency in his reads or throws. He'll make an NFL throw and next it's a WTF. He does have a certain amount of "IT" factor but it seems to usually show up on busted plays.

I also think KT will be a starter for Msu. The "IT" factor is a big deal and being elusive is a plus.

Dawg61
04-29-2019, 05:37 PM
KT got 3 snaps vs aTm and they full blitzed him on all three plays. Nobody can evaluate shit off that except that Moorhead was clueless what to call when they blitzed their entire defense.

RezDog7
04-29-2019, 06:45 PM
KT got 3 snaps vs aTm and they full blitzed him on all three plays. Nobody can evaluate shit off that except that Moorhead was clueless what to call when they blitzed their entire defense.

So internet coach tough guy, what does Madden say you should call on an all out blitz?

Walkerhill
04-29-2019, 06:50 PM
So internet coach tough guy, what does Madden say you should call on an all out blitz?

A screen bro

Jack Lambert
04-29-2019, 07:45 PM
and see- this is where I give idiots you rope to hang yourself.

I passed on the college offer I was given 20 years ago. I had a pregnant wife and she didn?t want to be the breadwinner of the family while I was a GA RB coach. I chose to stay in HS as do lots of coaches. Recruiting and hours spent away from family is a tough life

But I?m glad to know you view Jason Garrett as a better coach than Saban and Steve Spurrier and the Bar Manager at Tico?s over theManager
at Chik-Fil-A on County Line

I thought he was the manager of taco bell in Greenville.

Coach34
04-29-2019, 08:37 PM
He wanted to talk about how to measure success in coaching. I asked him if he was a successful high school head coach.....and he didn't want to carry on the conversation.

And this is completely not true.

I mentioned my state COY skin which is a top award in my profession- how is that not successful? Those are ****ing hard to get. Funny you never addressed that. So at that point- nothing I say will change your trolling. I sent out a text message in 2016 to announce I was returning to coaching- and I had a job at South Panola 48 hours later. Thats how good of a coach I am. Now- the C34 stuff is a hinderence as I have OM people emailing and calling trying to get me fired at each job- it has even cost me from getting an interview at schools that have said they would hire me in a second if nor for that. Dont want to deal with the headache. But it is what it is.

deadheaddawg
04-29-2019, 08:42 PM
Sounds like a lot of other people are to blame for you still being an entry-level employee.

That's a common excuse with people who are stuck in entry level positions. Ironically enough so is doing pyramid schemes on the side

Coach34
04-29-2019, 08:43 PM
Sounds like a lot of other people are to blame for you still being an entry-level employee.

lol- get that weakass troll out of here.

RezDog7
04-29-2019, 08:45 PM
A screen bro

Fitz fast ball would sail 10 feet above the receivers head. Next

msstate7
04-29-2019, 08:46 PM
Fitz fast ball would sail 10 feet above the receivers head. Next

Thought this was a call for when key came in facing blitz

Really Clark?
04-29-2019, 08:57 PM

That doesn’t fit the argument, so they have to change QB...even though that’s outside of the topic

RezDog7
04-29-2019, 09:08 PM

KT's slow ball would fall at the receivers feet. Next

Coach007
04-29-2019, 10:08 PM

I wasn't suggesting that C34 is a bad coach. I'm just saying if we are going to do this, then let's be fair and spread the same rules to all. If he is going to come from a position of "I'm a coach and I know" then live by the rules you set for others.

I like C34.. no issues with him.

BayouDawg
04-29-2019, 10:27 PM
Not to take away from the discussion.... but anybody got any updates on Tommy Touchdown?

Coach007
04-29-2019, 10:32 PM

No.. but you are being dishonest. You are not applying the same rules from you to JoMo. JoMo has a COY on his wall.... Several.

1- His Offense won the big 10.

2- Set records on the way... Nittany Lions set school records for total offense (6,056 yards) and passing yards (3,650), and tied the mark for points scored (526).

3- He won the Big East at 2010.

4- He was named SI No. 1 rising assistant in college football in 2014.... and by Yahoo

5- Overall 46?18 as a head coach.

6- Offensive Coordinator of the Year 2016

7- 2013 Patriot League Coach of the Year
8- 2013 AFCA Regional Co-Coach of the Year and a finalist for both the Eddie Robinson Award as the NCAA FCS national Coach of the Year and the Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year Award.

9- nominated for the Frank Broyles Award

10- won a Mid-American Conference championship

11-... in fact he won conference championships at his last four coaching stops, including Penn State (2016), Fordham (2014), Connecticut (2010) and Akron (2005).

12- Per MSU.... For the second time in his career, Moorhead was recognized as the National Offensive Coordinator of the Year

So is that successful?

Coach007
04-29-2019, 10:42 PM
Not to take away from the discussion.... but anybody got any updates on Tommy Touchdown?

Yes...

- Seem to be setting up a visit.
- IF we offer, he's ours. We have not offered it to him yet

- The team has been made aware of the situation. All QBs know. They have been made aware of it from the coaching staff that they WILL be contacting Stevens and Key is ok with it and will no talks of transferring from him.

DancingRabbit
04-29-2019, 10:48 PM

I've been poking around and it seems like the family is doing a good job of keeping it low profile.

Only thing I saw today was that CBS sports did a post-spring re-rank and dropped Penn St from 12 to 20 and cited Tommy's departure as the main reason.

We're not in their poll right now but maybe when he signs we'll jump 8 spots and be ranked. **

BayouDawg
04-29-2019, 11:04 PM
Yes...

- The team has been made aware of the situation. All QBs know. They have been made aware of it from the coaching staff that they WILL be contacting Stevens and Key is ok with it and will no talks of transferring from him.

Thanks man!

DancingRabbit
04-29-2019, 11:34 PM
Yes...

Come on Sunshine **
https://i.makeagif.com/media/6-24-2016/CUNSAb.gif

Dawg61
04-30-2019, 12:02 AM
Yes...

I'm impressed by the info you've acquired (stolen) while living in your doomsday bunker in the Delta.

DancingRabbit
04-30-2019, 12:13 AM
I'm impressed by the info you've acquired (stolen) while living in your doomsday bunker in the Delta.

You a stalker or a bullshitter?
http://rushthecourt.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/94511012212173_Mississippi_St_at_Georgia.jpg

Todd4State
04-30-2019, 12:24 AM
And...……...back to the topic at hand. It sounds like we're about to get a visit set up soon with Stevens.

Jarius
04-30-2019, 02:58 AM
Coach 34,

This is all true about Nick and Les and everyone else, but Nick went 6-6 in his first year at Alabama. Kirby Smart went 7-5 in his first year at Georgia. Chip Kelly went 3-9 in his first year at UCLA. I chose these schools because they recruit well and the coaches were walking into a situation where you would think that the records would be better in year one due to talent around them. Nick and Kirby obviously improved and I would be shocked if Chip Kelly didn't turn it completely around at UCLA. Mike Leach sucks until he gets his qb into his system. So does Gus at Auburn. It may be a coaching flaw, but it does not mean that we are going to suck long term with Joe as head coach. It means he needs his guys in there. Recruiting will determine whether that happens.

RiverCityDawg
04-30-2019, 05:43 AM
Mike Leach sucks until he gets his qb into his system. So does Gus at Auburn. It may be a coaching flaw, but it does not mean that we are going to suck long term with Joe as head coach. It means he needs his guys in there. Recruiting will determine whether that happens.

I agree with this. Yes, the "great" coaches can adjust what they do and win with any type of good players. But there is something between that and sucking and that might just be what we have in Joe. Maybe he is a one trick pony that can only win with his specific style. Mike Leach would be a great example. Dan Mullen made Relf into a winner. Leach wouldn't win 4 games with Relf. Does that mean Leach sucks? Of course not.

I've got questions about Joe, but since you are able to recruit in college football I'm willing to let him get some players in and see if we can get it going. He has had good offenses everywhere else he's been. Since we aren't going to fire him anytime soon the alternative is 3 years of pessimistic self loathing waiting for him to fail, which is just not something I'm interested in doing. This is all just about entertainment, after all.

BrunswickDawg
04-30-2019, 05:51 AM
No.. but you are being dishonest. You are not applying the same rules from you to JoMo. JoMo has a COY on his wall.... Several.

1- His Offense won the big 10.

2- Set records on the way... Nittany Lions set school records for total offense (6,056 yards) and passing yards (3,650), and tied the mark for points scored (526).

3- He won the Big East at 2010.

4- He was named SI No. 1 rising assistant in college football in 2014.... and by Yahoo

5- Overall 46?18 as a head coach.

6- Offensive Coordinator of the Year 2016

7- 2013 Patriot League Coach of the Year
8- 2013 AFCA Regional Co-Coach of the Year and a finalist for both the Eddie Robinson Award as the NCAA FCS national Coach of the Year and the Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year Award.

9- nominated for the Frank Broyles Award

10- won a Mid-American Conference championship

11-... in fact he won conference championships at his last four coaching stops, including Penn State (2016), Fordham (2014), Connecticut (2010) and Akron (2005).

12- Per MSU.... For the second time in his career, Moorhead was recognized as the National Offensive Coordinator of the Year

So is that successful?

Don't you know that none of that matters at little ol Mis-sippi 'tate? If we aren't 3 yards and a cloud of dust we aren't playing football the Mis-sippi 'tate way, which is the key to our long standing success.

Lord McBuckethead
04-30-2019, 06:43 AM
Is Tommy Stevens any good?

Jarius
04-30-2019, 07:55 AM

He may not be any good but he's better than what we have for our current system or our head coach would not be going after him. That's all that matters at this point.

Coach007
04-30-2019, 07:59 AM

Yes. Can run, throw accurately, and run routes.

Randolph Dupree
04-30-2019, 08:32 AM
Yes. Can run, throw accurately, and run routes.

Maybe we want him as a receiver*

MedDawg
04-30-2019, 08:42 AM
Maybe we want him as a receiver*

We absolutely could use him as a receiver. He'd be one of our best on his first day.

However, he likely would not be too happy losing the QB job after transferring so who knows what his mentality and production would be like here as a WR. Hopefully he'd be a team player and produce wherever he played. He was and did at Penn State.

I want him at MSU.

msstate7
04-30-2019, 08:44 AM
We absolutely could use him as a receiver. He'd be one of our best on his first day.

However, he likely would not be too happy losing the QB job after transferring so who knows what his mentality and production would be like here as a WR. Hopefully he'd be a team player and produce wherever he played. He was and did at Penn State.

I want him at MSU.

Again, he's leaving penn st bc they won't name him starter. He isn't coming with less than a deal in place to be the starter at qb

Coach007
04-30-2019, 08:48 AM
Again, he's leaving penn st bc they won't name him starter. He isn't coming with less than a deal in place to be the starter at qb

Correct. If we go after him and don't land him, it WILL be due to him not given assurances. He knows there are places that can give him the starting job. He knows it's his last chance to show the NFL what he can do.