PDA

View Full Version : Favorite to land Tommy Stevens

Pages : 1 [2]

Johnson85
04-30-2019, 08:59 AM
Was 2018 really that much worse than 2017? We finished one game worse, but the schedule was tougher in 2018 than 2017.

To use an objective measurement, Sagarin had State's 2018 team finish #8 with a #11 SOS. Sagarin had State's 2017 team finish #17 with a #46 SOS.

On the offensive side of the ball, yes. In 2017, we could manufacture scoring against weak to good defenses but couldn't move the ball on elite defenses b/c of a lack of passing attack.

In 2018, we could destroy weak defenses, score pretty well against mediocre defenses, and couldn't move the ball on good or elite defenses. It made it much more frustrating b/c we just needed minimal competence on offense to beat UK and UF.

And I think the computer ratings are somewhat fool's gold for us this year. We were just a weird team as far as being able to destroy weaker teams and look completely lost against good teams. We were pretty good overall and could have beaten the vast majority of the teams in the country, but we would look like dog shit against good defenses. Not sure how many defenses would make us look awful.
Just the top 10? Or Top 15? I think certainly by the time we get to a top 20ish defense our offense was ok, at least when paired with our defense.

bulldawg28
04-30-2019, 09:09 AM
Correct. If we go after him and don't land him, it WILL be due to him not given assurances. He knows there are places that can give him the starting job. He knows it's his last chance to show the NFL what he can do.

Nothing at Qb

Johnson85
04-30-2019, 09:19 AM
I agree with this. Yes, the "great" coaches can adjust what they do and win with any type of good players. But there is something between that and sucking and that might just be what we have in Joe. Maybe he is a one trick pony that can only win with his specific style. Mike Leach would be a great example. Dan Mullen made Relf into a winner. Leach wouldn't win 4 games with Relf. Does that mean Leach sucks? Of course not.

I've got questions about Joe, but since you are able to recruit in college football I'm willing to let him get some players in and see if we can get it going. He has had good offenses everywhere else he's been. Since we aren't going to fire him anytime soon the alternative is 3 years of pessimistic self loathing waiting for him to fail, which is just not something I'm interested in doing. This is all just about entertainment, after all.

Another thing to remember is the number of great coaches is extremely small. Gus is a good offensive guy and couldn't make it work with an NFL prospect at QB in Stidham, b/c the Qb was a pocket passer. Mullen is a good offensive guy and couldn't make it work with Russell (although in fairness with an SEC quality receiver corp he might could have done better) and even with leake, I'm not sure what that NC year looks like without Tebow to come in for short yardage and Red Zone opportunities. And the great coaches that are out there, they pretty quickly become such big names and recruit so well that they hardly need to do the hard coaching of making real changes to adapt to players that don't fit their system.

With Moorhead, I think we have an analytical guy that if you give him an off season, can really come up with some good stuff. I think with his players in place, he's probably a really good play caller. At least based off this year, which is not necessarily a fair comparison as he was handling a lot of additional duties for the first time since Fordham, he may not be good at in game adjustments.

But all that together just means if he can get his players, he's probably going to be good for us. May not get us past Bama and/or UGA type programs, but that's always going to be a long shot, and if we do get that guy, he's going to get offered money that will make him top 5 paid head coach in college.

Scared_Hitless
04-30-2019, 09:55 AM
Coach 34,

This is all true about Nick and Les and everyone else, but Nick went 6-6 in his first year at Alabama. Kirby Smart went 7-5 in his first year at Georgia. Chip Kelly went 3-9 in his first year at UCLA. I chose these schools because they recruit well and the coaches were walking into a situation where you would think that the records would be better in year one due to talent around them. Nick and Kirby obviously improved and I would be shocked if Chip Kelly didn't turn it completely around at UCLA. Mike Leach sucks until he gets his qb into his system. So does Gus at Auburn. It may be a coaching flaw, but it does not mean that we are going to suck long term with Joe as head coach. It means he needs his guys in there. Recruiting will determine whether that happens.

One of the better posts in regards to JoMo that I have seen on the board. Kudos I 100% agree Kirby, Nick, Herman, etc. Have walked into better situations then we presented based on recruiting and talent and still struggled their first season. I am not ready to say he is a bad coach yet. I think we improve under him recruiting and passing. Will that take us to the next level remains to be seen.

NCDawg
04-30-2019, 11:40 AM
Again, he's leaving penn st bc they won't name him starter. He isn't coming with less than a deal in place to be the starter at qb

I don't think you can make him that promise. If he comes in and KT or somebody else clearly outplays him in practice, and Moorhead has already promised Stevens that he will be the starter, I don't think that will sit too well with the rest of the team.

TrapGame
04-30-2019, 11:59 AM
I don't think you can make him that promise. If he comes in and KT or somebody else clearly outplays him in practice, and Moorhead has already promised Stevens that he will be the starter, I don't think that will sit too well with the rest of the team.

If Joe is clearly looking at Stevens to come in I think it's pretty safe to assume Key ain't gonna beat him out of the job. Key has gone through two springs in this system if he had it down Tommy Stevens name would never have popped up on the radar.

Johnson85
04-30-2019, 12:14 PM

Nobody is going to promise he's going to be the starter. They are going to tell him he will be the best QB the moment he steps on campus and if he does what he's supposed to do, he'll be the starter. If he ends up not being the starter, he will be pissed, but there's nothing you can do about that if KT beats him out. Every player knows or should know that they can always be beat out.

I assume that especially with a transfer, there's no benefit to lying about their likely place on the depth chart and that Moorhead won't tell him he's likely to be the starter if he thinks it's anywhere near a coin toss as to who will be better.

Dawg61
04-30-2019, 02:00 PM
Moorhead told Fitz to clear space for the heisman trophy so who knows what he's told Stevens.

TrapGame
04-30-2019, 02:19 PM
Moorhead told Fitz to clear space for the heisman trophy so who knows what he's told Stevens.

Yeah, too bad he didn't know Fitz couldn't read a defense or complete a pass over ten yards about a 3rd of the time. Again, what's on that bench looks bad on Mullen and his supernatural QB whispering bullshit. Mullen stopped coaching long before he went to Florida. Dak was his last effort at molding a QB. He was ready to go after Dak. It's not Fitz's fault either. Dan ****ed over this team in more ways than one. I also guarantee you Dan spent more time coaching Franks at FL in 6 months than he did Fitz for two years. He was back to giving a shit again (see Relf, Chris 2009-10).

Dawg-gone-dawgs
04-30-2019, 02:41 PM
Yeah, too bad he didn't know Fitz couldn't read a defense or complete a pass over ten yards about a 3rd of the time.

That makes it worse then. Why even mention Heisman to him then if he didn't know what Fitz could or couldn't do?

TrapGame
04-30-2019, 02:47 PM
That makes it worse then. Why even mention Heisman to him then if he didn't know what Fitz could or couldn't do?

Cause he thought Mullen coached him up. He didn't. Mullen left this project player in mid-fix.

Really Clark?
04-30-2019, 02:58 PM
Cause he thought Mullen coached him up. He didn't. Mullen left this project player in mid-fix.

If he thought that after watching film on Fitz the last 2 years, then Moorehead (Breiner as well) has no business evaluating talent or mechanics in throwing. Especially after seeing him in person for months. That’s beyond a weak take with an offensive coach who was a QB and QB coach himself.

Maroonthirteen
04-30-2019, 03:01 PM
Good grief. What was Joe supposed to say.

Yeah, you know this school historically has the lowest winning percentage of all sec schools. Only game i watched yous guys play was the 2017 egg bowl. Boy was that a beating. The QB under threw a pass by 20 yards that set the tone for that game. Can that guy even walk? Because The freshman isn?t any good either. Yous Guys don?t expect much. Players get your degree, you?ll need it. Send my check to 123 easy street Waverley. I reckon I?ll see yous guys for another 4 years. So no need to wear out my welcome in the first presser. Good luck on your baseball. I?m flying out of this misery and back to happy valley for the summer. See ya next fall.

Dawg61
04-30-2019, 03:10 PM
Yeah, too bad he didn't know Fitz couldn't read a defense or complete a pass over ten yards about a 3rd of the time. Again, what's on that bench looks bad on Mullen and his supernatural QB whispering bullshit. Mullen stopped coaching long before he went to Florida. Dak was his last effort at molding a QB. He was ready to go after Dak. It's not Fitz's fault either. Dan ****ed over this team in more ways than one. I also guarantee you Dan spent more time coaching Franks at FL in 6 months than he did Fitz for two years. He was back to giving a shit again (see Relf, Chris 2009-10).

Good post. 2014 Bama and the Hugh Freeze era broke Mullen.

DancingRabbit
04-30-2019, 03:15 PM
If he thought that after watching film on Fitz the last 2 years, then Moorehead (Breiner as well) has no business evaluating talent or mechanics in throwing. Especially after seeing him in person for months. That’s beyond a weak take with an offensive coach who was a QB and QB coach himself.

I don't understand all the emotional back-lash over some positive coach-speak the day after he was hired. This is immediately after the egg loss, Fitz's leg and Dan saying see ya - a little positivity was in order.

Maroonthirteen
04-30-2019, 03:18 PM
I don't understand all the emotional back-lash over some positive coach-speak the day after he was hired. This is immediately after the egg loss, Fitz's leg and Dan saying see ya - a little positivity was in order.

Exactly. It was what it was at that point. It isn’t like he had any options other than Fitz.

Really Clark?
04-30-2019, 03:24 PM

I don’t have a problem with that. Where did I post anything against that? I was responding directly to the idea that Moorehead thought Mullen had “coached Fitz up” more than he actually was, which was a weak take and insinuates that Moorehead has no clue what he had at QB. But as far as the coach speak stuff coming in, I’ve no issues with that.

TrapGame
04-30-2019, 03:25 PM

Mullen's offense made Fitz look a lot better than he really was. And that's not knock on Fitz. He did what was asked of him.

Dawg61
04-30-2019, 03:26 PM
Exactly. It was what it was at that point. It isn’t like he had any options other than Fitz.

The amount of disrespect Keytaon gets from this fanbase is ridiculous. KT had 473 total yards vs SFA in only 3 QUARTERS! He didn't even play in the 4th. Fitz didn't sniff that total amount of yards in one game the entire year.

msstate7
04-30-2019, 03:30 PM
The amount of disrespect Keytaon gets from this fanbase is ridiculous. KT had 473 total yards vs SFA in only 3 QUARTERS! He didn't even play in the 4th. Fitz didn't sniff that total amount of yards in one game the entire year.

Trashing our QBs is to deflect all blame off Moorhead

TrapGame
04-30-2019, 03:31 PM

I don't understand why he couldn't beat Fitz out. He obviously the better QB on paper. He has really more of an up side than Fitz. I don't understand why Joe didn't pull Fitz in the LSU game and tell Key "Key, you're the man now."

RezDog7
04-30-2019, 03:32 PM

Umm, SFA.

TrapGame
04-30-2019, 03:35 PM

So Moorhead deserves ALL the blame? If you believe that you really are dense.

But then again throwing Moorhead under the bus after one year is really pathetic.

If the offense looks just as lost as last year with Stevens, or Key, I'm off the bandwagon. We need to see this offense actually work like its supposed to in year two.

Really Clark?
04-30-2019, 03:41 PM
Mullen's offense made Fitz look a lot better than he really was. And that's not knock on Fitz. He did what was asked of him.

Moorehead has been an OC and QB coach for years but you think he can’t breakdown what Fitz was asked to do under Mullen?

TrapGame
04-30-2019, 03:47 PM
Good post. 2014 Bama and the Hugh Freeze era broke Mullen.

OT: Mullen sure is running his mouth a lot at Florida. I guess he forgot his ass has trouble cashing the checks his mouth makes. It could get awkward in Gainsville in a few years.

DancingRabbit
04-30-2019, 03:48 PM
I don’t have a problem with that. Where did I post anything against that? I was responding directly to the idea that Moorehead thought Mullen had “coached Fitz up” more than he actually was, which was a weak take and insinuates that Moorehead has no clue what he had at QB. But as far as the coach speak stuff coming in, I’ve no issues with that.

Sorry, I shouldn't have quoted you. My comments were directed at anyone complaining about Joe's hiring day coachspeak 18 months later. If you're not one of those we're good.

TrapGame
04-30-2019, 03:49 PM
Moorehead has been an OC and QB coach for years but you think he can’t breakdown what Fitz was asked to do under Mullen?

Well, y'all say he sucks as an OC/QB coach soooooo maybe he can't.

Really Clark?
04-30-2019, 03:53 PM
Sorry, I shouldn't have quoted you. My comments were directed at anyone complaining about Joe's hiring day coachspeak 18 months later. If you're not one of those we're good.

No problem at all. Lord knows that I’ve been critical about a lot of things offensively this past season. But that’s definitely not an issue I have with him. And there’s no doubt in my mind he was disappointed with the offense as well.

Dawg61
04-30-2019, 03:54 PM
I don't understand why he couldn't beat Fitz out. He obviously the better QB on paper. He has really more of an up side than Fitz. I don't understand why Joe didn't pull Fitz in the LSU game and tell Key "Key, you're the man now."

If Fitz doesn't break his ankle in the Egg Bowl he probably does get benched for a couple of drives vs LSU, Florida, Kentucky. His sympathy clout was on max the whole year once Joe took over and told him he was gonna win the heisman. Joe was never going to bench him no matter what once he said that.

Todd4State
04-30-2019, 04:05 PM
If Fitz doesn't break his ankle in the Egg Bowl he probably does get benched for a couple of drives vs LSU, Florida, Kentucky. His sympathy clout was on max the whole year once Joe took over and told him he was gonna win the heisman. Joe was never going to bench him no matter what once he said that.

Nick was very much in trouble of losing his job after LSU. Nick straightened up after that game and that's not a coincidence.

Very curious to me around that time were Joe's comment about how he was tired of protecting Nick. I think it was obviously a slip of the tongue but very telling about our situation at the time.

confucius say
04-30-2019, 04:16 PM

He wanted to play KT but KT was nowhere near ready. Ask anybody who watched practice. Hell nick Gibson two weeks ago, when asked about KT improving, said last fall KT was throwing the ball all over the place and nobody knew where it was going.

StarkVegasSteve
04-30-2019, 04:23 PM
He wanted to play KT but KT was nowhere near ready. Ask anybody who watched practice. Hell nick Gibson two weeks ago, when asked about KT improving, said last fall KT was throwing the ball all over the place and nobody knew where it was going.

That's why we saw KT in an important point in the A&M game......and then we saw what happened. It was at that moment that I knew he wasn't ready. And I wanted to go to KT very bad all throughout the LSU game and all week leading up to the A&M game. I even made the statement that if KT plays a majority of the game then we probably win. Gladly ate crow on that one

BuckyIsAB****
04-30-2019, 07:14 PM

He wouldnt have been a project player for Mullen in 2018. He would have probably gotten all american votes, if not made one of the teams outright. It was just a bigger hill to climb than anyone realized.

English to Spanish

TrapGame
04-30-2019, 09:12 PM
He wouldnt have been a project player for Mullen in 2018. He would have probably gotten all american votes, if not made one of the teams outright. It was just a bigger hill to climb than anyone realized.

English to Spanish

Yep, I totally agree.

deadheaddawg
04-30-2019, 10:47 PM
People need to realize Dan Mullen is arguably the best QB coach in the country.... especially for a certain type of QB. The type we have on campus now. DM's track record with QBs cannot be questioned.

Guess what guys. That means we lost a very special coach when it comes to coaching QBs like Fitz and KT. We were not going to replace that. You can't. What he does best is what we are all complaining about

There was going to be a drop off at QB. And there were going to be issues having a good fit for the QBs on our roster. ... remember these are specialized types of QBs we have.

There just wasn't a way to avoid it some disruption. What was best for the program was making the best hire for the long term.

If that means getting a very highly regarded young assistant that ran an offensive that needs something different....and giving him time to do it.....so be it.

Our record 4 years from now is more important to me than last year's

Coach007
04-30-2019, 11:35 PM

Mullen's offense was not a vertical game. Fitz would have never had to have thrown it deep. There is a real reason why we did not get alot of great WRs under Mullen. He didn't need them for his game.

So take what Mullen did and add a vertical game and that's Moorhead. Spread them DEEP and WIDE and allow the QB the reads to run, hand off or pass.

Coach007
04-30-2019, 11:42 PM

Nope. Nobody is trashing him. Stating his stats is not trashing him. Stating facts like it's SFA is just truth.

What everybody is saying is obvious.

- Moorhead was hired for his offense and success... he was NOT hired to be a Mullen clone.
- Moorhead's offense runs circles around Mullen's. Why? Because Mullen doesn't play deep ball or longer passes. He lives off bubble screens and 5- 15 yard passes with the QB allowed to pull the ball and run. Moorhead's doesn't just spread them horizontally, but vertically too.

He has the COY plaques on his wall and knows what it takes to make his system run. Let him do his job. OR maybe we can ALL just ban together and bitch about him like you and others did Mullen until he is ready to move on.

Coach007
04-30-2019, 11:43 PM

Again.. no. Nobody is trashing them.

- Either you want Moorhead to do his job

OR

- You want him to cater to the players MULLEN recruited for HIS offense.

You are placing him in a non-winnable situation.

Todd4State
05-01-2019, 12:03 AM
Again.. no. Nobody is trashing them.

- Either you want Moorhead to do his job

OR

- You want him to cater to the players MULLEN recruited for HIS offense.

You are placing him in a non-winnable situation.

Yep.

I've come to realize very quickly that everything is Joe's fault no matter what.

And it's most interesting to me that some of his biggest critics that have railed him for "not adjusting to his players" are upset that he's trying to get a QB in that fits his system.

DancingRabbit
05-01-2019, 12:42 AM
Yep.

I've come to realize very quickly that everything is Joe's fault no matter what.

And it's most interesting to me that some of his biggest critics that have railed him for "not adjusting to his players" are upset that he's trying to get a QB in that fits his system.

I think this was a particularly challenging adjustment. You have 2 semi-accurate QBs and a receiver corps that has the dropsies. Other than that and maybe LT, you had some very solid offensive pieces. You have to tip your hat to Dan and Hev for whatever their secret sauce is, but not many programs do things quite like they do.

There's certainly valid complaints that not making the right adjustments cost us a couple of games. I won't argue that.

BUT in the past he's been touted as being great at that.

Randy Edsall, his HC at UConn when Joe was the OC, said this when he got the Penn State job.

"Joe is as good of an offensive coordinator, quarterback coach and play-caller as there is around. He'll do a great job at Penn State. They got a steal. Those kids will love him."

"He was able to take all the pieces we had and put them together ...," Edsall said. "He's not one of those guys who is stubborn and says, 'This is how we have to do it.' He's going to take his personnel and utilize their abilities to the max for the offense to be successful. James really helped himself with that hire."

https://www.ydr.com/story/sports/college/penn-state/football/2015/12/14/penn-state-got-steal-new-oc-joe-moorhead/77314840/

Todd4State
05-01-2019, 01:15 AM
I think this was a particularly challenging adjustment. You have 2 semi-accurate QBs and a receiver corps that has the dropsies. Other than that and maybe LT, you had some very solid offensive pieces. You have to tip your hat to Dan and Hev for whatever their secret sauce is, but not many programs do things quite like they do.

There's certainly valid complaints that not making the right adjustments cost us a couple of games. I won't argue that.

BUT in the past he's been touted as being great at that.

Randy Edsall, his HC at UConn when Joe was the OC, said this when he got the Penn State job.

"Joe is as good of an offensive coordinator, quarterback coach and play-caller as there is around. He'll do a great job at Penn State. They got a steal. Those kids will love him."

"He was able to take all the pieces we had and put them together ...," Edsall said. "He's not one of those guys who is stubborn and says, 'This is how we have to do it.' He's going to take his personnel and utilize their abilities to the max for the offense to be successful. James really helped himself with that hire."

https://www.ydr.com/story/sports/college/penn-state/football/2015/12/14/penn-state-got-steal-new-oc-joe-moorhead/77314840/

I think it was challenging in the sense that you have a record setting QB at running the ball who was the face of the program coming off of a pretty horrific injury that was dirty...but at the same time he was also a known party animal, got suspended in game one, and was very inaccurate. I think we were solid at RB, TE, and C/G. That's only about half of the offense. People talk about how good Dan was- but this offense put up similar numbers all told in 2017 and 2018. People can scream but...….but.....CONFERENCE games.....all they want to. This offense also blew out all of our OOC opponents- Dan did not one out of four times. Not complaining because we usually still won and that's all that matters plus everyone has an off day. Point is that's a far cry from Crooooom-esque. We also hung 52 on Arkansas and 35 on the road against Ole Miss in what was probably honestly the best all around Egg Bowl I have ever seen us play as I was not alive in 1909 or whatever year it was that we beat Ole Miss 65-0. We also scored in the 20's against A&M and Auburn which was good enough to win and those were quality SEC teams. All of that tells me it wasn't the system and that we need to add talent to the roster. Because when we are getting beat by LSU and allowing 17 and Alabama and allow 24 that tells me we are there on defense in terms of talent because there have definitely been times in other years where the defense wasn't "there" yet either.

I also find it interesting that Joe has now taken over as the OC since Getsy left. That makes me wonder how much was called by Joe vs Getsy and it makes me wonder if Joe disagreed with a lot of what Getsy was calling- however much that may have been. It kind of reminds me of when Les Koenning left and Dan took over as the OC after 2013. The whole reason why Dan hired Les was so he could focus on being the head coach until he realized that he could handle both calling plays and managing the team. Perhaps Joe had the same thought in year one?

Todd4State
05-01-2019, 01:17 AM
Mullen's offense was not a vertical game. Fitz would have never had to have thrown it deep. There is a real reason why we did not get alot of great WRs under Mullen. He didn't need them for his game.

So take what Mullen did and add a vertical game and that's Moorhead. Spread them DEEP and WIDE and allow the QB the reads to run, hand off or pass.

I think Dan would have been more vertical if he had the receivers to do it but I'm not sure that he didn't want them. I think he felt like he was so smart of a OC and that his offense was so good he could plug in anyone including three smurfs at WR and he would still put up tons of points. I think he valued his friends over that as a result. We didn't have offensive tackles either and I'm 100% that wasn't because we didn't want them either.

Maroonthirteen
05-01-2019, 05:43 AM

We talking about Stephen F Austin, man! I recall Hill taking a swing pass 70-80 yards for a TD. I remember KT skipping a ball to an open WR early In The game. Missing others. It wasn?t a clean game. Just a total mismatch in talent.

Ezsoil
05-01-2019, 07:40 AM
We talking about Stephen F Austin, man! I recall Hill taking a swing pass 70-80 yards for a TD. I remember KT skipping a ball to an open WR early In The game. Missing others. It wasn?t a clean game. Just a total mismatch in talent.

And the TD to Williams was wounded duck that would had been intercepted in most high school games

BrunswickDawg
05-01-2019, 08:23 AM
I know this is a thread hijack - but did y'all see that Jalon Jones for UF has entered the transfer portal? Is this a record for an early enrollee? Not a good look for UF. - https://www.dawgnation.com/football/georgia-football-dan-mullen-jalon-jones

msstate7
05-01-2019, 08:32 AM
I know this is a thread hijack - but did y'all see that Jalon Jones for UF has entered the transfer portal? Is this a record for an early enrollee? Not a good look for UF. - https://www.dawgnation.com/football/georgia-football-dan-mullen-jalon-jones

Franks/Emory Jones this year and next
Emory Jones the following year

I think the kid is smart to leave now

Jarius
05-01-2019, 09:16 AM
Franks/Emory Jones this year and next
Emory Jones the following year

I think the kid is smart to leave now

If he was smart he would have never went there to begin with.

msstate7
05-01-2019, 09:19 AM
If he was smart he would have never went there to begin with.

Maybe so, but correcting a mistake at once is better than digging in farther

Jarius
05-01-2019, 09:22 AM
Maybe so, but correcting a mistake at once is better than digging in farther

Well, the rumor is that he beat up a female so if that's true I'm not sure he corrected much of anything.

Ari Gold
05-01-2019, 11:08 AM
So those are questioning CJM for looking and making sure we have the best chance to win football games with the right QB
Hopefully they also questioned CDM when he was out courting Cam Newton when we had Tyler Russell up next ready to go

Not saying that Tommy Stevens by any stretch is Cam but it’s the same situation. .

And I have no issue with KT running the show if he is ready to go. Hopefully they will be fixed , if we don’t get a QB transfer they have to be

Dawg61
05-01-2019, 12:01 PM
So those are questioning CJM for looking and making sure we have the best chance to win football games with the right QB
Hopefully they also questioned CDM when he was out courting Cam Newton when we had Tyler Russell up next ready to go

Not saying that Tommy Stevens by any stretch is Cam but it’s the same situation. .

And I have no issue with KT running the show if he is ready to go. Hopefully they will be fixed , if we don’t get a QB transfer they have to be

Except that it isn't the same situation at all because that was Cam Newton the guy that carried his team to a natty and won the heisman.

Dawg61
05-01-2019, 12:02 PM

Fitz never faced a shitty team either? 473 yards is 473 yards and he did it in only 3 quarters.

Doggie_Style
05-01-2019, 12:07 PM

Not saying that Tommy Stevens by any stretch is Cam but it?s the same situation. .

And I have no issue with KT running the show if he is ready to go. Hopefully they will be fixed , if we don?t get a QB transfer they have to be

The only similarities that I see are the relationships between Mullen/Newton and Moorhead/Stevens and the need for a better option at QB....Newton was clearly a better option over Russell but I don't think there is any evidence to support Stevens being clearly better than KT. I also don't see Illinois or Bowling Green coughing up $100K to swoop in and steal Stevens from Joe.....LOL

Really Clark?
05-01-2019, 12:09 PM
Except that it isn't the same situation at all because that was Cam Newton the guy that carried his team to a natty and won the heisman.

Nobody thought that is what Cam would end up doing during his recruitment. Everybody knew he was good and talented but you are using what he did after the fact which is irrelevant to what Ari posted.

Doggie_Style
05-01-2019, 12:13 PM
Nobody thought that is what Cam would end up doing during his recruitment. Everybody knew he was good and talented but you are using what he did after the fact which is irrelevant to what Ari posted.

He had just won the JC Natty and basically looked like Superman...so there's that

Really Clark?
05-01-2019, 12:17 PM
He had just won the JC Natty and basically looked like Superman...so there's that

He wasn’t even in the Heisman talk during the Sept games. So no, he wasn’t thought of as being close to what he actually accomplished during his recruiting

Dawg61
05-01-2019, 12:21 PM

I like KT a whole lot more now than I did Tyler in 2009 and even if we didn't know he'd win the Heisman it was and is clearly obvious Cam Newton is miles better than a PSU backup.

RiverCityDawg
05-01-2019, 12:25 PM
The only similarities that I see are the relationships between Mullen/Newton and Moorhead/Stevens and the need for a better option at QB....Newton was clearly a better option over Russell but I don't think there is any evidence to support Stevens being clearly better than KT. I also don't see Illinois or Bowling Green coughing up $100K to swoop in and steal Stevens from Joe.....LOL

YOU don't see the evidence, but Joe is more equipped to evaluate who between KT and Stevens is better at running his offense more so than anyone on the planet. He's actually seen both of them running it! Why are some message board fans not giving him the benefit of the doubt on this? Because he didn't adjust the offense to Fitz? Those two things are in no way related and it's incredible that people are trying to link them.

TrapGame
05-01-2019, 12:29 PM
Some of y'all got some revisionist history going on with Cam Newton. Nobody knew who this dude was in November of 2009, but everybody knew who he was in November 2010.

BrunswickDawg
05-01-2019, 12:35 PM
The problem with the whole analogy - and I can't believe no one picked up on this - is that we wouldn't have had Cam replacing Russell. Cam would have replaced Relf and Russell. Relf was a big question mark going into the 2010 season. He had been the hero of the '09 Egg Bowl but somewhat pedestrian as a back up. Russell was so venerated as a passer that many thought he would overtake Relf even though he was just a redshirt freshman.

Where the analogy is right is that Dan was working with 2 questionable choices - Relf who had not proven himself as a passer, and Russell who wasn't a fit for his system (and wasn't ready) - and to advance his abilities to fully implement HIS system was going after HIS guy.

DancingRabbit
05-01-2019, 12:35 PM
It seems like we're going down some weird rabbit holes and making some shaky arguments (on both "sides") over a fairly straightforward situation. Of course we would look at opportunities to upgrade the QB room. we've been doing it. We might be OK with KT but it looks like Stevens could be an upgrade. Joe is the best guy out there to know and he seems to handle the room pretty well, so I'm not worried about chemistry issues.

Really Clark?
05-01-2019, 12:36 PM
I like KT a whole lot more now than I did Tyler in 2009 and even if we didn't know he'd win the Heisman it was and is clearly obvious Cam Newton is miles better than a PSU backup.

Even Mahlzan didn’t trust his passing early in 2010. And he wasn’t close to lighting it up either. This is all revising history to fit your point of view. Especially early that season. There was no hype for him until mid late Oct. He had 5 picks his first 6 games. No big rushing games vs conference teams until Kentucky in Oct.

Dawg61
05-01-2019, 12:59 PM
Even Mahlzan didn’t trust his passing early in 2010. And he wasn’t close to lighting it up either. This is all revising history to fit your point of view. Especially early that season. There was no hype for him until mid late Oct. He had 5 picks his first 6 games. No big rushing games vs conference teams until Kentucky in Oct.

Cam was special and it was immediately obvious by just watching him. Kinda like watching LeBron James in high school. It didn't take long to notice they weren't like everyone else on the court/field. Cam was the #1 pick in the draft and shoulda been.

Really Clark?
05-01-2019, 01:12 PM
Cam was special and it was immediately obvious by just watching him. Kinda like watching LeBron James in high school. It didn't take long to notice they weren't like everyone else on the court/field. Cam was the #1 pick in the draft and shoulda been.

That’s just not true. Auburn didn’t even offer him until late, they were not sure on him. It wasn’t like he had every D1 school after him after JUCO. He ended up having a special year at Auburn. Nobody thought he was close to being that special coming out of JUCO. Nobody was thinking that.

Doggie_Style
05-01-2019, 01:23 PM
That?s just not true. Auburn didn?t even offer him until late, they were not sure on him. It wasn?t like he had every D1 school after him after JUCO. He ended up having a special year at Auburn. Nobody thought he was close to being that special coming out of JUCO. Nobody was thinking that.

Newton was the most highly recruited JC QB in the nation when he signed with Auburn and they thought enough of him to pay the $$$. Yea some teams were reluctant due to the stolen laptop situation at Florida but he lit it up at Blinn, won a JC natty and was the top JC QB. Stevens has thrown 41 passes in 4 years.......no comparison.

Maroonthirteen
05-01-2019, 01:33 PM
Fitz never faced a shitty team either? 473 yards is 473 yards and he did it in only 3 quarters.

Not talking about Fitz. I’m talking about KT v SFA ..... 13 of 31 attempts.

Really Clark?
05-01-2019, 01:45 PM
Newton was the most highly recruited JC QB in the nation when he signed with Auburn and they thought enough of him to pay the $$$. Yea some teams were reluctant due to the stolen laptop situation at Florida but he lit it up at Blinn, won a JC natty and was the top JC QB. Stevens has thrown 41 passes in 4 years.......no comparison.

I’ve never brought up Stevens. What I’ve pointed out is that Cam was not thought of to be close to some of y’all are revising with his history. Cam was the #1 JUCO QB...Randal Mackey was #2. He was down to us, Auburn and KState and had 3 other offers but OK was not commutable. Arizona and UNC. Spin all you want but nobody, not even the few schools recruiting him and the one who signed him, thought he would have the year he did. Nobody was predicting that, preseason or the first half of the season

Ari Gold
05-01-2019, 01:47 PM
As usual some of you aren’t getting the point
If CJM thought KT was the guy needed to lead this team to the level he wants he wouldn’t be out looking for someone that MAY be able to do that
The same way CDM did with Cam

Again I never said or hinted that Stevens is Cam , hell Kelly Bryant isn’t even close to Cam

But there is a reason CJM is a little worried about the QB position, and we should be thankful he is trying to fix the problem
And I I don’t give a **** what teams are after Stevens
The same way no one was after Minshaw and we see how that turned out at Wash state.

If Stevens comes he comes . If he doesn’t he doesn’t.
It’s KT ‘s job to lose wether he comes or not. If he can beat him great, if Stevens wins the jobs great as well

msstate7
05-01-2019, 01:47 PM

Actually, he did...
Fitz vs Samford in 2016, 536 total yds

Todd4State
05-01-2019, 01:49 PM
The problem with the whole analogy - and I can't believe no one picked up on this - is that we wouldn't have had Cam replacing Russell. Cam would have replaced Relf and Russell. Relf was a big question mark going into the 2010 season. He had been the hero of the '09 Egg Bowl but somewhat pedestrian as a back up. Russell was so venerated as a passer that many thought he would overtake Relf even though he was just a redshirt freshman.

Where the analogy is right is that Dan was working with 2 questionable choices - Relf who had not proven himself as a passer, and Russell who wasn't a fit for his system (and wasn't ready) - and to advance his abilities to fully implement HIS system was going after HIS guy.

I'd say that there are definitely questions about KT at this point in time.

I would agree with Ari that the situation is similar because Relf really didn't fit Dan's offense all that well as a passer at least and probably fit in better at a Georgia Tech/Paul Johnson style of offense.

We get Cam Newton and no question 2010 is even better than it was and we probably blow some people like Florida and Georgia out that year and probably beat at a minimum Arkansas and Auburn and who knows beyond that with LSU and Alabama?

Dawg61
05-01-2019, 02:18 PM
Not talking about Fitz. I’m talking about KT v SFA ..... 13 of 31 attempts.

How many of those 18 incompletions were throw aways out of bounds so he didn't take a sack? What's his average yards per completion in those 13 throws with 360 yards passing? How many tds did he throw? At the end of the day it's about yards, tds and wins not about how many completions you get or your completion %. Don't get stuck on a misleading stat like completion %. It doesn't paint the whole story.

Dawg61
05-01-2019, 02:19 PM
As usual some of you aren’t getting the point
If CJM thought KT was the guy needed to lead this team to the level he wants he wouldn’t be out looking for someone that MAY be able to do that
The same way CDM did with Cam

Again I never said or hinted that Stevens is Cam , hell Kelly Bryant isn’t even close to Cam

But there is a reason CJM is a little worried about the QB position, and we should be thankful he is trying to fix the problem
And I I don’t give a **** what teams are after Stevens
The same way no one was after Minshaw and we see how that turned out at Wash state.

If Stevens comes he comes . If he doesn’t he doesn’t.
It’s KT ‘s job to lose wether he comes or not. If he can beat him great, if Stevens wins the jobs great as well

Good post. If KT is fine with Stevens coming here I'll be fine with it too. I just don't want to lose two years of KT for one year of Stevens. I think KT is that good.

Really Clark?
05-01-2019, 02:34 PM
How many of those 18 incompletions were throw aways out of bounds so he didn't take a sack? What's his average yards per completion in those 13 throws with 360 yards passing? How many tds did he throw? At the end of the day it's about yards, tds and wins not about how many completions you get or your completion %. Don't get stuck on a misleading stat like completion %. It doesn't paint the whole story.

He had 2-3 throw aways but he also had multiple bad throws that the WR help complete (or weak secondary). Williams made that great catch behind and right off the ground, for example. We were gifted a ton of yards that are stopped at the catch, knocked down or intercepted by a real opponent. He made a good throw to TE in 1st quarter and throws that were easy throws. But man at least be the objective with the entire game. How long did the WR have to stop and wait on 2 of the big pass plays. That neither pass could reach 50 yards.

ETA. I don’t care that you don’t think completion percentage means much because Moorehead sure does. Brought it up a lot last season. And when you are only running 64-65 plays a game, it most definitely is a factor in being efficient as an offense.

Dawg61
05-01-2019, 03:01 PM
He had 2-3 throw aways but he also had multiple bad throws that the WR help complete (or weak secondary). Williams made that great catch behind and right off the ground, for example. We were gifted a ton of yards that are stopped at the catch, knocked down or intercepted by a real opponent. He made a good throw to TE in 1st quarter and throws that were easy throws. But man at least be the objective with the entire game. How long did the WR have to stop and wait on 2 of the big pass plays. That neither pass could reach 50 yards.

Peyton Manning threw under thrown deep balls all the time. It's a 50/50 ball. WR can never catch it when it's ten yards over their head. Wayne Madkin used to do that all the time and I couldn't stand it. This is one thing (among many others) that Alabama and Saban are so much better at understanding and implementing than we have ever been. When they throw deep the QB puts a ton of loft on it basically making it the easiest of possible catches for a receiver. I don't get caught up on how nice a pass looks or how great a qbs completion % is. Tim Tebow got robbed of a 5+ starting career because everyone was obsessed with the optics of passes and completion %. He won games, was a great runner and an elite leader.

Maroonthirteen
05-01-2019, 03:12 PM
He threw for a ton of yards because our athletes are so much better than sFA. We had yards of separation. The first pass that Hill ran for a TD (that are credited as passing yards) was because Hill
Out ran their defense after the catch for 50 yards. That?s a zero to 5 yard play vs the sec.

With the separation and protection in that game, we should have been playing pitch and catch.

Dawg61
05-01-2019, 03:17 PM
He threw for a ton of yards because our athletes are so much better than sFA. We had yards of separation. The first pass that Hill ran for a TD (that are credited as passing yards) was because Hill
Out ran their defense after the catch for 50 yards. That?s a zero to 5 yard play vs the sec.

With the separation and protection in that game, we should have been playing pitch and catch.

Done arguing this. Cut KT and give the starting job to the guy living in Pennsylvania currently.

StarkVegasSteve
05-01-2019, 03:25 PM
Good post. If KT is fine with Stevens coming here I'll be fine with it too. I just don't want to lose two years of KT for one year of Stevens. I think KT is that good.

What are you seeing that most of us are not? I really want to know, because I want KT to be good, but I just don't see him being successful in this offense. I mean the supposed "IT" factor he has isn't helping him pick up this offense. He's just not a passing QB. He's more along the lines of Fitz but slightly more accurate. He's a statue in the pocket and has a bad tendency to stare down receivers. He also underthrows a lot of deep balls which has been mentioned before. One or two deep balls its ok, but a majority of his are underthrown and this offense thrives on blowing the top off the defense and throwing the deep ball. Again, I think KT is a great athlete and if Dan is still HC we aren't having this conversation.

Really Clark?
05-01-2019, 03:43 PM
Peyton Manning threw under thrown deep balls all the time. It's a 50/50 ball. WR can never catch it when it's ten yards over their head. Wayne Madkin used to do that all the time and I couldn't stand it. This is one thing (among many others) that Alabama and Saban are so much better at understanding and implementing than we have ever been. When they throw deep the QB puts a ton of loft on it basically making it the easiest of possible catches for a receiver. I don't get caught up on how nice a pass looks or how great a qbs completion % is. Tim Tebow got robbed of a 5+ starting career because everyone was obsessed with the optics of passes and completion %. He won games, was a great runner and an elite leader.

Those throws were NOT a 50/50 throw. What are you watching? He just could not physically get the ball to the WR. Even though they had 10 yards of separation completely around them (the only time all year they were that open as well)

Dawg61
05-01-2019, 03:48 PM
What are you seeing that most of us are not?

There were more than a couple that were vying for KT to be the starter before the season started last year. He had good showings vs Ole Miss and Louisville. So what happened to all those KT fans? Oh it's cause he missed a couple of throws in a total blowout game that he scored 7 tds and had 473 total yards in only 3 quarters. 7 touchdowns in 3 quarters is difficult vs air. Also he got a series vs aTm and their 3 straight full blitzes straight up the middle and was supposed to do something against that but since 6 guys can't block 8 dudes sprinting straight at them KT no longer gets to have a great future here. Instead let's give it to the career backup at PSU.

Dawg61
05-01-2019, 03:50 PM
Those throws were NOT a 50/50 throw. What are you watching? He just could not physically get the ball to the WR. Even though they had 10 yards of separation completely around them (the only time all year they were that open as well)

5 tds thrown in 3 quarters. I'll wait for you to find another game in MSU history a QB did that in only 3 quarters in his 2nd career start. I'll even make it easier for you if you can find another one in any start of their career to do that in just 3 quarters.

TrapGame
05-01-2019, 04:00 PM
There were more than a couple that were vying for KT to be the starter before the season started last year. He had good showings vs Ole Miss and Louisville. So what happened to all those KT fans? Oh it's cause he missed a couple of throws in a total blowout game that he scored 7 tds and had 473 total yards in only 3 quarters. 7 touchdowns in 3 quarters is difficult vs air. Also he got a series vs aTm and their 3 straight full blitzes straight up the middle and was supposed to do something against that but since 6 guys can't block 8 dudes sprinting straight at them KT no longer gets to have a great future here. Instead let's give it to the career backup at PSU.

You'd think by that third blitz KT would have dumped the ball to the TE. Somebody was wide the **** open on those blitzes. KT met an SEC level defense.

Really Clark?
05-01-2019, 04:08 PM

He didn’t look very good throwing vs UNM or Louisville either. With the EB it was mainly all the fumbles as well he coughed up. Come on dude. I think he COULD be really really good. He is a good runner now. But he hasn’t shown enough passing. And this has nothing to do with Stevens. I have not mentioned him at all

Really Clark?
05-01-2019, 04:12 PM
5 tds thrown in 3 quarters. I'll wait for you to find another game in MSU history a QB did that in only 3 quarters in his 2nd career start. I'll even make it easier for you if you can find another one in any start of their career to do that in just 3 quarters.

3 interceptions and 1 maybe 2 passing TD’s and 150-175 yards tops is what he would have had against any defense with a pulse. Bring up the SFA all you want, I’ve posted the video numerous times, that was a bad overall passing performance in actuality. And so was Louisville. But SFA game is the definition of stats looking much better than actual performance.

Homedawg
05-01-2019, 04:21 PM
I think it was challenging in the sense that you have a record setting QB at running the ball who was the face of the program coming off of a pretty horrific injury that was dirty...but at the same time he was also a known party animal, got suspended in game one, and was very inaccurate. I think we were solid at RB, TE, and C/G. That's only about half of the offense. People talk about how good Dan was- but this offense put up similar numbers all told in 2017 and 2018. People can scream but...?.but.....CONFERENCE games.....all they want to. This offense also blew out all of our OOC opponents- Dan did not one out of four times. Not complaining because we usually still won and that's all that matters plus everyone has an off day. Point is that's a far cry from Crooooom-esque. We also hung 52 on Arkansas and 35 on the road against Ole Miss in what was probably honestly the best all around Egg Bowl I have ever seen us play as I was not alive in 1909 or whatever year it was that we beat Ole Miss 65-0. We also scored in the 20's against A&M and Auburn which was good enough to win and those were quality SEC teams. All of that tells me it wasn't the system and that we need to add talent to the roster. Because when we are getting beat by LSU and allowing 17 and Alabama and allow 24 that tells me we are there on defense in terms of talent because there have definitely been times in other years where the defense wasn't "there" yet either.

I also find it interesting that Joe has now taken over as the OC since Getsy left. That makes me wonder how much was called by Joe vs Getsy and it makes me wonder if Joe disagreed with a lot of what Getsy was calling- however much that may have been. It kind of reminds me of when Les Koenning left and Dan took over as the OC after 2013. The whole reason why Dan hired Les was so he could focus on being the head coach until he realized that he could handle both calling plays and managing the team. Perhaps Joe had the same thought in year one?

Getsy didn't call a single play. Not one. He was oc in title like Hevesy and Billy were. That's all

Lord McBuckethead
05-01-2019, 04:22 PM

Yep. I am on the KT train. I thought he should have started last year. If he had, we would have won exactly the same number of games and we would be better off for it today. The worst thing about KT is that Staley processed himself at the same time as Tiano. KT should be a RS soph right now, but nope he had to play as a young freshman.

Johnson85
05-01-2019, 04:23 PM
What are you seeing that most of us are not? I really want to know, because I want KT to be good, but I just don't see him being successful in this offense. I mean the supposed "IT" factor he has isn't helping him pick up this offense. He's just not a passing QB. He's more along the lines of Fitz but slightly more accurate. He's a statue in the pocket and has a bad tendency to stare down receivers. He also underthrows a lot of deep balls which has been mentioned before. One or two deep balls its ok, but a majority of his are underthrown and this offense thrives on blowing the top off the defense and throwing the deep ball. Again, I think KT is a great athlete and if Dan is still HC we aren't having this conversation.

To me, none of that is indicative of anything other than being a normal true freshman and true sophomore.

My only concern with KT is that as bad as qb play was at times this year, Moorhead still didn't feel like KT could do any better. For all I know, maybe that was more a reflection of Moorhead's thoughts on Fitz and what it would do to his psyche, and not any indication of Moorhead's thoughts on KT's long term potential at QB. But it's concerning.

Johnson85
05-01-2019, 04:27 PM

He looked like a true freshman caught in the headlights versus Ole Miss, but showed athletic ability. He didnt' lose the game against a Sirmon coached defense.

I think what happened to the KT fans is that they watched us be completely lost at times for QB play without Moorhead being tempted to go to KT. That may not be fair, but on the otherhand, it's also ridiculous to think that going after a QB at this point means KT doesn't have a future here. Lots of good QB's only have the reigns for their RS JR and Sr seasons. I suspect for a lot of QBs playing before then their coaches wish they had had the luxury of keeping them in a backup role until then. The only thing that really sucks for KT is that if we get a new QB that beats him out, he will have to spend his third year RSing and getting limited snaps rather than RSing his first year and then spending his third year getting as many snaps as possible as the backup.

Todd4State
05-01-2019, 04:30 PM

I want Stevens to come because I think it will HELP KT. Not because I want to get rid of him. All the MSU experts are saying that KT probably won't transfer if we get Stevens so I think the running him off thing is WAY overblown and isn't based on anything tangible.

Cooterpoot
05-01-2019, 04:31 PM
Who gives a damn who the QB is? Just put the best one out there. I have little faith in any of them until they’re put under that starting SEC QB spotlight and show they can handle it. None of them have done that to this point.

Todd4State
05-01-2019, 04:31 PM
He looked like a true freshman caught in the headlights versus Ole Miss, but showed athletic ability. He didnt' lose the game against a Sirmon coached defense.

I think what happened to the KT fans is that they watched us be completely lost at times for QB play without Moorhead being tempted to go to KT. That may not be fair, but on the otherhand, it's also ridiculous to think that going after a QB at this point means KT doesn't have a future here. Lots of good QB's only have the reigns for their RS JR and Sr seasons. I suspect for a lot of QBs playing before then their coaches wish they had had the luxury of keeping them in a backup role until then. The only thing that really sucks for KT is that if we get a new QB that beats him out, he will have to spend his third year RSing and getting limited snaps rather than RSing his first year and then spending his third year getting as many snaps as possible as the backup.

The good news about that is the new redshirt rule at least allows him to play in four games this year. Which is by my math 1/3 of the games which is a lot for most back-up QB's all things considered unless the starter gets hurt.

Dawg61
05-01-2019, 04:34 PM
He didn’t look very good throwing vs UNM or Louisville either. With the EB it was mainly all the fumbles as well he coughed up. Come on dude. I think he COULD be really really good. He is a good runner now. But he hasn’t shown enough passing. And this has nothing to do with Stevens. I have not mentioned him at all

So he's not Tom Brady pinpoint accurate passing yet but he had 377 yards rushing and 6 rushing tds in those 3 games. For reference Dak had 986 rushing yards and 14 rushing tds in 13 games in 2014. Key had almost half that in just 3 games. Honestly I don't understand why any of y'all even give a shit about his completion % and how sexy his throws look when he's piling up stats like that and I think some of y'all expectations of a true freshman/sophomore are way out of whack.

And to use the fumbles against ankle spearing U is just totally unfair. You try never fumbling when 11 guys on defense are trying to end your career on every play and just turned the other QBs ankle backwards.

Lord McBuckethead
05-01-2019, 04:39 PM

Yep. I am on the KT train. I thought he should have started last year. If he had, we would have won exactly the same number of games and we would be better off for it today. The worst thing about KT is that Staley processed himself at the same time as Tiano. KT should be a RS soph right now, but nope he had to play as a young freshman.

PCHSDawg
05-01-2019, 04:42 PM
I just hate that I can't ignore someone because they are a moderator. Beat a dead effing horse why don't we.

Dawg61
05-01-2019, 04:51 PM
I just hate that I can't ignore someone because they are a moderator. Beat a dead effing horse why don't we.

You speaking about me cause I'm not a mod but I'll put you on ignore it that helps and it's hardly a dead horse when we are still actively recruiting a QB to play/start for 2019.

Really Clark?
05-01-2019, 05:05 PM
So he's not Tom Brady pinpoint accurate passing yet but he had 377 yards rushing and 6 rushing tds in those 3 games. For reference Dak had 986 rushing yards and 14 rushing tds in 13 games in 2014. Key had almost half that in just 3 games. Honestly I don't understand why any of y'all even give a shit about his completion % and how sexy his throws look when he's piling up stats like that and I think some of y'all expectations of a true freshman/sophomore are way out of whack.

And to use the fumbles against ankle spearing U is just totally unfair. You try never fumbling when 11 guys on defense are trying to end your career on every play and just turned the other QBs ankle backwards.

I said he was a good runner??? Read my post dude. And Nick had 1,375 yards in 2016 with 258 in the EB. And 5 games with more yards than KT?s highest. So what. Doesn?t have a thing to do with his throwing.

Dak? Really? Totally different type of runner, and you know that.

Moorehead definitely cares about the completion percentage. Only mentioned 100 times last season.